"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Izzie

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 01:02 am
Hey Dev - have a lie in hunni - will talk tomorrow. xox x

Went to the birthday party tonite - met some lovely folk and yabbered for a while with some good Texans. Gosh - beautiful houses and pools... such a different lifestyle.

Well, as we were sitting there round the fire... yep... round the FIRE!, the house adjoins the golf course - and lo and behold, all of a sudden, a car drives past up the fairway Shocked well I never!!!!!!!!! What with golf balls in the pool and driving up the fairway without a Big Bertha - well, it's a funny 'ole place this Razz

Have been sitting for a while trying to plan our trip next week - I SO NEED MORE TIME - so many places I want to visit. If my toots were doing better I would be able to drive more - but realistically I'm not gonna be able to go to all the State Parks I wish to - so, just gonna have to return again sometime a? Oh... if only Rolling Eyes

Little fella is exhausted - he's laying beside me right now - soundo. He swam til near midnite. Kel and the kids leave for Tahoe in the morning - so I think we may go into Dallas and have a look see there. (not driving in cities... Bubba can do that! Embarrassed )

Signing off for the nite now - lovin y'all and wishing everyone a fab weekend. xox
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 05:35 am
devriesj wrote:
Hey-ho! Back from monster's. It was what it was. Watched Olympic opening ceremonies. Anyone catch it? Phenomenally spectacular show that!

It was amazing. They put so much thought into it. They are a very visual people aren't they? So creative and smart...the boys LOVED that massive LED TV on the ground. I was amazed by the lights and the dancers on the world...took me a while to figure out how they were doing it. duh. Couldn't see the lines.

Take care Dev... :wink: - hugs hun.

Izzie...skeeters are a pain. So sorry you are having to deal with them. They are just a way of life down south. Probably up north too...wretched little creatures. Please take care of yourself hun. Rest, rest, rest..please :wink:

Well, G-baby is doing great. He is neither impressed nor displeased with school. So I can't ask for more than that I guess. The twins say their teacher is very strict. She already punched someone's card (get three punches and a letter goes home) AND it was on the first day. She IS strict. I like her immensely.

I have gotten three rooms totally clean. I mean closets, drawers and all...it has not happened since I had babies. Fun, fun, fun. Feels good.

Family day...may be going to the pool if the weather holds...although I haven't been able to think of a pool lately without thinking of S and his find! Laughing blah! poor fella. :wink:
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 07:25 am
Hello sweet folks, I have just returned home and gotta crash before the sun rises any higher...

May I take this brief opportunity to wish you all a most enjoyable weekend because most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.

Who mentioned hope? - Hope springs exulting on triumphant wing.
- Robert Burns, Cotter's Saturday Night (st. 16)

Hope! thou nurse of young desire.
- Isaac Bickerstaffe - Love in a Village (act I, sc. 1, l. 1)

Mismi: Children are marvelously and intuitively correct physiognomists. The youngest of them exhibit this trait.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 11:51 am
Hey sweet Blue...

Know then, whatever cheerful and serene
Supports the mind, supports the body too:
Hence, the most vital movement mortals feel
Is hope, the balm and lifeblood of the soul.
- John Armstrong (bk. IV, l. 310)

and following on from the Scottish poet....

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS..... Arrow

guess what.... I pushed another button on the laptop!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked

ALL CHANGE.

So... NOW... am heading off a little earlier and going to a beautiful place... quite aptly named methinks... Devil's Den State Park in Arkansas. Stunning. How happy is that? There is so much to see and do, and not enough time - but I need to see this place. Who knows when we get the chance again - so - have booked a little cabin there too and will then go onto Beaver Lake for a couple nites. (my credit card company is cheering and clapping! Confused )

Don't anyone worry - right! We will be fine. Little fella knows what to do if I run into problems - but that's not going to happen so we will be coco Razz

(ooooooooooooooooooooh these places are gorgeous!)
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 12:59 pm
Izzie..you are such an adventurer. Me, not so much anymore. Homebody - truly. Hope you all are having a good time...

hiya Try...hope you are well - good to see you as always! :wink:

Where's Dev today? Hope you are well hun...

all of you - take care of yourselves...

big hugs to you all...I just wanted to stop by to see how everyone was...is - :wink:

kiss, kiss
see you later
mis
0 Replies

FlavourQueen

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 01:39 pm
Hey Mis - I am here - just finished my packing for my hols tomorrow - how exciting!!!!! No work for 2 weeks - life with hubby and kids - drinking margeritas by the pool!!!

