"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

deedeexx

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 10:21 pm
Hey missy - yeah must admit I have to pull myself together and start a big clean up. By the time I put munchkin down for a nap in the afternoon I really don't feel like doing anything. No big plans for today - just out for a meal tonight at the local club so at least no cooking today. Only two months off munchkins second birthday - can't believe it has gone that quickly - and one month till granddaughter is four.

Bet you are looking forward to the beach. Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 10:24 pm
ddxx Puzzle Wizard has just one prize puzzle in it worth $1080.00 but I must admit it is always a good one. Cost $6.50 and is aimed at the non prize puzzler, good value for them as it has 86 pages with a variety of
puzzles in it.

Oh dear mismi you are a big girl and on a diet eh, what a bummer, proves again what I've been saying for a long but won't repeat here. Laughing
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 11:22 pm
Thanks for the info Dutchy - will look out for it. Smile Must get you to give me a game of jinky bobs too.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sun 25 May, 2008 11:51 pm
Anytime you're ready ddxx, just got cleaned up by my opponent in the UK. Smile
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 12:30 am
Okay Dutchy - maybe tomorrow? You will have to start me off.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 03:44 am
Will be a pleasure ddxx, male versus female brain power eh. Smile
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 04:00 am
Good Morning / Afternoon / Evening

OMG - It's horrible here - storm started up overnite and we're being blown away. StevieBoy - what weather did you bring with ya a? :wink:

Little fella is playing the flute - ahhhhhhh - that's what I might do today - see if I can video him and upload.... ooooohhhh there's a plan! Razz

Hope to see Tulip too - tho not much doing outside - IT IS MISERABLE!

Hope one and all are faring well and BEAgle and Indeedee have had a lovely day.

GOOD LUCK FULL MONTY - thinking of you and wishing you a great day at your new job. Lots of cofidence girlie and show them how you smile. Very Happy

Had a strange nite - I'm having the most confusing weird dreams which I can't figure out - if I could just remember them in the morning... well - it's a bit peculiar. Haven't dreamed vividly for a while - now I am. What's that all about then a? Darn I wish I could remember them. Hey ho. Onto another day - oooooohhhhh - it's pretty bleak out there right now - best go put the kettle on a? Very Happy
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 05:59 am
Good afternoon Izzie how are things going today? Just called in to see if anybody was about but the decks are deserted. Must be the miserable weather we're both experiencing. Trust you will be around later on, I've had a long shift. :wink:
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 06:11 am
Hello all!

Oh DeeDee - the babies do grow up fast. Too fast. I love babies. They just get harder the older they get. Consistent discipline, getting them to do what you say and not what you DO. horrid.

Watch yourself there Dutchy...no need to rehash the past Razz

Izzie - I do believe that putting the kettle on is the answer to many of life's more difficult quandaries. At least it kind of calms you until you figuire it all out. Thank God for tea!

I have to go exercise. Then I have to go to the store and go to my Father in Law's house for a cook out.

Hope you all have a wonderful day...won't be here a whole lot.

see ya' soon,
missy
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 06:23 am
Hi dear mismi, glad you got my message and I got yours. Laughing Have a great day.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 06:27 am
Hey crew

Ima here - been down making videos Shocked

Now have to figure out how to upload again Rolling Eyes

Gosh - its horrendous weather here - poor 'ole Stevie on his hols with this - very very nasty out there.

BEAgle - you can put the ship on auto hunni - am on the deck kinda so no worries - I kinda fancy sailing off to Italy right now.... oh .... that would be luverly.

Missy darlin' girl - Smile
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 07:11 am
Hola!

Stopping by with my morning cuppa to take a quick stroll around the deck. Unfortunately my virtual deck strolling seems to be the only exercise I'm getting these days. Missy -- can you put in an extra mile or two for me? Thanku, you're a doll! :wink:

How's our MizIzz this morning? oohhhh -- sailing off to Italy sounds fabulous.

Happy Monday to Dutchy and deedee and everyone else who wanders by.

I've got a bit of work to get done early then it's off to the kitchen to whip up a fresh corn and black bean salsa and a Caesar pasta salad with shrimp for this afternoon's bbq.

Gotta keep walking!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 07:16 am
Aye, aye Captain, carrying out your instructions, where do you want to sail to in Italy?

Keep on walking JPB you obviously fit into the same category as mismi. :wink:
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 07:21 am
Hey Hey Smile

Lovely to see our JPB strolling the decks - can virtually see you hunni and wishing you a great day - I reckon the SouthWest could equal the WindyCity right now.....eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeuww! Very windy and very loud outside with the avenue of trees - love a good storm - but this is nasty weather.

BEAgle - would love to go anywhere in the med right now.... still would like my trip to Sorrento - have got itchy feet right now and nothing to scratch them with.... so what can you come up with a? Smile
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 07:30 am
Good moning to Izzie and Dutchy, and others.
Wrapping up long weekend today. A quite day, today. Need work week to catch up on sleep.
How to hide something four by eight feet.
Dutchy, Tuscany or Val d Aosta would be nice.
JPB, fed ex does salsa. I do have tortillas.
Everybody have a nice day.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 07:45 am
easy, easy salsa recipe

canned black beans, rinsed and half-smashed
sweet corn, fresh cooked or frozen thawed
fresh lime juice
fresh tomatoes, diced
jalapeno pepper, minced with or without seeds to control heat
fresh cilantro leaves, minced
salt and pepper to taste

Throw it all together in whatever combination you like (I go about half/half with beans and corn). Let sit for 30 mins or longer to allow flavors to blend. Enjoy with chips or soft tortillas!

easy, easy Caesar pasta salad with shrimp

1 box short pasta, cooked and cooled (I like mini shells)
sweet onion, diced small
celery, diced small
cucumber, seeded and diced small
cooked shrimp, fresh cooked and cooled or frozen thawed
creamy Caesar salad dressing
salt and pepper to taste

Toss everything together in a large bowl. Let sit for 30 mins or longer to allow flavors to blend, serve on chopped romaine lettuce with grated parmesan on the side to sprinkle on top.

