"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

whiteviolet

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 07:44 pm
@Izzie,
A fellow Devonian is sending lots of love to you and Tulip, Izzie, after your difficult day. Hope to meet you both in 2009.

Your mention of Okehampton reminded me of lovely walks from Belstone (love Belstone Church!) , Dartmoor ponies everywhere, and a circle of stones that legend says dance at night...

Must say hi especially to Mis, Alex, Dutchy, JPB and Try - all of you are also unforgettable for your previous kindness to me in PMs and emails.

MM - you and your family are still in the forefront of my mind and you can be proud of how you are all getting through this challenging time.T x

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 07:55 pm
@Dutchy,
Thanku BEAgle... well, FQsis and K have just gone to zzzzzzzz so I'm sitting here with a Baileys!!!!!!

Plans for tomorrow.... OH MY! Lotsa singing at Chez Izzie - where we are going to have a bit of Dancing Queen and .... Big Nite. Bit of Big Band, Jazz and no doubt Abba and a few more... won't be doing too much throwing the arms in the air but it should be a good nite. Tulip and the kids are going to come stay too so there will be 11 of us here. K has been given some fireworks (oh .... that's a bit scary methinks) - he's a bit of a responsible fella tho so he should be coco. (maybe have them, maybe not).

Anyhoo.......... we will see the New Year in together - BigBoy won't be with us.... but that's the way it is - he wants to be with his mates as most teenagers do.

Gosh... nearly 2am now.... maybe another wee Baileys before bed - its quiet here now...

edit.

Hey WV - good to see you and wishing you a better year ahead. Love and hugs to you. x

(Belstone is gorgeous - of course, there was a fox there! Stunning walks up by the quarry up there... and a great cycle track to the Railway Carriage at Sourton across the viaduct - fond memories)

mysteryman

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:08 pm
Hi all, this is Stacy, Jeff's better half ... I just wanted to say thank you all very much for being here for Jeff....to be honest I didn't know I was doing all this to him....All I was thinking about was Jason and Kaine...they both are my world too.....Jeff is a very special man to me, he has been here for me I didn't realize I was pushing him away...but I was...I'm so glad I woke up and seen what I was doing...I wouldn't do anything to hurt him...The funeral was today I feel as if it is all a bad dream..and I want to wake up and it not be true....Cody is hiding his feelings he hasn't broke down yet, no tears at all during the funeral. I tried to tell him it is ok to cry, he refuses, so I know I have that to look forward to now.....I am still a nervous wreck not even sure I'm making any sense here...but I just wanted to tell you all thank you very much for your thoughts and prayers. May God bless each and everyone of you..... Stacy
Dutchy

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:14 pm
@Izzie,
Cheers Captain I'm having an Earl Grey Smile . Your MSN fixed yet? Quiet day downunder, very cool for this time of the year, after such a warm Christmas. Sounds like a great night coming up, very happy for you. Now easy on the Bailey's eh!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:16 pm
@mysteryman,
Hi Stacy - I'm glad to see you came by. Jeff's a good guy - and we know from his report of the wedding that he's crazy for you.

Take care of each other - it'll help you both.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:17 pm
@mysteryman,
Stacy, I am guessing the time dif will make responses come mostly tomorrow.

Izzie's ship is a wonderful place of love, hope, and healing, and I am so glad that you are able to come aboard.

(Hugs from Kansas to you, Jeff, and all of yours)
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:35 pm
@mysteryman,
Picture of my handsome nephew Kaine

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/smurrell/kaine1.jpg
Izzie

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:52 pm
@mysteryman,
Dear Stacy

Oh hun.... what a handsome fella. You must be very proud to call him your nephew and hold onto all the things made made him the boy he was. That picture and feeling must stay in your heart every day. Thanku so much for sharing it with us. We are blessed that you would do that Stacy. Thanku. x

It is so lovely to meet you, tho I wish it were under different circumstances and so very courageous of you to come online. Everything must be so terribly hard right now to come to terms with. You just have to do what you can to get thru each day - try not to think too much on the next weeks and months... just each day as it comes. Your emotions will rollercoaster and you may feel competely out of control. Hold onto all the memories you have of Kaine, and hold onto J too, who is your present and future and be there, if you can, for Jason as he needs you.