Glad all is OK with baby boy and that he has taken school in his stride - they are so incredibly adaptable!!

Izzie - Go for it girl! - What is money when you have a whole world out there to see - I love you sweetheart - will try to send you a text tomorrow night when I arrive - will have personal mobile with me babe if you need us!

Dev - hang in there girlie and whatever doesn't get done re Chores, will wait - just get the rest and relaxation you need.

Rest of the crew - will check in after my hols unless I can get on line before then

Sail safely and will post photoswhen Iam back ( if I learn how!!!)

Take care guys
FQ

WV - Thinking of you xx
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 01:41 pm
Have a wonderful time FQ! It sounds lovely...I know you will all have a blast...can't wait to hear. Take care!

Thoughts are with you too W.V., hugs to you hun.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 07:46 pm
Hi crew, just to let you know Eagle is still around but nearing the end of his vacation, two more days and we'll be flying home. Weather hasn't been to kind to us but dining out made up for that. Smile

Captain great to read about your next steps, how adventurous and courageous you are, you are the new Christopher Columbus of the modern era, very proud of you! Hope you will find peace, beauty and serenity. Give your little assistant a pat on the back he deserves it. Travel safe and take care.

F/Q I trust your holiday in the US will be everything you're hoping for and more, truly enjoy every moment you really deserve it after all your hard work.

Mismi glad to see you full of spirits once again, your house must be spotless after all the effort you put in, pleased to know son is so much better, no doubt a great worry of your mind.

Welcome back tryagain, back home again after wandering far and wide but still finding the occasional minute to spin your homemade wisdom, you are an incredible guy.

Well ALL my hearties, wishing you a great Sunday from downunder, hugs to everybody.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 07:55 pm
SIS - have a fab flight - love you so much - how funny for us both to be on US soil. We now gotta do Thelma and Louise on Ozzie soil. Razz Hugs hugs hugs. Safe trip sis - love you.

BEAgle - we have been missing you heaps - how are the family? How was the fishing? You'll be back just as I go offline hun - email me and I'll try at least to find somewhere to pick up my email. Huge hugs and kisses hun. x

WytVi - how did the letter go? How are you feeling. We're all thinking of you - jump aboard when you can girl - we'll try and get together in the UK soon and sit and drink tea, right! xox

Missy - how was you day? Have you plans for Sunday or are you gonna take it easy tomorrow. Hope the boys and the Professor are all well darlin' girl. x

Smooches all xox xxxx
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 09:09 pm
Hi all. Boppin' in after a busy day. Just came home from seeing some friends in hospital and their new bundle of joy. Ah, babies. I just love 'em! But it's late and I SHOULD turn in... We'll see.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 09:40 pm
Hey Dev - glad today was coco - hope you get a good sleep tonite girlie.

Little fella left 15 mins ago to go to a DRIVE IN MOVIE with the Bubba. He was so excited. He'll fall asleep - but hey, he's so happy.

Razz
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 9 Aug, 2008 09:58 pm
I'm gonna try. I actually feel tired so I'm gonna head to bed. Glad little guy is having fun! G'night!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 12:13 am
Think everyone's gone to bed...

Little fella loved the movie and didn't fall asleep - but is soundo beside me now. Bless.

Guess I oughta go to bed too.

Smooches all xox x
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 05:29 am
Hope you slept well Izzie...

Dev - I love me some babies too...would have had more, except they get hard once they start talking and walking. You have to be so consistent and teach discipline...and I do not like that. But OH those babies...could just eat them up. At Church I go and snag someones and just get my baby fix for a while...I can see why being a grandma is so appealing...hand them over when you get tired...pretty nice.

