"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 04:20 pm
We've gone from winter to summer in two weeks.

Not quite sure what to wear any given day.

Hugs to all the yabberers!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 04:56 pm
@ehBeth,
Needed that hug Wink

Our weather is much the same, but I've learnt that jackets are good at the moment ..................

D's just had a blood test that shows he has too much iron...About to have a second one to confirm... I've googled and it can't be cured, he'll have to stop eating certain things, eat certain things, get his heart monitored over a 24hr period as he has already had heart murmurssssss, and be wary of diabeties.

After he was informed, he texts me daily when working, he said " thank you for loving me", like what? I'm going to leave not marry him, I have a diabetic dog, a recovered cancer dog, little miss who had a liver problem and a stroke and she keep going like an every ready battery well sort of she kept going.... It's life, normal life, we all have something...

Bless.

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 04:58 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
we all have something

love it

big hugs foundygirl
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 3 May, 2013 05:00 pm
@ehBeth,
Thanks (xo)

Georgie ........................

giggles
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 04:10 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Quote:
It's life, normal life, we all have something..

So true, FS. But you seem to cope with D's problems, and those of your animals, and still have time for Dutchy and Anna - is there no end to your love and compassion? Great that there are people like you on board!

Come to think of it, the Yabber-Liner has a pretty magnificent crew - so much love emanating from just one little boat - wow, it's amazing!

I bet Dutchy will be overjoyed to find his crew in such good spirits - from what you and Izzie say, FS, it won't be long now. Great news!

Weather's improving - seas are calming - the cleaning crew must be getting their mops and buckets ready to come on board and start swabbing the decks and polishing the brass - wow, lot of work ahead before the Bosun gets back!
ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 06:45 am
@vonny,
vonny wrote:
Come to think of it, the Yabber-Liner has a pretty magnificent crew - so much love emanating from just one little boat - wow, it's amazing!

it's not amazing

it's

http://www.cruiseabout.com.au/blog-web/wp-content/blogs.dir/15/files/2012/02/love-boat.jpg

<giggle>
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 06:46 am
@vonny,
and if that didn't give you an earworm

mismi

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 09:34 am
@ehBeth,
Ah yes - the love boat it is.

It is 40 degrees down here today. Cold. Yuck. I have already adjusted to warm. Hate change.

I have been with dad for the last week. He has lost so much weight and is quite cranky right now. Which he has a right to be. Good thing I love me some cranky old men. Wink I cooked and froze things for him and mom and spent many hours watching the news with him (and if you know me - that is a huge thing - I abhor the news. Have no clue if it is real or not....feels like a waste of my time). Loved being there with him though. He did get up and get dressed every day I was there - which is huge. He hasn't done that for weeks. But I could tell it wore him out.

Anyway. Reading back. Love hearing your chatter.

(((Izzie))) Love you dear. Thoughts be there with you.

And the rest of you sweet folks.

Missy
ossobuco

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 12:54 pm
@mismi,
Thanks for the update, Miz. Glad you got to do all that for them in this tough situation.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 01:21 pm
@mismi,
Sending loving vibes towards you, mismi. Sounds as if you need a few hugs yourself - not easy when a parent or parents need so much of you. You're doing well, girl, let the sunshine from the Yabber-Liner wash over you and drive that cold away. Understandable that you are a bit up/down/up/down at the moment. So much change and you hate change - not easy for you.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sat 4 May, 2013 02:52 pm
This is the Love Boat, y'all. (love to all of you here)

Here are Allan and Jack to prove it. I still have my Christmas Tree up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uujr05kvGio

verbivore

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 05:48 am
@Letty,
hopping onto the boat and looking for all of you here...esp the BEAgle...coz i read somewhere
they who see you everyday are not the ones who love you
but they who look for you everyday are....
mismi

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 07:14 am
@verbivore,
That is a wonderful post Verbs! Love that - and it is true. Smile
How is your sweet family girl?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 10:28 am
I have to tell you all. Dad's PET scan results show that he is cancer free! There are no more cancer cells in the mass that is still in his abdomen. They will determine what if anything needs to be done with that when he is stronger. This will give him the ability to get his strength back and for his heart to recover from the harsh chemicals. The oncologist, neurologist and cardiologists are all in agreement that he will make a full recovery.

Smile My heart is very happy and I had to share it with you all!

Have a wonderful day precious folks!
annis

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 10:53 am
Just checking how everyone is! Mismi, am pleased to hear Dad is doing well x
Hope all the crew are cruising safe.

No appointment for Fboy yet! Had a call last week to ask if he could have op. this week but he has had a cold for several weeks, so no go, plus I want him to complete his exam which are full on this month.

I now have antibiotics for my ear infection! But had my blood pressure checked, as I have been having some chest pains and it is high, so back to GP next week to retest and if still high, I will have to go every 3 days then possibly an ECG! I did point out I am under a lot of stress! Oh boy! You know when mortality confronts you! Can not leave my kids yet! Sorry to sound pessimistic, but just sometimes we need a break! Am sure all will be fine!

Anyhow hope all is well with you and yours! Hugs to all
Xx

izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 10:58 am
@annis,
Have you tried beetroot juice? I'm drinking a glass a day.

Quote:
Drinking a cup of beetroot juice can lower blood pressure, researchers say.

Drinking 250ml (8oz) cut high blood pressure readings by 10mm of mercury (mmHg) in a study of 15 patients, bringing some into the normal range, the journal Hypertension reports.

Most marked after three to six hours, the effect was detectable a day later.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-22152901
annis

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 11:24 am
@izzythepush,
No I have not tried that! Do you make your own?
vonny

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 12:15 pm
@mismi,
That's wonderful news, mismi. You must be very happy and relieved. Hopefully, your father will get stronger with each and every day that comes. So happy for you!
izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 01:45 pm
@annis,
No I buy it from Asda. I first went to Holland and Barretts, £4.99 a litre, £2.98 in Asda. It's mixed with apple juice, it goes down alright, but it's got a bit of an earthy aftertaste. It can turn your wee pink, so don't panic if it happens to you.
annis

Reply Wed 8 May, 2013 02:15 pm
@izzythepush,
Oh that is funny! Made me smile! I will investigate this thank you
X
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 1.07 seconds on 04/28/2024 at 10:56:26