"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Tryagain

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 05:21 pm
But Izzie said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people.” - Luke 2:10

And so it came to pass Dutchy is slowly being restored to us. Thank you Izzie, I rejoice in the word that you bring forth.

Great picture Beth, but I think Danny needs the ‘other’ laptop dancing – for medical purposes only to increase blood flow!

Thanks for the laugh Missy – good way to start the day.

Btw Osso, I’m no Ice Demon, to claim so would be deceiving myself and would just be making my ego swell. To tell you the truth, I'm still waiting for the day that scientists discover a cure for Natural Causes.

ARRRR! Hoist t' mainsail and scuttle t' jib. It's time for this here matey t' head o’er the far horizon and adventures anew…

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Wed 13 Mar, 2013 06:13 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Doh, I forgot that Megan was the name of her doggie..
vonny

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 04:46 am
@ossobuco,
Not to worry - as already explained on a different thread, Megan's my doggie/daughter - whatever you want to call her! Your birthday wishes are still hugely appreciated - thank you! Very Happy
0 Replies

annis

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 01:27 pm
I hear good news for our Bosun! Get well soon! So, I have had a cold from hell! But am feeling much better now!

hugs and stuff X
mismi

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 02:51 pm
@annis,
Glad you are feeling better Tulip! Smile
Take care - Spring is almost here! (yay!)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 05:05 pm
yabba to the yabberers

En35edina

Reply Thu 14 Mar, 2013 07:15 pm
@mismi,
I'm second! Great thread Izzie! Look forward to "yabbering" away with my sweet friends here on A2K! http://www.entertainmentfm.com/17.jpg
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 05:15 am
@ehBeth,
Morning Crew - do hope y'all are well and that those who've been poorly are improving fast.

Apols - was unable to phone the Bosun's Wife last night - but will try to do so tonight.

I'm missing my car Sad - over £1K damage (gah) - hoping it will be returned today as the courtesy dinkytoy I'm driving has a permanent orange service light on, a flashing oil light and no water in the wishywashy and I can't open the bonnet Shocked <damn hands>

No work today thankfully, am too tired to do anything anyhoo. PaPa is coming over to re-felt the shed roof which got whipped off in the gales earlier in the week - little fella and I did try to nail it back down but we're due for heavy rain later today and our efforts weren't up to much - we've put some big heavy rocks on top so fingers crossed they will stay here 'til PaPa arrives.

Wishing the woild well and hoping for gentle seas and peaceful waterways.

Be well and safe, love love xxxxxxxxxxx

(((Crew)))x
spendius

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 05:19 am
@Izzie,
Quote:
PaPa is coming over to re-felt the shed roof which got whipped off in the gales earlier in the week

Poor PaPa. A pal of mine has three married daughters and 7 grandchildren. They run him ragged.

There's a lesson there I think.
Izzie

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 04:57 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Poor PaPa.

Love-rich PaPa - his family love him very much, helping is not a chore for PaPa, it's just the way he is and gives. In kind.

Rained dawgs and cats so tarp is on 'til better weather.

Good Evening Crew

Ha, Anna answered the phone with "Good Morning" knowing it was me - she said we'd obviously got some telepathy going on. Bless her heart.

I've just got off the phone with the lovely Anna and we had a good catchup. Grandaughter flew in for a netball coaching session so Oma and g-kid went -girrrrrl shopping and to visit with Opa. Anna had such a lovely time with her but was very tired last night.

Danny was so delighted to see his grandaughter and it gave him a well-needed boost. Just brilliant.

The trach is now removed and he's eaten his first "sammich" and had cornflakes for brekkie. (this is remarkably huge in itself)
The ulcers on his feet are not improving (sorry for those who may be squeamish). They are commencing with 2 x daily physio sessions on Monday as they need to boost the circulation around his body. If the feet don't start to heal they will perform another angiogram and have discussed and sought permission for a bypass on his leg should it become necessary (it doesn't appear the blood is getting to his legs as it should, something's not quite right). Another complication - but Danny is perkier and says "do what needs to be done" as Anna is saying "you'll come home and you'll walk in"... so she is being strong with him and incredibly supportive.

M-son is back from fishing and will possibly visit next week which again will be the boost Danny needs and is also so good for Anna. She's off to play the pokies today so winning wishes her way, they could do with a break.

Unfortunately, they are still unable to get the laptop working in the public hospital. Anna has got friends who are techie and are trying to figure out the problem and they've bought a new modem so we will keep our fingers crossed that this may work.

Again, it's going to be a long haul in the hospital... so please do keep your thoughts and ohhhhhms and prayers and healing wishes going. She talks so highly of all the nurses who care for Danny, they are the angels and are supporting both Danny and Anna. He has to remain in the public hospital now because of the dialysis, and so far, that is all under control.

Anna and Danny are so appreciative of your good wishes. It makes the woild of difference.

Have arranged to phone her again this time next week when we should have news on the angiogram and if/when surgery will take place.

