"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Izzie

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 05:46 pm
@ossobuco,
Thank you all so much...

I think the smile has been on my face for an hour now... just it's sinking in...I am so tired now I could sleep for a week (but the treeman will be here at 8 so best get a wriggle on!)

I said it out loud... and made it real... and it's beyond my wildest imagination... it's so good I don't even know how good.

I have to do this slowly - it won't be simply happy families again so quickly - but had you seen him today... it's really like the last 6 years never happened. Perhaps that's the only way to go. Forward, don't look back.

Onwards and upwards.

I was once told by my strength, gosh, so long ago - that one day, as much as the worse pain I had felt in life when the Nov15th 2006 call came through... as much pain a week later when I had to sign those the papers... that one day, one day when the door opened I would get the most incredible joy to balance out the pain I had felt.

It was true.

Slowly, slowly. Keep calm, carry on... let him come back as often/little as he wants. No pressure, no pushing. He said he would like me to come to his house and would like Sean to stayover. I kinda think that may happen soonish. I put his house together, with Sean and my parents, piece by piece, a little silver Christmas tree with gold and black baubles and his presents under the stairs by the tree with fairy lights; a whole new start, a lovely little house with everything new. NOTHING from the past. A clean state. He moved in on 20 December (had to be before 21st - Mayan thang).

I wasn't there obviously but he knew I had done it and provided all the furnshings. I was told how happy he was and how grateful he is to my parents.

Since then, the safe place he's now in... he's changed. He feels safe there.

Thanku ((RH)), ((Boida)) ((Bethie)) ((JPB)) ((Osso)) ((Missy)) ((FS)) ((Eva)) ((Stormy)) and my darling ((Blue))

Y'all have travelled along this journey with me... and... I tried to thank Pam tonight... but how can I thank people in such a way to show how I truly mean it... please, take my word for it... you've made such a massive difference in my life... those of you who welcomed me in my darkest days... Noddy especially who will be watching over with Bethies Mom, Ms Rita and Scooby is no doubt herding JPB's kitties and dribbling away... (gosh, Scooby would have loved the last 24 hours....bless him)... and all my other friends here who have stood by me and propped me up... I'll never be able to thank you all ...

simply... thanku for all that you are.

Danny was told yesterday. I know he will be so happy for my family.

I've said it before, I'll say it again... you are the very best crew a Cap'n could ever wish for. Truly.

I hold my dominion.

Bless you all. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

<tired now.................zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz>
izzythepush

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 06:05 pm
@Izzie,
Wonderful News Chook. I'm really pleased for you.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 07:29 pm
@Izzie,
[quote="Izzie"]“days like these” – it’s good to have “days like these”. [/quote]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGg6P-al-Ps
On days like these when skies are blue and fields are green
I look around and think about what might have been
and then I hear sweet music float around my head
as I recall the many things we left unsaid
its on days like these that I remember..........................................

Great news Captain.Looks like you have your son back and Sean his brother.
spikepipsqueak

Reply Fri 1 Mar, 2013 08:17 pm
@Barry The Mod,
I was hoping it would be something like this. So glad.

Have to admire his courage, I think it might have been a difficult thing to do.

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree, eh?

((((Iz))))
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 11:27 am
Greetings Earthlings, as you may know my life’s work to find the true hidden messages in the Bible has not progresses at the velocity I would have wished, due in no small part at the intransigence of ‘Aardvark’; as I’m not familiar with ‘ardwork !

However, I’m pleased to announce a breakthrough after researching the ‘Original Poems’ By William Browne - Published in 1815, In which the poem has highlighted letters inside its verses such that when they are grouped together, printed as red letters in the manuscript, the letters depict three crosses and the topmost middle cross reads "INRI".

No! It doesn’t stand for ’Interstate North Resurfacing Imminent’
Ima sure y’all knows in Latin it means "Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudaeorum."

