"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

firefly

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 10:19 am
@FOUND SOUL,
I'm so sorry to hear that Dutchy is again hospitalized, and dealing with yet another challenge, and another wrenching decision about his health.

I certainly hope the antibiotics are effective, but, if not, my wish for him would be to have the fortitude and positive outlook to handle whatever may come next. If good vibes can help that to happen, I am sending them his way in abundance.

((((((Dutchy))))))
spendius

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 03:29 pm
@firefly,
I'm sure our good friend Dutch will agree with me that our sympathy for his possible outcome should cause us to give more than a moment's thought to amputees the world over.

There is a great deal an amputee can do today to make life worthwhile and if that is what it takes to save Dutch for a few more Ashes series and years playing Trivia it is a choice I would readily make for myself if there were no others.

Think on the bright side Dutch, if you're reading. Nobody will thump an amputee so you can tell people what you think of them without fear of recriminations. You can sit on the sofa all day reading Jane Austen without being told you're a lazy, idle good-for-nothing in chain-sawese.

We're all rooting for you whatever happens.

0 Replies

Sturgis

Reply Fri 5 Jul, 2013 10:04 pm
Thank you FS for letting us know of Dutchy (and Anna's) latest difficulty. He is a fighter and with well wishes and positive thoughts towards him along with the clearly good medical he has there, should make it through this rough patch.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2013 02:42 am
@Izzie,
Hey lady, her chin is still up Smile She told me as well, that you got through to her and she told Danny..

He's ringing her at night, her in the morning she thinks she has the best deal there Smile She can sleep in......

Love to Anna, her attitude is wonderful. Wait. And, then look at it from there. As well as options.

He had Spag Bol today, "nothing like Anna's" ... But, he was "ok" as it was, sort of at least one of his favourties sort off.

Will call Monday Izzie ... See what the verdict is then....

Thanks for the thanks but I'm the Aussie Messenger .... Much love to both Anna and Dutchy in my thoughts and Davids, lots this weekend....

Izzie

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 02:54 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Good Morning Crew from a sunny and hot England... summer is most certainly upon us and we're hitting a high of 30 deg - fortunately, a tad cooler in the South West.

Massive posivibes to our Bosun - my hoper is on it's highest gear and... i love the Bosun so big - I hope above all that 'that' decision will not become necessary and a solution will be found - most importantly that Danny suffers no pain - Anna has said he isn't in pain so... I hope that will remain so. Thank you KP for letting us know from Down Under...yeppers, I'll be calling Anna again in the morning - I have never more wished to be able to jump on a plane but that is not to be (will get the em-pics to you tonight) - so hoping and praying that the antibiotics will do their thang. Whatever decisions they need to take - we will be with them 100% in spirit ((((((Danny&Anna))))))) xx

Thinking of all the crew...

Today is our POMcTaggers Birthday - wishing him a fabulous day and cupcakes on the deck...

http://www.thecupcakeblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/Scottish-English-Wedding-Cupcakes.jpg

Welcome Bella to the "Eh Family" - so happy to read the news of your new addition Beth ((Bella & Bailey scritches))

must go get ready for a BIG day ahead - my thoughts are with you all, each and everyone who has a place in my heart

near and far...

and finally

well done the LIONS <waves to Margo>

and

C'MON ANDY MURRAY!
mismi

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 07:41 am
@Izzie,
We are pulling for Andy as well Izzie! Having a big Wimbledon party at home this morning. So good seeing you! Love you, you know. (((Izzie)))

We were in Siesta Key for a week and it was beautiful! I got to go with poison ivy all over me. Seriously...I even have it in my belly button I think. Shocked There is nothing like laying on the beach feeling like you have the pox - but oh well. There it is.

Glad to hear Dear Dutchy and his sweet Anna are doing well. Thoughts stay with them both. Praying daily! Thank you FS

How is you Verbs? Give us an update please.

AND....HAPPY BIRTHDAY McT! Have a wonderful day! Big hugs to you!
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4591664718612331&pid=15.1

Hugs to the crew! Love to see all the activity!
mis
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 09:14 am
what mismi said, and here's the song we played for McTag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i15gMKjWD84

McTag is right. Getting old sucks.

hope you'll give us a link to his birthday thread.
Sturgis

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 11:35 am
@Letty,
Quote:
McTag is right. Getting old sucks.

hope you'll give us a link to his birthday thread.

What often happens while getting old is what really sucks. Getting old seems (to me at least) kind of nice...and considering it all, very surprising. Each day offers a new experience (many are pleasant).

Anywhos
Birthday greetings to Ringo, McTag and also tomorrow (though long gone) my late grandfather.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 04:19 pm
I think I finally get it. Mis Izzie didn't create a thread. She just put it on The Yabber Liner along with well wishes to everyone there.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 7 Jul, 2013 04:32 pm
@Letty,
I can't wait to get older, it means retirement, no more work, explore each day, how wonderful that will be!!

