"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2008 07:47 pm
Checking in! Very Happy

First off.....I wanna thank you guys for being the wonderful friends that you are and allowing me to complain about storm damage, and school...... yadda yadda yadda. I went back and read all of your comments. Wish I could hug all of you. Thank you again.

3 exams down. 3 to go. One on wednesday and two on thursday. Todays exams ....well, they almost scare me and I will tell you why. I felt TOO good after each one of them. And I'm not sure it's always a good thing to feel like that. But I found NO heat in any of the exams I took today. What scares me the most is that a lot of people were complaining about them being hard. Trick questions. Material we didn't cover in depth....etc. And some of the people complaining are very smart people and over 3.9 GPA's. So in my mind......I'm scared that they really WERE hard and somewhere I just missed it. Or misunderstood questions. Or somethinggg...I dunno. Can't worry about it now, though. What's done is done and grades will start coming in by weeks end on the exams I took today. So, we'll see.

My first exam was @ 8:30. Was finished with that by 10. Between 10 and 1:45......I hung out in the dorms with classmates that were between exams also. Waiting on the last two. If you look at this picture ......you will see what a doofus I was today and so NOT stressed. I think I was just so happy that exams were here so I could get them out of my hair.

Anyhoo.......the girl laying down had fallen asleep. Mouth wide open....and snoring loudly! Laughing Poor girl. She had been up half the night studying and was trying to sleep before her first exam in the afternoon. Someone got the bright idea of taking her camera and taking a picture of the inside of her mouth. So I was showing her the picture on the LCD screen and someone took my camera and took a picture of me without my pants! Why didn't I have my pants??? NOT what you may be thinking. :wink: I went to the little girls room and while ummm ....seated .... I got ambushed and they stole my pants! No noooo .....tis true! I wasn't doing anything bad. Razz Luckily there was a silk nightshirt hanging in the bathroom that I tied around me.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/Betweenexams_june08.jpg

Do I look stressed?? Nah! Was a great day. Was a fun day. And it was a DONE day.......3 exams done kinda day.

Ohhhhhhh yes. On the way home I passed an amish buggy with their little ones riding in the back. Normally you have to go closer to Bill-Town to see the amish in my area (or about 7-8 miles farther south of me) Look at the cheeky grin on the little guys face. Isn't he adorable! And the precious little girls. Taken with cell phone from inside the moving car....so not so clear. But you can still see. Oh my gosh.....I want kids! I LOVE KIDS!

These people live such a simplistic life. I wonder if they are happier? Something tells me....maybe so! Although it was 80 out today and they always dress so warm! Gotta be hot.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/amish.jpg

ADORABLE!!!!!!!

Simply, adorable!

S
I
G
H
S

Again......thank you ((((( all ))))) for your support.
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2008 08:38 pm
Well Brooke - good on you. Nearly there. You certainly are entitled to relax and let your hair down (maybe not your pants tho :wink: ) Loved the photo of the Amish and yes what a cute cute grin on the little boys face.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2008 11:59 pm
Good on you Brooke, you're oozing confidence and that augurs well for Wednesday and Thursday, we'll be thinking of you and sending you heaps of vibes. Smile

Thank you also for the photographs, very intrigued about the one with the Amish people, unbelievable in this day and age. Good one of yourself too, you seem very relaxed. No comments about the pants. :wink:

ddxx I hope I kept your brain in gear today, I do love matching my word power with a witty lady, you're making it tough.

Sending waves and hugs to mismi before she sets off.
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:17 am
Ditto with Dutchy's wishes and hugs to missy - hope you have a great time. ((xx))

Dutchy really enjoyed the stimulating exchange today and hope it continues. :wink: :wink:

Gang arriving very soon and will be hungry so into the kitchen I go. Trout risonni stew tonight with chilli. Night all Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 01:18 am
Good Morning / Afternoon / Evening

OH - you know when you wake up and suddenly realise you are a complete twonk, for real... well I am...

