"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 03:45 pm
@lostnsearching,
Doing well thanks lostnsearching. Studies progressing well for you? Unfortunately our Caveman mate has fallen by the wayside but he does keep in contact with me. Smile
Izzie

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 04:21 pm
@Dutchy,
Evening All

Trusting that all our USers are enjoying their Thanksgiving and being with friends and family. Happy Days to you all.

Lost'n'Searching... you've been Lost'n'Found again - it's been months - where ya been???????????????????? Studying hard? Hope all is good in your world.

BEAgle - Indeedee - love you guys - Indeedee, have the best time, HUG BIG... HUGE... so wish I were Down Under with you. xxxx

Vegemite - so glad you and yours are alright ... so glad. Take good care Little One. We're always here for you. x
Dutchy

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 04:52 pm
@Izzie,
Evening Captain, missed you too, how are things in your neck of the woods, weather improving? Busy day ahead, Mrs. Beagle has supplied me with a long lists of do's.......or else. Smile
Your move in 'jinky-pops' isn't?
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 05:07 pm
@Izzie,
Hey captain. Thanks for wishes. Maybe next year you can do a trip "down under". Always a guest room here for you. Hugs back.
Izzie

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 05:29 pm
@deedeexx,
Oh.... I'd love to be there. Very Happy

Hey Indeedee.... do you see how BEAgle is saying it's my turn... I was winning 2150 to 1500..... HA!!!!! and he's claiming it's my go a? a? a? Does that seem a bit like a cop out !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink
deedeexx

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 05:32 pm
@Izzie,
The game does get you in. Missy seems to be enjoying too. Gotta watch the Beagle. Wink
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 06:10 pm
@verbivore,
Verbivore - it was good to see you posting - and good to see you posting about things you feel safe with here. You're a brilliant communicator - I wish you felt more comfortable sharing some of that with people in person.

The way you wrote about your mom - and her cooking - lovely and so evocative. Do write more in this vein. You're good at it.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 27 Nov, 2008 06:54 pm
@Izzie,
Still waiting for your move Captain, I can easily overcome that deficit with some well chosen words, don't try to muster up courage from the other girls, get on with the game! Laughing
solipsister

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 05:42 am
@Dutchy,
OK , so I've been cruising along. This is my one liner.
Dutchy

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 06:56 am
@solipsister,
Welcome on board solipsister, I know you're a literary genius, so make your next post a two or three liner. Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 09:01 am
Good Morning Sweet Folks~
Just wanted to pop in to say I was thinking about you. I hope all is well with you. Glad to see you LNS ! I hope all is well with you.

Verby - I am so sorry about that lonely feeling...It is amazing how memories can do that - but I know how you feel. I hope you know that you are well loved here and you are safe to say all that is in your heart. I am so thankful you and yours are okay...glad you are away from Mumbai...I know it must be a horrible thing to know what is happening there though. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Dutchy! Take care of yourself...hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Beth - hope all is well with you and Set...saw where he was having a bit of difficulty - seems all is better now! I hope.

DeeDee - wishing you well on your trip - take care of yourself and we will be so happy when you get back.

((IZZIE)) as always - no words precious friend.

K - to the rest of the crew- take care of yourselves and I will see you soon!
hugs to all
mis
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 09:58 am
Good Morning EVERYONE!

http://s338.photobucket.com/albums/n430/spicecomments/good_morning/00077.gif

I am about to begin a full day of studying. Yippee! Mr. Green One more week of classes......then a week of exams.......then Christmas break!

Speaking of Christmas.....

It is really bothering me this year. All the people out of work. Lots of little children are not going to get much this year. Some may get nothing. How can they understand the economy? I'm having anyone that I know will be purchasing any kind of a gift for me this year.....to instead, adopt a family in need. The Salvation Army says that they can feed, what is it? Eight or Nine people on one dollar? I don't know how they do it ..... but what a small price to pay, to feed the poor. I guess why I'm talking about this ... is that I thought if everyone just gave a little something, we could make a difference.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving! Also hoping everyone is healthy! There are a lot of bugs going around on campus. Cold and flu and what-not. I guess that's to be expected this time of the year. But still ....

As for me ... I'm doing okie! Not much going on ... except for the same ole' same ole'. Oh .... I did get an Assistanceship offered to me! Pretty stoked about that because it will not only go a long way towards employment when I graduate in 2011 ... it also means that I am now on a 50% tuition reduction! That's about a 50 grand savings when all is said and done. So starting in January, I will be giving up to 20 hours a week towards whatever the Doctors and Professors need me for. Could be teaching a class. Or it could be jobs that they just don't wanna do.....like grading papers! Laughing They can only use me between classes. So it's not really taking up any of free time. I'd be there anyhow. And since I only have 13 credits the 2nd half of this school year ...... it will be easy. Ok...that's enough about me.

