"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 02:34 pm
@Izzie,
Hi (((Izzie))), crew.

He ate ALL his fish.... He's still receiving all the same treatment, still sleeping a lot, up and down with his blood pressure and his family is still surrounding him and supporting him and telling him to keep fighting.

It's still extremely difficult. Anna had a hard time last night but called me, as I'd left a message. As I hung up I could hear another call coming through. She is taking a lot on, but they are all, working on keeping his spirits up, here....

Love and prayers.

Tryagain

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 03:12 pm
G’day all, I am very pleased to be able 2 put your minds at rest and inform y’all that the main man woke and ate all of his fish. His son being a professional deep sea fisherman, and Danny seas food and eats it!

I don’t know if it’s true that he was...
Once a jolly swagman who camped by a billabong
Under the shade of a coolibah tree,
And did he sing as he watched and waited till his billy boiled:
Who'll come a-waltzing Matilda, with me?

Keep going, Sport, and become a medical legend in your own lifetime.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 03:19 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
G’day Sheila, throw another shrimp on the barbie for Danny.
Keep working your magic, you make such a difference.
Hugs and stuff.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 03:24 pm
@Tryagain,
Good morning Try, though I guess I would have to say G'day mate as that's what Danny would do Smile Hugs and stuff back at you. Thanks for giving us such wonderful detailed posts of our Boson ..
Stormwatch

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 05:26 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you Found Soul and Izzie for updates on Dutchy. Continued prayers and positive vibes sent his way.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 06:54 pm
@Stormwatch,
They wrote my Mum off, once. She healed and came back to us.

I'm hoping Dutchy's strong will and plenty of healing sleep will turn him back.

Perhaps it's unduly optimistic.
0 Replies

cherrie

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 02:43 am
This is the first time I've been here for a few days because of bushfires in my area, so have just been catching up on this news.

Dutchy has had so many problems and set-backs with his health and has always managed to bounce back every time. It's hard to believe that this time he might not.

Wishing Dutchy and Anna strength and courage for whatever lies ahead.
verbivore

Reply Mon 17 Feb, 2014 09:02 am
@cherrie,
same here! thanks a lot for all those who are letting know us of the stats! The BEAgle will return with a bang...such a lot of possivibes for him! Miss him more than words can say!
verbivore

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 10:57 am
@verbivore,
any new updates on BEAgle?
Izzie

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 12:05 pm
@verbivore,
Hi Crew

Just to let you know I spoke with Anna this morning (UKtime) and Danny is much the same as before. He's very tired, sleeping most of the time and just awake for a few minutes before falling asleep again.

He asked Anna to bring him a sausage roll - bless him - he did manage to eat that but ... he isn't really eating very much at all and has very little strength. His BP has stabilised for the moment - still extremely low, but not dropping as it was.

There will be a family meeting this week with all Danny's docs so they may have a better idea of prognosis at that stage.

I must repeat, Danny is in no pain at all. He has his family around him and he's holding his own at the moment. Anna tells him that everyone, family and friends, are sending their best wishes and love to him. She's squeezing his hand from us.

We'll keep you posted as best we can. Please keep Danny and Anna in your thoughts and prayers...

x
vonny

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 02:29 pm
@Izzie,
Thank you so much for the latest update Izzie. It does help to know just what's going on.

Good for Danny - he's a real fighter - an incredible man. We're all so proud of him. So glad he isn't in pain - and that his BP has stabilised, even if still low.

Love to you Danny, and to Anna.
0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 18 Feb, 2014 05:14 pm
@Izzie,
Much obliged for the update on our good man. As long as he keeps fighting there is hope. Thoughts and prayers are srnt to him and his loved ones, both family and friends.
verbivore

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 01:15 am
@Sturgis,
loads of prayers and hugs to the bosun...cant wait for him to bounce back to good old days
Izzie

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 04:54 pm
@verbivore,
Hello Crew

Just had a long chat with Anna - she sounded quite tearful today, emotionally drained and trying to keep strong.

Danny and the family have met with the doctors - medically, the hospital have done all they can to restore Danny to health - he is stable and the suggestion is that they try to get him moving with physio. He's very weak so no-one is sure quite how this is going to happen - but that's the suggestion. Danny understands that he has to eat and drink and be able to walk to be able to go home.

I certainly don't know what will happen over the next week but at the moment Danny is hanging on in there and he is continuing to fight for his life.

Please keep Danny, Anna and Michael in your thoughts and prayers. Thank you.
spendius

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 06:10 pm
@Izzie,
There was a well known BBC journalist, Andrew Marr, who allowed himself to be interviewed on Newsnight about his stroke. He said that he spent 6 months in a hospital bed getting his big toe to move and from that he managed to get the whole right side of his body to work again. Sadly not the left.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 19 Feb, 2014 09:22 pm
@Izzie,
Quote:
Danny understands that he has to eat and drink and be able to walk to be able to go home.

And, he's a fighter hey Izz. So, FIGHT DANNY - Eat, drink, take your time with moving bit by bit each day..... You love food.

I often think if we can't do anything? Then PUT IT OUT THERE INTO THE UNIVERSE and I know you do too Izzie as do others. So whilst I continue to pray, I am continuing with putting it out there!!!! FIGHT DANNY... you have two homes...

Love your (crewmates) x
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:21 am
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
Sadly not the left.

So far, he can still walk and he's getting more mobility in his left side with each passing day.
verbivore

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 06:55 am
@izzythepush,
He is a fighter - he will fight
Hes an Eagle - he will soar again
Thanks izza for the updates...heart skips many a beat..as I read it
((((((BEAgle)))))))
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 08:06 am
@Izzie,
Stable is good.

Dear Dutchy - make sure you've got eating, drinking and lots of sleeping/resting on your agenda right now.

Sending love and hugs to you, Anna and your loving family.

Beth
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Thu 20 Feb, 2014 03:44 pm
ahhh...so good to hear.

(((Dear Dutchy))) Hopes are still high.

Thank you Izzie
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 08:28:56