Fisrtly - Well done Babbling - oh you are gorgeous, smart, fun and a good friend to treasure - love you girlie - (and thanku) - trust in your confidence and keep having a good time like above - you're gonna be just coco hun x Very Happy (I love the pic of the kids - hunni - you're time will come there - when it's the right time - believe it.)

Missy - LIVE, LAUGH, LOVE - ENJOY - FUN FUN FUN Razz Razz Razz

Monty - tomorrow, not today - DOH Embarrassed The positive about being a twonk, when thinking yesterday was Tuesday... is that I have now gained a day, and today is Tuesday, so work for you is tomorrow! Confused

(Back to bed for me.... I'm tired Rolling Eyes )

BEAgle and Indeedee - hope you've both had a good day and all is good in Oz.

JPB - I ate brekkie before you today Very Happy

I need to rest for a while so will catch y'all later. Lovin ya Razz
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 05:21 am
DeeDee - Dutchy - Izzie.......Thank you and good morning! Very Happy

Dutchy ...... The amish are quite big in O-hi-O. If you'd like to read up on them here's a couple links for ya! The big settlements are in central to southern parts. But the one in my area is not exactly small (IMO). I think it's between 400 and 500. Once the kids grow up, they either continue on in the life they grew up in. Or they leave and do all the "nasty" things the rest of us do. Like .... drive cars, show skin, listen to music. You know....all that BAD stuff! Laughing Around here, people buy lumber off of them for building houses. They are very crafted and will come and build the house for you if you wish. And they do an excellent job! You do have to give them a place to stay and feed them during the duration though.

http://www.ohioamishcountry.com/

http://www.amish-heartland.com/

But seriously ......although they don't mix much with the rest of us (unless they need a ride in a vehicle somewhere or want to sell you something) ...they are a nice bunch of people. It is kind of funny that they won't drive cars but they can and will ask you for a ride.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 06:00 am
Hey Brooke! I am so glad to see you in high spirits. Thinking good thoughts for the rest of your exams. Glad you are almost done!

I am about to kick it into high gear around here. Have a lot to do before I load up the car and head out. They are just wanna do things - like having the house vacuumed and dusted and all the bathrooms clean so when I walk in the door next week...I will actually be glad to be here. The Prof is meticulous...it's thing 1,2 and 3 that are not. But I will say they cleaned their room and put everything where it belonged - for the first time EVER yesterday. It was very exciting.

I do have to have the oil changed in the car and tired rotated. But that will be fine. Won't take long a'tall.

DeeDee and Dutchy, I hope your day was good. I hope you rest well tonight. Have a great week! DeeDee take care of you and hope you are getting all you need to done. Dutchy - will miss you sweet friend!

Try - blue poof..you're here, you're not. And we so love it when you are.
take care of you.

JPB...I hope you have a great week and get what you need to done and don't worry about the rest.

Montana, FQ, Tulip, Steve, DJ, and RK - Take care of yourselves and I will see you all around I hope when I get back.

Izzie...you are in my thoughts dear friend. I know it is a crazy time for you. I wish I could come by and take you with me (actually all the girls here...sorry boys) One moment at a time. It will get done.

Hugs to you all and I will see you next week!
Missy
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 06:12 am
((((( Missy ))))) ... travel safely!

And you know everyone is going to miss you too!

So........hurry back, my friend!!!
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 07:54 am
Just read up on your posts. Hope everyone has a nice day or night. I thought I would leave this picture. Another ship was following us Laughing

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1624/shipsfq9.jpg
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:27 am
Good day folksy's; I couldn't help but stumble over.....

"I got ambushed and they stole my pants!" Shocked

Oh my! That is not something you read every day. However, the good news is; no one pant less has ever had bad exam marks….And don't worry about over confidence - no one ever won a battle thinking they were gonna loose!

Bon voyage Miss mi; I think that's Mexican for "have a nice trip!"

