"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

vonny

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 02:50 am
@philcottie,
Hi philcottie - haven't seen you for a long time - how are you?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 16 Apr, 2013 09:07 pm
<checking in>
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 01:15 am
@ehBeth,
Up-dating on the Bosun.

Just had a chat with Anna...

When you get back Dutchy, you are in trouble because when we were discussing injuries and healing time, and my (cough) rib, Anna said " that's because you drank too much" what? Wink "Danny told me" she said, with a huge laugh.. that sent me off laughing... But, she told me not to stop nor smoking so pftttttttttttttttttttttt

The Bosun, has been assisted by two Nurses and has walked from his bed, to the end of the Hospital hallway which is a fair distance, go Danny... But, today, he was going to moved to Rehab however, the Doctors declined.

Seems our rebel, decides on how much water he will drink, based on his appetite as he doesn't want to miss out on desserts Wink But, by doing so, he's dehidrated and today he couldn't walk past one step without getting dizzy and seeing stars so back to bed he went without any physio and he is remaining where he is for now.

Rest assure Anna has him under control though... But he has to be able to walk un-aided at least from his bedroom to his lounge for him to go home.

Rooting for you Dutchy.... Drink more, eat less if need be...

I didn't get a chance to ask about the Computer as she had visitors .. But she will send everyone's love and I've asked her to let Danny know there are some cards from across the world on their way to him and many messages waiting.. She will send everyone's love.

Sounds like he is making good progress with little hurdles along the way but at least he knows what the hurdles are and he can rebel Wink Or, not....

Glad also Anna is having visitors it's been a long time on her own...

All sounds very good though... He's WALKING and that's the main thing...

Smile

vonny

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:09 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Walking sounds just fine! Come on Dutchy - more fluids please - do what the doctors say - need you back!

0 Replies

annis

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 12:22 pm
Hi all!

Just popping in! Hope you are all ok!

Dutchy! come on you are our inspiration!

I can now say we have our letter from the cardiac surgeon for my son, next Tuesday is the initial consultation. He is due to have aortic root sparing operation, which means open heart surgery! So Dutchy give us that inspiration! Fboy not coping too well with the prospect of this and does not want to talk about it much. But hey we are made of stern stuff!

I have not been on much but do read post! A2K has kept me sane in the past so may pop by in the future.

hugs to all X
ossobuco

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 01:36 pm
@annis,
Hugs to you too, Annis, and Fboy.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 02:51 pm
@annis,
Hey Tulip....I know this has to be scary for you and for Fboy. Thoughts and prayers are with you. Big hugs to you both.

Thanks for the update FS. Love that he is walking and am not really surprised at his turning down the water for dessert! lol!

Hugs to you all!
mis
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:01 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Drink up Bosun!
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 03:02 pm
@annis,
Hugs to Tulip and her fboy!

Making a stern face in solidarity with stern stuff people.

FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 04:35 pm
@ehBeth,
mismi -
Quote:
I'm not suprised Dutchy is turning down the water for dessert! lol!

lols me neither. In-fact, I did say to Anna, that hey even if he gets one good meal in ie) breakfast and it was her that said, oh no, he's not drinking the water during the day BECAUSE he wants his dessert....

Annis and Fboy... I know I am only "just" getting to know people here but it's tough people that get through anything and from the little I've read, ya got the stuff.... Sending good vibes and will let Danny know as well to do the same, when I drop in hopefully next week...

verbivore

Reply Wed 17 Apr, 2013 11:19 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
LOL trust the BOSUN to do that! wait till he gets back am gonna pull his leg for that one!
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 03:36 am
How about printing Dolly Parton's picture on some water glasses and carafes - might reawaken Dutchy's interest in Adam's ale!
FOUND SOUL

Reply Thu 18 Apr, 2013 05:14 pm
@vonny,
Should see some of the Nurses Wink I think he has that covered Wink
vonny

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 07:43 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Great! Hey - get a couple of the more generously endowed nurses to do a shimmy towards him, tantalisingly teasing with looooooooooong slow drinks of iced water - surely the Bosun would drink then? Just an idea! Laughing
mismi

Reply Fri 19 Apr, 2013 03:57 pm
@vonny,
Man and boobs. Or should I say men are boobs. heh heh...just kidding. Razz

I am sure Anna is going to get that man to drink his water. Wink
We know who wears the pants in the family. (oh he would so be lighting into me right now!!!)