I have to say though that Danny's spirits have improved and he is receiving visitors now - his sister saw him 2 nights ago... to think a week ago he was refusing all visitors and 2 weeks ago he wrote he'd had enough. So, on this front, this is good news and mentally he is progressing well.

Sending love to all our crew and hugs...(((crew)))

Near and far, be well and safe, love xox xxxxxxxxxxxx x

Missy - how's PaPa doing? Has he finished his chemo now?????? Thinking of you darlin' Dixie. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Taggers - is the nippers back sorted... any luck with the consultant? Happy band-wagoning, hope rehearsals are going well and FiB enjoyed her choir (if she got across the channel).

Night crew x
ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 05:06 pm
@Izzie,
I'm especially thrilled re the sammich, and very much to have the tracheotomy contraption out.
Wishing on the techie fix (not a clue from here).

Good thoughts to all.
Izzie, hope you get rid of the lemon car with the orange light very soon.
Izzie

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 05:12 pm
@ossobuco,
Ah, the nice folks at the garage brought my car back today when I phoned them... so I'm verry happy I have it back in the drive and it's all in working order. I needed to find £250 for the xs... but that's done now so not going to think about it again.

Thank you Osso - reading along about Katy - hoping this next lot do the girl good and less puddles ((Osso and chin scritches for Katy). x
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 05:18 pm
@Izzie,
so good that Dutchy's accepting visitors

I guess a few more of us might peek in ...

http://www.humorhaus.com/images/curious-polar-bear.jpg

http://a3.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/146/8cc2569611e84f65a3238fa9da873039/l.gif

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/6980597760/h37F1DD58/

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/1957925632/hED4592B7/

mebbe that's enough for today

http://www.dirtybutton.com/media/db580-no-peeking.jpg

mismi

Reply Fri 15 Mar, 2013 06:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Who's adorable? Beth - love those!

My PaPa is doing very well Ms. Izzie. He is here with me now and has been helping me with our plumbing....believe it or not. He is feeling pretty good obviously and has another chemo Wednesday. His last one will be three weeks from Wednesday. He will get his scan on Monday so we will know how the tumors are doing.

He is amazing to me. He loves to help too obviously. Couldn't get him to stay home. He wanted to come fix this goofy faucet. Smile Bless him.

So happy to hear the good news about Dear Dutchy....another amazing man.

Glad to hear you have your car back to Izzie Love.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

Hugs and Kisses...
mis
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 01:43 am
@mismi,
I thought it said no "pecking" Shocked

Ms Izzie, you are a treasure...

I wish to advise, (without me) Mr Dutchy now has INTERNET

David and I are also going to visit him on Monday, apparently he is ready for everyone to turn up, I think he wants a party just quietly.

I'm stoked....

He's got his spirit up !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know it will be hard for him to even type but it's going to help those muscles going... Popeye comes to mind, though I can't put up any pictures on a lap top grrrrrr...My server is out .........

Izzie, I think you are amazing... I ring after you Smile

All, glad everyone is good and so is family...Katy, thinking of you.

Family is good. Even those that aren't blood.

Anyways,....... YAY!!!!!!

I bet he will spend hours reading Wink
Izzie

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 06:01 am
@FOUND SOUL,
http://www.europic-art.com/pic/5/5005.jpg

Our Fantabulous Bosun wrote:

Say hi to all the crew and tell them I will be back on the threads, albeit from my hospital bed.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e111/darucahyono/SMILEY/woot.gif

BEAgle... your berth awaits...

http://www.charterworld.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Luxury-yacht-Wally-50m-Better-Place-Owners-suite-starboard-side-with-queen-size-bed-PhotoToni-Meneguzzo-665x472.jpg

in your own time darlin', no rush - so very good to know the ship to shore communications are working and we will be able2hear from you when you can talk.

((((((((((((((((((((((Danny))))))))))))))))))) xxxx

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 06:22 am
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

My PaPa is doing very well Ms. Izzie. He is here with me now and has been helping me with our plumbing....believe it or not. He is feeling pretty good obviously and has another chemo Wednesday. His last one will be three weeks from Wednesday. He will get his scan on Monday so we will know how the tumors are doing.

So very pleased he is with you Mis and that there are just the two chemo's to go. I know the wait for the scan results will be difficult for y'all... in the meantime though, spending time together and letting PaPa do what he loves doing can only be a good thang. I love you Mis - hugs to you and yours (((((((Mis))))))))xxxxx
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 10:24 am
((((Izzie))))

I'm dancing. Dear Dutchy is absolutely brilliant.
Izzie

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 11:02 am
@mismi,
Very Happy

Massive rugby match commenced

England v Wales for the Grand Slam

C'MON ENGLAND Mr. Green

Izzie

Reply Sat 16 Mar, 2013 12:27 pm
@Izzie,
Shocked

Breathless...

oh my gawsh

WALES ARE INCREDIBLE TODAY... absolutely brilliant

best match of the 6 Nations, just THE BEST

Wales 27 - England 3

Grand Slam for Wales methinks... 13 mins to go but Wales are just immense. Fabulous rugby! Razz

<and breathe>

<Bread of Heaven lalallallla>

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.17 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 08:26:39