"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

deedeexx

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:48 pm
Good morning all - wow - so many ups and downs in a few posts. Try - you put me into a coughing fit laughing so much, you nut! Sorry about your friend Missy having to go back on chemo. Hi to Verby and Black Tulip - yes I enjoyed "Fastest Indian" too. My hubby has been a bit of a bike freak over the years - we have had Harley Davidsons (male menopause years), Ducati, BMWs. Thank heavens he has now sold them all ( I got sick of "helmet hair" at restaurants) I really don't think roads are that bike friendly. Thanks Rocky for Izzie updates and of course welcome back to Dutchy. Hope you enjoyed your time away. Hope you bought back photos. BTW - did you find out where you sent the jinky to?

Hey Dev - keep hanging in there.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 04:53 pm
Izzie wrote:
BLUE - laughing babe - pop over, I have tweezers!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

That makes my eyes water...really hair removal is like an ancient form of torture. Personally I use the sugaring method - that way - it just washes off...but it still hurts like hell.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h83/argentina_beauty/nads.jpg

Hey DeeDee...how do you feel hun?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 05:23 pm
Apparently our brave captain is navigating to the lake solo...

Even with frequent stops along the way, we should be hearing from her shortly. It's about a three hour run normally...

braiding hair till then...

Rock
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 05:27 pm
Hey Missy - yeah not too bad, this was one nasty bug. I think it will still take another week to get rid of completely just hoping itwon't spark of my asthma again. Fingers crossed. Does your little fella do a whole day yet at school? They usually break the littlies in with half days for a start here for a few weeks. What are you going to do with yourself?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 05:35 pm
I am glad you are better and glad to hear you are taking it slow...doing too much too soon generally just makes you relapse.

G-baby is at school all day. Has been since Thursday. I wish it were half days...but that is not how they do it here. He seems to like it. Comes home a little tired but the twins did too. Once they were there for a couple of weeks it got better. I just make sure I feed them early and get them to bed on time.

I am cleaning the house and redoing the bathroom, cleaning closets, helping friends without worrying where to put my kids and I don't get interrupted 50 times while doing a chore. Pretty nice actually. But I do miss them. When they come home I have just been sitting on the couch holding G-baby as long as he will let me and then trying to get my big boys to sit with me and tell me about their day...hah! Doesn't work so well...

I have to go feed them now and get them bathed...they smell just like my doggies right now! :wink:

hugs,
missy
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 05:36 pm
Thanks for the update Rock...glad she is taking it slow...will check in later... :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 06:25 pm
I can just see and smell Mismi's place right now.

Lotsa love there.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 12 Aug, 2008 10:33 pm
ehBeth...I hope it does...I certainly want it to...You say the nicest things. Thank you. (smile)
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 03:17 am
Hi Crew

Glad Izzie is ok and your all looking out for her.

Deedee, glad your feeling a bit better. Yeah my husband had a Triumph actually 2 Triumph one a retro and the other a really old vintage one. I went out with a chap some years ago who had Triumphs and the sound is just so great.

Mismi, sorry to hear about your friend things are sent to try us and we must do the best we can and give support.

Eagle how ya doing?

RH we have no sun and it is rain, rain and wind! Lets hope the weekend gets better.
X
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 04:25 am
Hi Black tulip, nice to see you again, hope all is well with you. Waiting for word from the Captain, hope she isn't lost. Have been away like you and enjoyed my trip to my son and family.
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 06:02 am
I was here before the PC with moist eyes..trying to vent it off..the loneliness..and th jobless situation..wen i just went a few pages back and read Try's post Smile))) tht reallly made me laugh!! I pity Dutchy though ..how couldve he suppressed his laughter for so long Wink

Well..its nagging still..the failure..the main issue is..i dunno much people here..and the nxt im insistent in getting into an Ad agency as a copywriter..wit such lill exp and nt a gr8 portfolio..im finding it tough..

Missing Mumbai..there any person would find a job..well any person would find anything!

Black tulip, Mismi, I was touched by urs asking me abt ma situation nw..somehow the loneliness seemed to have gt into my head too much..theres hardly neone I talk to here!
ooo no there i go again! i gues i shud go back to try's post again for a few smiles ..

iziee dearie..th day i get net connection at home i wana ..blabber on and on wit ye..
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 06:09 am
Dear VBV - you always have friends here. I hope you can get that internet connection soon. I know it must be hard to be somewhere where you don't know anyone. I do hope you find a job that you love soon. Yeah...keep reading Try's stuff...he is pretty funny - so full of it! The ass :wink: (hugs for Try).

Take care of yourself sweety...we will see you next time you are here.

Dutchy whatcha up to today?

Izzie - I am thinking of you. Praying you are doing well.

JPB...you are home now I have heard...hope you had a great time. Will be so glad to see you back! Missed you!

Brooke, my thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family. I pray Noah is getting stronger every day. Hugs hun.

Okay... I have to run this huge Gingerbread Man I made to the school. They are reading that story today in G-baby's class. I forgot I was supposed to make it until 12 stinkin' o'clock AM. Zombie Mom. Argh.

hugs and kisses..

see you all later
mis
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 06:31 am
Hi verbivore and mismi, love reading your posts, so natural and straight from the heart. Keep your spirits up verbivore we're always here for you, once you get your internet connection, you can chat to all the girls here and you need no longer be lonely!