Those of you that have braved the long lines in the stores today... GOOD LUCK! Stores opened up around here at 4am this morning. That's just crazy! Although I did wake up at 5 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep....no way would I have went shopping that early!

I had really strange dreams last night. Most of them bad! Not sure what brought that on. Too much turkey? Or somethin' else? Drunk

Anywho ...... Stay happy and healthy and wear lots of smiles, crew!

Much Love! ( I haven't been around much. Forgive me if I've missed something )
xoxox
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 04:14 pm
Howdy folks; oh Brooke, I am glad you missed this…

I went grocery shopping today while not being altogether sure that course of action was a wise one on ‘black Friday’. You see, the previous evening I had prepared and consumed a massive quantity of my patented 'You're definitely going to mess yourself' chilli. Tasty stuff, albeit hot to the point of being painful, which comes with a written guarantee from me that if you eat the next day both of your cheeks will fall off.

Here's the thing. I had awakened this morning, and even after two cups of coffee (and all of you know what I mean) nothing happened. No bowl movement. Despite habanera peppers swimming their way through my intestinal tract, I appeared to be unable to create the usual morning symphony referred to by my next door neighbors as thunder and lightning.

Knowing that a time of reckoning had to come, yet not sure of just when, I bravely set off for the market; a local Wal-Mart grocery store that I often haunt in search of tasty titbits. Upon entering the store at first all seemed normal. I selected a cart and began pushing it about dropping items in for purchase. It wasn't until I was at the opposite end of the store from the restrooms that the pain hit me. Oh, don't look at me like you don't know what I'm talking about.

I'm referring to that 'Uh oh, gotta go' pain that always seems to hit us at the wrong time. The thing is; this pain was different. The habaneras in the chili from the night before was staging a revolt. In a mad rush for freedom they bullied their way through the small intestines, forcing their way into the large intestines, and before I could take one step in the direction of the restrooms which would bring sweet relief, it happened!

The peppers fired a warning shot. There I stood, alone in the spice and baking aisle, suddenly enveloped in a noxious cloud the likes of which has never before been recorded. I was afraid to move for fear that more of this vile odor might escape me. Slowly, oh so slowly, the pressure seemed to leave the lower part of my body and I began to move up the aisle and out of it, just as Missy turned into it. I don't know what made me do it, but I stopped to see what her reaction would be to the malodorous effluvium that refused to dissipate as she walked into it unsuspecting.

Have you ever been torn in two different directions emotionally?

I know I was after I read a delightful poem by our very own L.A.S. (That is Lostandsearching)

The Beauty of the Earth Signifies
The beauty of the earth signifies
The beauty of the day,
That rises through the skies
The beauty of the flowers The roses and dandelions
On which comes the butterflies
The earth that brings happiness
And beauty within every house and home
The Beauty of the earth signifies
The lakes, rivers,
The waves of the ocean
The ebb and flow of the water all around
Brings joy of heart and all this
Thrills and passions
In forests and deserts
Rabbits and lions, birds that fly
The beauty of the earth signifies.

You sure have a way with words...welcome back!

I’ma visitin’ the outlaws in Mobile, should I survive the encounter, I will see ya’ll again soon.

Izzie

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 06:13 pm
@Tryagain,
Evening Crew...

Hope all had a great Thanksgiving.

Good to see new and resident crew aboard. Welcome Slippy! Lost’n’Found... you gone again???

Indeedee " you must be at Mnt. G. now. Hope the sun will shine and you and hubby have a great time away. ENJOY girlie... enjoy every moment. X

(((Bethie 'n Him)))

Vegemite - thinking of you x

Missy " know you will have had a lovely time at MaMa and PaPa’s. Hoping you get to spend time with the rest of your family too and that the boys are well and happy. Hugs to all of them. Love you sweet Dixie. x

Babbling Brooke " there you are girl! Oh.... wishing those exams away for you " tho you will do brill hun. How was Baby Noah’s first Thanksgiving? Hope you were all able to enjoy yourselves. GREAT news about the Assistanceship " it’s another ‘ship’ " of course it’s FAB " but I’m so pleased for you " should make life a little easier for you and they will be lucky to have you onboard. You have so much energy Brooklyn " you’re amazing. I’m glad the term has nearly finished tho and you will get some rest over Christmas. The ‘dreams’.... know that hun, try not to think on them too much OK! Live, laugh, love " you know how much you’re loved " near and far. X

BEAgle... IT’S STILL YOUR TURN... or has the game cyberspacedout.... wanna start another <mutters under breath... I was winning so BIG!!!!!!! Tsk tsk tsk... ho ho ho> Wink

Blue " hope things aren’t too “nippy” after the peppers and that you enjoyed your Thanksgiving. As always Blue - laughter is a smile with the volume turned up with you onboard. Be nice to the in-laws!!!!! xox x Razz

So.... went and saw Tulip today " she’s not been well and F-boy has the icky-lurgy and was proper poorly today. Hopefully they will be feeling better this weekend.

