"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

JPB

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 09:40 am
@Izzie,
Great to see you and FQsis having such a fun time, Izzie.

Happy New Year to all.

0 Replies

annis

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 10:40 am
Happy New Year to one and all! Many thanks to Izzie and FQ and the crew for putting up with me X

MM, cleaning is good, I do it all the time and burning, as Izzie knows. It is a matter of being in control of things that you can be in control of! As we have had no control of the other things in our lives. Take care, thinking of youX
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 10:55 am
good morning

happy 2009

U2 - News Year Day
djjd62

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 11:03 am
@djjd62,
Shocked , News Year Day, and i never touched a drop last night
Izzie

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 12:22 pm
@djjd62,
Hey Crew

Hoping all are well.

JPB " Happy New Year to you girlie " hoping you and Mr.B enjoy your party tonite? And the girls " did they have a good time? Raised a glass to you and RH last nite. Hope you had a great time with your family.

Alex " I bet the Burgundy Wall room was much appreciated by the guests and your evening was a great success with your flutes.

Vegemite " how did you and Eby celebrate the New Year? Hugs girlie " hope to talk with you soon.

Tricia " hoping you are feeling a lot better now and no more probs with the power outages. Also hoping you have got out and about and looking positively towards 2009. Stay strong girl and keep jumping onboard if you are able.

Djjd " oh.... sorry for Mom today " hope she has managed to get thru the day " glad you were there for chauffeur her " bless you hun.

Missy " how are MaMa and PaPa Dixie and the Professor? Did the children stay up ‘til after midnite? Are they tired and teasy now?

MM - Missy is right " cleaning house is cathartic " it’s a normality which has to be done at the oddest of times (I do that sometimes in the early hours of the morning) " just a way of focusing on something totally inane and not having to think too much " there is always something to be cleaned just.... because. Glad Stacy managed to sleep for at least a nite " the eating thing.... well, again, it’s a little about control as well " Stacy will control her environment in the only way she can " because her “normal environment” is out of her control right now. That includes eating...talking...crying... and maybe even macabre laughing " seems the wrong thing to do... but it’s the right way for her, and only her way is the right way at the moment. It’s what she needs to do. Patience hun " hug her when you can and just be as supportive as possible. It’s not easy for you either " do what you can " normality does return " ordinary, boring, mundane normality returns, but also feelings of guilt kick in that “everyone is carrying on as normal” " that is...... life..... when maybe Stacy, Jason...family... may think that everything should just stand still. Thing is... life doesn’t stand still " it continues. It’s very hard. Just my opinion and I have biased feelings. Thanku for posting Kaines obituary " words and just words J, try not to worry about the phrasing - y’all know who Kaine was to Stacy, please try not to think about the wording too much.

BEAgle and Indeedee " you will now be sleeping " so glad the New Year was good for you both. Indeedee " you have a special year ahead with daughters baby on the way " rest up while you can... you’re gonna be a busy G-mom. Love to all the DDxx’s ...and to Mrs BEAgle and PL-clan. Walter " interesting that BEAgle knows of the street from that birth certificate. Small world.

Bethie " believe you were going for a quiet nite last nite " hope you enjoyed and HIM’s knee is all better now too.

((((TicoMan)))) " thanku " a whole year here on the boards " feels like a heartbeat and a lifetime both at the same time. How different I feel about things from this time last year.

So....

Tulips S-boy and the Little Fella
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1100241-1.jpg

Say CHEESE onboard
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1100246-1.jpg

Tulip and FQsis
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1100248-1.jpg

FQsis and the girls
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1100279-1.jpg

BigBoy, Girls and Little Niece
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1100286-1.jpg

FQ’s K
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1100287-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1100300-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1100296-1.jpg

Happy New Year...
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1100270.jpg

Love y'all xxxx
Izzie

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 12:28 pm
@djjd62,
Hey DjjD.... oooooooooh... here's a drop for you... just to take the chill off a?

http://www.rammerjammeryellowhammer.com/weblog/archives/southern-comfort.jpg
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 12:31 pm
@Izzie,
ahhh, looks like a lovely family and friends evening there

I fell asleep sometime after 9 p.m., woke up just before midnight to the sound of one of the dogs huffing and puffing - I think he was reacting to the sounds of the Times Square festivities on the t.v. Set came down to tell me it was midnight, let the dogs out, and open the front door to let the New Year in. I think I woke up for that - I have some dim memories.

