LOL! wandel - i did like that dig at Tryagain Razz
0 Replies

FBM

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 01:50 am
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

awwww! Just like old times.

Wanna see my ankle bracelet?

What did you do to deserve house arrest?

Wink j/k
roger

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 03:57 am
@FBM,
Love it.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 08:37 am
Oh my goodness, I see we had a rowdy crowd in last night; well, all the angels in heaven couldn’t assuage my delight to see so many dear sweet folks connected in one way or another.

I know y’all think my job as the Grim Reaper is a bit of a dead end job with no long-term prospects… But it does offer the opportunity to keep in touch with future clients.

For example, what links Verby, Margo, Da Bunny, Izzy, (& his daughter) JW, Missy, FBM, Tulip, Danny, Found Soul and myself (to name but a few)?

Well, it all started at the Raffles Hotel Singapore, some say it is the world's greatest hotel, I say it is a home from home; anyways, I was about to savour Singapore’s sensous signature dish of Chilli crab. What makes this dish so special is its sensuous, sweet yet savoury sauce, created with a base of chilli and tomato sauces which will electrify your palate and satisfy your taste buds…

When conversation turned toward why most people think Buddha was Chinese, when he was in fact born in India as a Former Buddhist Monk well knows, but it was Izzy’s daughter who actually went to China and Izzy has lunched with Tulip who works with a woman whose husband I have met and my contact had placed an order with a print company who had an employee who met Verby.

Margo, who I almost met but was asleep in the restaurant (another time sweetie) knows Da Bunny who I have seen in a bubble filled bath, wearing nothing but a smile and according to Danny, Found Soul’s partner cooks the best Chinese style food in Australia and in one of our last conversations he asked me if I had given Missy the ankle bracelet … I declined to answer in the affirmative, but I did say I would love to give her one!

Izzy’s reference to a ‘Ruby Murray’ was not as you might suppose a reference to:

Ruby, Don't Take Your Love to Town http://youtu.be/MCjzhDrlTJ8

By Kenny Rogers who once sang a duet with Dolly Parton and they make a cute pair…butt he was speaking in ‘Cockney’ a language of Olde England where they refer to everyday objects in rhyme. So Ruby Murray becomes ‘Curry’ and originates from the land of the Buddha.

Should you want to use a cell phone in London, don’t ask for a ‘Flowery Dell’ because that is a Police Cell! You ask for a ‘Dog and Bone’ = phone. A cup of tea is a ‘Rosey Lee, or if you prefer something a little stronger, you can go down to the ‘Rub a dub dub’ village pub… Just be carful iffin y’all ask for a ‘Ginger Beer’!!! And do take care where you do a ‘Jimmy Riddle’.

Now who wants to see a picture of Missy wearing nothing but an ankle bracelet on her slinky nakkid …err, leg?

Next time on the A2K channel: Duelin’ banjos; squeal like a pig… as the Devil went down to Georgia.

ossobuco

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 09:09 am
@Tryagain,
Oh, and osso eats some chile pepper (New Mexico spelling of chili) just about every day, not because it's said to have health benefits but because she just loves it and also uses turmeric often, because she has a jar and there are health murmurings and she has cut down on salt, and turmeric is in some curry mixes.
She has some wonderful silver bracelets but foregoes wearing them on her ankles.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 05:56 pm
@FBM,
Quote:
What did you do to deserve house arrest?

Wink j/k

HA! Well...I could tell ya' but then I'd have to kill ya'.

Shocked Mebbe kidding...mebbe not. Razz

Wink
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 3 Mar, 2015 05:58 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
nakkid

That's nekkid. Razz

Don't be making fun of the kinfolk up on Sand Mountain...
verbivore

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 02:22 am
@mismi,
whoa!! that TryAgain! was a exhaustive list of how we are connected!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 16 Mar, 2015 05:17 pm
@Tryagain,
Well, well... What a connection!

I think it's appropriate to insert Dolly Parton at this stage :-

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l302/mumikat/039_24976Dolly-Parton-Posters.jpg

Danny was "mistaken" I am the QUEEN of Asian cooking, David is the King of not sure really? Too many, he wants a French Restaurant Smile Though his versions of Rick Stein's food is amazing....Plus he can produce "normal food" Smile

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/shop%20jetty%20road%203%20jetty%20and%20food%20006.jpg

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/shop%20jetty%20road%203%20jetty%20and%20food%20005.jpg

His few tales of you Try.... ahahaha, no not really, he thought you were "terrific"...... I guess he's right!!!!

But as for being the Grim Reaper, nooooooooooooooo I will never be a future client of yours, ever, ever, ever!!!

We could have a virtual dinner together? It may mean that Missy has to wear that ankle bracelet though and prove it by posting the picture here Wink
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 07:46 am
Good morning yabberfolk.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 03:30 pm
Dear sweet fiends, I have a confession to make…

I am so ashamed of my excess libations marking St Patrick's Day commemorations, even to the extent of missing the traditional dyeing of the Chicago River festivities in Illinois.

My recovery is usually swift and sure due to the ‘hair of the dog’ remedy, however the dawg this time would not play ball and kept chasin’ the Frisbee.

