"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

JPB

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:50 am
@Izzie,
Happy New Year to all the crew.

Mr B and I are going to a party tomorrow night and will enjoy a quiet evening at home waiting for a call to pick M up from her party.

A quiet dinner, a movie at home, and some champagne along the way is on the agenda. I don't promise not to sneak a nap in there somewhere.
mismi

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:52 am
@JPB,
Sounds lovely JPB - we will be at home quietly - well as quiet as you can be with three boys and grandparents...

(((JPB))) have a good one -

I am procrastinating.
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 01:10 pm
Howdy everyone, its me.
I read what Stacy wrote yesterday, and your responses.
I thank you for taking the time to respond to her.
She is still in alot of pain, but she is starting to become herself again.
Of course, it will take a long time for her to get back to some sense of normal.

We got hit again yesterday, but not so close to home this time.
A friend of mine on the FD had his dad pass away this weekend and he is being buried today, and we found out last night that a man Stacy used to work with died yesterday morning.
We went back to the funeral home last night to visit my friend and lend him support, but he knew how devastated Stacy and I are from Kaines death so he hwasnt upset we only stayed a few moments.

Today Stacy is demanding that the house gets cleaned from top to bottom, even though it really isnt dirty.
Yes, its cluttered, but not dirty.
I think its her way of trying to keep her mind off of Kaine, so I am not going to argue with her about it.
Last night, she finally slept.
We went to bed shortly after she wrote to all of you and she slept for almost 12 hours.
Its the first real sleep she has gotten since Kaine died.
I was not about to wake her up this morning, I let her sleep all she wanted.
Now, I need to figure out a way to get her to eat something.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, here is Kaines obituary from the paper...

http://www.ucadvocate.com/articles/stories/public/200812/31/04Fb_obituari.html

It has Stacy listed as "special caretaker" and I am not thrilled with that.
It makes it sound like Kaine was handicapped somehow.
Stacy raised him and he lived with her and I for about 8 years.
She doesnt mind, but I do.

Anyway, thanks for being here and putting up with my babbling, and hers.
I will talk to you all later.

mismi

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 01:49 pm
@mysteryman,
Not babbling at all MM - I babble - what you have been sharing is your heart. And we are glad to hear and help with what we can. It's a good group it is - including you. Blessed you come to us with it. Truly.

Glad to hear she slept - hoping you can find something to entice her appetite. Oh cleaning the house is the answer to everything for a woman... Wink glad you are willing to help her.

hugs to you and Stacy,
mis
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 02:01 pm
@Izzie,
Good evening Izzie, FlavourQueen and Tulip, a special Happy New Year wish to you all, I know it is only 8pm new years eve down your way but here it is already 6.30am New Year's Day. Hope you all are having a great time, my thoughts are with you.

Interesting card card Walter, I know the address well, infact my first employer lived in the same avenue. Still people by that name living in Amersfoort. A Happy New Year to you too from downunder.

To all the crew my best wishes for the coming year and may all your hopes and dreams come true in 2009.
deedeexx

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 03:23 pm
@Dutchy,
Wow - where did that week go?? All the guests have gone and house back to normal (well, as normal as this house can get). Lot of fun and merriment and love with kids, grandkids, in-laws, parents etc.

Well, first day of 2009 here - wishing all the crew a very happy new year to you and yours and hope 2009 brings what you wish for.

Haven't had a chance to go back and read from where I last posted but saw that MM suffered a tragedy - Jeff, my sincere condolences to you and Stacey and your family. I see as usual the "Yabber" crew and captain offered you support to try to get you through your trying time. They are always there when one needs comfort or advice.

Hugs and smooches to all of you from this little corner of "down-under".
Dutchy

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 03:29 pm
@deedeexx,
Good morning DDXX, wishing you and family also a very Happy New Year. Did you watch the fireworks from Sydney last night, wasn't that spectacular. Taking it easy today, peace has returned after the family has left for Port Lincoln, had a great Christmas though. Get that "j/p" going. Smile
deedeexx

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 03:52 pm
@Dutchy,
Good morning Beagle. Yes, same here - the lull after the storm. Will go and start a j/p now. Smile
mismi

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 05:54 pm
@deedeexx,
Happy New Year DeeDee and Dutchy - wishing it to be a happy and blessed 2009 for you both!

Got the champaigne cooling in the fridge! Looking forward to lifting a glass to all of your good health and blessing!

kiss kiss hug hug
Dutchy

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 06:03 pm
@mismi,
Hi mismi, a Happy New Year to you , the Professor and the three boys too, may 2009 fulfill all your dreams and wishes.
We're already 10 1/2 hours into the new year, did toast you all with a glass of Champagne at midnight.

