"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Tryagain

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 02:03 pm
That's ok Red, I don't know what came over me!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 02:08 pm
it was THE sweetest post...very personal..so unusual for you dear Razz
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 02:13 pm
Look; I have already apologized for my unreasonably pleasant behavior, what more can I do to show contrition? Apart that is, from doing a body painting with Brooke!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 02:14 pm
That's about it dear...
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 02:18 pm
In that case; with your seal of approval…..I'm outta here!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 02:23 pm
Don't let the door hit you, you know where. :wink: Razz
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 02:43 pm
Tryagain wrote:

Brooke: give yourself more credit for your remarkable achievements;

Try.... you are a pure sweetheart.

But I have to set the best standards I can set for myself. Most people who enter into this program never even graduate. They either drop out....or are kicked out. The GPA standards are HIGH.

If I can stay at or as close to a perfect GPA.....I can skip some of the tenure BS that a person has to go through upon graduation and pretty much get a job anywhere I want to and skip part of that big ladder that I will still have to climb. Payscale is MUCH higher...the higher the GPA, too. :wink:

Tryagain wrote:
Look; I have already apologized for my unreasonably pleasant behavior, what more can I do to show contrition? Apart that is, from doing a body painting with Brooke!

Sounds interesting. I assume that it will be "I" painting YOUR body. Correct? Twisted Evil
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 02:45 pm
Well now that I've uncrossed my eyes maybe I can learn to count, eh?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 02:57 pm
Good morning crew, Eagle making an early appearance and wishing the Captain peace of mind, understand the seas were pretty rough today. Calmer waters ahead Izzie, hang in there the bosun will take the helm.

Have to give credit to tryagain's multiple talents, his poetry is something special and his paintwork beyond belief, ask Brooke she is the living proof. Was that a finger painting or done with the brush try? Laughing

Always knew mismi could teach us a thing or two, good luck with your application dear, you'd be an asset anywhere.

Must be off to have breakfast, see you all later.
0 Replies

bigredsshop

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 03:01 pm
Enjoy Breakfast Dutchy Laughing Not that I don't enjoy finger paints especialy
when it's a great canvas :wink: but I do believe that Tryagain should try oil paints, they take longer to dry Shocked Idea
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 03:58 pm
Such a day! All the yabberin'! Yes, I did get a good night's sleep all. Thank you for your well wishes.

And I must thank (and razz Razz) Try- for being so unintentionally kind!
Laughing Rolling Eyes Are you an assassin for hire so that I might inherit? Shocked Or have you got a sack of money for me? Better yet, just all of you send me money!!!

Go get that job, mis-! And yes, money sucks - especially when you don't have any!!
Speaking of a2k-ers and jobs, anyone heard from Montana?!

A good day, evening, night to the rest of y'all. I'll be here on & off...
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 05:14 pm
Evening Crew...

Well, the storm arrived early and brought a hurricane with it. Tidal wave is gonna hit tomorrow.

However.... not so long ago a certain poet in our midst posted a famous poem on the ship... and tonite it came back to me in a big way.

'if' by rudyard kipling
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master,
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on!"

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)

It's been a horrible day for my eldest son. He hurts, therfore I do.

Tonite...by now - I am hoping he is sleeping.

As for me - well, I have put the angst to bed and been thinking less of the hurt and more of how lucky I am.

You are all the best yabberers in the world. You do not realise that you make my world go round and make it spin less when it is out of control. So, I wanna say "thanku" - to all of you.

Tonite I heard from the Canadian guy who I was on Beachcomber Island with. Just like that - when it was all mis-shapen and ugly and painful - along comes a phonecall and I recount the last 20 years to him and I hear how wonderful and blessed his life has been. There are many folk who don't get the opportunity to do that because they are less fortunate. It was so good to talk to this guy - we were back 20 years ago as if we had never been away from each other. We only knew each for a matter of days.... but it was like sitting in the same room as him and just... yabbering.

So - when all around me was spinning horribly...this came to me...

from nowhere, from somewhere - and then the telephone rang - and it was not what I expected - it was good, it was beautiful, it was happy.

So.... just wanted y'all to know I am fine tonite and I will sleep (with a little help from the potion) - and thanku.

