"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

devriesj

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 05:19 pm
Are you mocking me, Mr. Dutch-? I actually haven't had a drop ... REALLY! But at your suggestion I am going to pour a nice glass of Merlot! Actually despite my life circumstances I'm a pretty happy person. You all get to see me from the inside out, sort of. I've been accused of being drunk when I'm just giddy! If you met me you'd understand! Very Happy

So sorry it's so cold there, DeeDee. Want some hot and humid?! There's a warm hug winging it's way to you! Better? Do you need a blanket?
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 05:25 pm
Morning Izzieliz - the states will be even hotter once you get there :wink: Thanks Dev - starting to thaw out now. Morning Beagle - are you giving us girls a hard time again? Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 05:39 pm
Not at all ddxx, I wouldn't dare take the risk of being cold shouldered by you beautiful girls, Dev knows I'm only kidding. :wink:

Thank you for the hug Izzie, I needed that, like ddxx said, another very cold morning here.

Brooke how about doing a portrait of the Beagle. Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 07:24 pm
I gotta sleep...

Catch y'all in morning

Loving y'all Razz

(Brooke - love to Kim and Bubs)
(Missy have a fab time)
QueenDev - girl stuff go)
(BEAgle - better soon)
(Indeedee - warm soon)
(WytVi - Well done and so pleased for you)
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 07:29 pm
Goodnight Captain, rest well, catch you in the morning. (((Izzie)))
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 07:40 pm
Night, Iz-. Sleep tight.
I'll be around here til the bed bug bites!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 07:43 pm
have a great day/night/afternoon everyone

stay cool - get warm

in any case, hugs all round!
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 07:47 pm
Good night Izzieliz ((xx))
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 12 Jul, 2008 10:22 pm
Thank you for the comments on my drawing of Kim. I had forgotten how therapeutic drawing was. Tis amazingly so.

Dutchy wrote:

Brooke how about doing a portrait of the Beagle. Smile

You're joking, right? Razz You might wish to get a real artist for that. I can't draw from a photograph or looking at anything for that matter. Though I love drawing people. Well......maybe I should explain. When I draw, it has to come from inside me. I basically draw from the inside ..out. So if I feel something I can generally draw it. That's not to say that if you emailed me a photo and I looked at that photo everyday....I darn well might feel you inside me at that point and certainly be able to draw you. Does that make sense?

As strange as this might sound to you ......if I'm moody and just flat out have no idea why ..... and I sit down and draw ... I can almost always understand my mood upon completion of the drawing. I draw my mind. And you can't hide anything there.

Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 04:33 am
Morning World

OH...... how is everyone today?

I'm in poorly hand mode...eeeeuw - so swollen. Going to make a concerted effort today try and get the bedrooms sorted out. A friend across the road came and took the double bed yesterday as it wouldn't fit in the room with the Lion-Witch-Wardrobe - so that was good. How wierd is this right... I move from Links Tor - 100yards from Links Tor was the pub at which "D" & "L" work - I move to new Chez Izzie and little fellas room at the front of the house looks across the road to little house across the road where "D" and "L" live - and we never knew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"D" has always been my spider catcher - well, I have 3 spider catcher contraptions around the house - yep, no kidding on the arachnapobia - and when I was at my worst with the bigguns - would ring up to pub, whilst firmly rooted to the spot screaming for "D" - when I see a big 8 legged thing I freeze (did) completely eventually leading to icking and fainting (long story) - so, when he came round and took the bed we were laughing - about a year or so ago at some unearthly hour of the wee morning hours there was a monster itsy in the Links Tor kitchen - it was up above an uplighter so the projected shadow made this thing look about a foot big. Well, even "D" was scared - and he doesn't do scared. Bless him, he hugged me big as he eventually picked me up off the floor. It really was horrendous. Have got a lot better now and am not quite as "irrational" about things with 8 legs - but..... should I need a spider catcher here in one of those moments - HA - "D" now still lives across the road. Happy Days.

OK - I'm procrastinating now a? Talking of which - I wonder how our darlin' Dixie Gal is...oh do hope she is having a great time and the boys are k.

Babbling -hugs to you girlie and K and the bubs.

QueenDev - hope you're feeling better and got a good sleep in.

BEAgle - are you coughing and sneezing or have you chased the cold away? Hope you had a great evening.

EBGirl - have a lovely day with HIM and the fluffy dawgs - put yer feet up again and have a good read.

Wishing everyone a great Sunday Very Happy
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 05:05 am
A coughing Eagle says hi to everybody and hope you all have a marvellous Sunday, mine has almost come to an end.

Brooke your explanation makes a lot of sense, you obviously need the right inspiration to paint somebody but I was only referring to the picture in my Avatar. Smile

Captain I'm surprised that someone as daring as you is frightened by a mere spider. You wouldn't want to meet our Funnel Web and Redback Spiders, both dangerous with nasty bites! However you're pretty safe nowadays as since 1980 no one has died of a bite because of the development of an effective antivenom.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 05:23 am
BEAgle - you should go to bed soon and rest!!!!!

