"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

devriesj

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 09:40 am
Have a great time, Alex. The UP is beautiful, but I probably don't need to tell you that! Where will you be staying up there? And don't worry, I won't stalk you. I can't afford the stinking gas!!
Hey ho, all. Wow, not much yabbering. I'm shocked! Surprised
Gonna take the day off from the books (although I need to listen to a lecture I didn't finish yesterday before class) Will need to pull domestic diva duty tho.
Oh, and a side ha-ha. You'll appreciate this, Iz- ... Remember the ordeal with 'Wank Enterprises' and unemployment? Well, apparently the joke is on me! Hubby picked up a part time job during his last employment (because they paid him so freaking poorly! Evil or Very Mad ) I may have mentioned before that it's a pharmacy. Anyhoo, the guy who originally owned it has the last name Wank! Poor soul. Funny thing is, he told the unemployment gods about it, and now he has this stupid form to fill out and no check yet! My how slowly turn the wheels of bureaucracy!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 02:43 pm
Hey Crew...

guess what...

who fancies a fer real cuppa tea.....? or a G&TTTTTTTTTTTT

Me 'n the little fella are coming STATESIDE...... Very Happy

3 weeks time - we'll be in Dallas! Then.... wherever the car drives!!!!!!!!! No real plans - just on the road, visiting some crew... and wherever else takes our fancy.... bringing backpacks and a camera.

OMG Razz

No idea how we'll do it, but we will. Little fella is ..... as excited as me. Big decision to make, 1 second to press a button.... DONE.

Got tickets (tho little fella hasn't got a passport yet!), I haven't got shoes yet, and not walking brilliantly..... but hey, what a blast - what an adventure. Very Happy

Hey Alex - glad you are going off for a while - you'll enjoy being with nature and especially with friends.

QueenDev - how ya doing? How's the tiara sitting? OOoohhh - poor chap with his name a? OH MY! Hope we can manage a get together hun!

Missy - have a fab time this weekend. Hope the boys are k and S-boy is all better now x

BEAgle - missed you (xox)
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 02:49 pm
That's great news, Izzie. I hope we will be seeing photos from your visit to the United States. Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 02:52 pm
You most certainly will jw...... think you may be surprised at what you'll recognise Very Happy
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 04:05 pm
Morning crew, Eagle just out of bed and catching up on the news. Missed Queen Dev again but may still catch the Captain. That is great news Izzie, must be typical you, spur of the moment thing. Good on you, hope it will be a rewarding trip for you both. Will have one of your cuppa thanks.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 04:07 pm
Hey - you know me BEAgle..... Australia may be next..... who knows a? How are you today darlin' x
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 04:11 pm
Fine thanks Izzie but battling a cold, winters don't agree with me, prefer to see the sunshine. Doing a few posts and off shopping, still looking for that Earl Grey. Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 04:14 pm
Oh hun - so sorry you have a cold... would love to send you a real cuppa or a hot-toddie. Big hugs for you xox
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 05:24 pm
What a lot of travelling has started or been planned since I've been on-board (and that's less than 24 hours ago!).

I'm most envious of Alex. We went to the UP a coupla years ago - it was part of a wonderful driving trip around Lake Michigan - the only Great Lake I didn't really know. Loved loved loved the UP. Promised myself I'd go back - and still plan to. We stayed in Manistique for a few days and did little trips around before we headed toward Door County and mmm where did we have that meet? Pdawg lives there - cute-ish college town.

Set ordered a Yooper breakfast one morning in Manistique - we were having parts of it for lunch the next day - whatta meal!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 05:29 pm
Mr. Eagle, sir, can I send you some Earl Grey? I've probably got 8 or 10 boxes in the tea cupboard Embarrassed

Seriously.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 05:34 pm
Oh EBGirl - it's so exciting.

I haven't done any proper travelling since R was around 18months old - not like this anyhoo. Very spur of the moment and a massive decision. It will be fab. So looking forward to seeing some crew members. How cool is that?
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 05:36 pm
Good morning all - very cold Saturday morning here. Busy day yesterday so couldn't post and just reading back over posts and OMG Izzieliz going stateside. How exciting for you Izzieliz. Bet the little fella is beside himself. Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 05:48 pm
Yep hun - so's his MOM.

He was sat beside me... and my hand was hovering over the button - he was going "will she, won't she, will she, won't she"

then I pushed the button ... and that was that.

We both really screamed and he was dancing around. We haven't taken a vacation together since he was 6... this is huge for him... and me. Razz Still no idea really how we'll manage - BUT WE WILL and we will have a blast. SO EXCITED HERE..... sleep...... not even close at the moment.

Hope all is good with you - think the BEAgle needs a hot-toddie for his cold. Be gentle with him if you jinks. Twisted Evil
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:04 pm
Excited for you. How long do you think you will be away?
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:08 pm
24 days Very Happy
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:15 pm
WOW! Big doin's! So glad you're coming, IZ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Really hope, maybe (fingers crossed!) that you two could make it to Chicago?! So, when are you coming?!
Just a 'quick' jot for now. Having a late dinner as hubby the 'chef' makes one of his family specialties & I'm starvin' Marvin!
Big news around here is that my crazy sister-in-law is actually getting therapy! Really it is quite a big deal.
Thoughts buzzing around my head. Should be on & off tonight...
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:18 pm
ehBeth wrote:
Mr. Eagle, sir, can I send you some Earl Grey? I've probably got 8 or 10 boxes in the tea cupboard Embarrassed

Seriously.

Thank you for the offer EhBeth much appreciated. Have been looking around here for weeks and just can't find it on the Supermarket's shelves.
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:23 pm
Morning Dev, Ebth and Beagle. Hear you are not too well O beaked one. I have plenty earl grey too.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:24 pm
devriesj wrote:

So glad you're coming, IZ! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Really hope, So, when are you coming?!

Mid August to Chicago... well, that's about the closest we have to any plans right now. Depends on the driving, health etc.... but I figure any time around 12th-16th. Who knows - will let you know as soon as I can tho - would be so good to get together Razz
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Fri 11 Jul, 2008 06:34 pm
Morning DeeDee, Dutch-, EhBeth! and Izzie ....YAY!!! I'll talk to my sis and make some tentative plans! Oh, giddy giddy giddy! Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/01/2024 at 01:34:56