For all the rest of the crew; support in your individual endeavors.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:44 am
thanks! Last post...I am on my way! See you next week! I hope.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:47 am
So long mismi, will miss you, have lots of fun.

Beagle saying sayonara everybody, bedtime downunder.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Tue 3 Jun, 2008 08:50 am
bye mismi, have fun don't do anything I would Laughing
Good night Dutchy and to the rest- Have a very nice day & night since I have to leave and be responsible Rolling Eyes Laughing
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 03:56 am
Good evening good folks, Eagle had a very busy day and looking at the log, everybody else seems to be in the same position, including our beloved Captain. How are things moving on the Moors Izzie, slow but sure?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 07:31 am
Well done Dutchy; I'll take the helm while you take a rest. This is what happens when TTH writes, " … I have to leave and be responsible."

Sheesh!

Or are they all down in the cabin helping Brooke to find her pants!

Try stood on the burning deck
Whence all but he had fled;
The flame that lit the battle's wreck
Shone round him o'er the dead.

Yet beautiful and bright he stood,
As born to rule the storm;
A creature of heroic blood,
A proud, though childlike form.

The flames roll'd on...he would not go
Without his father's word;
That father, faint in death below,
His voice no longer heard.

He call'd aloud..."Say, father, say
If yet my task is done!"
He knew not that the chieftain lay
Unconscious of his son.

"Speak, father!" once again he cried
"If I may yet be gone!"
And but the booming shots replied,
And fast the flames roll'd on.

Upon his brow he felt their breath,
And in his waving hair,
And looked from that lone post of death,
In still yet brave despair;
And shouted but one more aloud,
"My father, must I stay?"
While o'er him fast, through sail and shroud
The wreathing fires made way,
They wrapt the ship in splendour wild,
They caught the flag on high,
And stream'd above the gallant child,
Like banners in the sky.

There came a burst of thunder sound...
The boy-oh! where was he?
Ask of the winds that far around
With fragments strewed the sea.

With mast, and helm, and pennon fair,
That well had borne their part;
But the noblest thing which perished there
Was that young faithful heart.

Oh my, so sad.
0 Replies

unclelarry

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:17 am
Mornin' all.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 08:25 am
Morning everybody. Try you are strange Laughing
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 11:09 am
Maybe the justification is that I've been having a sweet dream, I been dreaming since I woke up today…Au shucks; give then all "A's" while you're at it too. Maybe it makes for stronger citizens.

And by flipping blame to Gunga Din himself by implying that he apparently whistled, thus causing insomnia is beyond ugly.

Hey folks out there...U.S. history is filled with examples of overt brutality. Both past and present, and at the rate and direction we're going, the future may be no different.

We need to thoroughly teach these examples of history in order to bring awareness and knowledge to the crew, in order that we have some hope for the future of this cruise.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 11:17 am
HEY BABY BLUE AND ALL OUR CREW

I EXCHANGE CONTRACTS TOMORROW - GOT THE CALL TONIGHT - IT'S GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz

I MISS TALKING TO YOU ALL -IT'S MANIC AND I'M EXHAUSTED - HAD REMOVALS HERE ALL AFTERNOON - THEY TOOK A WHOLE TRUCK LOAD AWAY TO THE AUCTIONEERS.

BUT I COULDN'T GET RID OF GRANNY'S DRESSER OR MY DESK! Razz

HEY HO! HAPPY DAYS Very Happy

(BABBLING - HOPE ALL WENT WELL IN TODAY'S EXAMS)
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 4 Jun, 2008 11:28 am
Congratulations and celebrations!

When I tell everyone that you're ;
Really gonna move
Congratulations and jubilations!
I want the world to know I'm happy as can be.

Who could believe that I could be happy and contented
I used to think that happiness hadn't been invented
But that was in the bad old days before you exchanged.

Congratulations and jubilations Razz

Ps. Wishing you easy questions Brooke!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 04:20:13