"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

verbivore

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 02:16 am
hiya captain im sure the fellow if he has sense in his eyes will take your photos for the post cards..o wow how nice itll be to receive a postcard wit the pic uve taken on it/,....

chweet..right?

am fine dearie..getting brave as i've to do loads on my own..packing shifting..wonder the perfection though..
still lemme give a try - i thought..
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 02:35 am
Thanku Vegemite...

well, we'll see. Thing is, I like my photos - but it's all just thru my eyes - may not appeal to others at all. I made my moms card today with this photo... you know, framed and blah blah blah..

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1020234-1.jpg

so, that's a bit happy really.

Anyhooooooo - cracking on.... expecting them here shortly before they leave on their holdiay.

xx
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 03:04 am
oh... just quickly...

Little fella had his school concert yesterday - this is what the 4-11year olds sang, adapted from the musical!

Even when the darkest clouds are in the sky
You mustn't sigh and you mustn't cry
Spread a little happiness as you go by
Please try
What's the use of worrying and feeling blue
When days are long keep on smiling through
Spread a little happiness till dreams come true

Surely you'll be wise to make the best of every blues day
Don't you realise you'll find next Monday or next Tuesday will be good news day
Even when the darkest clouds are in the sky
You mustn't sigh and you mustn't cry
Spread a little happiness as you go by

For every need I've got a creed
So easy that it must succeed
I'll set it down for you to read
So please, take heed
Keep out the gloom
Let in the sun
That's my advice for everyone
It's only once we pass this way
So day by day

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ8ahL8LsEQ

Out of the mouths of babes? Very Happy
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 03:46 am
Aye, aye Captain, permission to leave ship for the night, visiting friends who will travel overseas shortly. Have a great day. (((Izzie)))
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 06:04 am
I posted that on Rock's thread - but that truly is a great song Izzie...the words are amazing. Hope the concert went well today. I know you will be glad to have him home. Things are more relaxed when school is out. I hate that rushing around every morning to get them out the door. Although..I will probably have it again and then some this fall...having to rush to get me out the door...I hope you both have a wonderful summer holiday.

Dutchy - have fun with your friends and I will see all of you later maybe. Time is short. I have so much to do and so little time to do it!

Hugs to all!
missy
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 06:36 am
Good day Izzie and able2knowers. Thursday. Jammed, crammed and stuffed a work week, into three days. Rest of week is mine. I think. So far, my other half is filling up my schedule. I did not know, I had a schedule.
Gripe time. Nevermind. That was sufficient.
In laws.
Anyway, sneaking in some fishing time when I pick up the pineapple.
Here comes the sun. Everybody, have a nice day.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 12:23 pm
Aww, thanks for the tune, Iz-, and from Sting, one of my very favorite artists! Very Happy How apropos!
Good for you on being bold & brave about getting your pics out there! Don't sell that talent short. Should've realized you are or could be a pro with all the pics you post! Very Happy The floer pic / mother's day card really is good!
Hello to all and happy Thurs. (or Fri. depending upon where you are!)

Had the most ginormous thunderstorm yesterday1 50,000 without power around here (obviously we're not one of them. Yay! And 5" of rain - unheard of!) It was truly incredible to watch. Hubby was driving home in it and regaled us of tales of the torrents - standing water, floating cars(!), water flowing down street hills. He said it was like trying to drive up stream! Took him at least twice as long as usual to get home, but he got here safe and sound.
So, we kept it from getting to your side of the state, Alex? Well, ya know we try!
Iz-, funny you had storms to, huh?
Verb -, while I might be very much a 'feeling' cancerian, I've got quite the tough shell!
Good to see you Tai! And hey to you, mis-, Dutch-, JPB-when you're around. Anyone seen dj lately? Probably tending his fields.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 02:48 pm
http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1020722.jpg

Haven't had a chance to check the boards yet but hope all are doing well.

