Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 04:14 pm
Oh RAINKEEPER..... HOW HAPPY TO SEE YOU!!!!!!! Very Happy

THANKU....

KEEP WELL AND COME BY WHEN YOU CAN!!!!!!!! Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 04:18 pm
COME BACK RK..........

RK sited on port..... then starboard.... then aft..... then the bow........ bowed out...... oh no...... Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 04:18 pm
rainkeeper sighting!!!!!

How cool is that?

lovely poppy, but can't stay? waaaaaaa......
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 04:20 pm
Good morning all - been awol and just returned back on board. Been busy, busy, busy, out on the property burning off as weather conditions are perfect for it here. Lots done but lots more to go. A lot of my beautiful european trees that couldn't take the drought had to be cut down and fallen branches and we have what they call black wattle trees here. These only last about five years and a worm gets in them and kills them so they have to be cut down as well. Tired, sore and plenty of showers to get rid of the smoke smell but getting through it.

Congrats Izzieliz - you are finally moving! Smile You will be busy, busy, busy. Good chance for good cleanout. I have not had good times with removalists over the years. Hope you have better luck.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 04:27 pm
And there's our Indeedee....... we were missing you too girlie..... such a shame about the trees - but you need to do what you need to do. So glad to see you - yep - gonna be busy - have been today - oh, there is just stuff all over the place - HOW LIBERATING!!!!! AND I have managed to bin some "tut" - so that is a mega result.

Weird with NO PICS UP on the walls - looks kinda lost and lonely - hey ho! NewChezIzzie is calling my name so no worries. Smile

Ha - the removals - well the chap was really nice - but I don't think his quote is going to be..... gonna be a nasty amount of money methinks. have no choice tho - gotta get people in to do it so... shouldn't think about it.

HEY HEY THO - MOVING........ HOW COOL IS THAT Very Happy
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 04:41 pm
Oooo - it is exciting having a new place to decorate. Lots of fun but it will be tiring so take it easy. Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 05:11 pm
Izzie wrote:
Oh hey BabyBlue

Gagging is a great reflex.... Razz (methinks a Dixie discussed this before!)

Who knew!

"Absence of the gag reflex is a symptom of a number of severe medical conditions, such as damage to the glossopharyngeal nerve, the vagus nerve, or brain death."

Oh - how happy is that - we can stop you from a truly awful injury with a pharyngeal reflex. COCO!!! Laughing

Hope the Blue World is being kind to you. Hope you have a great weekend and come back later when you hang up yer saddle Very Happy

wait a second....what thread did you read that off of sister? Shocked Laughing
Oh my...
How are you feeling Izzie? Are you still overwhelmed?

MIL is fine...feeling better. But not up to visitor's yet.

I have been having computer issues....been on with the Dell person for 2 and 1/2 hours. He and I are great friends now. A sweet young thing. I am thankful he saved my pics and my tunes...I have to go back up now before something else happens. C-r-a-p - that was close...

Try - I liked the Waltons - Little House on the Prairie too. But I am pretty tolerant of most folks..which is why I put up with you I suppose :wink: Razz
Hugs to you.

RAINKEEPER! So happy to see you. I can't tell you how much I have missed you these last weeks. So glad you dropped in to say hello!

JPB...how are you doing? Hope all is well with you and you are having a great weekend.

Dutchy - I hope you had a great weekend and that your Monday morning is starting off well...

DeeDee...so happy to see you too! Ew...sounds like hard work. Hope it is over soon! We miss seeing you!

Okay...I am off to buy discs to back up my stuff.

And a bottle of wine...I feel the need for assistance in the mellowing department. Going to get it... :wink:

Hugs to you all!
see you later maybe!
Missy
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 05:23 pm
Hi missy - nice to hear your news.

Well guys - about to head out - been invited to join friends to go to a winery. Hubby bought me a new camera yesterday - he was always snuffling mine in his briefcase for work issues - so will take it with me and try and take some shots of local scenery to share with you guys. Hope you all have a great day or evening - yabber to youall later. xxxx
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 05:32 pm
Hey girlies - have a good time Indeedee - will look forward to those pics - make sure you get one of the nice waiters serving you the wine a? Oh, what a good hubby getting a camera for you - now if you put something else in his briefcase, like some old Bridget Jones's - he may go get you some new g-strings. That would be good a? :wink:

