"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Tryagain

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 12:20 pm
Howdy Tulip, Dutchy used to speak about you in exalted terms having both shared a tragic loss, and he foresaw your next decade as the best of your life.

“…I would have gone away alone…”

Sweety, you can’t run away from yourself, move to the edge of your comfort zone, let go and begin to live again. Change begins within; you know this to be true. ((( L )))

You Brits make I laugh, you name all your kids, B boy this and G girl that; in America we give them full first names like, Bo, Cy, Jo, Mo, Ty and Em.

Em!

You’re gonna see Em!!!

With V.I.P. tickets!

You either robbed a bank or took out a home loan!!!

He is such a bad boy… you will all have such a fabulous time. If you get to see him, do remind him that he still owes T.R.Yagain a C-note! He will know what it means.

Enjoy.

Hey, we both write ‘Hugs and stuff’; there is a popular saying amongst Wiccans, "once a witch, always a witch", indicating a belief that Wiccans are the reincarnations of previous witches. You never leave, only change.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 03:25 pm
@annis,
There is nothing wrong with 50, I would know Smile I believe we are called spring chickens again, well Dutchy called me that so I am sticking with it. Ya young annis, young... What ever you do, it will be awesome... If it helps you more, I'm 51 a month before you Wink

17 that's the scary age Smile Soon to be 20 Smile

Quote:
amongst Wiccans, "once a witch, always a witch", indicating a belief that Wiccans are the reincarnations of previous witches. You never leave, only change.

I'm not sure I've changed much Try, though I think I had dark hair in the previous life and I had no idea I was a Wiccan, wait that's white witch right? Though not referring to me there, you do know I am a witch right? Smile

Recipes.

Egg on toast, with sliced tomato, black pepper sprinkled - simple, basic, no dogs involved.
mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 05:27 pm
@Tryagain,
Quote:
Ima sure Missy would have mentioned something in the shower this morning if it had been her birthday ;o)

You missed a spot by the way. Razz

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 20 May, 2014 05:28 pm
@annis,
Quote:
This July I will be 50! Me, 50! oh boy! So am aiming to run away and hide! well actually am going to have a meal in London with my 81 year old Mother and my sister at a very special restaurant, it has opera and is so OTT!

Fifty is not old. And you wear it well Tulip. No way anyone would believe you are 50 girl. Wink Sounds like a lovely birthday you have planned. (((Tulip)))
annis

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 12:48 pm
@Tryagain,
Oh Try! I never thought you as a Wiccan! Well amazing!

yep if we get to meet Em I will mention you!

50 Argh! me 50 scary stuff!

Dutchy, a special person with so may people, he kept me sane at so many times and will never be fogotten. I always test those boundaries in life! But recently those boundaries are testing me!

Us brits are full of those f-boys and s-boys! had a challenging day today!

As usual hugs and stuff! xx
0 Replies

annis

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 12:50 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
FS, 50 is scary for me! But may be a new beginning! Am wishing you well for your 51st!
annis

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 12:51 pm
@mismi,
oh Mismi! That is sweet of you! We hope and pray that this year is a good one! How are you and yours?
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 02:55 pm
@annis,
"WILL" be a new beginning Smile Thank you for your wishes, back at you, though here it will be winter I believe you will have amazing weather Smile
glitterbag

Reply Thu 22 May, 2014 04:33 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
The only thing that irritated me about turning 50 was the predictable and irritating habit of someone decorating the whole office with black balloons, gifts of prunes, depends, denture tablets with the same stupid jokes over and over about being on a sliding board heading to the cemetery. Every cliche that had ever been voiced, voiced again by someone who was definitely having the time of his/her otherwise crappy ass life.

I dropped a lot of hints that I would be hard pressed to stand and pretend to enjoy any quasi-festive stunt celebrating turning 50. That sounds irritable, and I think I was irritable because I've had to stand around and watch the same circus when any other coworker turned 50. I hated watching it happen to others, but I have to say they were better sports than I would have been. They never seemed to enjoy it, they seemed to endure it.

So, knowing it would be hard to not be a poor sport, I opted to take vacation days prior to and after the birthday target. I had a great time, I was doing things I wanted to do, instead of listening to the same tired excuses for clever. Sorry, Im not good about sharing events in the workplace. I still remember getting ticked the first day I had to transition to maternity clothes (I was 24). Women I barely knew were screaming and hugging me. It was dreadful, I wish I was a better sport about this sort of thing, but unfortunately I'm not.