Next year, I think I'll take a vacay day so I'm more rested in advance and can actually stay awake til midnight - maybe make a few phone calls.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 12:51 pm
@Izzie,
Looks like great fun, izz.

I'd forgotten that Mr B had proposed watching "The Big Lebowski" as our movie du jour. I'd seen it once a long time ago and thought it was funny/stupid. Last night I was laughing hysterically. For some reason all of the characters reminded me of particular A2Kers. Mr B didn't quite understand why I was cracking up over particular scenes that he didn't think were as funny as some other ones, heheh.

M fortunately got a ride home from her party by another parent (around 3:00 am) and we haven't heard a peep from K yet. She and the bf went back downtown yesterday afternoon to celebrate NYE in the city rather than be at boring old home.

I never did get the nap I wanted and I didn't sleep well wondering whether M had made it home. Finally got up around 7:00 to check on her and didn't get back to sleep. Nap day today for sure. And, fortunately, I had the day wrong on the party. It's tomorrow night which gives us a day to recover from being up so late last night.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday, izzie. Glad you're all having so much fun. How long are the FQs going to be in town?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 02:19 pm
@Izzie,
Good morning Izzie, thank you for posting the pictures, it certainly looks like you had a great New Year's Eve party, everybody looks happy and beautiful. Absolutely stoked it happened to you, so well deserved after a year of up and downs, thank you FlavourQueen and Tulip for making it happen to our dear Captain. Hugs to all of you.
whiteviolet

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 03:40 pm
@Dutchy,
Hi, Cap'n. Am Ok thanks, spent last night out of Lincoln at a friend's house which made a nice change but it's so bitterly cold here, below freezing, white freezing mist. Dutchy, can I interest you in JPing with me? Maybe you could send a few?
mysteryman

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 03:43 pm
Happy New Year everyone.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 05:17 pm
@whiteviolet,
Your wish is my command whiteviolet, only to happy to oblige. Smile
Izzie

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 05:58 pm
@Dutchy,
Hey Crew...

Good to see everyone jumping onboard.

had some laughs tonite... all very tired - but still up... including the older kids (tho we're trying to get them to settle down now - midnite now). FQsis et al leaving in the morning... gonna be quiet without everyone here.

Hoping all are OK. Love y'all x
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 07:27 pm
@Ticomaya,
Ticomaya wrote:

Happy New Year, Izzie, and Happy Anniversary.

Now I understand what Tico meant! January 1 is also Izzie's anniversary as a member of Able2Know. Thanks for a year of great photos and great posts, Izzie!
Izzie

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 07:38 pm
@wandeljw,
Oh......... bless you jw. Thanku - the pleasure has been all mine. Heck.... whadda I done without this crew... who knows! They keep me sailing round the world! I love being here..... a whole year... amazing! Look what we've all achieved. FAB. x
verbivore

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 02:27 am
@Izzie,
hi folks..am really sorry for not being around much here..as much as i wish to..
truly and frankly ve been caught up..or rather swept up in a motley of emotions.,
loneliness..kind of led me into a confused friendship..yeah i knw its sort of confusing..watever i write doesnt make ne sense..but write i must i guessed!
Izzie..eby's parents are here..so he kind of njoyed the new dawn..not tht i dint njoy..they are good folks..sure. I just was reminded of my lacks i guess..and kind of felt lonely in a crowd. i told u ..its the days before..tht kept me in the dark. They r lovely, they shopped for us and kind of making the 'house' a 'home'. and ofcourse..me being a 'vegemite' eby's having his full fledged non-veg treat in these few days. Im drifting..along...
i guess ill pick up and start moving again..sometime soon!!
no matter how beautiful things go..sometimes..when u dont seem to have a handful of "ur" own people..to cling on to..its hurting! Its as though marriage has set me on a journey..from where communication to my place of birth seems the most difficult thing to do..not that i dnt knw when i started..but now im scorning the reality.

MM - i read the piece myself.before i read ur thoughts abt it..i dint likeou..i it myself! but lemme tell you twas written by "some one"" nt kaine or stacey..coz what they shared or u shared ..its just for you knw..to define..never ever will another person call it perfect..take care of urself and stacy..we r always here for u..

