"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Tryagain

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 08:55 am
Thank y’all for you messages of concern, but I can assure you that I was no where near the avalanche that occurred in the Massif des Ecrins, south-west of Grenoble today. And for those that wish I had been… Achtung, Spitfeuer!

You may haf von zee vor, but you lost an Empire… Just sayin’.

Talking about twin peaks and I don’t mean Missy’s assets, I am sorry to interrupt your celebrations when you thought I had made a typological error in the spelling of the name of one of my mountaineering heroes, but I can categorically assure y’all that the spelling of Conrad Fulke Thomond O’Brien-ffrench, Marquis de Castelhomond is correct. There really are two ‘ff’ (lower case) in ffrench.

I may be somewhat jealous of Roger’s sexual proclivity and voracious appetite, but I can assure you that there is a big difference between a crampon and a crampion. Just try traversing a glacier with a crampion!!!

I know y’all sneer at my medical qualifications and the State of Tennessee totally refuses to issue a certificate of practice, even though I can prove I bought them over the internet for $19.99 from a highly reputable Chinese institution; Yewmast Beejokin

Bee that as it may, I want to flag up the results of my latest survey.

How many people have YOU 'indirectly' had sex with?

Average number of sexual partners is 9.
Using the theory of 6 degrees of separation experts calculate that means the average person has 'indirectly slept' with 3,917,918 people.

But importantly it's not just your direct partners that you have to worry about, but your partners' partners, and their partners' partners, and so on. They are indirect sexual connections…

So be warned, there is a difference between, cling on and Klingon!

Dear Found Soul, I am sorry for boasting about affording a motel after getting’ hitched. The truth is that by custom, after seein’ the preacher y’all take your cousin back to your parent’s house and have a family shindig with duelling banjos and roast hog.

I am sorry that you will be so tired that on the day that y’all will have to go to bed early and miss all the fun!

You have a good time, yew here.

Izzy (with a Y) I am so sorry to learn of your recent sad loss. I send my sincere sympathies and hope fond memories will ease the pain.

izzythepush

Reply Tue 15 Sep, 2015 09:04 am
@Tryagain,
Thank you, it's just one of those things, could be a lot worse.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 01:39 pm
Hi sweet folksies, thank you for all your advice about how I can control my addiction to brake fluid, but I can assure y’all I can stop any time!

Remember when you come to a fork in the road to take it because It’s déjà vu all over again! As y’all may know I was fascinated by numbers ever since I heard Yogi Berra say, ‘Baseball is 90 percent mental. The other half is physical.’

So you can imagine my excitement when I discovered the Inuit have 50 words for snow. However this pales into insignificance when compared to the Scots who apparently have over 400 words to describe the white stuff.

Therefore iffin y’all hear words such as…

“snaw” and “sneesl”, meaning to begin to rain or snow, and “skelf”, a large snowflake. “feefle” (to swirl, as of snow round a corner), “flindrikin” (a slight snow shower), “spitters” (small drops or flakes of wind-driven rain or snow) or “snaw-pouther” (fine driving snow). “Feuchter” is defined as “to fall lightly, to come down in odd flakes”, “snaw-ghast” is an apparition seen in the snow, and “blin-drift” it means drifting snow…

I simply loved my time in Scotland, although nobody goes there anymore, It’s far too crowded and if you can’t imitate them, don’t copy them.

I want to thank everybody for making this day necessary.

Lawrence Peter "Yogi" Berra (May 12, 1925 – September 22, 2015)
Izzie

Reply Thu 24 Sep, 2015 04:47 pm
@Tryagain,
"snaw-ghast" Mr. Green

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-V1nG6zb2sGg/VgRmq8v_VfI/AAAAAAAApw0/x4uw97EQUkI/s800-Ic42/snaw-ghast.jpg

oh my!

<smooches>
((((Crew))))
Roberta

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 12:05 am
@Izzie,
Izzie querida,

Good to see you. I hope you are well.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 01:33 am
@Izzie,
Was that taken recently? If so, flippin' 'eck!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 01:50 am
@Izzie,
Great! An Izzie sighting.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 02:54 am
@Izzie,
Mmmm, where I am from I never get to see snow, beautiful......

I could be rude........Like I am wondering what that guy is looking at? Like he isn't about to pee in the snow is he?

Smile xx
roger

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 02:58 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Never a tree when you need one.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 12:15 pm
What a way to start my day, I logon and see Lizzie under me…

Er, I mean bellow me, well not that noisy, try below me, yes, that sounds great but blow me down I hope it don’t get mistranslated and come back to bite my ass!

OMG Izzie, you are having a cold summer over there, but I know a Sasquatch when I sees one, that thing is massive and even at that distance towers over that stone wall…

But what I find even more interesting is the shadow cast in the foreground. Clearly not the photographer, a snow ghost possibly!
Even the dawg is running away.

Good to see you too Roberta, I hope you are well and your health is much improved.

Roger is right, where the hell are the trees!

