"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

FlavourQueen

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 08:54 am
Hey Iz Miz and Dutchy
Guess everyone is feeling despondent waiting for news on Brooke. Just got on board to see if there was any news. Let's hope and pray it is good.
Hope you are all ok and having a great day. I am in the Yorkshire dales looking at stunning scenery in the sunshine x
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:08 am
Hi all. Still on prayer watch. Will continue to monitor from here. Hope you all are well.
0 Replies

whiteviolet

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:11 am
Hi, yes we are all subdued and waiting for news. How are you, Dev? Did you sleep any better? I do hope so.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 09:48 am
Yeah, I'm sleeping a bit better, thanks for asking.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:13 pm
Hey crew...

I imagine that all hands on are on deck in Brooke's world - so, we'll keep the ship sailing in her direction - and be here for her when she is able to jump aboard. I know we are all thinking of her, Kim and the family, hoping and praying. We're steering for O-hi-O with all our crew and sending all our love to her.

It's been a busy day at Chez Izzie - and the next few days are going to be the same. The weather is beautiful and the big bugs and little frogs are in abundance. The babbling brook at the bottom of the garden is quiet and twinkling with the sun on it. The little fella and I had to head into the city today and hand my laptop over to strangers in a big shop. However, they did understand that I needed it to travel to the US - and have provided me a new one - on loan - for the duration. They do not know if it is possible to retrieve the data and as it will not fire up at all - I will just need to wait and see. I know all of this is not so important in the bigger picture... I do know that our crew are all here checking in so... I will talk to y'all.

Another thing - I made a big step today. I bought my first pair of shoes since surgery. I sat down in the shop and the little fella brought me shoes (trainers) he liked... and I tried them on. I got one pair. I actually like them which is a bonus. I also got a pair of sandals.... they have a half inch heel! This is a very big bonus.

Oh... Tulips on the phone - need to dash... back in a mo x
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:22 pm
OK - I need to go up to Tulips so will be back a bit later.

Crew - whilst we keep our thoughts and prayers with Brooke - know that we need to keep strong for her and the family. Dev - I'm glad you slept a little better hunni - thinking of you too and we know you are not 100% right now - we're here for you...et al.

Missy - how is your day sister? Hugging you too darlin' girl xox

Brooke - love you - angels in hand xx
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:25 pm
Still thinking of Brooke and Kim and babes. xxoo

Dev you too hun.

Hello Izzie dear...we are actually good. Long day...lots of fussing. This is why we like to GO places. They do much better. I am about to make them all go lay in their beds...man...I miss nap time.

hugs to you and all the crew!
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 12:26 pm
Glad to hear about the new shoes and sorry to hear about the computer. Glad you got a loaner.
Feels like we are all on pins and needles, doesn't it? Our big virtual family is all in the waiting room with Brooke's. Praying for a good outcome.

Hi, mis-! We just crossed posts. Here's to nap time! I miss it too!
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:38 pm
We lost Nathan. Though I think the little guy put up a fight. We each got to hold him for as long as we needed to. Not sure if that brings closure or not. I just know it was the hardest thing I've done since I held my own child like that. He's so tiny. Cause of death was listed as a blood clot and also extreme IUGR. He weighed 2 pounds. The blood clot was in the umbilical cord. They are saying the clot came from his little body and not Kims, so even if he had been born alive, he likely would have died then.

Noah is in NICU. He weighs 4 pounds 10 ounces. He has some breathing problems and will be in NICU till they get him through that. Some concern with a hole in his heart in the lower chamber. Small holes can grow shut on their own sometimes.. Too early to know for sure what course of action to take if any right now on that. He's beautiful. Has an awful lot of blonde hair on that tiny head of his.

Kim is taking this very hard. She's still in shock. How does any mother react though. Her and I are the only ones in my family to have gone through this.. I know her pain. I just dont know how to help. or even if I can rightnow.

There's just a numbness. Hard to feel anything right now. The world seems like one big fog. If you could have just seen how beautifl he was. Angelic little face and tiny little fingers and toes. Just so tiny. but so beautiful

I'll be back when I can think a little straighter.

Thank you for the prayers. For the support. And for your love.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:41 pm
Brooke - my heart goes out to you and your family. There are no words that will make this feel any better hun - just know that we are all here for you when you need us. I'm so truly sorry for your family's loss. x
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:45 pm
That is sad news, Brooke.

What can you do? Love them all. It is the only thing and the best thing.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:45 pm
There are no appropriate words coming to me so I'll just say that my thoughts and prayers continue your way and towards your family.

((((( Brooke )))))

Take special care of yourself, Brooke. We're here for you when you're ready.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 01:52 pm
Same here Brooke. Hugs and my thoughts and prayers to you all. So very sad for your loss.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 02:04 pm
Brooke -

Again... there are no words to express the condolences for Nathan - he did fight and Kim did everything right - as did all the family. Nature can twist and turn - bringing you immense joy on the birth of Noah - and unimaginable sadness on the loss of beautiful Nathan. It must be so hard to try and balance those emotions. It must be impossible - for you and all the family.

Kim will be in shock - and you are reliving your shock and memories of what you have gone through as well as the loss of your nephew. You will find a way to get the strength you need to help your sister through this - and we will be here for you to help in any way we can.

Noah is a blessing and has been born into a family so full of love. He will be loved and cherished so much, by you all. Nathan will be in your heart too and there he will remain with you. Thoughts and prayers to Noah too as he fights in NICU, as well as arms wrapped around you all.

We love you. x
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 02:06 pm
Crying or Very sad (((((((((( Brooklyn & Family ))))))))))
0 Replies

whiteviolet

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 02:19 pm
Brooke, so, so sorry. I hope you know the beautiful modern hymn, "Be still and know that I am with you...". I'm dealing with a very critical situation here myself tonight with a close friend in great need so can't stay but know we will long remember these few days. Love to all xxx
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 02:37 pm
Oh, Brooke. I'm so very sorry. I have no words. Know that you are in my heart, my thoughts, my prayers. God will hold your whole family. Just hold on to Him and know that we all care and are hugging you and loving you and your family from here.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 02:49 pm
Brooke I'm so very, very sorry for you and your family. My sincere condolences to all of you, hope you can find peace and focus at this difficult time.
0 Replies

FlavourQueen

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 03:34 pm
So so sad, just know that there are hands outstretched to hold yours whenever you need. God Bless x
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 22 Jul, 2008 03:35 pm
Good evening F/Q, how are you at this late hour? Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 09/29/2024 at 10:35:18