"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

wandeljw

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 08:45 am
I love a peaceful thread to go to.

Let me tell you a cute story about my eight year-old daughter. This week her school has been having elections for new officers of their PTA (parent-teacher association). At dinner my daughter told me, "Do you know what PTA stands for? 'Parents Talk Alot'!"
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 08:46 am
(((((Mismi)))))

Hey girl, maybe I could swing on over to your place tomorrow night and pick you up on the way Very Happy

We could have a girls night out on the town and let our hair down. In fact, the whole crew could chip in for a limo and we could all go.
Personally, if I don't have to drive, I'm getting plastered Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 08:47 am
wandeljw wrote:

Let me tell you a cute story about my eight year-old daughter. This week her school has been having elections for new officers of their PTA (parent-teacher association). At dinner my daughter told me, "Do you know what PTA stands for? 'Parents Talk Alot'!"

I love it Laughing
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 08:51 am
wandeljw wrote:

THAT is precious...and true..bless her sweet little heart!

Take a cab Montana...have a piece of paper with your address on it just in case - all you have to do is hand it over to him. Make sure you safety pin the key into your pocket or something... :wink: I'm kidding

MIght want to wear an extra layer of clothes too...just in case

heh heh heh...
come get me...limo sounds exactly like what we need...and a few drinks
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:15 am
wandeljw wrote:

Laughing Too funny, jw.

Morning all -- just stopping by to wish the captain luck on her appointment today. gonna keep my toots crossed too.

mismi, -- you are a girl after my own heart. Here it is after 10:00 and I'm telling myself to hit the big red X in the upper corner of the browser and get focused on work.

OK --- Time for me to put my blinders on and get on with it.

In the meantime I hope those on deck have a happy day and smooth seas.

Smooth Sailing - Ella
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:16 am
Wooooo Hooooooo!!!!

Hey, if I could get a cab, I'd take one. The only cab in town keeps changing his # and by the time I was able to track him down, the night would be over Laughing

Won't be drinking much to lack of cab, but I do have a lotto ticket for tomorrows 27 million jackpot, so I may just get that limo after all Very Happy

A girl can dream ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:18 am
I even have my eyes crossed for the captain and am hoping it's a good appointment.

((((((((Izzie))))))))
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:23 am
What DOES PTA stand for?

Don't leave me hanging.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:24 am
Oh. I see Wandel had parenthetically explained it. I must be more observant in the future.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:36 am
Good morning crew, almost 1,30am and time to hit the sack. Have waited for the Captain to show up after her Hospital appointment but obviously it took longer than expected. Hope all went well Izzie, will no doubt catch you in the morning, you all have a great day.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 09:46 am
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
Oh. I see Wandel had parenthetically explained it. I must be more observant in the future.

Welcome on board, Gus. Izzie is the captain on this ship.

Izzie: I hope your appointment went well.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 10:06 am
Yabber dabber doo! Greetings to all! and Welcome, gus- you old coot!
Wandel, LOVED your story - out of the mouths of babes, eh? Have 9 yr. old myself, ain't it the truth!
JPB, lovely to see you. And I totally know what you mean, mis-! I was where you are just a couple a years back! Heck, I'll hook up with Mon- and we'll show you a good time out with the girls - remember those?! Whatta ya say, Mon-? Woo-hoo!!
Hello and good-bye to Dutch-. Sleep tight!
Brooke-y! I'm procrastinatin' too, but at least I'm ready for class tonight! AND I want to negotiate the $$$ deal Try- got for school. I think we're getting screwed, honey!
Verb-, you are from a beautiful place indeed! Couldn't help googling it! I am the queen, you know, to include - googling!
Great to see you, as always, captain Iz-. Hope the appointment gives you the thumbs up to get behind the wheel. (Keep meaning to ask you what does 'coco' mean? I assume something like terrific or good or something?)
And yes, Alex, got up early just to give you a cheer! Hope your day is fabulous! As well as the rest of ya!
I may yabber later. (I usually find a way...) but then again maybe I'll actually accomplish some of my impossible-to-do-in-a-day to do list!
xo
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 10:15 am
Well HOWDY DOODY EVERYBODY

OMG Shocked

WHAT HAS HAPPENED Shocked

UNCLE GUS - YOU HAVE FINALLY FOUND THE SHIP.

Well about bloody time too. How long does it take to jump across a few crocs in the swamp and jump on here a?

So pleased to have you aboard you 'ole coot - and yep, we're certainly riding some waves today?

Wandel - I wanna hug that little girl of your's - she's the best little leader of cheers we have on here - bless her little heart.

Gals - OH - I NEED A CUPPA TEA Razz
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 10:24 am
I need to come on board and take a break. Captain, permission to come on board?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 10:24 am
Woooo Hooooo, Dev is in for a night out on the town. We're gonna show these country folk around these parts how to throw a real party :-D

YeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaa!!!!

Hey Izzie, are you in girl?

We're gonna need Gus, no doubt, so put away the lawn tractor Gus and I'll be by with the limo. This ones on me :-D
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 10:26 am
Like my new sig line, Montana?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 10:28 am
TTH wrote:
I need to come on board and take a break. Captain, permission to come on board?
Is that a yes or no?
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 10:33 am
I am just going to come on board and take that break. Captain if you disagree I will walk the plank. If you can catch me that is.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 10:49 am
Oh Gus Laughing
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Thu 22 May, 2008 10:53 am
TTH - I have been making a cup of tea which was very much needed, and far more pressing than the threads, so was not around to answer your question.

I don't believe I have ever referred to myself as the Captain of this ship (possiby - but I have tried to avoid ever saying the words as I do not consider myself better or above any of the crew) and no-one needs permission for anything on here - the crew call me Captain and that is a massive, massive honour for me and for which I am grateful and hugely respect and accept "The Captaincy" in the manner in which it was bestowed. It actually makes me feel very cared for and well-liked. (Thanku Crew! You Are The Very Best). However, everyone here is an equal - always have been and always will be.

I'm an author of a thread - one that was put together to help me personally and all the people who I consider "internet friends" and real friends too jumped aboard to have a bit of laugh and talk about the every day mundane too - TryAgain being the first person to jump aboard (which I also considered an honour) followed by a lot of other good folk who I choose to call my friends.

Anyone is welcome - this is the internet!!!!!!!! It's not my house and doesn't belong to me. Jump aboard whenever you wish. Nobody walks a plank here - and we are not a "Ship Of Fools" (thats a song!) so.... please - you do not need my permission to do anything. As with anyone else on A2K - people are free to roam on any thread they wish.

People here are good. There are good people on A2K. That's what I see. That's what I appreciate. That's all I am interested in.

Now I shall drink my tea.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/09/2024 at 08:19:48