Beagle - thnx a lot for dropping the new yr wishes..it was really kind & thoughtful of u! sometime i have ths guilt that i aint being half caring..or thoughtful as u are..

leme wind up now..
a BIG hug to the entire crew...coming in here is like having dark chocolate in depressed times..u kind of indulge..and get away!

Dutchy

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 02:44 am
@verbivore,
Hi verbivore so nice of you to drop by. We all go through difficult and confusing periods in our life, so don't worry you're not the only one, I'm sure a little talk with Izzie will put your mind at ease. Guess what my friend, had my first full vegetarian meal tonight. Smile Try to keep smiling, enjoy a piece of chocolate and the company of your In-Laws. Sending you good vibes.
whiteviolet

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 05:33 am
@Dutchy,
Dear fellow veggie, VBV. Just to say I'm glad you shared some of your feelings with us and hope that things will smooth out a little for you very soon. How life is is often so different from how we want it to be and loneliness makes us do unexpected things sometimes just so we can cope. I also have done something very out of character recently for the same reason. That's fine, we are human, not machines. You've had a lot to cope with and I hope you will be gentle on yourself. Big hug. T x
Izzie

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 08:25 am
@whiteviolet,
Morning All... brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... chilly white crunchy grass!

FQsis is on her way back to Essex with the girls and K is coming back in a bit to pick up the dawg - Bear!

My oh my.... 14 folk and 4 dogs - it's been a busy New Year and will be very quiet for the next couple days.

Little fella and I had opticians appts this morning... ack... sore red eyes - chappie says my cornea is damaged on the left eye - too much COMPUTER stuff, not enough blinking and not enough tears (HA - that doesn't sound like me a? - ho ho ho).... OH MY... so, no probs long term if I use eye drops every 2-3 hours - and "wear those glasses you've had, and not used, for 2 years" whilst yabbering... aye aye Cap'n I-Dock!

The house is incredibly trashed so need to try and get some cleaning up done (that sounds a bit responsible) - little fella is at his Dad's for the weekend so oughta crack on. Being a bit "bah humbug" - all decorations are about to be relegated back to the loft - TODAY... tho the Crimbo tree will have to stay in the conservatory 'til someone can move it out for me.

House is gonna be scaffolded next week as the fasicas, soffits, gutters and drainpipes are being replaced.... really looking forward to that - gonna climb on the roof when the scaffold goes up. Razz

Vegemite - understand hun, what you're saying and know it's hard for you to be separated from your family. Ping me on yahoo (msn is still being a tad temperamental) and we can yabber there. Keep your chin up and look forward to 2009 positively - things for you are changing as the months go by - keep focused on the future girlie. You know we're here and you can talk to us anytime. x

Tricia - be gentle with yourself too - a New Year now girl - what's done is done and you can't go back or change it... but you can change how you go into today and tomorrow... and forwards. You must focus on you and what's right for you - step back out of yourself, take a deep breath, and deal with one thing at a time. Just one.... then the next, then the next. Take the pressure off yourself - you're only human too - just be the person you choose to be. You're doing so well - keep posting - you know how good the people are here - and there's always someone on the deck to sit with ya. That Bosun of ours .... he's a good listener and he's always hanging out on the poop deck! x Wink

BEAgle - hope you have had a great day and are taking it easy. Sorry we didn't get to talk with you whilst FQsis was here. Will see if I can SKYPE in over the weekend. x

MM - how are you doing today? How's Stacy, Jason and Cody? Hugs. x

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... ack.. just put the laptop on the floor when the phone rang and the big dog trod on it..... my tab key is hanging off the keyboard..... oh noooooooooooooooooooooooo..... cr*p. That'll learn me a? Don't put the darn thing on the floor. Oh no no no... what to do now! DARN DARN DARN.... or words to that effect.....

alex240101

Reply Fri 2 Jan, 2009 09:58 am
@Izzie,
Two thousand and nine. Somebody stop the clock.
Hello Izzie. We made it.
All our family and friends have left now.
Will two thousand and nine be better? No definition for better.
Nevertheless, I pick my moments, and embrace. Put the memory, for a rainy day.
"14 folk and 4 dogs" - How do you do it?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 01:19:41