"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

mismi

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 03:40 pm
Well..my Papa always said we had coonass in us..but I didin't know he was for real...He worked in New Orleans quite a bit and we have always had an affinity for the place...but who knows for sure? He has been gone a long time. I should ask my Dad though. I find that very interesting ehBeth.

Oh...I am not so gracious as some of you. Though I like Nadal well enough...I was the only one in my family that was pulling for Federer and my stinkin' children and husband are hootin' it up right now. Blah.

I am cleaning out the kids game cabinet...need to finish it up.

Have a good evening all...

oh and we had a little tummy bug (royal we - S did) but seems to be better. Thankfully. Hoping no one else got it...we shall see.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 03:41 pm
FQ! I missed your post...how sweet you are! Thank you...I don't know about how good a Mom I am...but I thank you for thinking so!

Good to see you on sweety! Hope all is well with you!

hugs to you hun!
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 03:58 pm
Anybody homeeee ???

Been out of the loop for a few days and I'm sure I've missed a lot! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Izzie ....I've never known a Babbling Brooke that can be tamed. :wink: Great pictures! I hope things are going much better for you now. ((((( Izzie ))))

Good to see the adorable new puppy that Tulip has. I love animals, but I am pretty partial to dogs. They can bring a lot of joy to your life. Though losing one is as heartbreaking as losing a member of the family. Well....that's what they are, really. Ya know? I had 2 labradors and lost one about 9 months ago. Can still cry if I talk about him for very long. He still has a big piece of my heart. Don't expect that will ever change.

Anyhow......it's taken me this long to set aside enough of the ache to go out and get me another one. He's a full blooded choc lab. Got him last Tuesday. I have time to train him before school starts back up and he will be a lot of company to my other lab. He's 7 weeks old and 9 pounds. His name is Max. Here's a pic I just took with my cell. Not the best but gives you an idea of what he looks like. Smile He's sitting on my desk, right beside me in that pic...watching me type away. He has big beautiful green eyes.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/max.jpg

Dutchy.......sleep well

Steve.....hope your cold is better soon!

Missy ......Hope you have a good evening too and no one else gets that bug!

ehBeth.... always good to see you anywhere on the forum...and especially here!

FQ - Sounds like you have been busy! You are definitely deserving of that vino! :wink: Enjoy your girls!

dev .....Glad you had a good weekend! I hope the coming week is just as kind!

bigred ....Hope things are going well for you and your sick doggie. Bless you!

To the rest of you........ BIG HUGS ALL AROUND!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 04:39 pm
Ship's Log

Gosh - everyone has had a busy week and lotsa stuff has been going on. Smile

Let's see now - first up - CELEBRATIONShttp://img106.imageshack.us/img106/8952/awardcy3.jpg x 2.

Chin-Ups go to…
http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/2206/happyfeetfg8.jpg
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 06:29 pm
Morning crew, jumping back on board after a catnap of 3 hours and a cold shower. Amazing to read what everybody has been up to. Adore your your puppy Brooke, I'm sure he'll be a great companion for you.

Missed that fleet footed FlavourQueen again, nice to see you pop in, thinking up the next challenge for you. Smile

Mismi I was with you barracking for Roger, it was not to be but he said "I'll be back next year", so we may cheer him on another time once more. He is a great Champion and sportsman with it, gracious in defeat.

Steve that Sunday luncheon sounded remarkable the same as Mrs D and I had at a seaside cafe, ours set us back $8.50 each, not much difference there is there?

Hope you all have a great new week coming up.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 07:19 pm
Nite nite my lovelies - late here and time to zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Lovin y'all Razz
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 6 Jul, 2008 09:21 pm
Just dropping in but everybody is asleep. Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 06:10 am
Not anymore! Good Morning you all!

I am going to be gone all day. Going to take the boys downtown to the school to tutor some kids. They will just do what the others are doing. Think it will be good for them. I hope they behave.

Hugs to you all...have a great day!
missy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 06:56 am
Hi, hi, hi.

Good morning/afternoon and happy Monday to the crew.

The long holiday weekend was a very mixed bag here including great times and some that were not-so-great. I took Miss K to the dr yesterday, she will fully recover from her injuries. I'll pick up a rental car in another hour or so and will hopefully hear from the insurance on whether they call my van a total loss. Everyone who has seen it so far assumes so but the ins adjuster has the final word. Then I'll start looking for a teen-appropriate replacement car.

Brooke -- Max is adorable. I'm glad you and your lab have a new companion.

Steve -- keep feeding that cold (your lunch sounded wonderful)

missy -- you're putting me to shame with your get-to-it-ness. I spent the weekend playing, partying, and fretting. Today will be action day. Glad S is feeling better.

FQ -- enjoy your peace and quiet while you can and then enjoy the hubbub and excitement of having the girls home.

dev -- glad to see you enjoyed your holiday.

MizIzz -- I love your photo wall, hun. Beautiful pictures! How can one not smile when looking at that?

I hope everyone else enjoyed their weekend.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 08:39 am
Morning Crew

been on the run today.... need to go lie down for a while now.

Missy - hope you have a good day with the kids ... all of them.