Both travel well. Just add meat for the grill, drinks, and desert and you're done!

Sorry, captain, I know this isn't the food forum -- back to my walk....
0 Replies

JustBrooke

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:06 am
Izzie wrote:
Also we must wish our Babbling Girl well too as she is studying for her exams and we know how hard she is working.

Ohhhhhhh now I feel guilty! But ya know what they say......confessions are good for the soul. Embarrassed

I have really been working hard. I need to stay within the scope of standards of what I have set for myself. I know where I need my GPA to be in order to finish in the top 1% of the graduates in my profession. And I'm not there. But I will be. Anyhow........enough of school.

I took yesterday off....for the most part. Went up to the Lake Erie which is all of about an hours drive from me. Depends on traffic. I grew up on that lake! My parents have a small cottage up there that they purchased long before I was ever born. Used to go up there all the time. I still do on the weekends in the summertime. My daddy has his boat docked up there and ....well.....I LOVE to fish too. Anyhoo.......I definitely wasn't working hard yesterday, Izzie. Laughing

The cottage is nothing fancy at all. But we don't go up to the lake to sit around in it either. It's clean and has heartprints of love and good memories everwhere. That's all that matters.

Here are a few pictures of it. The pictures of the cottage, I already had. I didn't take them yesterday.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/ParentsCottageLakeErie.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/Cottage2.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/CottageKitchen3.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/CottageBedroom.jpg

And out the back there is a great place to drop the waverunners/jetski's into the water. My Daddys boat is docked about a 5 minute drive away. So everything is set up pretty nice that way.

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/BackofCottage.jpg

Drums roll ................ and here's what the hard working Babbling was doing yesterday Embarrassed My bad!

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn50/brookesphotos27/05_25_08.jpg

Sooooo ya see ....... I really don't work as hard as ya'll think I do. :wink:
JPB .....great recipe's. Now ya made me hungry! Laughing

Wishing everyone a fantastic day. Love you all!

Later Taters! Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:17 am
Oh Babbling - good for you hunni - that looks absolutely fantastic - you gotta take some time off to allow your brain to function with the school work girlie - so, well done you. I'm so glad you took a little time to play. The cottage looks wonderful. Very Happy

You bad.................no ways hun...................yeeeeeeeerrrrr GOOD Razz
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 08:46 am
AHOY, mateys! Just stopping by for a quick yabber. No time to read the whole thread since my absence the last day or so. Hope all are well! Are the Americans enjoying the memorial day week end? OBVIOUSLY our Brooke-y is! I am entirely jealous, girlie! You deserve a break - it's a holiday after all! ~Grew up near Lake Michigan myself. Ah, the cottage life!
Spent the day yesterday with good friends getting a bit too pink by the pool and having a beverage or two ... Kids had a great time.
Back to outdoor activity at the house today. Got more planting, etc. to do before it turns a bit chillier than I like (Maybe 80 today, 60's forecast for tomorrow - I know I'm a weather wuss, I admit it!)
Gonna stroll on the deck with a cuppa then get to it! Supposed to see my 'rents this evening. Don't really love spending time with my 'monster', but they do like it when we come every once in a while.
Chicago is on hold. Summer after school is out is a much better time for us, but brother-in-law is impulsive (yet not anywhere near as handy as my guy) so we shall see what we shall see.
Shall stop writing before this is a veritable novel! Maybe will get a chance to catch up and yabber later. Hugs all around! Very Happy
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 26 May, 2008 11:20 am
Good morning crew of the world.

I have just heard back from my lawyers about this section of the ships official log…

" Mismi - she's a star. BabyBlue has been tempted to tend to her gardening needs - we will no doubt hear if the seeds are planted."

I would like to make it perfectly clear that I do not wish to sully that fine southern lady's reputation..............but that was no flower bed!

I now come quickly to this line from able seaman Mismi, "I am on a damn diet. Have the beach…"

May I just say that I have never seen a finer bod fit for a beach -

She was afraid to come out of the locker
She was as nervous as she could be
She was afraid to come out of the locker
She was afraid that somebody would see
One, two, three, four, tell the people what she wore

It was an itsy, bitsy, teenie, weenie, yellow polka-dot bikini
That she wore for the first time today
An itsy, bitsy, teentie, weenie, yellow polka-dot bikini
So in the locker she wanted to stay
Two, three, four, stick around we'll tell you more

She was afraid to come out in the open
And so a blanket around she wore
She was afraid to come out in the open
And so she sat bundled up on the shore
Two, three, four, tell the people what she wore

So in the blanket she wanted to stay
Two, three, four, stick around we'll tell you more

Now she is afraid to come out of the water
And I wonder what she's gonna do
Now she is afraid to come out of the water
And the poor little girl's turning blue
Two, three, four, tell the people what she wore

So in the water she wanted to stay
(From the locker to the blanket)
(From the blanket to the shore)
(From the shore to the water)

Thank you and have a nice day!

Ps; Drive carefully Lzzie!

Pps; oh Brookie, what a beauty, so smooth and such wonderful curves; I just love those Kawasaki jet ski's. ….What!.........What!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 04:28:29