Cody will have to deal with things his way. Watching children deal with tragedy is so difficult.... Tulip (another of our Brits) watches how her children deal with their feelings each day from their father passing, my friend, just under a year ago - and at times, it seems incredible how they (kids) manage to cope with their emotions better than we, as adults, do. In fact they become mini adults... they are Cody's age. Give him time - and just the opportunity - should he wish - to talk... or not talk. His friends will probably be the most comfort too him right now, because they won't be grieving like the adults - that may sound strange - but kids will go on with their every day life as it was before, and will distract him and "just be kids" - they are less inclined to feel guilty for laughing, or joking, or just being themselves. We deal with grief in such a different way - and strangely again, children pull us up without meaning too - they're the ones who kinda make us see that life goes on, as hard as that sounds, it will, it does, and everyone hopefully finds a way.

In saying that, I don't think the pain ever goes.... you just find a way of dealing with it so that it doesn't consume your life. Kaine would not have wanted his family to suffer... Kaine has to live on in all of you - by all of you helping, being, supporting and caring for one another, just the best way you can.

No guilt hunni, no feelings of right or wrong. TALK to J when you can, most of all, no matter how much you wish to pull back... hold onto whats dear to you and continue to live, laugh and love. All in good time girl.... all in good time... and there are NO time limits, and no-one can fix what's ahppened or change their immense void you will have in your lives.

Bereavement counselling can be very beneficial - but not for a while yet (after a few months)- the shock of what's happened to Kaine, and therefore to all of you, has to go thru that "process" of grief is... whatever the process is for each individual involved. No rights, wrongs, judgements.... day by day... and eventually, we hope to find peace, whether that is thru your faith.... or whether it just a way that makes you understand, it is what is - it can't be changed. BUT knowing Kaine is in your hearts and the remarkable selfless act from Jason that his life has been gifted to others - and can help many more people - is truly a wonder. That innter strength of smething good coming from someone dying so tragically, I hope will give him some peace in the future, tho that make take a very long time.

I'm so glad you came here - please, come by anytime and just write, or sit, or do whatever makes you feel comfortable. So many of this crew have understanding of so many different situations.... tho none of us are experts - we have a friendship that goes out around the world... albeit a cyber world... but a very real world for some of us too. We're here for all of your - you're our KY crew. One day it will good to meet you in real life under much better circumstances. J has my email hun - feel free to use it ANYTIME.... nite or day.

I wont wish you a Happy New Year per se... to your family - that would not sit right with me.... what I will offer is a New Year for you to come to terms, to let time pass... for peace to find you... to find friendships from unknown quarters.... and for you to find the hidden strength that has bee dealing with so many family passings in the last year. You are a good person Stacy.... 2009 will be a healing year... there may be more years it will take.... know you can come her ANYTIME.... the crew here are the best in the world - and will always tell you how it is and not fluff it up too much <except me.... I am mrs fluffy, drippy, gushy..... tho that Mis and Babbling do a pretty good fluffy.

We can't wrap you all in conttonwool for a year and this next time next year you will fee better..... nope, it won't work that day. Normal, every day.... when you. When you can.... take a long walk, a drive in the car, take the things that are more precious in your life and make them count every day you can... IT WONT BE EASY..... but I know you and do it... you have a good man beside you - hold each tight and help each other when you cant. If it's easier to talk online - go right ahead girlie... he'll know - sometimes saying things silently is better than saying nothing at al. You can trust the folk here - they are good decent regular folksies, different culures, different opnions... If just ONE thing, one word, or phrase, can make a difference to you and the family - the maybe this is why this "ship with the motley crew" sail..

Take care Stacy - you're in our thoughts with so much love and belief, with J, Jason Cody and the family. x
JustBrooke

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 09:04 pm
@mysteryman,
Hi Stacy ...... We're all glad that Jeff allowed us to be with him, you, Jason, Cody, and the rest of your family... in the best way we could. Been thinking about you guys a lot today. Thank you for posting.

Please don't be too hard on yourself for any of your emotions that might have caused you to push Jeff away a little. You've all had so much shock and grief these past few days. I'm sure he understands. The main thing is....you've reconnected. Your love provides strength for both of you right now.

The first stages of grief are shock and denial. It's not unusual to deny the reality of the loss, as a sort of protection mechanism from the pain. Sort of helps us to not be so overwhelmed in the beginning. I bet that is what Cody is going through. He will cry. It just might take him a little time. We all deal with loss differently. You will be there for him when he does....just as you are there for him now.

I bet you are feeling pretty drained right now. Might be a good night to just snuggle up to Jeff and gain some strength from your love.

Continued prayers going your way.

Consider yourself virtually hugged. (((( Stacy & Jeff & Family ))))

God bless all of you.