Smooches dear mismi.
Izzie

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 06:42 pm
@Dutchy,
HAPPY NEW YEAR CREW FROM BRITAIN....

HA.... my one year anniversary on A2K - and my one year of finding friendship around the world. You guys are just simply... THE BEST!

HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Love y'all. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
djjd62

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 06:45 pm
again i say

happy new year and anniversary to you izzie
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 06:49 pm
@Izzie,
Hi Captain, nice to have heard your voice, pity the line was bad, must be the 12 million people on line. Very pleased to have met you one year ago, you have become a great friend to all of us here, hope the coming year will be heaps better. Hugs and smooches from downunder.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 06:50 pm
@Izzie,
OH BEAGLE.... I wish we could hear you.... FQsis and I could barely hear you - but HAPPY NEW YEAR DARLING..... Missy - we desperately wanted to call you but the signal is terrible....

however, FQsis, Tulip and I wish you all a Happy New Year

thanku so much crew for always being there for me.....

you are the world to me.... wish I could hug you all. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 06:50 pm
a holiday classic ala american satirist allan sherman

i know a man, who's name is lang
and he owns a neon sign
now mister lang is very old
so we call it old lang's sign

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 07:19 pm
Was it some kind of sign that my new desk neighbour at work lives on a small boat?

http://bp0.blogger.com/_bdtuKKCTCf4/Rvbv4ebzTlI/AAAAAAAADbQ/vx51i67ETow/s400/Irene+Bordoni+-+Shipboard.jpg http://bp0.blogger.com/_bdtuKKCTCf4/R0TFU6d7zlI/AAAAAAAAD9U/Nu5tWLWhPXU/s400/Bordoni,+Shipboard-+Circa+1926.jpg

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

http://images.google.ca/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://images.buycostumes.com/mgen/merchandiser/30186.jpg&usg=AFQjCNEvHKop6twFUh2VcyWskNbimN8EKw
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 07:26 pm
@Izzie,

Happy New Year, Izzie, and Happy Anniversary.

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5030/flyingpigsw3.jpg
Izzie

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:58 pm
@Ticomaya,
Thanku Tico and DjjD... and to you darlins' - hugs.xxxx

Bethie - of course it was a sign.... always look for the positive signs. Wishing you a very Happy New Year and to HIM and the Hamburgers. xxxx

So...we had planned to doll up and change.... HA.... we didn't - it was very relaxed and we chilled...

It was a lovely nite... we auld lang syned.... played many games, Tulip was the best quizmaster ever and the BigBoy was here too with his friends. We had fireworks... we laughed with Groucho and Elvis!

Moi et FQsis...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1100291.jpg

incontinence pads were nearly required!

It's nearly 6am here.... the house is quiet (were 14 of us).... my little niece is unfortunately realising that sneaking some booze was not a good plan!!!! So... I need to wait until she sleeps before going to bed. She's sitting here with me.... with a bowl...tsk tsk tsk - time to try and get her back to bed. Desperately need to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Anyhooooooooooooo..... it's time for the dawn to break which means 2009 has reached the USofA crew. Happy New Year to y'all....

http://www.bbc.co.uk/religion/galleries/christmas/images/5.jpg

smooches xxxx xox Razz

Dutchy

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 12:12 am
@Izzie,
What a beautiful post Captain and that at 6am, I'm proud of you. Laughing

Goodnight or should that be G'day?

(((Izzie)))
Izzie

Reply Thu 1 Jan, 2009 07:43 am
@Dutchy,
The breaking of a new year.... 2009..... hardly seems possible!

I haven't had the opportunity to read back yet and must just post verrra quickly.

Unfortunately, sleep has not happened - little niece was poorly (not ick, just ack), so needed to sit up with her - her other Grandma picked her up at 8.30am... but the doorbell woke the boys up.... so.... have managed about an hours kip!

It was a lovely nite - quieter than anticipated as the microphone didn't work - HA - but just good to be with FQ, Tulip et al. 4 adults and 10 kids... at the new Chez Izzie - a great way to see the New Year in, here by the river.

Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you all and hoping everyone who was able to, enjoyed their New Years celebrations. Will try and get online a little later and catch up with y'all. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

MM and Stacy - thinking of you - know you will be reeling still and just trying to get through the days right now. Arms are wrapped around you wishing peace for you both and for the family. xx

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 05:51:14