"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Izzie

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:51 pm
@annis,
Tulip - talk when you wish to... now we know the details <and breathe> we can deal - together girl! and say it out loud. Always with you, never leaving you... talk as and when and the kettle's always on. Love you and the kids xxx I know for sure that Danny will be wishing all good thoughts and sending his love and wanting to reassure you. I am so hoping he will be back soon, I miss him terribly. We'll come to the hospital when it's safe to do so and we'll give F a summer to remember... a good summer. He and Sean can write and play music and games all day. (((((((((((Tulip)))))))))))
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:55 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

Daddy fell this week. Apparently he blacked out from low blood pressure. The chemo is hard on his heart and it is now regurgitating? I think? Anyway he is seeing a cardiologist now. He had his last chemo last week but the tumor has only been reduced 50% - he is having a PET scan that will let us know if there are still cancer cells present. I try not to worry. But he is no spring chicken and seems to be a bit depressed right now. Makes me sad. I am booked at school for the next two weeks in special ed but will be planning to go down to take care of he and mom as soon as I can.

Hey Mis, congrats to the boys and their proud MaMa and PaPa (hot dixies you both iz!!!!! Wink ) Hope the ceremony went well and big smiles all around.

How is PaPa doing right now? Any news on the PET scan? There will be ups and downs and I think after finishing the chemo, no matter that it sounds good to finish, the whole treatment must have been very difficult emotionally and he will go up and down for a while and until you have results from the PETScan. Hoping you will be able to go down soon, if not already back down there with them.

Thoughts and love and healing wishes to you all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 03:59 pm
Hope all is well with the ((Crew))..

Vonny, good luck on Thursday and please do try not to worry.

Bethie - love the dancing, so pleased to see you having a great time with your festivities and visits. Love you Bethie.x

FS - thank you for your updates, so very much appreciated. I haven't managed to call Anna this week... or send you what I'd planned to.. will try and organise that soon.

((Blue))xox x

Thinking of the crew, y'all, and wishing everyone well and safe, near and far...

((Crew))x

Izzie

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 04:00 pm
tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired tired zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 23 Apr, 2013 04:05 pm
Vonny - the crew's around whether it's company or a virtual adult beverage you'd prefer.

or mebbe some Twistos AND an adult beverage!

http://images.chickadvisor.com/item/28847/large/default.jpg

mebbe a chocolate lager or a sampling flight?

https://untappd.s3.amazonaws.com/photo/2012_05_19/b8e036c82f44afe2be40f82db247bf02_320x320.jpg
vonny

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 03:26 am
@ehBeth,
The idea of a virtual adult beverage sounds just right! Thank you! And thanks to Izzie and everybody else who has wished me well for tomorrow. Going to concentrate on games threads this evening (unless I can't resist joining in one of the fascinating discussions that go on regularly on so many of the chat threads) - trying to calm my mind ............ self-hyposis, yoga, whatever does it! Just wish I was one millionth as brave as Danny - gosh, what that man's been through .... mine's probably what FS describes as a 'band-aid job', and I'll be totally embarrassed by tomorrow evening when I'm back home and feeling like a total prat for being such a baby.

Thanks Crew!!! Laughing
mismi

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 05:25 am
@vonny,
Never belittle what is present in your life. It is a big deal. Can't compare to others. Thoughts and prayers are with you now Vonny. Beth is right - I check in at least once a day to see what's new and to check on you all. So someone is always around somewhere. Wink

I hope you rested well sweet Izzie (((Izzie))) Love you girl.

Dad fell again Sunday. He is STUBBORN! He will not wait until mom can come get him. I can't get down there until next week. Sad His PET scan is May 5th. Pooh. He sounded stronger yesterday though. I am locked in at the high school for the next couple of days. A friends mom had valve replacement and I am filling in for her. Her mom is not waking up from the anasthesia. Did that happen to Dutchy? For some reason that just struck a memory. I know they put him in an induced coma...think I shall go back and read. Anyway...they are worried. So I am caring for her kids until she is able to focus again.

Hugs you all...
mis

izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 05:32 am
@mismi,
You're so lovely, I don't know if I could help out if I was worried about one of my loved ones.

You're an inspiration to us all.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 06:39 am
@mismi,
ahh Mismi - you need to get down there and smarten your dad up eh - he can't be worrying you like this

can the Professor get down there for a day or so while you have the school commitment?

Vonny, get stuck into those games - they're great for distraction.

