"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

djjd62

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 05:11 pm
@ehBeth,
i was able to clear the last of the sidewalk leading to the garage this morning, still some drifts at the road

there saying we may hit near 60 the next 2 days
Izzie

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 05:20 pm
@djjd62,
Djjd - can you see your "new posts" and "my tags"..... neither of them are working for me here... Confused
JPB

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 05:33 pm
@Izzie,
Checking in and catching up.

Thoughts to all who are feeling poorly, fighting back fires, digging out from under the snow, watching the waters rise.

Iz -- I'll be holding your hand all day tomorrow.

love you.

hey to the rest of the crew. Be well all and stay safe.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 05:34 pm
@Izzie,
http://able2know.org/newposts/

http://able2know.org/user/izzie/tags/

maybe the links will help

?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 05:38 pm
@Izzie,
everything looks good for me

did you go on facebook or make a cellular call Wink
Very Happy

Izzie

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 06:12 pm
@djjd62,
facebook............aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggh! (ssssssssshhhhhhh) my tags still wont work. There's a hamster running around in PaPa's computer.... OH MY!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 06:16 pm
@djjd62,
Hi, all! Busy, busy!
Got Thing1 off to school today. She's a bit tired, but loads better than last week.
Had the "out-laws" (in-laws really) to lunch today. My obnoxious FIL tried to talk hubby into making and selling some solar whatcha-doohickey, annoying him to death in the process! Oh well.
Thinking of you Iz-, will be especially tomorrow.
Hi, DeeDee, dj, JP, Dutch-, FQ, mis-, Bethie! Hugs!!
Izzie

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 06:20 pm
@devriesj,
Hey Queen Dev...

oh - not having too much luck with the board tonite - my hamsters must be spinning - caught your post tho, so maybe the posivibes will work out my glitch.

Will try and get on tomorrow before I go down and hopefully all will be fine getting a connection.... if not.... I'll be back home like speedy gonzalez!

Glad Thing! managed school - might be a bit tired and teasy for a couple days tho getting back into the routine of things if she's not got her energy levels back. Bet her friends were so pleased to see her there.
x
Izzie

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 06:44 pm
@Izzie,
Oh....... I'm back here - coco... actually PaPa is pouring me a Bailey's - so I should hopefully be zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzing soon. Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 07:21 pm
@Izzie,
I gotta go zzzzzzzzzzz..... can't get A2K to work on here... and up in just over 4 hours. Sleep tomorrow - no worries.

crew- y'all take care and if I can't get online for whatever reason, know I will be thinking of y'all and will be back just as soon as I can.

Lovin y'all..........................................x

Nitey nite. x
ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 08:51 pm
@Izzie,
G'night Cap'n.

I hope you're having peaceful dreams of waves along the shore.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 08:55 pm
@djjd62,
I thought I was going to fall out of my car tonight. Parked on an ice mountain near the dance studio. The passenger side of the car was at least 12" higher than the driver side - the door just flooooooped open once I started to open it - I thought I'd floop right along - would have if I hadn't let go of the door handle. Pulling the door back in behind me on the return was another adventure.

I have to remember that Algernon is NOT an SUV or 4-wheel drive.
mismi

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 09:16 pm
@ehBeth,
So glad you didn't floop Beth...that could have been bad.

Izzie - you know I will be thinking about you and there with JPB holding your hand. Good thoughts Wink hugs hun

Hey there Dev...I know you're busy girl. Glad Thing 2 (or was that thing 1 - sorry) made it back to school. Hoping you all stay well.

Mine are all well now. I am thankful. Hoping they stay that way!

JPB - how's the cold?

Hey FQ....thanks sweety...take care of yourself...hope that G&T worked wonders!

Good Night All~
mis
bathsheba

Reply Mon 9 Feb, 2009 10:30 pm
@mismi,
hi to y'all,

Hope all is going good for all of you? Izzie, I just picked up on my breast lump thread - was re-reading old posts - that you were/are a school secretary? I did that for over 5 years at a high school. It was one of the most interesting jobs I've had - and busiest!

ehbeth, I'm glad you're ok from your adventure.

mismi, hope you're getting time to relax....I remember the days when my daughter was small...seems I never had time for anything. Now I have too much time. I actually thought I'd never miss the days when she was a teen and a real pain - but I do! Being retired ain't it's cracked up to be, I think.

