"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Tryagain

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 05:34 am
Good morning dear sweet friends, as y’all know the word ‘nunatak’ is an Inuit word meaning an exposed, often rocky element of a ridge, mountain, or peak not covered with ice or snow within an ice field or glacier.

However if I asked what does the word, ‘Scherenschnitte’ mean; would you be surprised that a search shows there are over 142,000 results. I mean, come on, I can’t even spell scherenschnitte, never mind pronounce it.

In answer to your question about what is the oldest law still in force…

A rather old set of laws still in force, are the canons promulgated by the First Ecumenical Council in Nicaea of 325. There were twenty canons of which some were later amended while others are still in force in the Christian Church.

One of the canons was Canon 1 for the prohibition of self-castration for Christians.

So no weenie’s on toast if you please!

I would also like to take this opportunity if I may to edukate y’all…

Coffee is made from beans!

While it is widely believed that coffee comes from 'coffee beans', it is actually made from a seed which is called a bean.

Peanuts are a type of nut!

Unbelievably, peanuts, along with beans and peas, actually belong to the single plant family, Leguminosae.

The forbidden fruit mentioned in the Book of Genesis is an apple

The bible never mentions the forbidden fruit was an apple!

Frankenstein was the name of the monster in Mary Shelley's book 'Frankenstein'!

Frankenstein was the name of the monster's creator.

Let's sum it up. You can be modeled as a deterministic or nondeterministic transducer with an accepting syntax that can be diagonalized, or complemented by logical self-negation.

Dearest Tulip, thru the wonders of the internet I must say how wonderful you looked at the birthday bash and G boy has turned into a fine looking young man. I wish you a speedy recovery and may the She spirit watch over you.

Now let me thank most profusely the very kind soul who gave me a ‘thumbs up’, so very kind; please make yourself known to my minders and I will gladly add you to our free naturist weekend.

To each and all, lots of stuff and more stuff.

Ps. G’day Izzzie, may the good fairy sprinkle stardust on your sweet bippy.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 4 Jun, 2015 05:47 am
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

Frankenstein was the name of the monster's creator.

Wasn't Frankenstein the real monster after all?
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:12 am
G’day Izzy sport, may I compliment you on your astute and judicious sentiment. You raise a most interesting question, but can anyone who creates life truly be a monster?

I’m not sure that is a line I’m willing to cross; but…

US President Barack Obama and Secretary of State Clinton probably knew the phrase when they said in 2012 that if the Syrians used chemical weapons it would be "a red line for us".

Of red line the best-known use is the "Thin Red Line" of the 1854 Battle of Balaclava - though WH Russell actually called the heroic stand of the 93rd Highlanders "a thin red streak tipped with a line of steel".

But using "line" for a limit which another person must not cross is such an obvious metaphor that it could be coined again tomorrow by someone who knew none of its past associations.

In March 1836, the Alamo was surrounded by the Mexican Army, which raised a "No Quarter" flag, promising death to all defenders. Travis, the Texan commander, drew a line in the sand with his sword. He asked the defenders to cross over it, and thereby pledge to fight (and presumably die) in the Alamo.

All did, except Louis "Moses" Rose, known as the Coward of the Alamo; needless to say, he was French… Sacré bleu!

BTW those words are actually never used by the French. An English equivalent would be "Oh my God!." Similarly to its English counterpart, it was once considered very offensive. "Sacré bleu" literally means "sacred blue," but it is supposed to be "sacré Dieu" or "sacred God." "Bleu" replaces "Dieu" in order to avoid the vulgarity of explicitly using the name of God.
Amen

Under the terms agreed between my lawyers and those representing Missy, I would like to apologize for any embarrassment caused when she attended our naturist w/e in the ‘Emperors New Clothes’.

The disparity arose due to the inconsistency of Google translate, which should have printed. ‘Naturalist’ not naturist.

Cute rack nevertheless.