Oh Missy - oops - get the disks (says the Brit whose external hard drive doesnt work, has an electric fire for a laptop and no backup working on the internal drive.) GO GIRL - go do your backups Laughing Glad to hear MIL is doing better - how's FIL doing? Oh.... that thread.... nah, we'll leave that where it is. I have run out of incontinence pads so can't even return to that. Wine for you and the Professor later sounds a good plan. How are the Dixie Boys - did you get to the pool? eeeeuw - so many questions a? Razz
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 05:40 pm
Have something similar in mind ddxx, will also take my new toy with me today, and who knows may snap something interesting. All you guys have a great Sunday, mine is well on the way.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 06:09 pm
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 06:14 pm
Good night my beloved "Diva", sleep well, your voice sounded like an Angel. :wink:
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 06:25 pm
Izzie wrote:
how's FIL doing? Oh.... that thread.... nah, we'll leave that where it is. I have run out of incontinence pads so can't even return to that. Wine for you and the Professor later sounds a good plan. How are the Dixie Boys - did you get to the pool? eeeeuw - so many questions a? Razz

You know I don't mind your questions...seems to me that is a sign of a thoughtful person...thank you.

He is much better. As a matter of fact I just tried to get him to let me bring dinner to them tomorrow night and Monday night and he would not let me. He says he can do it. And he stopped letting me take him to Physical Therapy too -- he is driving himself. He is a tough old bird though..he can do anything.

We did not go to the pool. I spent the time we should have been there getting the computer back up and running. So...oh well. I am going to fix dinner for the boys and Hubby. The boys entertained themselves while The Prof laid in the bed. He has poison ivy now...and it has spread...he is a little cranky. So we have avoided him today! :wink:

Okay...I am running along...Hugs to you all - again.

missy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 06:32 pm
Nite all...... lovin youse Razz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 06:49 pm
Rest well Izzie...love you too...
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 07:43 pm
get your marshmallows and hot dogs ready

http://h1.ripway.com/djjd62/fire1.JPG

http://h1.ripway.com/djjd62/fire2.JPG

http://h1.ripway.com/djjd62/fire3.JPG
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:13 pm
dj........that fire looks awfully inviting! Smile

Sorry crew but I am absolutely beaten down tonight. Just gonna post here and I'm off to bed. I will maybe find time tomorrow to go back and read and get caught up.

It's been an interesting 24 hours. Last night I logged off because of a storm rolling in. I went to bed and it was thundering and lightening and raining. NO way was it going to be quiet long enough for me to get any sleep. I get back out of bed and was moving around the house, waiting for it to quiet down. And it did. Got much better.

Sooo.....I crawl back in bed. This is between 1 and 1:30. I was thinking it was almost too quiet. Was erie. Then all of a sudden I could hear tornado sirens going off in the little town about 2 miles east of me. Amazing how far the sound of those sirens carry. I am about a 10 minute drive from Findlay. Was sure the sirens weren't coming from there.

Then the wind....omg the wind. It came at the side of house with such force I didn't think I could make it to the basement. The rain was beating down so hard that it ...in and of itself was making horrible noises. There was a screeching noise. I can't even describe that. I could hear things hitting the house. Everthing was happening so fast. I can see how people die in tornado's. I don't think you have much time to react when they come at you. Especially in the middle of the night.

No secret that I hate storms. But last night I was beyond hate. I was scared to death. So.....more power to those of you that love storms. I hate em with a passion...even more so now.

Anyhow......we had 3 tornado's in the area last night. One dropped to the ground for 15 minutes and had wind speeds up to 135 mph. Another one had a 1/4 mile wide path. I think they said the wind speeds on that one were 110. Then there was a smaller one with only wind speeds of 85 mph. All bouncing around between Hancock and Putnam counties.

I was lucky really. Some people lost their whole house. I have some damage to my house but I didn't lose it. I did lose a bath house out by the pond. The wind carried it off somewhere. I don't know where. Just the foundation left behind. I lost a lot of trees. But I had plenty ...and they can be replaced. So really, I got off easy. But I have the feeling it's gonna be a long tornado season this year.

This is soooooo not what I need with 3 exams on Monday. But I will make it. I always do by God's grace.

Here's a couple tree pictures.........I will post more when I'm not so whipped.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/TornadoDamage1.jpg

Lots of sheet metal and stuff wrapped around trees. I have NO clue who's buildings they are off of.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/TornadoDamage2.jpg

Ok.....I have yacked enough. G'nite
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:29 pm
Oh Brooke! I am so sorry. I am familiar with those nasty things. So sorry you were so scared. But I am glad you heard the sirens and got in a safe place and that you did not have any damage to the house. Storms are scary. Take care of yourself sweety. I am about to head for bed. Just watching Saturday Night Live (rerun) and then heading...

Rest well sweety and I will talk to you soon,
missy
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 31 May, 2008 10:47 pm
Wow -- I'm glad you're safe, Brooke. I can't even begin to imagine...
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2008 02:08 am
Shocked Holy crap darlin. When you said storms, I thought you were talking thunder storms. No one likes that kind of storm.

(((((((( Brooklyn )))))))))
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/07/2024 at 12:29:20