Ms Izzie, will check my "fast mail" and get it over to him... Guess we both be calling Anna today, I'll wait till this evening Wink

Mismi, OMG the pox? Wink It's itchy as how long does it last for you poor thing, at least you were laying on a beach getting vitamin D!!!
There has to be a plus right?

Happy Birthday McTag.

Little Puppies, Firefly ? How is your little one going and I can't wait to ready that Vonny got one as well...... Has to be.....

Hugs to all... It's mighty cold this side of the World!!

0 Replies

margo

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 01:09 am
Andy Murray's win is McTaggles birthday gift - couldn't work out how to wrap it, though!

Lions - bah, humbug! (what a bloody fiasco!)

Cricket is coming up.

Had the option today of buying a $150 platinum seat for Sydney test - but decided I'd just as soon watch it on telly - it was for the day after I get home - so I can combine jet lag, aircon and cricket!
Izzie

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:01 am
@margo,
margo wrote:

Andy Murray's win ...

That looks soooooooooo good!

I love Novak - but man, Andy had a cracking game and I am so delighted for him. http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e111/darucahyono/SMILEY/woot.gif

Good Morning Crew

POSITIVE NEW FROM DOWN UNDER

I've just spoken with Anna and the doctors are hopeful that the IV antibiotics are doing some good - the foot IS looking a little better!
They will be doing the angiogram on Thurs/Fri and he will remain in hospital for another week at least... please do keep your positive thoughts and hopes and prayers going for our Bosun. Anna sounded good and strong and much more hopeful of a better outcome - Danny's not enjoying the hospital food, bless him, he just wishes to be at home.

This is good news and let's hope that the next news is even more positive.

Ha! Margo Shelia-Goil - what with the Lions, Andy and <dare I say> The Ashes - not a bad year sportswise for the Brits Wink <heh heh, I know nothing abooot cricket, but MaMa mentioned it yesterday so I'll go with we've got a good chance!>

Letty - ah, POMcTag shares his birthday with my PaPa Cool So that makes it an extra special day to celebrate on the deck.

PaPa turned 75 yesterday, it was a very emotional day for him, and MaMa had her birthday on Wednesday too. We were blessed to be able to be together for this day.

It was also mighty hot yesterday!!!! A tad too hot for us though I musn't complain as summer truly is here. (and far hotter than we've had in many years... oh, how I remember the summer of '76!!!!!!)

((Missy, JPB - love you both so much.))

Wishing the crew a great day ahead and an even better week to come.

Near and far, love

(((((((((((((((((Crew)))))))))))))))))) x
ATMickey

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 08:06 am
Yello, I'm in Beijing China, and BOY is it hot!!! How's everyone doing?????? I found out today I really love babies!!!!!!! ( random but real fact)
I am tired so I'm going to bed soon. LOL Lots of Love,
ATMickey special shout out or type out to wandeljw I MISS YOU AND I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!! Ask me questions about my trip if you want
wandeljw

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 09:18 am
@ATMickey,
ATMickey used an iPad to post that. She and her mother are in Beijing right now.
mismi

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 12:43 pm
@wandeljw,
Sounds like she is have a great time! Sweet girl, she is.

Not the pox FS. Pox is much worse. This is just a little rash. From working in the yard. But it's annoying as hell. Got a shot in my arse and it is much better now.

(((Izzie)))

So happy for Andy Murray. I got teary. We had strawberries and cream while watching the game while pulling for him.

Lovely Sunday
FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 03:56 pm
@mismi,
Hello ATM......... Hope you are having a blast, babies are cute Wink Don't remind me of the weather please, we returned to winter Smile

Mis.........Smile I have "the" most, well, sense of humor , and glad it's not the Pox Smile I hate injections, I had to be bribed to have one up my azzze when 11, a violet crumble was promised and delivered, why didn't the Doctor before that, think of that before breaking it in my arm, as I moved and moved and moved ouch!@

Hello all.. Feeling blessed and happy today....

Keep those feet black free Dutchy !!!!!

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:08 pm
@ATMickey,
Hey Mickey!

Are you taking lots of photos on your trip?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 8 Jul, 2013 04:10 pm
@Izzie,
Dig that Canajun flag! IzzieDad knows how to celebrate Very Happy

Thank you for sharing those pix!

ok DannyBoy keep on keeping on ... sending hugs and smooches
0 Replies

margo

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 09:06 pm
Dad's got the right idea - he knows the rules about cats!

Lions - pah! Well - they were almost all Welsh; Andy Murray is a Scot; and a goodly number of the cricketers come from South Africa!

England - nowhere?!
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2013 09:17 pm
Hi there yabber crew! Just thinking of you all and missing Dear Dutchy.

Have to peek in every once in a while to check on you all!

Hugs and kisses.
mis

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/20/2024 at 01:22:09