"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

vonny

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:49 pm
@Izzie,
Hopes high here too! Love and best wishes to Danny, Anna and Michel
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 04:18 pm
Hi izzy, did you mean Dutchy is able to walk a little?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 04:28 pm
@glitterbag,
No, I was talking about Andrew Marr, who is improving day by day. FS and Izzie are the ones with the latest news, not me.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:05 pm
@izzythepush,
Morning Izzy, (((crew)))

OUR Bosun is being a rebel. Anna is now taking food in daily and he is EATING all of it.. But, he's telling her, "not so much meatballs", yet he ate it all..

Yesterday afternoon after Izzie phoned, he drank a carton of feel good (ice coffee) and ate a banana. As, he was told "he has too"...

He ordered hospital food for lunch but couldn't eat it. Anna tried some of it and she couldn't either, but she wouldn't tell him that. So the ice coffee and banana it was and for dinner, he ate all her food...

He's bossing her around about her car, to ensure she is safe.. She now knows how to put air in tyres Smile

Anna was in awesome spirits as she told the tales. The forever Rebel Danny. We kinda laughed all the way through.. She admitted yesterday of being flat but because he ate (two meals) I think she felt much better by the end of the day...

He is stable... They do not believe they will be able to get it higher, but it is stable and has been for a couple of days. And, they are still going with the plans in place and she is cooking each day for him... He is still sleeping a lot but this is a small start.

Soooo it's a slight improvement but any improvement is a good improvement.

Still putting it out there into the Universe.

Danny calls me a Witch, we all know that. He started it. So, I know he laughed a year ago, so I asked Anna to tell him..."The Witch & crew said eat or else she will fly around your room on her broomstick:" Anna always laughs at the thought of what he calls me, she laughed and said she would.

Hoping that lifts his spirits a bit, to have some humour from this side of the woods to his side of the woods.

Keeping praying and supporting Boson.. He also sat in a chair all be it that he fell asleep...

Keep eating Rebel.

izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 05:42 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
That's wonderful. Long may it continue.
0 Replies

verbivore

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:14 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Ohh Goodness thats such a nice thing to read. prayers and possivibes for him Smile He will fight it out..i knew he would!
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:14 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Stubborn rebels are the best! Positive thoughts still flowing Danny's way.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 06:20 am
@FOUND SOUL,
http://i771.photobucket.com/albums/xx352/LuvH8/Happy%20Dance/happysmiley-1-3.gif
Yay! Praise be,
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Fri 21 Feb, 2014 01:53 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
It's so good to hear that Dutchy has some appetite, and that he's been taking in some food and fluids. It would be wonderful if he could just be able to go home, where he could be in more comfortable, and comforting, surroundings.

My thoughts, and good wishes, continue to be with both Dutchy and his wife.

0 Replies

annis

Reply Sun 23 Feb, 2014 12:05 pm
he is doing what he needs to at the moment! Thank you Izzie and Found Soul for keeping updated! Wishing our Bosun strength and sending lots of love!
Izzie

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 04:02 am
@annis,
Dear Crew

I've been hesitant to write throughout last week as so much has happened with our Danny Boy...

well... this is one time that I am so happy to be able to write.

I heard from our Danny Boy today...

I can't tell you all what that means to me.

10 days ago Anna was told to prepare herself and their family for the worst... since then, though still very weak ... our Danny Boy has found the strength to hold on...

I am so proud to be part of this crew who 'never let go' ... and are holding his hand. Danny knows you are all here and are wishing him well ...

he has a message for each and everyone of you on here and FB...

Please say hi to the crew and thank them all for their kind words of support, I'm so grateful

I had a long talk with Anna on Sunday morning (Oz time) and Danny is eating the food she cooks and takes in to him, so he is gaining a little strength. He desperately wants to go home and be comfortable there.

