"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Dutchy

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:10 pm
Good morning ddxx, how are you, very nippy here this morning. Have seen plenty of that footpath art, been sent to me from overseas, just amazing and so real.
0 Replies

deedeexx

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:13 pm
Good morning beagle, a little brisk here but going to be a lovely day. Yeah his art is fantastic. Like to see some more of Brooke's art too.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:16 pm
Yes me too, she is an incredible artist just like you, lots of talent on the ship mefeels.
btw. finished my Colossus, no need to take it with me now. Laughing

From the Captain, she is having computer problems ddxx, she will be back with you as soon as she can.
0 Replies

rainkeeper

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:23 pm
Hello there.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:25 pm
rainkeeper wrote:
Hello there.

Are you lost for words this late in the evening rainkeeper, usually you are full of beans :wink:
0 Replies

rainkeeper

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:27 pm
^
Very Happy
Aye!

Did that lobster scare the barnacles off of anyone else?

Where be my wonderful captain Izzie?
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:29 pm
Hi rainkeeper you'll never scare me off. :wink:

The Captain is having computer problems right now but hopes to be back shortly.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 05:37 pm
Yeah girlie - just been on his website - OMG - that picture of him is ...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/jumenur.jpg

I would love see him doing it for real - could sit and watch for hours. How do people get that vision...... well, you 'n Babbling know - just fabulous.

I'm doing good - body is falling apart - ha - have you ever since the movie "Death Becomes Her" - well - that'll be me FQsis

Death Becomes Her (1992) is a darkly comic fantasy film directed by Robert Zemeckis and starring Goldie Hawn, Meryl Streep and Bruce Willis. It won an Academy Award for Best Visual Effects.

Plot
Actress Madeline Ashton (Meryl Streep) and writer Helen Sharp (Goldie Hawn) are longtime rivals "Mad" and "Hel". Helen's life falls apart when glamorous Madeline steals Helen's fiancé, plastic surgeon Ernest Menville (Bruce Willis), and marries him. Helen, now an obese, depressed woman, becomes obsessed with revenge.

Fourteen years later, Madeline struggles with her fading looks and bygone acting career, Ernest is a high-end mortician and an alcoholic, and Helen has become an established author with her book "Forever Young". When Madeline and Helen meet again at Helen's book-signing party, Helen appears miraculously rejuvenated, thin, and youthful.

A jealous Madeline resorts to the aid of the mysterious Lisle von Rhoman (Isabella Rossellini), who claims she has discovered the secret of eternal youth. She offers Madeline a potion to reverse the process of aging, on condition that, after 10 years, Madeline must disappear from the public eye forever to protect Lisle's secret. Madeline purchases the potion at a very high price. Lisle warns her to take perfect care of her new body.

Meanwhile Helen seduces Ernest and reveals to him a detailed and foolproof plot to kill Madeline, by faking a drunk driving accident. After some initial qualms, Ernest agrees to the conspiracy.

Back home, Madeline is confronted by an angry Ernest, whom she rejects in her newly restored youth and confidence. He loses control and pushes her down their grand staircase. Madeline breaks her neck but survives, with her neck twisted backwards.

After literally getting her head on straight, Madeline is rushed to the emergency room, where the doctor (an unbilled Sydney Pollack) dies of a heart attack after realizing that her physical body has died, even though she is still walking and talking. Returning home, Ernest uses his mortician skills to restore the natural good looks of his wife.

Helen reappears at their home to bury Madeline - whom she thinks is dead - in Death Valley. A livid Madeline overhears the plot, and then confronts Helen with a single shotgun blast to the stomach. However, despite having a large gaping hole blown into her abdomen, Helen does not die: she was also a customer of Lisle's. As the two undead rivals fight (failing to do any real damage or even inflict pain on each other), Ernest decides to leave them both forever.

Eventually reconciling their differences, Madeline and Helen beg Ernest to repair their incredibly damaged bodies. But Ernest's repairs are only temporary: Madeline and Helen will need Ernest to perform routine maintenance to their bodies forever. They then conspire to make Ernest drink the potion as well, knocking him unconscious and taking him to Lisle. Although Lisle makes an impassioned argument, Ernest refuses the potion. As he flees through Lisle's labyrinthine mansion, he encounters many celebrities generally assumed to be dead, including Marilyn Monroe, Greta Garbo, Andy Warhol, Elvis Presley, James Dean and Jim Morrison. He manages to destroy the potion, survives a high fall, and escapes for good. With Ernest gone, Helen and Madeline realize, much to their chagrin, that they are now forced to take care of each other for all eternity.