BEAgle and Indeedee - hope you had big sleeps and have that Friday feeling. Missy - how was your day girlie - hope the boys are good and all is well in the Dixie world. Alex - I love your little stories - and your schedule - your good wife sounds just brilliant at applying your free time … just love it. You make me smile so big. QueenDev - oh, my thunderstorm was just a little rumble compared to yours - gosh, I do love storms, but only if everyone is safe and that sounded a nasty one. So pleased y'all are alright and hubby got home safe. How are the Things? Enjoying their holidays I hope. DjjD was around at the weekend posting pics - hoping he's OK and not suffering with the storms.

K - gonna check on the boards after I've got a cuppa and look forward to yabbering if anyone is around.

Strange - I have this urge right now to sing ABBA really loud!!!!! I gotta go see The Mamma Mia story - anyone wanna take me… ahhhhhhhh might ask Tulip… or maybe my neighbour…

Lovin' y'all bigtime x
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 02:57 pm
(((IZZIE))) gotta run - just poking my head in to say hello...

hugs to all of you
mis
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 04:50 pm
Good morning crew the Eagle has sneaked back on board for a quick look, busy day coming up so won't be here long.

Everybody seems to call in during my absence, time zones are a curse, have to find an answer to that, maybe I shall turn night time into day time, and sleep when you're all sleeping.

Keep the wheel turning my hearties.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 04:53 pm
Hey BEAgle - I should be living Aus or US time.... would be soooo much easier! Razz What are you up today hun?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 05:03 pm
Hi Captain, full day ahead, Friday morning shopping, which means pushing the trolley and paying the bills. Laughing
Cutting lawns this afternoon, grass grows very fast with the rain we're having.
Going out for dinner with friends and have tickets for the big football match afterwards, won't be home until after midnight.
Stadium complete sell out(55.000), Dutchy's State against DDXX's State but I doubt if she'll be watching it, hubby most certainly will. Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 05:16 pm
MOrning Dutchy - Hiya Izzie...

I am sipping a Pomegranite Martini and cooking diiner...can you tell. MY typing is not so good and I am not much caring about the mistakes.

We have already started celebrating the 4th Laughing Well...I have anyway. We are going to the inlaws tomorrow and then to a fireworks display at the club tomorrow night. Should be fun...I think the kids are going to be able to swim until they start the show. This is different than what we normally do...but since we are a member there now it doesn't make sense not to take advantage of it. It will be gone soon enough! It's just a summer membership.

The boys just went to get some fireworks...pretty benign things we get...no bottle rockets or fire crackers...I am scared of those now. I will tell you about my experiences. They are funny...now anyway.

First time...New Years I am lighting and throwing fire crackers with my cousins. They are all boys - of course. Anyway...I get one and notice as I am lighting the fuse and going to toss it, that the fuse is actually quite short...as I draw my hand back - next to my EAR mind you - I start with the forward movement to throw and BAM - it explodes in my hand, next to my ear....I heard ringing the rest of the night and my Papaw put butter on the burns on my hand. I am not sure why...he told me, but I couldn't hear crap.

The next time we are at Dauphin Island with my cousins - again...and we have bottle rockets...We heard that bottle rockets will actually explode under water and wanted to see it happen. So we walk out to the sea wall and light the first one and throw it in...and wow...poof...and bubbles...you could see the fire under the water...it was really cool. The next time...They throw it and it glances off the water and comes flying back at me...and explodes right next to my shoulder...once again...ear ringing and sting on my arm.

You would have thought this was enough...but no...

New Years..my Daddy gets Roman Candles...my cousins are there...of course. And I fight to hold the Roman Candle...which you are NOT suppose to do...well come to think of it - you are not suppose to do any of those things that we did with fireworks....but what the hell...won't happen again right?

Well.....I am holding the Roman Candle and there are 10 fireballs that are suppose to fire from it. We are holding it over the water...(we are at my GranGran's house now) and one....two...three..four...five...pop out and it fizzles. I was smart...I did not look down the little tube to see if it was lit...I SHOOK it - duh...it exploded in my hand.....once again the ringing of the ears and my hand was numb for about 3 hours.