Hey - we don't have any poisonous things here at all.... but I would be more scared of one our hairy mama house spiders (ugh, sick feeling) than a redback! It's what they look like and how they move ...... and SIZE DOES MATTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wink:

(All goes back to Dr Who and Planet of The Spiders.... I was about 4yrs old). Mind you, hypnotherapist says it goes back to being a pram! I wasn't too sure about hypnotherapy - and even tho I walked out the chaps house thinking "what a waste of time"...... well...... it did appear to work for a long time.... whatever was supposed to work.... did. My fear seemed to be under control. (Until last year - then it all came back again (reasons) - but am not too bad now!) I have even started photographing them...... result. Smile

Gonna go on the help desk again... seems to be a problems with A2K!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 06:23 am
G'day all!

It's a lovely drizzly morning. Laundry's been started. It won't go out on deck to dry til the skies clear.

Dutchy, take care of your cough! and Cap'n Dear - beware those hands - they'll be needed for some big driving soon.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 09:02 am
Driving, eh? That's a mighty drive, MizIzz.

It seems I'm a bit behind on the plotting and planning. I'll go find your trip thread and see what you've been cooking up in the last few days.

dev and Dutchy -- I hope you're feeling better soon.

Brooke -- good news on Kim and the twins. She's where she should be and under very watchful eyes. That's the most important thing right now.

I hope everyone enjoys a wonderful Sunday. We've just returned from three days on tour with Sonny and will be heading out to see Mark Knopfler in a bit, so I'm still not really here. Gotta go see what the captain has up her sleeve though...
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 09:37 am
Good Morning! Very Happy ..... Ok, ok, ok.....it's almost noon. (here anyway)
And guess who just rolled out of bed about an hour ago? Shocked I never sleep that late! Geez my day's half gone already. I went to bed at a decent time. Went to sleep. Woke up out of the most horrific dream at 3:15 Shocked . Had to get up to try and shake the dream and I could never get back to sleep so I stayed up till 6:30 this morning and fell asleep on the sofa. That's my excuse and I'm stickin' to it! Razz

Beth - JPB - Iz - Dutchy and the rest of the crew....... Have a great day.

PS- Dutchy, take care of your cold. I hope you feel better soon.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 11:55 am
Hey, all! Did get some sleep, but crampy as all get out! Evil or Very Mad And I have friends coming over tonight, so I guess I'll just get to druggin'! (OTC, nothing too radical ... yet!)
Hey, Dutch-, hope you're feeling better. Bet you have, had or will have a hot toddy, no?
So good to see you, Brooke-y! And you ARE an artist! One thing I wish I was able to do is draw. You definitely have a gift. Thanks for sharing it with us.
Good to see you too Beth, JPB, DeeDee.
Have a great day all. Thinking of you <ouch>
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 12:21 pm
devriesj wrote:
Hey, all! Did get some sleep, but crampy as all get out! Evil or Very Mad

Uh-oh! Is it the ole "that time of the month" crampers? Gettin close for me too. Makes it hard to jog on account of the "ole booby bounce ouchies!" Razz And them do hurt! I think they just need a good massage. Cool

devriesj wrote:

So good to see you, Brooke-y! And you ARE an artist! One thing I wish I was able to do is draw. You definitely have a gift. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Thank you. But seriously I would flunk an art course because I just can't draw from sight. (unless I'm feelin' it while looking at it)

Anyhoo....... I hope your cramps are better before tonight! Get them druggers in you. I can't take midol or any of that crap. Makes me sleepy. I really think it was a man that invented that stuff and the sleepiness was intentional to shut up the PMS'in ones. :wink:
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 12:37 pm
Well Dev I hope your cramps subside Idea :wink:
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 01:34 pm
JustBrooke wrote:

Uh-oh! Is it the ole "that time of the month" crampers? Gettin close for me too. Makes it hard to jog on account of the "ole booby bounce ouchies!" Razz And them do hurt! I think they just need a good massage. Cool

HA - you so make me laugh girl..... that and your latest music post!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!
Razz

Hey BigRed - hugs to you hun. Hope all's OK with Sadie and you're alright darlin'.

Dev- hotwater bottle on the tummy girl.

(oh.... the joys of having had a hysterectomy many year ago! None of that stuff ever again! Oh so coco) :wink:
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sun 13 Jul, 2008 01:51 pm
Thanks guys. Embarrassed It's either the back, the front or nausea. So much fun being a girl ... right now it's the most latter. Razz Water bottle made me too hot due to the humidity & I'm trying to get off my arse for tonight. I refuse to cancel an evening with friends for this! So, I'ma workin' on it. The fam- is tidying. Hubby's working outside. Ooh! We have grassage and it's getting greener every day! Very Happy I'm just gonna do my best.
And Brooke-y you just keep on runnin' (for me) when it's not "your time"! Army put too much running in me so now I can only walk, fast as h**l tho! :wink: And I don't care if you couldn't pass an art class, baby. That is one rare talent!
And Red, so sweet! Thank you for the sympathy from the male camp, really. Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 07:46:01