S-boy got ‘nastily’ pushed into a table at school and has the biggest black eye you can possibly imagine and a nasty cut just below his eye which looks like it will scar " he is actually quite chuffed he will have a scar " ACK!!!!! " which has removed some of his freckles " bless <i love his freckles>. A “big” horror-boy at school got into a lot of trouble for bullying him " but S-boy seems to have taken it all in his little stride. For someone so little " he can tolerate a great deal.

So......... I made myself late for work today. I drove S-boy to the school bus and it was the most incredible morning. Frrrrrreeeeeezing cold.... and the sun just rising over the moors. In the valley the mist sits just above the river, and driving through it to the top of the hill is just stunning. So anyways, I got back after dropping him off and grabbed my camera. The dewdrops were frozen today. The grass was crunchy white.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1080661-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1080657.jpg

I sat and watched the dewdrops thaw.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1080672-1.jpg

They looked like baubles on a Christmas Tree " but real, and crystal clear
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1080673-1.jpg

then got in the car and drove up the hill, went and sat on verra cold metal 5-bar and took some pics. It was soooooooooo quiet. Here’s a glimpse of what it looked like, very peaceful " kinda clears my head when it’s spinning " just before the sun was rising...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1080688-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1080689-1.jpg

a black and white world...with shades of grey

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1080700-1.jpg

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1080704-1.jpg

And then the sun came up...so off to work.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1080698-1.jpg

Tonite, it is freezing again... the stars are incredibly bright. I saw one shoot. I wished.

Wherever, whatever - be safe crew, take care and have fun.

Lovin y’all " have happy weekends x

<whistles and pings our Dev........>

Dutchy

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 02:33 am
@Izzie,
Hi all, quiet Saturday allround, at home and on the threads. Beautiful photographs Captain, as always you capture those special moments.

Likewise a big plug for tryagain for yet surprising us with a heart rendering poem and story, no wonder they call him the new John Steinbeck.

Brooke proud of your performance sofar, you're a very dedicated lady, do enjoy that well deserved Christmas break won't you.

Best wishes to Tulip, missing your gossip, feel well soon.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

DDXX heading my way, looking forward meeting this lady next week even though she beat the pants of me in 'jinky-pop'. Smile
Izzie

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 08:52 am
@Dutchy,
Hey BEAgle... did we yabber for 2 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HECK!!!!! You talk as much nonsense as me. You'n yer sprinkling of dewdrops - HA!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA ..... what's 800points between mates!

I'm still frozen - going to have to brave the minus conditions and try and get some logs from the pile outside.... ackkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk....

looking forward to having doors and windows, that keep the heating in, fitted next Friday and Saturday.

Sleep well - and will be thinking of you n MrsB tomorrow. xxxx
alex240101

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 09:18 am
Hello Izzie. Hello crew. Saturday. Checking in. Survived Thanksgiving. Still trying to stand on the hands of time. Some family comes in today from out of town. It has been a while. I'm excited.
Izzie, the room with the one wall, looks fantastic. Better than fantastic. I would of never thought.
Good day.
JustBrooke

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 01:52 pm
Noah says ....

Just GREAT! Must be another holiday. Look what they're makin' me wear. And NO ... I'm not gonna smile and I'm not gonna even look at you till you take this silly hat off my head!

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/NoahThanksgiving1.jpg

Have a great day, all!!!
xoxo

Dutchy

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 02:42 pm
@Izzie,
Morning all, I thought we had a most intelligent conversation Izzie, afterall wasn't it all about 'jinky-pop'? Can't stop bragging can you, just because I had a lapse of concentration doesn't give you 800 reasons to make this conversation public. Embarrassed Embarrassed

Hi Brooke, my goodness how little Noah has grown, so happy for you and yours that everything appears to be going well.

Great Sunday coming up, catch you all later.
mismi

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 03:31 pm
@JustBrooke,
Brooke - he is adorable...well you have to do things like that to the children. What memories would you have if you didn't? We have been rehashing all of our memories all weekend...so much fun! I love pestering my 6ft 6in brother!

Just peeking in again...Iron Bowl is on...have to get back to it!

Hugs to all!
smooches
missy

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.17 seconds on 05/03/2024 at 02:20:33