So I am happy to say that that was THEE last time I did that. I refuse to let my boys do it...once they are older I am sure their Dad and them will have a TOTALLY different idea about my refusal to allow...but for now, we do sparklers and those little gunpowder poppers. Bad enough in my opinion. Boys... Razz

Okay...must finish supper.
Hugs to all...
missy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 05:30 pm
BEAgle - sounds a great day hun - now mind you still haven't bought my tea yet - I AM NOT COMING OVER THERE WITHOUT EARL GREY - Twinings! Razz Have a fab day hun - love ya x

Missy - remind me when we have Guy Fawkes Nite on November 5th to tie you to the rocking chair in the garden.... gosh, you make me roar with laughter - I only call one other person a DOLLOP - but... you are a girl DOLLOP and I love ya so much...

so - as it's near 12.30am and the 4th of July here....

here we go...

Now not only is it Independence Day - it also Tulip's daughters birthday today. So - S-girl - very Happy Birthday to you xxxxxxxx

http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x213/spiritsparked/birthday-cake-220x.jpg

And ….

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj319/pinkroseforever/Hoildays/happy-july-4th-fireworks-jy.gifhttp://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Independence_Day.jpg

Independence Day fireworks are often accompanied by patriotic songs such as the national anthem ("The Star-Spangled Banner"), "God Bless America", "America the Beautiful", "My Country, 'Tis of Thee", "This Land Is Your Land", "Stars and Stripes Forever", and, regionally, "Yankee Doodle" in northeastern states and "Dixie" in southern states. Some of the lyrics recall images of the Revolutionary War or the War of 1812.
Firework shows are held in many states, and many fireworks are sold for personal use or as an alternative to a public show. Safety concerns have led some states to ban fireworks or limit the sizes and types allowed. Illicit traffic transfers many fireworks from less restrictive states.
Major displays are held in New York on the East River, in Chicago on Lake Michigan, Boston on the Charles River, in St. Louis on the Mississippi River, and on the National Mall in Washington, D.C. During the annual Windsor-Detroit International Freedom Festival, Detroit, Michigan, and Windsor, Ontario host one of the world's largest fireworks displays, over the Detroit River, to celebrate both American Independence Day and Canada Day.

While the official observance always falls on July 4th, participation levels may vary dependent upon which day of the week the 4th falls. If the holiday falls in the middle of the week, some fireworks displays and celebrations may take place during the weekend for convenience, again, varying by region.

Wishing all our American's the very best day. You know how much you mean to this Brit here - who funnily enough found her independence from the help of the US and OZ International Crew and Toddling Threads. How cool is that. Love you guys. xx

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a3/ktram/52.gif

Enjoy to the max
Razz
Crew- you are the very best. Very Happy
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 05:35 pm
This crew has got me craving a trip to the ocean.

Right now, Mystic Seaport's got my attention.

Especially for this exhibit.

http://www.talesofthesevenseas.com/DBRoyalisteFigurehead1.JPG
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 05:40 pm
You've posted some chesty wenches on a couple of threads today ehBeth, a pleasure to the eyes of this old tar, thank you Laughing
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 05:50 pm
OH that ship looks a bit special and she is beautiful.

Unforntunately, my eyes are closing and I need to settle down. Very sleepy now. Been good yabbering and see y'all in the morning.

Happy Independence Day Crew as you waken on Friday in the USofA.

Love y'all xxxxxxxxxxxxx
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 05:55 pm
Nite, nite Izzie, sleep well. (((Izzie)))
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 06:11 pm
nite nite BEAgle - enjoy your Friday xxxxxxxx
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 3 Jul, 2008 06:46 pm
Good Night Izzie...we have eaten and I am fuzzy brained. We are bathing the boys and about to put them down for bed then we are watching a BOY movie...I am pretty sure i will be asleep before we are 10 minutes into it...oh well...

I hope you have a good day Dutchy -

sleep well Izzie...

ehBeth you and Set have a happy 4th and all the rest of the u.s.a.er's

all of the crew...good night ...

hugs and kisses all around
missy
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 10/02/2024 at 04:23:55