Yesterday was a great day. It was restful and yet I got some things done. Can you tell I am a person that thives on accomplishments? I don't know that that is a good thing...I can be a pain in the ass sometimes so I need to chill a bit -

I bought the Professor a Video Jeopardy game for Christmas last year...and we finally set it up last night. Talk about fun...I am competitive though and he beat my socks off so I was in a bit of a funk for a while. I swear my clicker wasn't working right. It had nothing to do with my slower reflexes...OR not knowing the answer...that usually is not a problem...since I know everything............. :wink: Razz

Dutchy - I know you are probably a bit sad the vacation is ending. Bit of a let down feeling probably - but it will be good to have you back. Things do seem to be back to normal here and I am glad of it. Thank you sweet man! hugs to you!

Okey doke..off to fix breakfast...I hope you all have a wonderful day. I will talk to you soon...

hugs!
mis
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 07:24 am
Morning Crew - wishing everyone a great Sunday Smile

mmmmmmmmmmm decisions - Smile what to do. Had a few hours sleep and woke early - now...do I leave a little earlier and head out first thing in the morning...24 hours - you can do a lot in 24 hours.

Thinking.... be back shortly. Confused
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 09:02 am
K - well, there's throwing caution to the wind.... and being sensible.... and for once - am going with sensible. (oooooooooooh - sensible's not so much fun - but it's too expensive to change plans). So - now just setting off 24 hours ahead of time - which will be coco! Smile ) Sorted.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 05:03 pm
Hey hey...

Went into Dallas today and took some pics of buildings... put them on a different thread so this one doesn't clog up ...click here ... but it's just buildings - not everyones cuppa tea - just mine.

Anyhoo..

WHAT IS THIS??????? Handsome little bird methinks.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1040527.jpg

we thought it was a Cardinal.... but now we dont! Shocked

Any clues - (will post for Boida to have a look see)

This guy had the right idealazing around - it was soooooooooooooo hot today - couldn't walk around much coz my ankle decided to collapse when I got out the car Rolling Eyes

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1040619.jpg

Went to this amazing place called "Hook Line and Sinker" for lunch and had catfish fillets - this place was kinda 'spit and sawdust' in appearance - and the food was fab - similar to Louisiana - playing the Blues and Jazz - it was so brill. Love those sort of places - so much character and full of characters!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1040612.jpg

Little fella has been looking after the giant kitty...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1040488.jpg

and avoiding these sorta bugs, which he cannot tolerate

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1040484.jpg

Texas mammoth moths!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lovely.

So, having a wee rest now - it was VERY hot downtown....... ooooh....... will need to stay out of the heat in Arkansas during the "HOT" hours.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Razz

(Indeedee - where are you hun....worrying for you now - hoping you have gone off on a break somewhere nice and that all is k with you) x
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 06:15 pm
Oops! Just posted on your Dallas thread & realized the pic of the birdie is here! Anyhoo ... I was curious too, so I googled & asked about. Seems that it might be a cardinal after all, not for sure just yet. Still checkin', cuz I'm curioius.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 07:04 pm
That is definitely a cardinal. Pretty little red bird. Izzie - your pictures are amazing...beautiful - great eye sister!

I have been playing Jeopardy with The Prof again...kicked my tookus..again. Ticks me off. :wink:

Anyway...We are about to settle down to watch a movie.

See you all tomorrow - hugs to you all
missy
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Sun 10 Aug, 2008 07:12 pm
Good morning all. Wow - I am suffering - Got hit by a flu bug last Thursday and still can't surface. Nasty, nasty. Can't believe how hard and fast it hit. Just hope the oldies and littlies don't catch it so virtually in quarantine. Haven't felt like doing anything but slowly catching up on the posts. Izzieliz looks like you are having a great time - it seems to be going so fast. Aw Missy - last little one to school huh. That takes me back. Floating round the house cleaning everything in sight. That only lasts so long. Hi to dev - how you doing? Don't know who else is out there but hi to all and hope you all are doing fine. Take me a while to catch up on all the news. Great photos Izzieliz. (BTW - took a peek in mama goose's nest - three huge eggs)!!! Catch you all later.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 11:53:51