FS you seem to have one thing on your mind!!!
Anyone wood think you were about to git married, or with Roger both above and below, a good rogering at the very least ;p)
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 25 Sep, 2015 05:05 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
Anyone wood think you were about to git married, or with Roger both above and below, a good rogering at the very least ;p)

Haha, sheez I was only talking about something simple not what he would be using to do it ..............Sheeeeeez

Hi Roger Wink
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 10:48 am
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What’s up homies. What’s going down in the hood?

So y’all may know the French get a pretty bad press, which I blame on Bart Simpson calling them, ‘Cheese eating surrender monkeys’. You may also be aware that Saint Crispin's Day falls on 25 October…

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers”

William Shakespeare in Henry V –

Not only that, but the 600 anniversary of the Battle of Agincourt falls on the same date as was The Battle of Springfield, Missouri in 1861 and it was a Union victory and don’t get me started on the Battle of Leyte Gulf, and how many of UUUUUU’s remember the famous Battle of Marais des Cygnes?

Ya, that’s what I thought!

Well, I’ma here to learn ya; the French did indeed win a Naval battle against the British… Oh yes they did and it is the one and only naval victory inscribed on the Arc de Triomphe.

And outta the kindness of someone’s heart and to save you a lifetime searching for it…

It was the Battle of Grand Port, fought off Mauritius* in 1810.

• Or as the French say, ‘Maurice’.

Today's thrilling episode has been brought to you by the letters A and K, and the number 2.

G’day FS I hope all the wedding arrangements are progressing pleasingly and you are working less hours. I thought there would have been a whole lot of chatter amongst the crew about wedding jokes, tips on etiquette and hands off the bridesmaids!

Anyhoo, I still don’t got my invite, so I hope the proceedings will be recorded for later viewing. So delighted for you and wishing you everything you would wish for yourself.

Missy was taking pictures of the Homecoming Parade, I loves me a marching band, but iffin’ y’all are reading Painted House by John Grisham (look away now) The cotton fields flooded so they had to move… worst ending ever!

Group hug (((((((((( )))))))))))

izzythepush

Reply Mon 12 Oct, 2015 12:08 pm
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ What’s up homies. What’s going down in the hood?

So y’all may know the French get a pretty bad press, which I blame on Bart Simpson calling them, ‘Cheese eating surrender monkeys’. You may also be aware that Saint Crispin's Day falls on 25 October…

From this day to the ending of the world,
But we in it shall be remember'd;
We few, we happy few, we band of brothers”

William Shakespeare in Henry V –

And, as if on cue, on tonight's local news.

Quote:
The wreck of a 600-year-old warship which helped Henry V wage war on France is believed to have been found buried in a river.

The Holigost - or Holy Ghost - was one of four "great ships" commissioned by the king in his war against France.

It was spotted in an aerial photograph by historian Dr Ian Friel, in an area of Hampshire's River Hamble described as a medieval breaker's yard.

Historic England said it was a "tangible link" to Henry V.

The Holigost fought in sea battles during the Hundred Years War which broke the French naval power.

Dr Friel identified the wreck when he was revisiting documentary evidence for a book on Henry's navy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-34503044<br />

Btw, It wasn't Bart, it was Groundskeeper Willie.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 13 Oct, 2015 03:08 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
G’day FS I hope all the wedding arrangements are progressing pleasingly and you are working less hours. I thought there would have been a whole lot of chatter amongst the crew about wedding jokes, tips on etiquette and hands off the bridesmaids!

Well I'll be, what a good idea.. I mean there is only 4 weeks to go!!!

Let me start? The Bridesmaid. She happens to be David's daughter, who is 17.5 years old , acts like 22. Lonnnnng blonde hair, bombshell how did she grow up to look so beautiful? Wearing maroon.

I would say hands off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Also being her step-mum and all.

Ms Anna is coming to the wedding with her niece. Quite excited about that.

I am not wearing shoes. Shoes I said, what did you hear? I mean it's grass and all, so I don't want to trip over, imagine that?

So any jokes, tips, etc, well please do tell.

Thank you for asking Try!!! This week I get (2) not 1, (2) dresses as the first one well, it's been 5 months in the making and I still don't believe I will get it, so I opted for option 2, now probably have 2, I guess that makes me the usual Bridezilla. Or is that just impatient. No, maybe it's just being safe?

Sunny weather a little rain, I may be in trouble....... But I don't care! As long as he says yes, I think he will say yes? Smile XX
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 14 Oct, 2015 07:50 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
Missy was taking pictures of the Homecoming Parade, I loves me a marching band

Creeper.

You must be looking over Izzie's shoulder cuz' you wouldn't know that otherwise. Wink
Tryagain

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 06:25 am
@mismi,
Greetings fellow A2K sufferers, I come to ask if the declension of the new generation is a condition of decline or moral deterioration, or (in the grammar of Latin, Greek, and certain other languages) the variation of the form of a noun, pronoun, or adjective, by which its grammatical case, number, and gender are identified?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated, thank you kindly.

