"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 08:13 pm
@jcboy,
I don't know for sure if Danny is still with us, but I will certainly miss him. He truly enjoyed the give and take and many a time I had to stop and laugh out loud at his responses. He obviously enjoyed the witches and the witch wannabes, and as funny as he was he was never sordid or disrespectful. I know I'm not family, but I'm going to miss the Dutchy who made me laugh and had such a puckish sense of humor and great timing. My heart goes out to his family. I hope they know how entertaining he was for us and the genuine affection we fell. This will leave a gaping hole in A2K, but I'm so happy I got a chance to spare with him. I just wish I found him earlier.
0 Replies

spikepipsqueak

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 08:14 pm
@jcboy,
Danny is one of the reasons I drop in occasionally to check that all are OK. This news hurts.

A light heart and a good, kind friend to those who cross his path.

I do not intend to give up hope until all hope is gone. I must believe that great heart may yet surprise us all.

If it must be, I wish him a tranquil passing in the full knowledge of how much he is loved, and my warmest sympathy to Anna and their family, for their great loss.
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 08:27 pm
@jcboy,
I have no right to feel devastated but that's how I feel. I can only imagine the tremendous loss his family is preparing for. I know for his family, I'm just a Yank who enjoyed his humor. Danny's humor was so challenging, it was a party every time he showed up. I just wish I discovered Dutchy earlier. I typed a bunch of words but I cannot state accurately how sad this is. It's selfish of me to dread the idea of him not coming back, he made me laugh, and reminded me of those funny family members who would make you laugh because they were so quick but clean. It will be a terrible loss for his family...the way it's affecting those of us who only know him thru this forum must pale compared to his loved ones. I would love to see him beat this, but if that's impossible may the alternative be painless and peaceful.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Fri 14 Feb, 2014 08:44 pm
@ossobuco,
My thoughts are with you, Danny, and your family.
0 Replies

Butrflynet

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 01:33 am
Izzie

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 05:53 am
Dear Crew

I’ve spoken to Anna this morning (OZ night-time) and she said that Danny had a peaceful day – the doctors have said that he is “hovering”... no knowing which way to go... whilst he sleeps his body doesn’t have to work so hard. He's very tired but he still has a twinkle in his eye when he's awake.

This is such an emotional rollercoaster for Danny’s family – Anna had a very hard day on Thursday coming to terms with the news from the doctors – she now has renewed strength to be with Danny and to support her son - and she has a few very close friends who are there for her.

Danny is still with us

I know, if he were able to read all your messages, that he would be so humbled and not realise how we all feel about him.

He’s asleep for most of the time and wakens just for a few minutes. Love him – he asked Anna to bring “fish” for lunch tomorrow! Only Danny... <smiles>... when Anna told me, I just had to chuckle - bless him.

Anna and Michael have spent the day with him – both separately and together and Danny’s immediate family will be with him the times that Anna can’t be there.

Please keep your thoughts and prayers with Danny and his family ...

and thank you, thank you everyone...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

vonny

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 06:05 am
@Izzie,
Thank you Izzie, so good to have your updates.

My thoughts and prayers are with Danny, Anna and family.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 06:59 am
@Izzie,
I wish I had been here more in the past several months. I continued to include Danny in my prayers, even when I was away from this thread.
PAgrandma

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 08:18 am
@wandeljw,
I'm a relative 'newbie' on A2K...and unfortunately did not have the opportunity to know Danny. The thoughtful words and painful tears shed by his on line 'family' is so genuine and moving. My heart goes out to his family, and all of you during this difficult time.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 11:04 am
https://sp.yimg.com/ib/th?id=H.4750544313452980&pid=15.1
annis

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 12:51 pm
@Tryagain,
Try that is lovely! I only drop in occasionally due to other commitments! But it was Danny and Noddy that always kept me going here! Am feeling so sad, but am glad to have have had that connection with such an amazing person! Danny, you are in our hearts and minds! x
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 02:28 pm
Hi all, Danny continues to defy medical opinion and refuses to give up.

He gave everyone a laugh when he woke up and ordered his favorite fish for supper; not your hospital serving mind you, but home cooked and brought in.

He would be overjoyed to know that he brought a smile to so many, and I can assure you that he places a high value on his A2K friends.
alex240101

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 02:30 pm
You ugly bloke no good crossword beer stealing pool hopping terrible jokester who burnt everything that touched his grill.
Snap to it Dutchy, we are waiting.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 02:48 pm
@Letty,
Smile

I've never seen a man fight so hard in my life or bossing his wife around STILL . I too had a chuckle reading that Izzie, bring me fish... That's Danny....
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 04:18 pm
@Izzie,
Thanks Izzie for the latest news on Sir Danny. I rarely say prayers but today I will be saying prayers for him and his dear family.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 04:27 pm
He's amazing our Dear Dutchy. I will be thrilled when he gets back on here and starts chasing skirts again.
verbivore

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 10:30 pm
@mismi,
I knew..i knew..i knew.. Had hoped against hope! He'll be right here/...for me to taunt him abt him talking about eating tarts and watching birds..
Oh i knew...this! Smile HUGGGG you alll!!! ((((((BEAgle))))
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sat 15 Feb, 2014 10:36 pm
Good grief! Can he recover? How wonderful that would be. Putting in request for his return.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 08:29 am
@Tryagain,
Ha! Good for him. Keeping good thoughts and healing karma flowing.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Sun 16 Feb, 2014 12:44 pm
Oh my! strength my dear! we are here for you!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/01/2024 at 07:46:37