Ships Log
Now... ship's business... I note a certain BlueDevil .... who is called BabyBlue for a good reason - he is a babe no matter how blue he can be - made a lovely post. Hey, he does that everytime if you read between the lines of gumph - he's a very special chap, whoever he is, just look at the glint in his eye!!!! finger painting or brush strokes with our Babbling Girl - HA - more like finger strokes and a paint brush on the easel methinks. mmmmm Brooke - let us know what colour you painted him - maybe a rainbow TryAgain a? :wink: (Oil could be a little....errr...slippery.....but hey, what's a little slip amongst friends. Ships report to be sent to the Poop Deck at the earliest convenience.

Missy - I am sure you did just brilliantly at your interview. You would be great helping the sped kids… keeping all my hopes and wishes for you that it comes out positive for you. Keep excited - it's a good feeling.

Vegemite - we keeping missing one another - have you got msn working yet - will be around tomorrow hun so beep me and I will try and be there for you hunni - don't worry - we can get you through the move and we can talk about the other stuff too little one.

JPB - will be "ONEing" shortly - will try and now my head is a great deal clearer - wise words from many and perpective in force…I may just sleep. Midnite now - so need to go up soon.

Uncle Larry - you wife has made amazing progress. Well Done MrsUnc. So pleased for her and glad you are back from the travelling for the moment.

TTH - hope the surgeons can sort your arm out soon. Enjoy your upcoming holiday.

Wandel - thanku hunni x Hope all is well with your lovely family around you.

Babbling - you have achieved hugely and you will excel - you have the dertmination and the "balls" to do it girl - nothing will stop you - always believe in you. I hope you managed to figure stuff out over the weekend and you fit in some fun time too.

Big Red - back better healing wishes and a butt scratch to Sadie girlie dawg.

Dev - I'm glad you managed sleep - money worries are cr*p - but chin up girl. How is hubby holding up? As for the BlueBoy - he's more like sassin an a$$ - love the cute little sweet talk he does - though I believe maintenance payments may be due to Mis! Or photo royalties… mmmm cheeky GIT. Hope you sleep big tonite too and tomorrow is kind to you.

RH - you are a star - your songs are perfect and love you for your thoughts. You are good and kind and gentle - a good friend. But I won't tell anyone that a?

Indeedee - missed you last nite - had to go.. but love ya girlie x How was PaPa's results… all k with you and yours.

Finally - our BEAgle, just huggin you and thanking you for always being my Bosun and my friend.

Huge thankus to the crew on the fraying thread... bless you all for holding my hand...

you all make my world such a better place to live in - you have no idea how much you all mean to me.

Eyes closing now…so must hit my berth. Tomorrow is here and it's going to be a long one.

Lovin y'all ~

Crew You Are Still The Very Best.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 05:14 pm
Evening Crew...

Well, the storm arrived early and brought a hurricane with it. Tidal wave is gonna hit tomorrow.

However.... not so long ago a certain poet in our midst posted a famous poem on the ship... and tonite it came back to me in a big way.

'if' by rudyard kipling
If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master,
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it all on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breath a word about your loss;

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling (1865-1936)

It's been a horrible day for my eldest son. He hurts, therfore I do.

Tonite...by now - I am hoping he is sleeping.

As for me - well, I have put the angst to bed and been thinking less of the hurt and more of how lucky I am.

You are all the best yabberers in the world. You do not realise that you make my world go round and make it spin less when it is out of control. So, I wanna say "thanku" - to all of you.

Tonite I heard from the Canadian guy who I was on Beachcomber Island with. Just like that - when it was all mis-shapen and ugly and painful - along comes a phonecall and I recount the last 20 years to him and I hear how wonderful and blessed his life has been. There are many folk who don't get the opportunity to do that because they are less fortunate. It was so good to talk to this guy - we were back 20 years ago as if we had never been away from each other. We only knew each for a matter of days.... but it was like sitting in the same room as him and just... yabbering.

So - when all around me was spinning horribly...this came to me...

from nowhere, from somewhere - and then the telephone rang - and it was not what I expected - it was good, it was beautiful, it was happy.