PS- Kaine has such a soft look in his eyes in that picture. And a sweet smile. You can tell he was happy and loved. Thank you for sharing.

0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 09:06 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie .... I'm glad todays ordeal is over for you. I love you. Get some rest, please. Your body needs it.

((( Izzie )))
JustBrooke

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 09:19 pm
Dutchy, sweetheart......had to come back and wish you a Happy New Year!

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/happynewyear3.gif

And a big ... SMOOCH!

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 09:34 pm
@JustBrooke,
Sweet Babbling Brooklyn - yep thanku - up way too late... going to be now... long dday tomorrow. i love you sista. xxxx
verbivore

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 10:15 pm
@Izzie,
izziee.. ur letter to stacy brought tears..
stacy...maybe i dont "know" the whole situation..but I can "feel" what you are going through..As a new year dawns..brace up..coz for yourself and your loved ones and for kaine you need to move on and to help you..we truly are here.
Its easier said than done i know..but we truly are here for you..and sincere prayers for your family from across the globe
whiteviolet

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 07:18 am
@verbivore,
Stacy and J, so pleased for you the ways things are moving on a little and that hauntingly soulful picture of Kaine has helped me understand even more. What a handsome young man, indeed.

Izzie and the others have expressed my thoughts and wishes for you, too. T x
mismi

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 09:03 am
@whiteviolet,
Tricia - I have enjoyed seeing you here so much! Have missed you posting.

Stacy - so glad you came in to see us. There is no way you could know how your grief was affecting MM. Thankfully he was able to share that with you and you are both helping each other now. I love that. You are both so precious and I can't imagine how raw your feelings are from all of this - Kaine was a beautiful boy - so handsome - and that smile - wow. I am remembering you in thoughts and prayers still. One moment at a time...do the next thing. Hugs to you all.

My Momma and Daddy are coming to see me today. I am straightening and cooking for them so I may or may not be on - depends on how much I procrastinate...I seem to be doing that this morning.

Have a great New Years Eve - I will lift my glass to you all! It will be a new year! All kinds of delcious and exciting possibilities! I just LOVE that!

smooch, smooch
mis
0 Replies

Walter Hinteler

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 09:10 am
I'm just looling througgh some hundreds of letters/postcards my father wrote as POW from France.

Among some other quite interesting stuff I found this birth announcement of my cousin, which might be of special interest for you, Dutchy Wink

http://i42.tinypic.com/xkulv8.jpg

Hoping, you arrived in good condition in 2009 downunder - and Happy New Year to all!
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 10:08 am
Good day all. Wednesday. New Years Eve. Firstly,...
Izzie. I kept, you going to the hospital, in my thoughts yesterday. I am glad you made it through. How in the heck will you top this year?
Annis. Lifting rocks is an exercise to strengthen your back?
Mysteryman, Stacy. May your family gather around each other, and draw the love and support they need, from each other, this new year.
Whiteviolet. Nice to see you occupying your cabin again on the yabberliner. You were missed.
Dutchy. The new years sun has risen down under. Happy new year friend.
Mismi. Enjoy mom and dad, turnip greens, blackeyed peas......corn bread.
ddjj62. Were you able to find miniature champagne flutes for your winged friends. Happy new years my friend.
Justbrooke. Any resolutions? Happy new year buckeye lady.
ehBeth Happy new years to you, set, your mon and dad.....don't know your dogs names....to them too.
devriesj, wandeljw ,steve41, verbivore, deedeexx, Walter Hinteler, and to everyone else ....Happy new years.
Rockhead, JPB...almost forgot. Happy new year, to you folks, and your families.

Now, the list I have to complete before three.... The burgundy wall will have its first guest tonight as four couples arrive for an overnight stay. Wife is in a bit of a panic mode, guests are throwing curve balls. Joy.

Happy new years
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 10:18 am
Happy New Year Fellow Shipmates

gonna be a quiet one for me, on new years day mother is going to the funeral of a friend of hers
as the funeral is in another city and she doesn't like driving in the winter, i'll be acting as chauffeur

Izzie

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:44 am
@djjd62,
Happy New Year Down Under....... BEAgle and Indeedee - we love you...

http://i225.photobucket.com/albums/dd145/tempest-azure/Happy-New-Year.jpg

FQsis is sitting here beside me... Tulip will be coming down soon - and we will toast y'all when we start the New Year!

Lovin' y'all......

xxxx
mismi

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 11:47 am
@Izzie,
((FQ)) ((IZZIE))e
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/20/2024 at 10:12:25