Anyway I have 2 more chemo sessions!! Then just the one drug, not chemo, that has to be done via IV until November. But my hair will grow back by summer Smile I'll never complain about bad hair days again Smile Ya never know what'cha got until ya ain't got it.

JPB has a cold? Hope it's better?

Bathsheba
Dianne
verbivore

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 12:52 am
@bathsheba,
Sad sorry to hear that bath..good luck to you too..
izzie hope ur taking ample rests..
missy..hope u all re coco by now..
BEAgle/dd..hows it going there?? the fire's over by now?
Wv - ctch ye in FB
Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 03:06 am
@verbivore,
Hey Darlin's

I'm up and running in my room here. Got here safe and sound - no worries. Seen the surgeon, anaesthetist and had all my checks. Off to x-ray in a minute Confused (back later on that)

I have a cuppa EarlGrey beside me.... I'm not due to go down til later thisavo so they are letting me have a drink! Happy days.

anyhoo - it's a lovely day outside, sun is shining and beaut-eeee-ful blue skies. The city is on the coast - a very different world to the moors.

Dianne - so good to see you hunni - we've missed you. Have just read up on your thread and know things are tough for you - you are remarkable in how you are handling everything - just take each day at a time. We're all here for you when you need to have a chat. Big huge...gentle...hugs gal. x

JPB - sorry hun, missed your post last nite - was having probs with A2K and couldn't see diddly do. Thanku - I know you are here with me, and Mis...et al. Love you too. x

Hopefully Tulip will pop on board later and update y'all if she talks with Mom.

Thinking of y'all too and especially our Down Unders - love y'all xxxxxxxxxxxx

<"flooping" bethie.... now that made me smile>

0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 03:14 am
@verbivore,
Hi Diane, good to hear from you again, will check your other thread shortly.

Verbivore several fires still burning over many, many miles and can't be contained, wind is picking up as well. There are now 183 people confirmed dead with many more to come as they enter the burnt out areas, sifting through what once were houses and cars.

Edit: The Captain sneaked in under my guard. Great to see you smiling too Izzie, makes my feel incredibly happy, you are such a brave young lady. Hope to talk to you tomorrow around here. Hugs. x

Below a photo of a cute little friend saved from the fire and being given a drink by a country fireman. Photo sent to me by a friend in the area.
http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/3121/bushfirewz3.jpg
Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 04:38 am
@Dutchy,
Hey Crew...

BEAgle... that photo... oh, enough to make you weep and enough to give hope that the wildlife are surviving.

**********************************************************************************************

K crew.... well, the news.

I've had my xrays - and .... as suspected, my left foot has a nasty RA nodule on the 4th toe. It's been causing me a problem for a while and it's been getting progressively worse - it's like walking on a marble with an edge on it. They are going to remove it - from the underside of my foot - which is quite big surgery. The right foot will be screwed and stapled.

It's all OK and all.... I kinda knew what had been happening with this - and wasn't prepared to address it until today - you know, that bury the head thing and "OY - look at my tail feathers"

now, don't have time to think about it. That's a good thing.

So....... I now have big black arrows on both my feet - the surgeon has been back in to see me and we know what we're doing. The left foot will be more difficult than the right foot and I think, tho I'm not positive, both feet are going to be plastered. The surgery isn't the problem - my biggest risk here is infection with my immune system being the way it is, surgery isn't readily done in the UK with SLE patients and being on immunosuppresants... but I know the risks there and after a long discussion, have fully taken into consideration and weighed up the "fors" and "againsts"... so... one surgery, as opposed to two. (deja vu!)

It's OK.... it is.... it is.... <says loud enough for myself to hear> <noivous>

It's gonna be just fine. Neutral
Dutchy

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 04:46 am
@Izzie,
Oh Izzie, that all sounds so complicated, keeping my fingers crossed all goes according to plan with no side effects. Pleased to know you have your laptop working there. Try to relax and enjoy that cuppa of earl grey, you will be just fine.
Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Feb, 2009 04:51 am
@Dutchy,
mmmmmmmmmm.... I'm nil by mouth from now on.... now, if anything makes me cranky - it's not being able to have a cuppa - HA! Razz

Yep... bit of a complication but nothing unsurmountable.... right! RIGHT!

Haven't told the folks yet..... best make a quick call a?

Arrow

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 05:06:06