"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

ehBeth

Reply Thu 6 Feb, 2014 08:45 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Waves from downunder.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa302/nybklyn26/animated%20dogs/AnimatedDogswaving.gif
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 10:26 am
@Izzie,
Quote:
it's held together with tree roots at the moment.

That sounds worrying, Izzie, especially with the ghastly weather we're having at the moment. More expected tomorrow too.

Stay safe!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 02:41 pm
@Stormwatch,
Ha. Agree Storm, if he can talk about bird watching, he's getting better. I'll check out the nurses and let you all know what he's watching daily at present Smile

Step by step, excellent Dutchy!

(((IZZIE))), (((VONNY))) and any one else in England, I just managed to check out the link of the BBC News, just now. OMG, such a beautiful place in peaceful times, that looks horrific and quite scary and it's been going on for so long. I didn't realise the BBQ did the magic carpet trick, I "thought" it landed on your back yard from somewhere else... I can't imagine how tired you both must be listening to the winds all night and worrying. Thinking of you .

vonny

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 03:02 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Thanks Foundy - it's not been too bad today - had a window of good weather amidst the days of torrential rain.

Must admit, getting awfully sick of the bad weather! But not as sick as all the poor people who've had to evacuate their homes because of flooding - or the ones whose houses are falling into the sea. Whole communities are cut off by the floods, and people and animals are being rescued even as I write. And a bad storm is forecast for tomorrow - then more storms next week. It is somewhat depressing.

We are lucky in that we are some distance from the nearest river so, barring problems arising from high winds, we ought to be okay. Fingers firmly crosssed!
spendius

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 04:08 pm
@vonny,
It serves you all right vonny for all the jibes made at the weather in Lancashire over the years.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2014 05:08 pm
@spendius,
It doesn't serve anyone right. One of my closest friends lives on the levels, just outside Langport where Sky News have been broadcasting from. If you want to make a joke that's fine, but there's no need to be mean spirited about it.

Southampton goes way back, perched atop Southampton water on a load of hills. I'm high and dry, but nobody deserves to be flooded, (with the possible exception of Portsmouth.)
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 11:32 am
@Dutchy,
Quote:
Hi all. Drs happy with my progress, allowed out of bed every day, they also let me do a few steps once a day, feels good. Pleased I can work my laptop my only contact with the outside world. Miss my trips to the beach now the hot weather is here and do a bit of bird watching. Laughing
Waves from downunder.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. Smile (((Hugs))) (and kisses)
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 03:51 pm
@mismi,
Hey Dutchy (((CREW))), cold has passed enough whereby NO one can catch it, soooooooooo (((HUGS))) are coming your way, today, from (((Izzie))), mhwa and (((everyone here))).... after I have lunch with a Vendor......

So, see ya later Dutchy!!!

Much thoughts to those in and surrounding England.......
Dutchy

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 05:49 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Wonderful news Foundy, look forward seeing you later on today.

Dear mismi hugs from the Bosun, hope you and the Prof. are on the mend.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 8 Feb, 2014 11:44 pm
@Dutchy,
Izzie please note Foundy delivered your hug in person this afternoon, a lovely surprise. Thank you. Smile
vonny

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 05:01 am
@Dutchy,
Great to see you back, Dutchy! Very Happy
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 9 Feb, 2014 10:53 pm
@Dutchy,
Ah we are fine Dear Dutchy. He is much better and I am certainly full of enough vinegar and piss to thumb my nose at whatever. Wink ((((Dutchy))))

Hugs and kisses

as well as to the rest of the crew. I hate being such a no show lately but we are crazy at my house. We are feeling our mid life with fairly young kids. It is wearing me out. But I still love to laugh - and do it quite often. So I shouldn't complain.

((((Izzie)))) My letter is coming. I am sorry I am such a poor correspondent lately.

Hugs you all.
mis
vonny

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 03:34 am
@mismi,
Missed your posts, mismi! Don't be such a stranger - you light up every thread you appear on. Laughing Kids wearing you out - mmm, not really surprised. Pretty big job, whatever your age!
mismi

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 03:52 pm
@vonny,
(((Vonny)))

Thank you! Smile Feel the same about you. How are you holding out in this wintry weather?
vonny

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 04:03 pm
@mismi,
http://l2.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/Q7sGXdiJQx41hKGWKjL1sA--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7Zmk9ZmlsbDtoPTQyMTtweG9mZj01MDtweW9mZj0wO3E9NzU7dz03NDk-/http://media.zenfs.com/en_us/News/ap_webfeeds/036cd18adab22300480f6a7067005def.jpg

England - or a very large part of it - is flooded. Worst and wettest weather for over two hundred and fifty years. I think it's getting to everybody here - there seems no end to it.

But we'll survive - we always do!!! Laughing

mismi

Reply Mon 10 Feb, 2014 06:34 pm
@vonny,
Glad to hear it! Smile We are under a winter storm warning right now. Hardly ever happens this far south - but the boys are out of school tomorrow for it. Smile and me. Smile
Dutchy

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 02:48 am
@mismi,
Thinking of you and yours dear mismi, hope all is going well down south. Would love to take you to Foundy's beach and get us a good sun tan. Wink
(((mismi)))
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 06:33 am
@mismi,
Stay safe, Mis. It's already looking pretty wild out there. Rain event here, but lots of ice between here and where you are.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 01:43 pm
Well just popping in! wet weather is an understatement! we are cut off from the rest of the uk! looks like we maybe an island! All the government is worried about are the people who are connected to the Thames! The floods in the Somerset plains are very bad! I am on a hill but am constantly wet! I have rain water coming in my front door and back! been putting towels under both doors! We now have snow on the moors! I would rather have snow than the constant rain! I wish you all love, hugs and stuff!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 11 Feb, 2014 03:04 pm
@annis,
Sad I just read where the Government did not believe Somerset was ever in a risk area yet people therefore moved there, and were under floods for 10 months, wow...

Thought these pictures may reflect what you are going through Annis...

They sure are thinking of Somerset being an Island now. Wow...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.558083507609805.1073741836.497935103624646&type=1

Be safe..

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 03:11:23