Have a great weekend y’all. x

izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Jun, 2015 05:23 am
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:
In March 1836, the Alamo was surrounded by the Mexican Army, which raised a "No Quarter" flag, promising death to all defenders. Travis, the Texan commander, drew a line in the sand with his sword. He asked the defenders to cross over it, and thereby pledge to fight (and presumably die) in the Alamo.

Was that the first line dance?

0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2015 08:59 am
My dear Izzy, you are indeed a guy of many talents, I am glad that humor is among them.

I must admit to being somewhat hasty in banning the girls from posting due in part to their boisterous lascivious and flirty precocious exaltations.

I therefore repent and beg forgivness…

14 For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. 15 But if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins.

Matthew 6:14-15

As you may know, among my favorite Korean dishes is (p’ajŏn, pajeon), which usually shows up on North American menus as Pa Jun and it's often compared to pizza, and in Japan to okonomiyaki.

But Jun refers to a much thinner egg batter for quick pan-frying than the batter used in either pizza or okonomiyaki. (In Hawai‘i and parts of the West Coast, you can also find meat jun.)

A rough translation from the Japanese Wikipedia is as follows:

In Japan, chijimi and pajon (are often confused, but pajon is actually jon ) that uses green onions (pa,). Jon, in turn, is a type of puchimuge (called chijimi in Kyongsang Province). There are other types of jon that use kimchee (kimuchijon), potato (kamujajon), or seafood (hemurujon).

My bit of nostalgia-driven culinary fieldwork seem to indicate that Kyongsang-style chijimi more closely resembles Osaka-style Japanese okonomiyaki than does pajon, because that style of chijimi has both a thicker batter and a milder dipping sauce.

If chijimi is ever served with mayonnaise, well, that would add an even more decisive factor. The essential difference seems to lie in the batter. Jon uses a lighter egg batter for quick frying, while chijimi uses a heavier batter thickened with more flour.

Or as Confucius said, ‘Real knowledge is to know the extent of one’s ignorance.’ So inn an effort to learn y’all sommat; did you know that the word ‘sua’ is the third-person singular present indicative form of suar?

BTW does anyone know the best (read easiest/quickest) way of getting the shell off a hard boiled egg?

Thank ewe.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 11 Jun, 2015 09:06 am
@Tryagain,
Tryagain

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 12:19 pm
OMG it works!

Thank you Izzy, you are indeed a font of knowledge.

I’m sorry it took so long to get back to ya, but I never post at the weekend.

However, the answer as to why does the letter "k" represent 1,000?

I think you will find it stands for "kilo". In the metric system, prefixes are used to denote amounts.

Milli=0.001
Centi=0.01
Deci=0.1
Deca=10
Hecta=100
Kilo=1,000

I would also like to take this opportunity to point out (and I know it will come as a shock and bitter disappointment to K’s of folks, and I’m not a surgeon, merely the mail man)…

Izzie didn’t say she was gonna have collagen implants!

I know, I know, a real anti-climax!

What she did in fact say was, “She was going to college in pants.”…

The weather is apparently hot over in Britland and due to global warming, they have what’s called a ‘summer’ every once in a while. I hope that cools the ardor.

And for all you entomologists and lexicographers out there who may argue that ‘Ardor’ should be spelt ‘Ardour’, may I refer you to the Latin ārdor from ārdēre to burn.

Which only goes to show, you can lead a horse to water, but a pencil must be lead.

And before y’all criticize me for not commenting on the Magna Carta thread; its just business doing pleasure with uuuuu’s.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 13 Jun, 2015 08:34 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
I must admit to being somewhat hasty in banning the girls from posting due in part to their boisterous lascivious and flirty precocious exaltations.

whatever

like you banning a girl would keep them from posting

Rolling Eyes

Hi y'all...

It's hot out there. Hoping you are staying cool and sweet.

