"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:15 pm
Hi Brooke and Alex, good to meet up again, hope things are looking up for you Brooke, you're in my thoughts.

Thanks for e-mail Izzie, great to hear you're doing fine, keep up the good work.

Mismi where are you, still rubbing them walls down, can't see you for the dust. Vibes to you to my friend. Smile
JPB

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:22 pm
@JustBrooke,
OHHHH my, look at him!!!!!

Wow, those pictures take my breath away, brooke.

Glad you found us, glad you're well - yes, yay you!

Man, I'm awestruck by that little Noah.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:36 pm
@JustBrooke,
Noah looks good, Brooke. Thanks for the photos.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 06:59 pm
@Dutchy,
I finished Dutchy....you would not believe how white I was when I finished. I even had it up my nose (I had a hanky tied around my face - the boys said I looked like a robber) All over the floor - and that dust went under the door and managed to get all over everything...but I am done. Now, I will get to paint it and put up my new shower curtain and decorate it. The fun part that is to say. Whew...thank you sweet friend.

I do love that baby - he is gorgeous.

JPB...be careful...have fun! Can't wait to hear how it goes...

I am calling it a night..
hugs to all...
missy
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 07:06 pm
@mismi,
hey mismi, been up to this and that, still have tons of pics from vacation but my hosting site is in the midst of an ovehaul so i'm slow to get them edited and up, hopefully this weekend
deedeexx

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 08:35 pm
@djjd62,
Hi guys, this new site is very confusing to me. I think I prefer the old one better. Anyhow hi to all and I see beautiful baby photos. Just gorgeous Brooke. Hope mum is doing okay.
devriesj

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 08:45 pm
@deedeexx,
Hi all. DeeDee, good to see ya, gal.
Oh, Brooke-y, It's so good to see you too! Thanks for the beautiful pics of baby Noah! He and the fam are still in my thoughts and prayers. How are you doing? And how is everyone else? This is gonna take some getting used to, huh?
Mis-, hubby was just sanding drywall today, as a matter of fact. Now I know what he will look like with white hair (that is, if he has any left when he gets old - that's a crap shoot!)
Hey, where are those emoticons?
Hugs to all!
deedeexx

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 08:51 pm
@devriesj,
Hi Dev, yeah good question about emoticons - rely on them a lot. Still trying to work out avatar.
devriesj

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 08:56 pm
@deedeexx,
Did you go to the gravatar website? It's where they're hosting a2k avi's. It's really easy from there.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 08:57 pm
@deedeexx,
Not to feed the emoticon monster, but...

Just above the text box is the BB code editor thingymajigger...

click on that, and all the smiley monsters are there, with a couple new friends... Rolling Eyes

(sorry A2K...)
devriesj

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 09:01 pm
@Rockhead,
Thanks, Rock-y! Very Happy
Hey, DeeDee, in case you need it, here's the sight for the avatars:
http://en.gravatar.com/
If you need help, just post. We'll help you work it out.
Here's the thread about the avi's & how to work it out too:
http://able2know.org/topic/120899-1

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 09:06 pm
Gosh, here's everyone. I was getting a bit tired of treading water, wondering when the ship was gonna come by ... or a dinghy ... or a canoe.

Brooke, thank you for posting those photos of Noah. He's a lovely fellow.

Good luck with the bugs for the travellers Shocked
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 10:06 pm
Hi guys, slowly but surely the crew is finding its way back to the ship, great to see the familar faces. Find it difficult though to find the last post on a thread, keep getting my own and then have to scroll on, or am I doing something wrong?
deedeexx

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 10:45 pm
@Dutchy,
Ditto with that Dutchy. Thanks Rocky for emoticons hint. Hey Dev, tried that sight but it kept giving me error signals. Will persist tho. And do we have to keep logging on every time we post?????
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 12:56 am
@Dutchy,
How do you go straight to "Yabber-Liner" without going thru my posts?
Dutchy

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 02:42 am
@deedeexx,
I haven't found a way yet but at present feel very frustrated in finding the end of a thread where I want to post to, scrolling through pages and pages to find what you want is no fun! Previously the last post was at your fingertips. no longer the case now, unless I'm going wrong somewhere???? Confused Confused
mismi

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 04:54 am
@Dutchy,
Hey Dutchy - I do that too...I just click the number of the last page then grab the side bar and go to the end...it is not too inconvenient. It will get easier...it was another step at first...but I don't even notice I am doing it anymore. There may even be a better way. That is what I am finding. The more I piddle around the more I see and actually - it works better. I like it. It seems to big and open to me compared to the old A2k...That is a good thing. We will all get used to it...Dont' give up!

Beth - what a cute gravatar...love that little face..you too Dev. Make sure your husband wears a mask please...I coughed all night long. yuck...Okay...I have to go get a shower before I get the kids up today is my day to take my friend to her PT. And we are having friends over for game night...if you see me on here today you need to shoo me away. I have much too much to do to piddle around like I love to do.

dj...good to see you. Can't wait to see your pics...okay. I am off.
hugs - kisses
missy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 05:50 am
@Dutchy,
Mornin' folks. Big day today but I thought I'd drop by for a stroll on deck as I sip my morning coffee.

Quick tip on finding the last post. There is a last post timestamp in the thread heading (very far right of the second line) on the thread index page. Click on that timestamp and it will take you directly to the last post. You can scroll back a couple pages from there.

Also, a quick way to find the ship and other threads from the old trivia forum is to click on the "trivia and word games" tag in the Popular tag window of the home page. The current sort of those tags makes finding it a bit of a search but CdK indicated that list would eventually be sorted alphabetically. It's currently about 1/3 the way down the list.

Another way is to set your thread sort on the home page to All Time for topic age (top of the thread listings) and then New Posts for Sorted by at the right. We tend to be pretty active here so the Yabber-liner should appear in the first page or two.
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 06:15 am
@Dutchy,
"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD
Discussion by Izzie on 02/11/08 5:16 AM
Replies: 8,017 Views: 89,893 Last Post: 08/14/08 11:50 PM

when you see the thread, click on the area marked in bold, it will take you to the last post in that thread, they've basically replaced the name of the poster with a time stamp
djjd62

Reply Fri 15 Aug, 2008 06:22 am
on the main page there is a "Sort By" button
i set my default to this - Sort By: New Posts GO

placing any threads with new posts to the top of the line

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:55:06