So.... just wanted y'all to know I am fine tonite and I will sleep (with a little help from the potion) - and thanku.

Ships Log
Now... ship's business... I note a certain BlueDevil .... who is called BabyBlue for a good reason - he is a babe no matter how blue he can be - made a lovely post. Hey, he does that everytime if you read between the lines of gumph - he's a very special chap, whoever he is, just look at the glint in his eye!!!! finger painting or brush strokes with our Babbling Girl - HA - more like finger strokes and a paint brush on the easel methinks. mmmmm Brooke - let us know what colour you painted him - maybe a rainbow TryAgain a? :wink: (Oil could be a little....errr...slippery.....but hey, what's a little slip amongst friends. Ships report to be sent to the Poop Deck at the earliest convenience.

Missy - I am sure you did just brilliantly at your interview. You would be great helping the sped kids… keeping all my hopes and wishes for you that it comes out positive for you. Keep excited - it's a good feeling.

Vegemite - we keeping missing one another - have you got msn working yet - will be around tomorrow hun so beep me and I will try and be there for you hunni - don't worry - we can get you through the move and we can talk about the other stuff too little one.

JPB - will be "ONEing" shortly - will try and now my head is a great deal clearer - wise words from many and perpective in force…I may just sleep. Midnite now - so need to go up soon.

Uncle Larry - you wife has made amazing progress. Well Done MrsUnc. So pleased for her and glad you are back from the travelling for the moment.

TTH - hope the surgeons can sort your arm out soon. Enjoy your upcoming holiday.

Wandel - thanku hunni x Hope all is well with your lovely family around you.

Babbling - you have achieved hugely and you will excel - you have the dertmination and the "balls" to do it girl - nothing will stop you - always believe in you. I hope you managed to figure stuff out over the weekend and you fit in some fun time too.

Big Red - back better healing wishes and a butt scratch to Sadie girlie dawg.

Dev - I'm glad you managed sleep - money worries are cr*p - but chin up girl. How is hubby holding up? As for the BlueBoy - he's more like sassin an a$$ - love the cute little sweet talk he does - though I believe maintenance payments may be due to Mis! Or photo royalties… mmmm cheeky GIT. Hope you sleep big tonite too and tomorrow is kind to you.

RH - you are a star - your songs are perfect and love you for your thoughts. You are good and kind and gentle - a good friend. But I won't tell anyone that a?

Indeedee - missed you last nite - had to go.. but love ya girlie x How was PaPa's results… all k with you and yours.

Finally - our BEAgle, just huggin you and thanking you for always being my Bosun and my friend.

Huge thankus to the crew on the fraying thread... bless you all for holding my hand...

you all make my world such a better place to live in - you have no idea how much you all mean to me.

Eyes closing now…so must hit my berth. Tomorrow is here and it's going to be a long one.

Lovin y'all ~

Crew You Are Still The Very Best.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 05:20 pm
G'nite, Izzie.

Sleep well, hun.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 05:53 pm
Sweet Izzie that log was another gem, how do you manage it under the circumstances, you're a wizard. Sleep well and tight my Captain. Take care tomorrow. xox
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 05:59 pm
Good morning all - all quiet on ddxx's front. Nice smooth sailing. Hope everyone is well. Hey Missy - good luck with position - it would certainly be ideal for you with the boys. I am sure your personality will win them over. Smile Goodnight Izzieliz ((xx)) Another great log.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 06:30 pm
Hey DeeDee...how are you girly? I have fed the kids. They are out riding bikes on full tummies...I am not so sure about that...may be some hurling going on here! Shocked Razz As long as the Professor is willing to clean it up..that's just fine! :wink:

Have a good day sweety. I am off to clean the kitchen and then snuggle....... in my pj's with a cup of tea.
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 07:08 pm
Goodnight Missy ((xx))
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 07:14 pm
Hi ddxx, how do you feel today, happy after yesterdays performance? :wink:

Goodnight mismi. xox
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Tue 24 Jun, 2008 08:08 pm
Morning Dutchy, yes it was a good game, but can't seem to make the letters work today. Smile Last day of babysitting for this week so looking forward to long weekend to do what I want - probably out in the garden.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 10/04/2024 at 03:21:09