"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Stormwatch

Reply Wed 8 Jul, 2015 02:00 pm
@mismi,
Congrats to the twins, that's awesome!

I'm having baseball depression/withdrawal. N is in college now, and he is on the team there. They played April into May and then they are done. That was exciting, but now summer is here and I have no baseball to go to...so sad. I don't know what to do with all of my time. He's too old for the local leagues, too young for the men's league in NH. He was asked to play and was put on the roster of a VT men's league, but all of the games are on Sunday and he works every Sunday. I do believe Im taking it harder than he is!

Enjoy every minute of your boys while they are young.

I'll have more time to sit by the pool and drink margaritas.

Enjoy your summer!
mismi

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 04:38 pm
@Stormwatch,
Ummm....the sitting by the pool drinking Margaritas sounds lovely. Nothing to thumb your nose at there. Wink

I am trying to enjoy them while I still have them Stormy. And of course I do - mostly. They are driving now. I have learned I cannot have one in the driver's seat and the other in the back seat. The one in the back seat provides unwanted criticisms and the one driving cannot resist arguing. We landed in a neighbor's yard (not kidding - wish I was) during one bout. I have since learned to just take them one at a time and if we are all in the car no one but me gets to drive. Seriously thinking about getting on Xanax when they are driving. Wink
glitterbag

Reply Thu 9 Jul, 2015 06:03 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkWISKfgqZ0[/youtube]

I can't believe I've been peeling eggs the hard way for so many flipping years. Izzy, thank you so much. I'll report back when I try it, hopefully I can make that method work for me. Cheers
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Mon 13 Jul, 2015 06:30 am
@mismi,
Yikes, Mismi, two of them learning to drive at the same time. I'm sure there's so much more to that than just keeping the car on the road. I'll keep you in my prayers! My two were 6 years apart so I had time to regain my composure and dye the gray hairs between the two learning. Stay safe!!

We just celebrated their birthdays this weekend. N turned 20 on Saturday, and H turned 26 on Sunday. It's amazing how I can feel so much older in just one weekend. Drunk
mismi

Reply Thu 16 Jul, 2015 08:12 am
@Stormwatch,
Wow Stormy. I am starting to understand though. It just seems to go faster the older they get. All prayers appreciated! Wink

Hugs and Kisses to you and yours!
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 19 Jul, 2015 03:55 pm
G’day folks, or as we say down here; Magnum vectigal est parsimonia:
Frugality is a great income…

Edit [Modlerator]: Cacophony removed

Dear C-J, it is so atypical to find such a combination of beauty and brains, you are absolutely correct in your answer to the worlds most puzzling paradoxical enigma mystery puzzle. I should at this juncture confess the fact that 6th graders take on average eleven seconds to correctly answer the question… and I took almost two minutes!!!

May you have no ‘white bits’ when you sunbathe.

Hi Stormy, feeling your pain, how I would love to be doing the Macarena with you by the pool https://youtu.be/XiBYM6g8Tck

Crikey mate, now they have decided to tax banana growers .75cents for every kg of bananas grown, farmers receive No subsidies, bananas the world most consumed fruit (and Australia has some of the largest plantations in the World), so the Government slaps a .75cents kg tax on them! Strewth bloody crikey, the next thing you know will be the Brit’s winning back the ashes! It’s been a hard day; toss me a Fosters mate.

As y’all may know, I have a thesis to submit on William Byrd (Virginia), diary extracts (1709-1712).

Can anyone suggest what is meant by the opening sentence; did he upset his wife on purpose and sought reconciliation with a ‘rogered’, if so, what is a rogered?

“January 1, 1712. I lay abed till 9 o’clock this morning to bring my wife into temper again and rogered her by way of reconciliation. I read nothing because Mr. Mumford was here, nor did I say my prayers, for the same reason. However I ate boiled milk for breakfast, and after my wife tempted me to eat some pancakes with her…”

In another extract he writes…

“I read two chapters in Hebrew and some Greek in Thucydides. I said my prayers and ate boiled milk for breakfast. I danced my dance. I read a sermon in Dr. Tillotson and then took a little [nap]. I ate fish for dinner. In the afternoon my wife and I had a little quarrel which I reconciled with a flourish. Then she read a sermon in Dr. Tillotson to me. It is to be observed that the flourish was performed on the billiard table.”

