djjd62

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 05:47 pm
a hugely popular canadian beer ad from a few years ago

it addresses the fact that americans don't really know much about (aboot) us

I Am Canadian
Izzie

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 05:48 pm
@Dutchy,
HA - lmur would LOVE that - you gotta post that to him sometime - LOVE IT! <ohhh..... maybe I shouldn't say that quite so loud Shocked - good ad> Wink
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 05:52 pm
@djjd62,
FABULOUS..... great name too!

<ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... that guy is gorgeous - he can talk any way he likes.... in fact... he doesn't have to say a..............

oh dammit.... it's not saturday yet>
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 05:54 pm
just remember boys (and girls), watch out for the beer goggles

Izzie

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 05:58 pm
@djjd62,
Ha..... touche!

EXCELLENT ad...... goggling.... giggling... googling.... that's what I'm doing... googling!
FlavourQueen

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:13 pm
@Izzie,
Hey guys
Just had a quick catch up before bed.
Sis will call you tomorrow darling. Rest that foot babe!!
Brooke - hugs and prayers sweetie for you, Noah and the family
Mis- hope you are feeling better hun
Annis- it will happen.
Dutchy - hi sweetheart
Vbv _ it HAS to be black!
Jpb, dj, dd,ebeth and stormy- have a great weekend
Stay safe all
Big hugs
FQxx
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:21 pm
<packing my knitting needles for a trip to the pub>

<packing good wishes and sending them in a tiny little satchel to Noah>

sooo ready for the weekend - nice big fluffy snow is promised for tomorrow evening. We've got tickets to Tafelmusik performing Handel's Water Music tomorrow night, and I am ready to be mellowed out and mellowed up and right justified. I think I'm even looking forward to the hike from the subway back to the house after the concert. There's something about walking in a city in snow that appeals. It's got to do with the muffling of usually sharp sounds I think.
djjd62

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:32 pm
@ehBeth,
one of my favourite snow memories

living in Toronto (1984 or so), north of Eglinton a few blocks off Yonge Street, walking home late from friends, through quiet residential neighbourhoods, the snow coming down in heavy huge flakes, but calm, no wind, feeling a little contented, yeah that's the word, listening to CFNY on my sony walkman and hearing The Pretenders song 2000 Miles for the first time

The Pretenders - 2000 miles
ehBeth

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 06:55 pm
@djjd62,
ha!

1988 - at a party upstairs at the Clinton Tavern - a pal programmed music for them - went outside, sat on a planter on Bloor St in the snow, talked to my friend Kaethe about some sort of romantic trauma, went back in, heard

for the first time - then won the album in some kind of draw. Won Sunshine on Leith and a bottle opener

Walked back east along Bloor in the snow for about an hour with K and A and G at about 2 a.m. Quiet taxi noise.
djjd62

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 07:01 pm
@ehBeth,
nice, still love the whole sunshine on leith album, picked up a copy with bonus track a few years back, had their cover of king of the road and a song called lulu selling tea, about their memories of growing up in scotland
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 07:01 pm
@ehBeth,
HA Bethie - soon as I saw Dj's vid I started singing "I would walk 500 miles and I ......." - sing that with my girl Kelly out in Texas - she tries to do the Scottish accent.... as badly as her British accent! Love her. Have a fab time tomorrow nite - walk in the snow sounds perfect too.

Sis - no worries - toots up - talk tomorrow. x
Izzie

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 08:44 pm
@Izzie,
Nite Crew - good weekend to all. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx I iz tired. hugs and love xxxxxxxx
Dutchy

Reply Fri 20 Feb, 2009 09:26 pm
@Izzie,
Good night Captain, rest well.

Agree with you F/Q, black it should be, love it.

Thank you ehBeth and djjd for the music, very entertaining.
mismi

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 07:27 am
@Dutchy,
HA they are twins....it took me a minute to figure that out....I don't think I have ever SEEN them sing that song befire!

Hullo. Long day yesterday - but I slogged through it anyway. We went to practice in 30 degree weather last night. Hitting a baseball in that cold of weather is not fun - so says the twin 8 year olds. Wink Not to mention it can dent those expensive bats their DAD bought them Very Happy Thankfully we ended it at my favorite Mexican Restaurant - where Margaritas were in order - for me anyway...although J ordered a domestic beer! HA - he didn't get it of course.

More baseball today...it is fun though...thankfully, I have dear girlfriends who come as well and we sit and chat and enjoy each other. I told the Prof. that our social life disappears when baseball season is over, then starts back up again when it starts...we are such homebodies sometimes!

Brooke - I am so sorry to hear about Noah - he is in my prayers as are you and your family. I pray that little heart gets stronger and regulates very soon.

Iz, Dutchy, FQ, Annis, JPB, Rock, Dev, DeeDee, Beth, DJ, TC, Brooke, Try, Red, Roberta, Foxfyre, I hope you have or are in the midst of a wonderful weekend!

Hugs!
mis

Izzie

Reply Sat 21 Feb, 2009 08:19 am
@mismi,
I would walk 500 miles
And I would walk 500 more
......... dadadalllaalll daddadallladllaaa dah.... <singing> love that toon! Razz

Morning All

Mis - good to see ya gal - glad the baseball is going good so far and social life is picking up again - it will get warmer - spring is here! Hugs to you gal. x

Spoke to FQsis today - we absolutely roared with laughter to the the point of tears running down - we talk so much twaddle. Love her. Very Happy

BETHIE - did you knit all nite.... my toot is not so so sore - I wonder whether, when it moved, I dropped a few stitches and you managed to pick them up - perhaps it has fused a little more overnite Very Happy Still taking painkillers - but not in the pain I was in yesterday by any means.... and less tingling too! Happy Feet! Enjoy your concert tonite and your walk in the snow....luverly. x

Babbling - how are you doing today girlie - how is BabyNoah? Thinking of you - posi-thoughts abound. x

Still got a crashing laptop - DRIVING ME MAD.... I just don't know what to do. Didn't understand a techie response so not sure what to do now other than wipe the whole disk - which scares me stupid. I know it needs to go to the shop - but what the heck will I do without my laptop. OMG! Shocked aaaaaaaagh! It crashes when it whirrs big - when the computer is doing too much (like in Picasa or photo stuff) - but the RAM is 3 and should be perfectly fine. Dunno.... dunno what to do next. Hey ho!

Well, it's grey and misty outside and a little chilly - but all is good in Izzie world - so, wishing everyone a good weekend - wishing, hoping, praying (in my way) for good news for our Brooklyn and our youngest crew member. Also for Alex.

Laterzzzzzzzzzzzzz - smooches xxxx

oooooh..... its Saturday nite tonite! Razz

Wonder if the Harbour Master has picked up the tab yet! a? a? a?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/23/2024 at 10:22:05