Danny has been through so much over the past 13 months - and when we all were asked to prepare ourselves, folk shared their thoughts and love for Danny with the world. Danny knows how loved and cared for he is, not only to his family, but to folk he's never met but whom he's spent so much of the last 9 years with and shared his life with.

There are no words to describe how incredible this is.

Danny's not able2write here - he may not be able2 for some time. I'm pretty sure he can't read here either at this time but Anna will help him as and when it may be possible.

I have to say, Danny is still very weak - inasmuch as he's stabilised, his BP is still very low and he's struggling for his breaths. He's not able2 walk, so he will be on wheels. There is no timescale for returning home and much has to be discussed and prepared before this could happen, but this is his wish.

There are still a great many unknowables - however, there is hope and you've all held on to that hope for Danny and his family so please do keep hoping, praying, thinking of him and the family and ... thank you crew, for all that you do...

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk41/LzzieIzzie/0-Australian-Wedge-Tailed-Eagle-2014-Gold-Coin-Shipper_zpsf876df5a.jpg

Love you Danny Boy
http://freeemoticonsandsmileys.com/animated%20emoticons/Love%20Animated%20Emoticons/butterfly%20heart.gif
x

<smiling>
vonny

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 04:20 am
@Izzie,
Wonderful news, Izzie. So good to hear that Danny has managed to rally round and send a message to us all here. He's a truly incredible man - what strength of will to get this far. What an inspiration to us all.

Please convey our love to Danny and Anna - Danny, here's wishing and hoping that the breathing will get easier, the legs will grow stronger, and that all news will be good news from now on. Laughing
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 07:30 am
@Izzie,
Hang on to us all, Danny.

Keep on resting and eating well and let the docs and gorgeous nurses help you.

Love to you and Anna.
verbivore

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 08:41 am
@ehBeth,
BEAgle... just want you back! Right here! I KNEW u would be back..I know you will be very soon! I JUST KNOW THIS! and when you are back you can tease the gals for missing you this much! but be back!
glitterbag

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 12:47 pm
@verbivore,
Great news about Dutchy, slow and steady gets the job done!!!!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 04:08 pm
@Izzie,
Quote:
I am so proud to be part of this crew who 'never let go' ... and are holding his hand

This Smile
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 24 Feb, 2014 07:36 pm
@Izzie,
I think it's so important, for his emotional wellbeing, for Danny to be able to go home and be in comforting surroundings. That's what he wants--and that's what we all want for him. He is very much cared about and loved here, and he has the force of all of our good wishes behind him.

Let's hope our dear dear friend will be able to leave that hospital someday soon.
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/003279443/1023783420_hope4_xlarge.jpeg
verbivore

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 04:31 am
@firefly,
just peeped in - to see if theres any news on the Bosun! praying for him!
0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 09:32 am
@Izzie,
I'm so happy to read some positive news about Danny. He's been through so much but fortunately he is a very determined man! I continue to pray for him to get stronger and better everyday. What a great crew he has here sending prayers and positive thoughts daily.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Tue 25 Feb, 2014 09:46 am
Friends, Romans and Crew, it is with a happy heart that I ruminate that in the future, science will prove that group prayers, thoughts and wishes can reach out to the intended and make positive contribution to their wellbeing.

There was a time when all seemed lost and nothing changed except for the outpouring of support by A2K members for his wellbeing. There can be no doubt that you each made a difference.

Needless to say, both Izzie and FS deserve a special mention for their ‘hands on’ involvement and support. x

For those who believe in God – you will receive your reward in heaven….
The rest of you fine folks may wish to visit my chambre à coucher for more immediate indulgence.

I feel I must add a word of caution to the optimism shown and it is this; after his fall, five staff members were unable to lift him up until a hoist was found. His dear wife will not be able to do what five others could not.

I feel the hospital are being premature in wanting him home before he (or his family) are fully able to cope with his present condition.

Unless a full care and recovery plan is devised and agreed, I cannot see how his wife alone can cope. I hope your combined thoughts can provide an answer.

Ten-four.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 07:02:36