JPB - so glad K is k - been thinking bout her and hoping she isn't too shaky ... or you and Mr B. Hope you can get the car stuff sorted.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh.... need to rest for a while before I start on the piles of "bleugh" that I keep walking past. I will do it, I will do it .... then I don't Razz

I am getting there slowly - but right now, zzzzzzzzzz's are calling my name.

Lovin' y'all. Miss you all too when I can't yabber with you. x

oh... found out where my Bryce Canyon print is.... ex-hub took it.... asked him today if he would let me have it back... NO Evil or Very Mad nevermind - just a print looking rather lovely on his wall and not mine - blessed with what I have here, so, not gonna complain too loudly

[size=7](ppppppfpfpppfftsttsttfttftpptpptptptptptpfpsppsptpt)
[/size] Very Happy
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:26 am
Good for you, Iz- on your attitude regarding the print. Too bad ex is being a poo-poo head, but you've got it all over him!
Brooke-y! Max is absolutely adorable!
Good to see & hear all of you. Got a whole bunch of silly domestic diva nonsense to contend with today. One item is continually chasing the birds off my (hopefully) soon-to-be lawn! Evil or Very Mad We've got the straw over it so I hope that maybe (?) / hopefully they're trying to chow on all the wheat heads left in that straw.
Tiara firmly in place. Here I go! (Well, soon enough anyway. Embarrassed)
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 10:29 am
Dang Pablo dog just pooed on the floor! Knew I smelled something! OY! It's gonna be one of "those" days! Rolling Eyes ...
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 12:09 pm
((((JPB)))) .....Gosh, sweetie.......I didn't know that K was in an accident! I'm so sorry!! It sounds like she is ok, though?

devriesj wrote:
Dang Pablo dog just pooed on the floor! Knew I smelled something! OY! It's gonna be one of "those" days! Rolling Eyes ...

Laughing Sorry, dev .....that just made me laugh!! ( I do realize that fate will probably have my dog pooping on my floor tonight to spite me!)
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 12:32 pm
Y'know it's funny, if yer not me! I was sitting here & I smelled a smell as the dog slowly mosied away. Thought he'd pootered & then ... there it was.
Had a lovely time gagging as I cleaned it up too. Here's hopin' Max gives you an intestine full, Brooke! (just kiddin' :wink:)
You didn't tell us where you got him, did you? He really is cute. You'll have to keep us updated on life with him!

Yeah, JPB, must've missed the bit about the accident. Hope K is alright and that they total out the van and you can get her an armored vehicle!
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 01:50 pm
Thanks for all the good wishes and all for Sadie. She's had so much support over the last month Very Happy It's great to know your loved Cool . Sadie gives ya'll a great big woof woof, Laughing with a touch of a warm lick :wink:
Hope all are well , Steve must be steve's week at colds as this is my real name, and I got it to. Started out with a sore throat, sneezing, coughing, congested nasal cavity, now I am over the worst part clearing the nasal cavity. Stay away from the brite yellow colors Laughing
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:04 pm
Hey Crew

Fer goodness sake - it's almost 10pm and ....... have been doing paperwork all afternoon - nope didn't get a sleep - too much to do!!!!!! Aaaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Lovely to see the girls and boys on the deck - hope the "aroma" in the Dev house is improving..... :wink:

Babbling.... the brook is not taming Shocked

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1020843.jpg

but it does sound good - bit scary loud at night in the pitch black... Razz

BigRed - good to see ya hun - glad Sadie is getting lots of TLC. Hope your cold clears up soon and that you are doing ok mate.

oh oh oh...... my darn external hard drive has got itself mistaken for being wiped out........ bl**dy thing - can't back up anything ..... took 3 hours today doing a back up - and then told me it had failed and there is a problem with some code attached to it.... haven't a booming clue. Sheesh! It wiped out my other backups.

Hey ho....... can yer tell I am frazzled Very Happy
0 Replies

Steve 41oo

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:20 pm
did I say I had a cold?

true enough. That flowing stream...thanks Capn just like my nose.

But the worst is over I think

Biked it to Starbucks and paid £2.30 for a mug of coffee. Which tasted of nothing but hot milk, until she put two extra shots in.

Then home via the pub where a friend explained the details of his hiatus hernia and reflux problem. In a thunderstorm. (he smokes)

Hope youse guys are all well. Dev...no more words about turds please...thank god you didnt step and slip or something eh Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:22 pm
Hey Stevie - good to see you hunni - feed the cold ... feed the cold. Say hey to MrsS from me hun - and GET BETTER SOON!!!!! x
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:41 pm
devriesj wrote:
Here's hopin' Max gives you an intestine full, Brooke! (just kiddin' :wink:)
You didn't tell us where you got him, did you? He really is cute. You'll have to keep us updated on life with him!

I'll mail it to ya if he does, dev. Razz Plus, I will keep you updated with lots of pics! I have taken quite a few already......just haven't gotten around to loading them off the dig yet.

Izzie! Shocked That babbling brook definitely needs a taming! Wowzers!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 7 Jul, 2008 03:54 pm
Ha - this babbling brook has certainly got a life of it's own - bit like the Babbling Brook I know a?

I keep going and checking - I am 3 steps under water at the bottom of garden..... deffo a new experience for me - have been living at the top of a big hill for the last 10 years... now I'm at the bottom of the hill....

and this is in the summertime!

hey - loving it! Razz

(please no floods please no floods!) :wink:
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 08:16:34