"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

devriesj

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:08 pm
Laughing Depends on the reference, my dear. :wink: I'm a sucker for a guy with a killer sense of humor!
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:08 pm
Hey - I had 2 early nites - before 2am.... it's 1.07am - it's still early Rolling Eyes

(have got to try and go to sleep soon.....

yada yada yada......)
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:11 pm
Perhaps these might be useful?:
http://www.antennamag.com/online/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/nytol-quick-caps.jpg
Or are more drastic measures necessary? Shocked
http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/150216_lg.jpg
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:17 pm
Oh yep - I take my potion every nite - then eventually fall asleep - meet the 'ole dreamcatcher and KNOW that one day, a prince is gonna come along and waken me with a kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Razz (yeah right!)

Hey - then I'll be able to sleep!

Haven't slept for years girl - got used to now! Oh... but so gonna have to go to bed earlier when I go back to work. Shocked
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:20 pm
Hello to Izzie, and Dutchy, deedeexx, tth, devriesj, mismi..and everyone else.
Back to the grind today. Suprisingly, everything was in order. No chaos. Now that I think about it, today was great.
Mismi, I started my trip in Missouri. (pronounced misery)Buried one, postponed one, because, of another one. Purposely being vague.
Stayed in a hotel which was located next to a farm. Chickens, donkeys, horses,...you name it. Every morning at about four, the donkey would hee haw. One morning I went outside to shush it, and it rolled over onto its back, in a gesture of playfulness. I told him he was redonkulous.
Have a nice evening.
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:21 pm
Been there, done that, girlie. Had insomnia for years, til I worked some demon or other out. It still affects me, but not as much as it did. Also been the queen of insomnia! Once spent 4 or 5 days (can't remember exactly) without sleep. And NOT on purpose, I promise you! Talk about a waking nightmare!! Shocked
Oh, that's right, work - ooh, and driving again. Where do you work?
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:25 pm
Oh, alex, hello! Was posting as you were! Lol on your trip story! AND I'm a sucker for a pun! Laughing Glad you're back and that things are right side up. Used to live near a pig farm. Hope you were down wind of the place!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:28 pm
The Eagle is leaving the nest for a while, I bid you all 'au revoi' until I return later on.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:29 pm
Dev - Work in the middle of nowhere in a country Primary School. (46 kids - that's it!) which is the coolest job! Oh - I might get to drive at the weekend...... it's looking promising! See the surgeon tomorrow - so - toots crossed and all that Very Happy
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:30 pm
Must do the same. Son has want of the computer, and so I acquiesce.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:32 pm
In answer to your question the trips are all vacation. At least that is the intent. Sometimes they are work outs. Nice to see you alex, loved the donkey story Laughing
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:32 pm
That DOES sound cool, Iz-! I love working with kids! And yeah on the possibility of driving this week end - hope it happens for ya! Do we have to strong arm the car away from your mum or will she give it up quietly? :wink:
Must go for a little while, possum!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:52 pm
alex240101 wrote:
Hello to Izzie, and Dutchy, deedeexx, tth, devriesj, mismi..and everyone else.
Back to the grind today. Suprisingly, everything was in order. No chaos. Now that I think about it, today was great.
Mismi, I started my trip in Missouri. (pronounced misery)Buried one, postponed one, because, of another one. Purposely being vague.
Stayed in a hotel which was located next to a farm. Chickens, donkeys, horses,...you name it. Every morning at about four, the donkey would hee haw. One morning I went outside to shush it, and it rolled over onto its back, in a gesture of playfulness. I told him he was redonkulous.
Have a nice evening.

Oh and here I thought you were going to tell me something unusual about the south :wink:

good to see you back.

Hiya Dev...how's your day been?

I am not nearly done with the darn lego thingy. My eyes are bleary and I cannot believe that I am actually trying to finish it.

I have GOT to feed the kids and get them in the bed and get this house back into some semblance of order....amazing what my little boys do while I am focused on something else. Need to crack the whip and get them to clean up what they messed up. So....crackin'

This is probably it for me tonight folks. I feel flat. Going to bed as soon as get them settled!

