"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

devriesj

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 04:22 am
Here you go, my friends. Will this do?: Fancy one myself - Cheers!
http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/84/54/22255484.jpg
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 04:26 am
Thank you very much Dev, you're very kind to a lost soul. Smile
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 04:39 am
Ah, 'tweren't nuthin. Anything for a friend. Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 04:41 am
Oh lovely....

Tea for three and three for tea... la la lll la l la al ll singing. Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 05:22 am
Good Morning, Afternoon, Evening!

I thought I posted here already - and I just read. Does that mean I need to go back to bed? We have a game in a couple of hours...my tummy hurts. Isn't that crazy? I am so nervous. I want them to win so bad...and I am fighting to reflect and instill in them that it doesn't matter if they win or lose. The fact is they are winners already in my book...they lost 1 game all season long...made it to the championship...I really am so very proud.

That's what our day is about right now. We will be leaving in just a bit to go warm up and stuff. Get pics and save our seats (gonna be crowded) A lot more people there today than just our teams families. I have silly string for them to use whether they win or lose..kind of like spewing champaigne all over each other. Should be fun...

I will be back to let you all know. I can't focus on much else right now. Good thoughts...I want to win the coin toss to be home team...think that for me will you all? We do much better when we are home...

Okay....I have to go feed them and get them in their gear....see you all later

mis
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 05:30 am
Hi dear mismi, good luck and have fun, I'm sure the boys will do you proud, win, lose or draw. Sending you all the vibes you asked for, hope it helps. :wink:
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 05:40 am
Thank you Dutchy...just got them all up...dogs, boys, and cat. They are all running around - quite crazy around here.

Rest well...and I will see you later,
Missy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 05:42 am
Oh Missy - HAVE FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN

Hug 'em Dixie Boys from their AuntyIz and .......... ENJOY!

(win coin toss ooohhhmmmmm ohhhhmmmmm ohmmmmm!) :wink:

Wishing our US based International Crew a Great Memorial Day Weekend Break

USA - MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
Memorial Day is a United States Federal Holiday that is observed on the last Monday of May (observed in 2008 on May 26). It was formerly known as Decoration Day. This holiday commemorates U.S. men and women who have died in military service to their country. It began first to honor Union soldiers who died during the American Civil War. After World War I, it was expanded to include those who died in any war or military action.

In the UK we have our Spring Bank Holiday Weekend (last Monday in May) and the roads into Devon and Cornwall are very, very busy.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/MEMORIAL-1.jpg

So… as I am unable to jam with you in the USA - am sending you our Devon traditional clotted cream tea with strawberry jam which I had for brekkie -

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/P1020124.jpg

Enjoy your time with friends and family crew.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 08:44 am
Good morning Muchachos; it is a chilly wet 16 degrees in San Diego this morning; so it's lucky I'm not there!

So Lzzie, whas where my enchilada at eh?

If anything comes up; you can get hold of me at: The Instituto de Astrofísica de Canarias - IAC -...The Observatorio del Roque de los Muchachos (ORM). Which is situated on the edge of the Caldera de Taburiente National Park; where I will be watching the Pee-Wee game. Go little guys!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 09:59 am
Tryagain wrote:
Good morning Muchachos; it is a chilly wet 16 degrees in San Diego this morning; so it's lucky I'm not there!

So Lzzie, whas where my enchilada at eh?
quote]

Yer wanna red sauce or green sauce, and a little cream a? ...

and if yer chilly, com'ere for a group hug! Smile

Missy - awaiting full detailed Dixie-gal report about the Dixie-boys Very Happy
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:07 pm
We won the toss and we were the Home Team...just not meant to be though. We did what we normally do which is get behind right off the bat. That is normal so it did not worry me. But we couldn't get back into the game. They fought hard and even though we beat this team once before we just couldn't get ahead. So they won the championship. But let me just say - the boys were so gracious and though I saw some teary eyes no one broke down...I brought silly string and they got to spray each other down anyway...and had a wonderful time doing it...they left the field with smiles on their faces and that is the way it should be.