And by the way, turning 50 was painless. I think getting older gives you a confidence and increased awareness of situations. There is a freedom that you experience when you need to buy a car, you can waltz in and drive a pushy salesman to drink. We were an inch away from buying a particular car about 18 mons. ago. We knew exactly what we wanted, had the funds, should have been easy. The new cars carry a ton of tech gadgets and I was asking the salesman to explain the feature that warns you if you are drifting out of your lane, you know, things like what happens, do lights flash..what happens? He didn't know for sure so he brought the car expert (who appeared to be a unkempt 23 year old) so I asked him "what happens if you drift, what's the tip off?" He talked awkwardly for a time but he still wasn't telling us how the car lets us know when it's in a drift, so when mr. GB asked again, he struggled and gave us this example "you know, like when your playing Grand Theft Auto and like, blah blah blah happens and like your X Box joy stick like wobbles blah blah". At that point I look at my salesman with that WTF expression and all three of us started to laugh, the expert walked away in a huff, but why in Gods name would he think either one of us ever sat down on the floor to play video games. That wasn't the actual game ender, that happened while we we being handled by the sales manager. Well this has gone on too long, I'm going to make dinner and give someone else a chance.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 23 May, 2014 02:59 am
@glitterbag,
Good Lord. I don't know where you work or live but if your colleagues think that turning 50 is old, they need a smack or something. It's prime time ready for different adventures, life.

Getting away before and after sounds like a plan ...

I already posted on FW our 50th.. Joint. Seems to happen with me, partner is always just before or after...

But here in little Adelaide, we bought everyone together including our parents 74 years of age, there about and gave them a taste of Africa with Belly Dancing, with cocktail food and entertainment they had a ball, which I thought they would run but nup...stayed right through it... We finished at 3am at 50!

It's what you make of it............It's what you feel. ... It's what you do.....It's young. http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a591/foundy2/50th054_zps24e54396.jpg

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a591/foundy2/50th093_zps95d693ab.jpg

Someone here, I remember, called me Cyclops once, I remember, so I'll try a different shot Smile

http://i1285.photobucket.com/albums/a591/foundy2/50th165_zpsdd0a7f8e.jpg

Age is but a number, I reckon.

Eh-Beth you would have loved!!! The night.... Good dancing

(((((IZZIE)))) Hope you are ok... Thinking of you.

And, the crew.

annis

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 12:11 pm
Well what happy days! That is tongue in cheek! Been a very bad week! More than one person can cope with! Sorry to sound glum but there it is!

Wishing you all hugs and stuff x
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 25 May, 2014 04:15 pm
@annis,
Sorry to hear this Annis. It's the start almost of the next week. May happiness commence for you.
vonny

Reply Sat 31 May, 2014 04:36 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Is the Yabber-Liner in dry dock at the present time? It's sorely missed Crying or Very sad
mismi

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 06:38 am
@vonny,
It seems to be floundering a bit without Izzie or Dutchy.

It will get back to normal. It's baseball All Star season for me right now and I managed to volunteer for team mom again....not sure how that happens - but we are gone most days all day. It just has two more weeks. I should be more free to post then.

You doing okay Vonny?
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 07:34 am
howdy all

beautiful Sunday morning in the great white north

hope everyone is well
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 1 Jun, 2014 07:43 am
@FOUND SOUL,
That looks like a fabulous party! I hope everybody got up and danced their feet off.

Sunshine-y morning here in Tranna. Working on becoming fully awake. Well, considering it anyways.

Thinking I'd really like one of these

http://weburbanist.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/hammocks-wave.jpg
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 04:02 pm
@ehBeth,
Three in the morning? I think so Wink

Man, I'd kick that guy off in this instance only, that would be all mine, all mine, awesome outdoor bed...
mismi

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 05:17 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
I'd kick that girl off....

I mean - the guy is pretty cute. Wink Razz
but he does match his clothes to his furniture - but so does she. Out they both go!
margo

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 06:46 pm
Greetings, all
It's been a brilliant week or so here in Morocco. We move from Marrakesh to Casablanca today.....but right now its 1.30am and I can't sleep.
Hope all are well.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 2 Jun, 2014 07:27 pm
@margo,
oooh Morocco

I love the music and folkloric dance from Morocco.

(watch at about 2:24)

0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/18/2024 at 12:57:50