Hugs to all
mis
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 06:55 pm
Night all....I am outta here Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 07:33 pm
Ship's Log

Busy day onboard with Missy taking the helm having woken at some unearthly hour of the morning in Dixie-land. Shocked Indeedee and the BEAgle took the helm after DD massaged the BEAgles back with a good ashiatsu, Tulip and TTHun jumped aboard, Dev had a poorly Thing2 and our Vegemite showed us again how lovely she is. Smile

Missy has been doing making boys toys and organising party time for the Dixie-boys last day at school tomorrow in the hot South whilst our Ozy's are going through a cold spell but the BEAgle will break out in a sweat with his spade no doubt - and dropping an envelope to be delivered by the Hound Of the Baskervilles when his gadget snapsit!. TTHun is planning further vacations (how lucky are you) whilst our handsome Alex has returned from his trip away. Good to have you back with your friends hunni. Very Happy

I'm off to a visit back to the hospital tomorrow so will be on and off the deck but I'm wishing everyone a wonderful day tomorrow after hopefully a good sleep by all…

Our permanent crew who are on shoreleave for the moment - know we're smooching you - RH-DJ (miss & love ya), JPB,(just… love you) TC,(hope things are better and you are doing k hun), Stevie, (well done the U's) Babbling (not long to go girlie - work hard - proud of you), Stormy (thinking of you always), ((Wandel)), BigRed ((back)), (FQsis - bean self), ((RK)) and our Full Monty ((((strong deal))))… and of course our Blue Cool Twisted Evil Pink babies- love you. Smile

So wherever y'all are, and whatever you're doing - our thoughts are with you and happy days to you.

Onsominiac watch to automated pilot and then helm to the Ozzies.

Sleep well.

Crew you are the very best Smile
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 08:58 pm
We feel the same about you....

Cant' sleep...must find a way to turn off brain - without consuming calories - i.e. - no wine or beer - dammit.

Just lookin' around...

Izzie - you know we feel the ABSOLUTE same about you hun. :wink:
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 09:12 pm
Hi mismi, just after noon here, didn't expect anybody around this time, but nice to see you even if you're sleepy. The Captain must be in dreamland as I can't raise her, bless her, she needs her rest. Important day for her tomorrow. Wishing her all the best and will thinking of her.
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 11:53 pm
Hi Izziee..u could actually make life one beautiful painting cant u? Will miss you dearie..hope life is kool and s-baby and r-baby are doing fine.and u taking proper care of ur legs?

TTH it made me smile to read ab ur trip to Nevada - that was one place in America i had a hard time to learnd to pronounce - ne'vada - my trainer would go on and on..I worked a couple of months in a call centre when i had broken my limbs and couldnt do aything else Confused

Dev & Beagle thnks for th kind words..wished i cud have made a difference though...

mismi..thnk ull turn out to be a sports champion too by th time ur kids grow up to be that..

Going home has set me in a nostalgic mood..so here I am yabbering away more than ever...
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 11:55 pm
Just a few hours more .from the hot crowded metro to my cool soothing native. I wrote the word home in the place of native more than a couple of times..but somehow untrue matters jst doesnt fit in. Ofcourse i have the greenery there to welcome me, the calm life to relax me, the cool air to embrace me. what more can i wish for. I used to have endless arguements with my husband that God is a supernatural power that helps you to take control of yourself. It is not a person to whom you ask for something and blame him if he doesnt gives you. But here I am wishing so earnestly that if only things were just normal. If only I could walk home with Eby. Not much - just a tea in the steps..overseeing the rain and paddy fields. Just to see my brother taking him in his bike to the nearby shops or perhaps them having the local toddy in the fields together.They could get along very well u know my bro and eby if only they tried - coz my bro is a scorpion and eby is a leo - strong brotherly relation is possible. Somehow it seems a distant dream and today a track off normality seems normal to me. Mumbai may be described crowded and hectic by many including me..but now i should admit this city helps you to stay sane. What Mumbai gives me is a morning hustle, toil till evening and the relief that your day is over in the night...Nope am off to the greener patch and owww..How i envy Eby for the way he is pampered at home. Each special treats the loving parents keep aside for him, i envy as a deprived sibling.Just dreaming how it wil be if we could stay in our home too. Now this is what you call Insanity!!! Love isnt a crime and banning from home for the sake of marrying a person u loved isnt fair. But call it insanity when I miss that person who imposed such rules on me.when.I feel for him tht i bruised his emotions. One of my friend just commented he doesnt knw how it is to miss a sibling coz he doesnt hav one..i sarcastically remarked "one whom u wish wasnt there to share your chocolates in childhood and whom you make sure is not there to share your land in youth" that's what the world talks abt him now!! Its insanity to wish u could just sit and serve him dinner and hear him talk of those achievements..to wash his bike for him, to fight for him with dad, to complain and cry to him that its too long he bought a dress..Ooo i pity those who doesnt know what siblings are for..those tears i spilled infront of dad for him to get better shoes..for him to be spared from his beatings are nt just childhood stupidity its a feeling u carry in your heart through your life just coz you know he is your blood..that's what resurfaces when today anyone criticizes and u rise up to his defense.

Anyways..lemme be insane for a while and breathe in the freshness of the air that beckons me for now..
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 21 May, 2008 11:57 pm
Hi verbivore nice to see you, keep on yabbering, I like listening to you. What are you going to do on your trip away?
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/09/2024 at 12:17:37