I can however assist JW as to why the English word ‘Aircraft’ has no plural, it was simply invented too late and all the ‘s’ characters had been used up.

The Germans by using ‘S’ at the start of the word were reduced to calling their sheep, singular ‘Schaf’ and plural ‘Schafe’, thus endangering the supply of ‘e’s.

As for the English sheep, well over time, the nominative and accusative singular and plural became identical. After all, if you have more than one swine, you still have swine, a successful angler catches fish, whether that means one fish or many.

Next time on A2K we discuss nouns such as News, mathematics and measles and ask, why do they end in ‘s’ if they are singular and do they have a plural?

There was a time long ago back in the day that I thought I may have been wrong, but I was wrong about that…

Until Izzy correctly pointed out an entirely incorrect quotation attributation. I am looking a little pained and completely discombobulated, my only consolation is the fact that the 100 years war was waged from 1337 to 1453. Quid pro quo bro.

Found Soul, what joyous news that Ms Anna will be attending the ceremony, Dutchy would be so delighted. What a very kind soul you are.

No shoes! Great idea, connect direct to Mother Nature. Best wishes for perfect weather.

I don’t wanna rain on your parade but the Australia consulate in San Francisco does not issue new passports - they are forwarded to the embassy in Washington DC, however all passport requests from people in the San Francisco area must be done via the local consulate and can not be sent directly to the embassy!

If you have time, can you sort this anomaly out… thanks.

Mz Mismi rites from the I.R.S. inner sanctum, “You must be looking over Izzie's shoulder cuz' you wouldn't know that otherwise.”

CUZ!

Is that an apocopation of cousin, or a crip term?
People don’t quite understand the word "cuz". Cuz is a term meant for crips to use for gangbanging purposes. For example if a (real) crip sees someone who looks like they might be from a rival gang they will use the word cuz a lot. If that person IS a gangbanger then he'll know that the person saying cuz is a crip.

"Sup cuz! What hood you from cuz?

May I say your intelligence and acumen is only surpassed by your perception and perspicacity, the unusual sighting was in fact down to an optical illusion known as a Fata Morgana - a type of mirage which distorts objects which are far away, something of a leitmotif if you will. Blessings on you and yours from a nephilim of a fallen angel.

Peace out dudes and have a nice day.
mismi

Reply Thu 22 Oct, 2015 03:45 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
Mz Mismi rites from the I.R.S. inner sanctum, “You must be looking over Izzie's shoulder cuz' you wouldn't know that otherwise.”

CUZ!

Is that an apocopation of cousin, or a crip term?
People don’t quite understand the word "cuz". Cuz is a term meant for crips to use for gangbanging purposes. For example if a (real) crip sees someone who looks like they might be from a rival gang they will use the word cuz a lot. If that person IS a gangbanger then he'll know that the person saying cuz is a crip.

"Sup cuz! What hood you from cuz?

May I say your intelligence and acumen is only surpassed by your perception and perspicacity, the unusual sighting was in fact down to an optical illusion known as a Fata Morgana - a type of mirage which distorts objects which are far away, something of a leitmotif if you will. Blessings on you and yours from a nephilim of a fallen angel.

I really am not very smart. I used to try. It was exhausting. I am from a long, proud line of rednecks that use "cuz" too...so what do you expect? Razz

I read your post once then read it again and decided just to own up to the fact I have no idea what you said instead of putting something vague that might be construed as understanding.

But I adore you anyway...

I have always enjoyed difficult men.

Best Wishes Foundie...

xoxoxoxox
Tryagain

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 12:56 pm
@mismi,
Oh Missie, did you call me a licit duff, or are we having a lucid tiff?

Oh well, they are both as difficult.

We have been shooting the breeze and schmoozing for the last eight years and in all that time you have never explained to me the difference between a Hurricane, Cyclone and a Typhoon!

Do you not think this may be the moment to disrobe and lay bare your soul and utter those immortal words…

https://youtu.be/y8AWFf7EAc4

Sesame Street according to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Hurricanes, typhoons and cyclones are all part of the same weather phenomenon but different names are used depending on where the storms are formed.

In the Atlantic and Northeast Pacific, the term “hurricane” is used. The same type of disturbance in the Northwest Pacific is called a “typhoon” and “cyclones” occur in the South Pacific and Indian Ocean.

Please note all viewers will be charged an affiliate fee for the intellectual property rights.

Vote Hillary Diane Rodham –

Time for lunch… have a great weekend folks. X
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 03:03 pm
@mismi,
Thanks lovely Smile x Should see my house!!!

And, Try... I told Ms Anna that the Bling, Boss Cup picture that was stuck on my camera, refused to down load any time, ever.... down loaded, the day after Kia died. She just said " well you are a witch". She's still in good form ~~~
ossobuco

Reply Fri 23 Oct, 2015 04:49 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I'm still often following here, still wishing peeps well, but I flag on knowing whens and wheres and whats.
So I'll just ask - - when is the Wedding, you two?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 05/17/2024 at 10:12:36