Then to make matters worse, I just found out St Patrick was a Brit!!! Enough already, first they come over here and burn down the White House and now they are worshipped by the Irish!!!

Did you know the USA does not have a patron saint!!!

But we do have a PATRONESS…

On Dec. 8, 1854, eight years and four months after the American bishops had chosen Mary Immaculate as the Patroness of the United States, Pope Pius IX solemnly declared the Immaculate Conception of the Blessed Virgin Mary to be an article of faith.

Now get this; Official Islamic teachings highly regard the Virgin Mary as both a sublime model of purity and piety. An entire Sura chapter of the Qur'an is dedicated to her nobility, holiness, and fiat obedience to God. Among Islamic circles and discussions, she is often given a prominent status being the supreme feminine model of sanctity and maternal virtue.

I do so hope we can all gather in the sauna later to discuss volume 5 of Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire, by Edward Gibbon and published in 1788.

By an amazing coincidence, Izzy’s soccer team play at Saint Mary’s Stadium and I am quite excited to say that his new novel has reached chapter 30 and is a must read; I hope he will let us all know when we may purchase published copies.

Osso; Vanilla lace is luscious
And chocolate lace divine
But chilli lace
Makes my heart race
Every single time.

FBM, I’ma sure Mismi is Joe King; emerge from your safe room into the light!

“If the problem can be solved why worry? If the problem cannot be solved worrying will do you no good.” – Buddha

Missy sweetie, I am contrite, penitent and repentant over your rebuke; them is fine folk up on Sand Mountain. Why, one of my kin up there invented the toothbrush…

Anyone else would have called it a “Teethbrush”.

Dear Verby, those connections are the tip of the iceberg; there is more, much more… all will be revealed in due time. I hope your application is now progressing in an acceptable fashion.

Hi FS, kudos to you and David. BTW what does his tattoo say?

You are right; you are indeed (as are all witches) impervious to the touch of the Grim Reaper, although beware of the Witch-finder General… Just sayin’.

Ha! Danny actually said I was a Triffid!!!

The name was originally spelled trifid and pronounced "TRY-fid".

“It may mean that Missy has to wear that ankle bracelet though and prove it by posting the picture here.”

I am sure that is exactly what it means, I will get me a Camera Obscura and see what develops !!!

G’day Alex, what’s forty feet long and has only 14 teeth?

Yup, the front row at a Dolly Parton Concert.

What if?

If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,
If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,
But make allowance for their doubting too;
If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,
Or being lied about, don’t deal in lies,
Or being hated, don’t give way to hating,
And yet don’t look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream—and not make dreams your master;
If you can think—and not make thoughts your aim;
If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same;
If you can bear to hear the truth you’ve spoken
Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,
Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,
And stoop and build ’em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings
And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,
And lose, and start again at your beginnings
And never breathe a word about your loss;
If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew
To serve your turn long after they are gone,
And so hold on when there is nothing in you
Except the Will which says to them: ‘Hold on!’

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,
Or walk with Kings—nor lose the common touch,
If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,
If all men count with you, but none too much;
If you can fill the unforgiving minute
With sixty seconds’ worth of distance run,
Yours is the Earth and everything that’s in it,
And—which is more—you’ll be a Man, my son (or daughter)!

British Nobel laureate Rudyard Kipling, written in 1895 and first published in Rewards and Fairies, 1910.

1 Samuel 1:17 – Go in peace

Tryagain

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 03:30 pm
Dear sweet fiends, I have a confession to make…

Whoops!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 19 Mar, 2015 04:08 pm
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:
By an amazing coincidence, Izzy’s soccer team play at Saint Mary’s Stadium and I am quite excited to say that his new novel has reached chapter 30 and is a must read; I hope he will let us all know when we may purchase published copies.

Thank you very much. I had planned on writing 40 chapters, but I think it might go on a bit longer. I'm nearly half way through chapter 31. If anyone is interested the first one is still available.

Praise from you is something I take very highly indeed. Thank you again.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 03:23 pm
@izzythepush,
Dearest Danny, gave me your book Smile I shall start to read it, that's your first book isn't it?
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 03:30 pm
@Tryagain,
Which , Witch, shall you find? I am a Gemini after all Try. That means there are two of me, BUT, Triffid? I may be in trouble, that means that there are (3) of you!!!!!!!!!!!

The tattoo believe it or not spells "PAIGE" his daughter, she didn't like it either as it's hard to read haha.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 04:22 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Yes, but I don't know where you got Danny from.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 20 Mar, 2015 07:38 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Sorry, ignore my last post. I thought you were calling me Danny. I'd just gone to bed, was drifting off to sleep and I remembered. Of course wonderful Dutchy, he's greatly missed. I couldn't sleep until I put that right. The last thing I'd want was anyone to think I was disrespecting his memory.

It's my memory that's the bloody problem.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 03:16 pm
@izzythepush,
Easily done and we know full well you would never disrespect Dutchy, if anything he'd be doing it to "everyone" for a laugh off course Smile He was grateful to get the book, shocked that you thought of him, in a nice way Smile
izzythepush

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 03:19 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thanks.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 21 Mar, 2015 03:20 pm
@Tryagain,
Remember, Saint Patrick did not banish the snakes from Ireland. They really left because of the weather.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 06:22:13