I have news some good some eh.

I have a child who is to be inducted into the National Honor Society next week. Ceremony is Wednesday. I am VERY proud. My other got Good Character award and Work Ethic award today. Very Very proud. And the other one is as smart as a whip and the cutest and most athletic thing I know and has decided making B's is okay with him. Such a nut. He could make A's - he just doesn't like to study...but he is amazing and I am Very Very Very proud of him. I am still pushing though...a little anyway.

Daddy fell this week. Apparently he blacked out from low blood pressure. The chemo is hard on his heart and it is now regurgitating? I think? Anyway he is seeing a cardiologist now. He had his last chemo last week but the tumor has only been reduced 50% - he is having a PET scan that will let us know if there are still cancer cells present. I try not to worry. But he is no spring chicken and seems to be a bit depressed right now. Makes me sad. I am booked at school for the next two weeks in special ed but will be planning to go down to take care of he and mom as soon as I can.

Hoping Fboy is doing well Tulip. Thoughts are still with you and him. As they are with all of our Boston A2Ker's - such scary times we live in.

Hugs to you all!
mis
vonny

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 02:05 pm
@mismi,
Wow, your boys are doing well! No wonder you're a proud mum - quite rightly!

Sorry about your father - the chemo must be very hard on him. Let's hope and pray that the results of the scan will be good. He's bound to be depressed, but have hope - he's coped this far!
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 04:20 pm
@mismi,
Nope you got it right "Man and Boobs" Wink

Excellent news, when we work so hard at something and it pays off, especially where children are concerned and that he helped mould their life.

Sorry to hear about your Dad, 50% reduction so far is great mismi, maybe age means things take alot longer? My rib still isn't totally healed yet from December...at 50 you would expect so, but not so. Chemo is a horrible thing to deal with. I don't know first hand off course, but D's Dad has just been diagnosed with Panc.... Cancer and is on Chemo tablets to start with and they will take it from there. He is in his late 70's, lives alone bless him, we moved him closer to us 40 minutes.. He told us that it feels like menopause, as he gets hot flashes at night time... He looked a bit depressed as well, and thinner.. I guess time helps adjust to these things that are foreign to someone at the beginning... Hang in there...
ossobuco

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:32 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Miz - wonderful about your boys, wonderful.

Your dad - I don't know enough to know the significance of the 50% at this point, and will be waiting with you all to hear. Hugs to your father, the virtual type, since we haven't been properly introduced Very Happy .

On the blood pressure - maybe it's just the dose of pills. Fainting from blood pressure pills is quite common. I've done it myself twice back when I first started them and it's damned scary, you go down fast, in my and others' experience. I could name names of other on a2k who've dealt with that, but that is their private business - just saying it's a common side effect and may be a dosage or timing matter or even choice of the exact drug. Well, his cardio will have views on that.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 20 Apr, 2013 05:48 pm
@verbivore,
Verby - took a workshop with this dancer today ....ohhhh I hurt now ... she had us running outside in a courtyard dancing with sticks - we had a late Holi celebration - my face is wonderfully decorated in green and purple paint Very Happy

I do love the sarangi - beautiful instrument.

The fellow doing the pardant is apparently one of the best tabla instructors.

I would love to learn a choreography like this

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 21 Apr, 2013 04:30 pm
That looks like fun Beth!

Thank you Vonny, FS and Osso. Smile

I will let you know when I hear more news.

hugs to all
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/04/2024 at 07:32:38