Verbivore I can't comment on try's tribulations or I get myself into further trouble with him. Can tell you though he is a bit of a whimp. Laughing

Mismi all I've done today is unpacking, clearing my mail, and did some shopping for my wife. Tonight I'm relaxing and watching some of the Olympic Games replays. Very impressed by your superfish Phelps, what a champion. Hugs to you too.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 06:49 am
Checking in and catching up.

Hey to missi. Yep, we got back yesterday afternoon. Gramma is doing well, although she misses Grandpa tremendously. M was able to drive to and from the IL/Iowa border giving her six hours of practice and the rest of us white knuckles and gray hair. The five-to-six hours each way on Iowa roads are a continuous blur of corn tassels, only occasionally interrupted by soybeans. The contrast between the hustle and bustle of Chicago vs the quiet and solitude of rural Iowa is amazing.

verbivore - I'm sorry you are still struggling to get settled. Come here and chat as often as you can. You'll find friends here whether you're tearing up, giggling at the goofiness, or anything in between.

dev - it looks like that roller coaster is still whirling, eh? The highs and the lows are both to be expected. The thing about roller coasters is that they scare the hell out of you while you're on the ride but you feel oh so exhilarated when the damn thing finally stops and you step out with a smile on your face.

Tulip - it's good to see you posting again. I'll add my wishes for a lovely weekend coming your way.

No news from the captain yet which I take as good news. Rock and/or I will probably hear from her by tomorrow as we make final arrangements on meeting back in Tulsa on Friday and our drive up to central Kansas. I hear the wheat fields of Kansas will put Iowa's corn fields to shame. To say I'm looking forward to this weekend is the understatement of the century.

deedee - I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I hope you can take it slow and easy until you get your strength back.

brooke - continued thoughts coming your way. Hugs coming at you whenever you need one.

FQ, bethie, try, dutchy, bigred, whiteviolet and the rest of the crew - I hope today brings sunshine to one and all.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 08:36 am
Good morning boys and girls (gender listing alphabetical) its whimsy whimpy here; it gladdens my heart to see that my tribulations should be the cause of such merriment.

However, as it has been over 24 hours since we heard from Lzzie, it is pretty clear that she has by now become the bride of BIGfoot. Here is the latest press report:

Bigfoot Roaming the Wilds with a Child?

© Weekly World News - August 13 2008

Arkansas USA - Excited researchers are combing the wilds in response to recent sightings of Bigfoot accompanied by a blond-haired British woman and a boy!

More than two-dozen people claim to have seen the woman and human youngster dressed in animal skins loping along beside the towering man beast.

Investigators speculate that the mystery brit may be the intrepid pioneering explorer Lzzie - King Kong quizzed!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 09:16 am
Yummy...towering man beast. Sounds like quite the adventure :wink:
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 10:17 am
I wonder if bigred remembers this discussion he had with Gus:

bigredsshop wrote:
Hey Gus have you seen bigfoot on your travels through the swamp Question

gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Yes. Yes I have.

I call him Big Red.
0 Replies

Black tulip

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 11:03 am
Verbivore I know what it is like to be in a place that you don't know anyone and to feel alone, you are not alone when you are here with us and that damn internet is a pain. I felt so lost with out mine.

When I lived in Germany I didn't know anyone or was able to speak the language. Ok I was learning it but I couldn't easily express how I felt to anyone, that is if there was anyone to express it to! Try writing those feelings down in a book, or on a PC, anywhere. I also did a lot of swimming and walking to get my anger and frustration out, although that doesn't help me much now. But remember we are but a few buttons away. Keep safe.

JPB good to hear from you hope you are well.

Dutchy you'll need a rest after that travelling, I can't seem to get rested since coming back, just feel tired all the time and I have so much to do.

Mismi, a gingerbread man yummy I love gingerbread, I hope they appreciated it and ate it all up!

Well the rain has eventually stopped for a bit and have managed to get the washing out to dry for a bit, not sure how long for though.

Have played Simpson's Life with the kids and kept forgetting where I was, but I still won the game!

I have decided I need a career change and am applying for a course at a college to study Complementary Therapies - it covers holistic massage, reflexology and aromatherapy as well as Biology and Physiology. It will mean me attending 2 days a week at college and if my job will not allow me to reduce hours accordingly I will go work in a care home for a while if necessary! Well have sent the application form in and see what happens, it doesn't start until March '09 so have some time before then.

Now did someone mention Big foot? Well will keep my ears open for 2 captives running wild in the outback! Izzie have fun and take care girl.

X
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 13 Aug, 2008 01:21 pm
Hi, all. Been readin' the yabberin', just not doing much of it myself.
Just wanna say good luck to ya, Tulip. Nothin' like a new venture.

(((verb-))) I hope your loneliness is lessened just a little bit knowing that we are here any time.

Yep, still ridin' that roller coaster, JP. Feels more like a sloth! The progress can be so slow moving for me that the process is frustrating. Oh, well. I'm only human. Unfortunately I expect way too much from myself - and therein lies the rub!

Hugs & hellos all around. Still on Izzie watch, and 'Brooke-watch', for that matter. Where has our girlie gone? I'm gonna assume she's busy and send love her way, and to all of you.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 14 Aug, 2008 04:50 am
If anyone ever finds this message; I just wanna say I love ya’ll, good health and good luck… Wink

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 10:42:57