Can I assume the ‘flourish’ he preformed on the billiard table was some kind of dance?

Thanking you in anticipation.

May I congratulate Tulip in raising F boy to manhood, and with his health restored the world awaits. I also hope you too are recovering well and your new dog is settling in.

I am sorry Mismi the Thong song is absent from my repertoire, however if you twerk some, I’ma sure it will jog my memory.

Now all I need is a culinary update from Glitterbag and I can relax.

Ps. Congrats to Australia for their big win against England in the cricket at Lords, Dutchy must be smiling.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 10:36 am
What? Thong Song not in your repertoire? You are either really old or really young...

I doubt it is the really young one. Wink But you know what they say...youth is wasted on the young....doesn't mean you aren't youthful. :p

I don't twerk.
mismi

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 12:56 pm
@mismi,
Quote:
Can anyone suggest what is meant by the opening sentence; did he upset his wife on purpose and sought reconciliation with a ‘rogered’, if so, what is a rogered?

I know what "rogering" someone is. And it can be done on a billiard table...maybe not so comfortably though. It works well at making up with someone when done right. Razz
roger

Reply Mon 20 Jul, 2015 08:55 pm
@mismi,
Out of respect, Moondoggy always spelled it with a d. He may have been before your time, but I bet you would have loved him.
margo

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 01:34 pm
Moony has a big presence on Facebook these days.
roger

Reply Tue 21 Jul, 2015 02:59 pm
@margo,
I have no presence there at all.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 03:42 pm
@roger,
Well, I keep telling you to get your small azz over there Wink

Hey, long time no drop in.... It's the wedding's fault. Having some fun arranging it all only 3.3 months to go and I shall be well quite funny really, a "Key" ... mmm have to think about that one.

Hope everyone is fantastic congrats Mis Smile
lmur

Reply Wed 22 Jul, 2015 04:27 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Hmm, it's a mysterkey for sure.
mismi

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 06:28 am
@roger,
Quote:
Out of respect, Moondoggy always spelled it with a d. He may have been before your time, but I bet you would have loved him.

I bet I would have too, roger. I don't use "rodgering" much. Wink but I do know what it means. I am trying to think of what I do use in place of it. huh. Rodgering may be the better word to use actually. Shocked
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 24 Jul, 2015 06:29 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thanks Foundie.

Good luck with all of the arrangements. Smile
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:35 pm
@lmur,
Quote:
mysterkey

haha, very clever in-deed Imur Wink
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 03:36 pm
@mismi,
Thanks, lovely.

It's fun, I think Wink
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 25 Jul, 2015 04:14 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FOUND SOUL wrote:

Hey, long time no drop in.... It's the wedding's fault. Having some fun arranging it all only 3.3 months to go and I shall be well quite funny really, a "Key" ... mmm have to think about that one.

Wedding? What wedding? Do you mean it's all over? And does he know about, well, us?

Sorry for so many questions at once, but this is kind of sudden.
Izzie

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 04:20 am
Y'all make me smile...

Of course, y'all don't know how important you all are in my life so instead of me just thinking it, I want to tell you...

Each and everyone of you make such a difference to so many folk... But especially to me and mine. Thank you.

Missy... Sales of granny pants have gone through the roof. I would take out stocks and shares in them but I think sharing granny pants is a no no 😉.

I also thought of visiting the milliner... Heck, the crew will need hats for the upcoming nuptials of FS and her chef... Wooohoooo for the preparations and celebrations ahead.

I was thinking of this little number

http://s3.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/3EB2FDE1.jpg

and naturally, we'll deck the ship out with flowers

http://www.linksempire.com/pics/flowers-ship-painting.jpg

Sending all the best to everyone as they go about their business. Happy days to you all.

Me, I'm off to to the garden and living my dream (campions, daisies, honeysuckle and a babbling brook)

Hugs to you all ((((crew))))

Smooches Blue xox x

ossobuco

Reply Fri 31 Jul, 2015 06:57 am
@Izzie,
Smiles from me to see you post, and I'm also smiling at the fine hat.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 05/07/2024 at 09:50:11