I will say I struggled as much as I ever have at hiding my disappointment but heck...it's a character builder. I feel I have ever so much more than I did this morning! :wink:

The Professor just took them all to get icecream so I am having a quiet moment at home...and I am loving it.

I hope you all have a lovely weekend.

Thanks for all of your thoughts Izzie, Dutchy and Try - and everyone! I did tell the boys you were rooting for them.

(((HUGS)))
Missy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 01:20 pm
Oh Missy - your Dixie Boys are still the BEST - win or lose

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Dixie20Boys.png

Sure they will love ice-cream with PaPaDixie - so enjoy a few mins free time xxxx
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 02:05 pm
Thank you Izzie...it is very nice. Enjoying it immensley.

I am going to get some things done...
xxxx
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 03:05 pm
At times like that, turn to Rudyard Kipling:

If -

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you;
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or, being lied about, don't deal in lies,
Or, being hated, don't give way to hating,
And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise;

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;
If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to broken,
And stoop and build 'em up with wornout tools;

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: "Hold on";

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with kings - nor lose the common touch;
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you;
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds' worth of distance run -
Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,
And - which is more - you'll be a Man my son!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 03:08 pm
Yep!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 03:22 pm
Good morning all, also very crispy here but I'm getting myself going with a hot cuppa. Sorry about the loss mismi, but what the heck, after all it is only a game, something else will come up and fancy their interest. My team lost too yesterday but after a few rum and cokes it didn't matter anymore. Your boys had their ice cream and they would have been happy with that. You all haved a great weekend too.

Buonos noches to our South American gaucho, you're a long way from home try, did your sheep stray that far, or is it you that has strayed? Don't forget to find you're way home you are sorely missed here.

Well Captain how did the little bloke settle down, sleeping soundly? Good to see you up and about still, where is the WW, haven't seen here around. Power would have been restored by now?

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 03:28 pm
Hey BEAgle

Little fella is sleeping here.

Tulip has got a few problems with British Telecom being completely awful and she has no phone line or internet at the moment. However, I assure you she is well and her Mom is down at the moment for half term. I'll let her know you were asking after her. Hope to see her tomorrow or Monday.

Wishing you a wonderful Sunday hun x
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 04:40 pm
Goodmorning motely crew Smile Not so cold this morning - going to be a lovely day. Sorry about the loss of the game Missy. Morning Try (haven't seen the pink one for a while) Smile Morning Dutchy - sorry about your game - hubby has tickets to corporate box at telstradome for game here starting at four o'clock and is pestering the hell out of me to go with him. Even bribing me with a nice lunch out first. I have done twenty years of going to the games with him and told him two years ago that was the last. But I can see I am going to get nagged all day. Morning Dev and morning Izzieliz - how are the tootsies after their run in ????
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 04:49 pm
Good morning ddxx. Don't be mean, if I were you I'd accept the lunch and go and enjoy the Bulldogs play the Kangaroos, should be a good game. Laughing
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 24 May, 2008 05:15 pm
Hey Indeedee

Good to see you girlie. Toots are fine thanku - they enjoyed hitting the accelerator across the moors - but the ankle wasn't too keen on being in the drive position! However, I can drive short distances so that's coco. Have gotta go back and see another consultant with my surgeon and have some orthotics made Crying or Very sad However, it could be a lot worse so I am tapdancing around at the moment and taking a few more steps forward.

Little fella came home today to stay, now that I can get him to the school bus in the mornings. He's on holiday for the next week and then goes back to school - so we will get to do some stuff together over the half-term break which is happy.

Am pretty tired out these days but the weather is good (unusually so) so mebbe we will get to the beach this week.

Hope all is good with you and yours Smile
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/08/2024 at 10:33:48