Went to the Bahamas and had an amazing time. Stunning place. And I do believe that is what heaven looks like.

hugs and kisses
mis

mismi

Reply Mon 15 Jun, 2015 05:52 am
@mismi,
Ok...I was tippling as Rockhead likes to call it...
But really...I just suck at grammar.

Razz
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 06:04 pm
Did you know that Granny Panties are making a comeback?

Thought it was interesting.

http://www.aol.com/article/2015/06/24/full-bottomed-granny-panties-are-making-a-comeback/21200585/
chai2

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 08:32 pm
@mismi,
This is wonderful news mismi. Now I can consider myself a trendsetter.

Granny Panties rock.
ehBeth

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2015 08:42 pm
Granny panties at Tryagain's naturist weekend.

hmmmm

Send photos.
mismi

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:08 pm
@chai2,
Yeah baby...comfy and nothing to pick out of your crack.

http://i548.photobucket.com/albums/ii336/KrissyT/GP/grannylogo2.jpg
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:09 pm
@ehBeth,
Razz Seriously...

made me laugh.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 29 Jun, 2015 12:15 pm
Screw those who don't think they're sexy.

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc375/nategangstercoolboy22521/grandmalflipingoff.jpg
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 12:06 pm
As I sit fingering my komboloi, it is clear that this homily is somewhat otiose.

However I do take issue with those who are making a wine faux pas by pronouncing the 't' in Merlot and Pinot Noir. However, while many people believe putting red wine in the refrigerator is completely wrong, I would like to point out that certain light fruity reds for example from Beaujolais and the Loire Valley are often served chilled.

Some people tend to match red wine with red meat, and white wine with white meat and fish, but finding the perfect pairing is also influenced by the flavours and sauce present.

A dish such as rustic tomato chicken stew would work well with a fruity red, whereas a fragrant Greek lamb dish with lemons and olives would naturally suit a white wine. Just sayin’.

One thing I'd like to add to this is that the Cherokee, Choctaw, Chickasaw, Seminole, Catawba, and Creek tribes all fought for the Confederacy. These were all tribes displaced by the American government and forced to walk the Trail of Tears to Oklahoma.

Guess which flag they considered a symbol of hate; should we get rid of our nation's flag due to this racism, slavery and oppression of indigenous peoples?

I see y’all are making fun of those of us who wear ‘granny’ pants! Well, I for one love the comfort and space afforded by the ease of movement as I can walk two paces before the pants catch up… unlike the thongs worn by Mismi!

Although I must say I enjoyed the photographs of her vacation to tropical isles on Facepage and those red framed glasses look so sexy on her ;o)

I was kinda planning a weekend vacation at a luxury hotel, but I need to reserve a parking space and using Google Earth Maps I can see the parking lot but there is a vehicle parked over the bay number I want.

The numbers I can see are:

16 / 06 / 68 / 88 / ? / 98

Before I call the desk, what number is ?

Thanking you in advance.

Happy Fourth of July people!
CalamityJane

Reply Sat 4 Jul, 2015 01:16 pm
Answer: 87
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 07:10 am
@Tryagain,
I know you aren't supposed to put red wine in the fridge with the salad and stuff...but it's summer. It just needs to be cooler down here ya' know?

Quote:
Although I must say I enjoyed the photographs of her vacation to tropical isles on Facepage and those red framed glasses look so sexy on her ;o)

Thong, th- thong thong thong...You know. The Thong Song. Razz

I think I need to start using higher sun protection. I have a few wrinkles

hugs y'all
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 07:08 pm
Hi. I hope everyone is having a great summer! Watch out for that sun mismi..no premature wrinkles! Are your boys playing baseball this summer?
mismi

Reply Tue 7 Jul, 2015 08:27 pm
@Stormwatch,
Hi Stormy! Good to see you! We just finished our last tournament last weekend. The 15 year olds won theirs. My 12 year old's team came in 4th. Sad

Oh well. Wink I am so glad we are done though! As much as I love it...I love having my summer back!

How about you?

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 08:16:56