Thirty-seven years later, Ernest had died; Madeline and Helen attend his funeral, using veils to cover their horribly deteriorated forms. Ernest is eulogized as having lived a good life, accomplishing much more in his mortal lifespan than Helen and Madeline are ever likely to do in their self-centered immortality. Throughout the service, Madeline and Helen continue to bicker endlessly, and mock the priest when he describes Ernest as having attained eternal life and youth through his good works.

Leaving the service, Helen slips on a can of spray paint at the top of a large stairway, and takes Madeline down with her. They tumble down the stairs and literally shatter into pieces at the bottom.

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/Death_Becomes_Her.jpg

It's hysterical - FQ and I (don't normally do comedy films but ADORE these actresses and the boy) often talk about when we are 106 - in our nursing home wheel chairs with a built up foot, heads on backwards and piecing one another together with make-up polyfiller. So us! Brill film - Brucey 'aint bad either!!!! :wink:

RAINKEEPER - you kept the rain for us today. Thanku.. Where've you been at. Missed you too yesterday. Working hard a? x

K - laptop on fire again - need to reboooooooooooooot AGAIN. Be right back - hope ya can wait a few mins.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 06:33 pm
Boy, that pole was sure cold when I got started, but I had it warmed up in no time. I think I'm getting the hang of it :-D
0 Replies

rainkeeper

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 06:36 pm
Montyyyyyyy! Very Happy
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 06:39 pm
Rainkeeperrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :-D
0 Replies

rainkeeper

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 06:58 pm
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RrGBELTMRQU
Johnny Be Good!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:01 pm
Woooo Hooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!

<Montana jumps off the pole and does the twist>
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:03 pm
Montana wrote:
Boy, that pole was sure cold when I got started, but I had it warmed up in no time. I think I'm getting the hang of it :-D

Fantastic performance Montana, my eyes are still drooling. Rainkeeper is playing Johnny be good, I ask you, can I live up to that? :wink:
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:24 pm
BEAgle be good - HA - I DON'T THINK SO!

Hey did he realise Montana you were wearing the traditional May Pole Dancing dress!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/may.jpg

can't imagine what else he coulda been thinking a????? :wink: Rolling Eyes Laughing

(oh hey - the pic I was about to upload next to BEAgle- PhotoBucket has put a big red cross on Embarrassed kinda feel like I've had my wrist slapped by the laptop. Maybe that's why it keeps melting a?

Nevermind BEAgle -TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOO BAAAAAAAAD A??????? LOL
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:29 pm
Hello Hello!

How is everyone? I am tired...but good. G-baby had his party and it was wonderful. He had a lovely time. Very excited about being the center of attention. He had a blue cake...I mean the cake part was blue and the icing was white...just like one from Robbie Rotten in Lazy Town (Google it).

VBV! Thank you for the chocolate cake for him...you are so sweet and thoughtful! He LOVES chocolate (gets that honest from his Mom).

I am about to go get jammies on and drink my wine and lounge before going to bed. We have a game at 8:15 in the morning...which means we have to be at the park at 7:15 -EARLY - s'okay..we'll make it.

I haven't read a lot today so I am out of touch...please forgive me...I hope you all are well and hopefully I will catch up and visit with you all tomorrow...

Hugs,
mis
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:35 pm
Dutchy wrote:
Montana wrote:

Fantastic performance Montana, my eyes are still drooling. Rainkeeper is playing Johnny be good, I ask you, can I live up to that? :wink:

Yup, you sure can ;-)
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:37 pm
lzzie, I couldn't imagine what he was thinking Laughing

Mismi,
Sleep well girl and throw me some of that cake, will ya :-D
0 Replies

rainkeeper

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 07:41 pm
*Waves To Mismi* Smile
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Fri 2 May, 2008 08:05 pm
Waves to all you beautiful ladies I'm going to miss you after tomorrow. Letting you guess what I was thinking Montana. Laughing
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/13/2024 at 10:28:57