IzzytP, you've got it mostly right (IMNSHO). It's sometimes hard to imagine caring for others while worrying about personal things - other times it helps to be able to help/support/think of someone else when your own troubles are threatening to roll over you like a giant wave.
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 11:56 am
@mismi,
Izziethepush is right, mismi,

Quote:
You're an inspiration to us all.

But do take care of yourself - don't spread yourself too thinly or your own health will suffer. It sounds as if you have enough on your plate without bothering about the rest of us. Thank you though - it's good to know people like you exist!
annis

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 12:24 pm
So we went to Southampton hospital and met the surgeon. Planning for June, this means Fboy will be able to do his exams. Then operation, open heart surgery, aortic sparing operation, 5 hr op. hopefully 10 days in hospital then 2 months recovery. We are very positive as is Fboy, we can do this! I will stay with him in a side ward, Sgirl will have to look after house and dogs! Tough times ahead! But we can do it!

Hope all ok with you and yours, hugs and stuffXX
JPB

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 12:36 pm
@annis,
Very sorry to hear about Fboy's troubles, tulip.

Keeping you all in my thoughts.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 01:03 pm
@annis,
Southampton has got a really good reputation. If you want anything bringing in from the shops while you're there, let me know.
mismi

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 02:49 pm
Ah Tulip. That is worrisome. But I know you and Fboy will come through in fine form. Thoughts and prayers are with you as well. Hate that you are having to deal with this...especially at his young age. But I am thankful that they found it now to prevent something worse from happening. Keep us up to date please.

Vonny - You are sweet. I will do my best to keep things as un-crazy as possible. . Razz Not easy for me - I am a already nuts! You do like Beth says and stay focused on the things you enjoy. I am sure you will come through your surgery in fine form as well. Let us know how you are as soon as you can.

Izzy - (made me smile) Inspiration? Not so much. Thank you though. I had already committed to help and don't feel I can back out without letting a lot of people down. These are low functioning kids I work with so if someone is missing bad things happen. They can run and get lost in a second and without being able to speak - well - it is just not a place you want these sweet kids being without enough help.

I did speak to dad Beth and he told me he would wait for mother or my brother from now on. Neither one are ever very far away. My aunt who lives down there is going to go sit with him while mom runs errands during the day - until I get there. Then I can do all of that. Smile
0 Replies

annis

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 03:04 pm
@izzythepush,
Thanks I will let you know. You are right they have a good reputation!

Mismi we are strong and deal with it as it comes, we have no choice but to just do.

Wishing you all hugs and stuff xx
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 03:29 pm
@annis,
I have this strangest feeling that Fboy's inspiration will be typing away here giving his support,to you, positively SOON.. Such a journey for a little one...We were there as a entire Universe before, we shall again...

Vonnnnny, I hope you are all prepared for tomorrow, and remember, it's just a bandaide Wink Will be holding your hand as well and expect that email when you are out, to know you are OK, well I already know you will be OK... (x0x0)

mismi, have a safe journey, hugs to you..

I wish it wasn't so early, I'd remember what I just read on the other posts here, alas, it is, I need A Coffee....

I feel a huge wave of love and happiness ...... soon the Eagle will fly.....

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 08:37 pm
@vonny,
Vonny - I'll be checking in as I can - let FoundieGirl know you're home eh.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 08:38 pm
@annis,
annis, sounds like Fboy is the one whose lead should be followed. Tough times call for stern people and ships have stern!
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 09:05 pm
@annis,
Hi annis
So sorry to hear about F'boys heart problems, my thoughts are with you. As one who has experienced 2 major open heart surgeries I can assure you the medical professionals are very clever these days. If I can help you in any way with advice please send me a PM and I shall answer your questions as best as I can. Fboy is still young and strong and will overcome this setback with flying colours. I'm 78 and underwent a double heart operation last January, 2 by passes and a nw heart valve, and here I am today ready to live until I'm 100. LOL Unfortunately I caught the dreaded Golden Staph infection in hospital which stemmed my recovery but the operation itself was a success! Best wishes to you three from the Bosun,
ehBeth

Reply Wed 24 Apr, 2013 09:10 pm
@Dutchy,
http://api.ning.com/files/eVfIe9IcL2Ie4lqhlWeVqEdjGS3AsRSBZ9Pg9qrKWdFYog0-fm0d-PjN1xrV9dgpnY3RGlyXMv1W7eUJAg4*GZNKYJXKsXgH/Grouphug.jpg

hooray!

http://data.alipson.fr/m82/p42806/p1.jpg
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 03:28:55