Don’t look at me like that; don’t you see that translated, it reads - "Jesus of Nazareth King of Jews”

Hallelujah why don’tyeah!

May I give praise to the Hat with; An Acrostic:-

Elizabeth it is in vain you say
"Love not" — thou sayest it in so sweet a way:
In vain those words from thee or L.E.L.
Zantippe's talents had enforced so well:
Ah! if that language from thy heart arise,
Breath it less gently forth — and veil thine eyes.
Endymion, recollect, when Luna tried
To cure his love — was cured of all beside —
His follie — pride — and passion — for he died.

Thank you Edgar Allan Poe, which as I’m sure you know is an anagram for, ‘A Paroled Angel.’

So there we have it; proof positive that I’m no Seraph.

Unlike Missy who wrote, “…do what I say do.”
"To be is to do" – Socrates
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do be do be do" – Sinatra

Ima pleased you have your dawgs Miss; if there's a storm going on outside, our cat scratches everything in its path - when it rains it paws.
May your Pa reign for a long while yet.

Love your stories of life Osso; always a pleasure to read.

I never go out into the sun without my hats…

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/images1_zps52869372.jpg

Happy St David's Day!
(Yes I know it was yesterday, but yesterday belonged to our dear sweet Izzie, her first born and all of UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU’s who hoped, wished and prayed that someday it would happen ) Bless y’all in nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti.

mismi

Reply Sat 2 Mar, 2013 02:47 pm
@Tryagain,
Ohweeee! Look at that little bitty hat!
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 04:47 am
I've already posted this somewhere else, but it's such a lovely story I thought I'd share it with the crew.

Quote:
Firefighters in Poland say a small dog probably saved the life of a three-year-old who went missing from her home overnight in freezing temperatures.

The child, Julia, vanished on Friday and was found lying in marshes several kilometres from her house on Saturday morning, with the dog by her side.

She is now in hospital in western Poland, suffering from frostbite after temperatures fell to -5C (23F).

Firefighter Grzegorz Szymanski said the dog kept the child warm enough to live.

"For the whole night the animal was with the girl, it never left her. Remember, it was 5 degrees below zero and the child was wet," he said, adding that the animal was the most important factor in the girl's survival.

Julia was found lying in marshland
More than 200 people had searched for the child overnight. It is thought she spent hours wandering through the forest near her home in the village of Pierzwin.

Her parents had last seen the three-year-old playing in the backyard with the small black mongrel.

She was eventually discovered by firefighters after she was heard crying for her mother.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21643100
verbivore

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 11:01 am
@izzythepush,
WHOA IZZIEEE....that was such a goood newssss..am reading! God Bless!!! So happy Ryan is back...glad for you..glad for Sean!
He certainly got a big heart..big man in 18 to make it to you and say those lovely words!!!
enjoy ur days dear..for all that you are..you deserve this dessert Smile God was just busy making the best for his best one!
we shud we shud we shud!!! catch up! (((huggggssss)))))
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 3 Mar, 2013 03:53 pm
Thank you Izzy for sharing such a moving story.

OMG!
I spend eons learnin’ Latin, ages researching William Browne – learnin’ y’all what an ‘Acrostic’ iz!

ELIZABETH
L
I
Z
A
B
E
T
H

And what do I find - The devil has possessed the dear soft hand of Missy and pointed the fickle finger of fate in my direction and subjected my ‘pecker’ to mirth, derision and contumely.

Dear friends, if I am to be exposed to the gaze of the madding crowd, draw near and lend me your ears, for…

The neighbors are a’talking.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Theneighborsaretalkin_zps58815821.jpg

About the time it was this size.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Howmanycubitsisthat_zps6fe23002.jpg

Then before I could sow some wild oats…

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Areyousurethisisnecessarytosingfalsetto_zpsacf8aa55.jpg

So I asked the mirror on the ceiling, “Are you sure that was necessary to sing falsetto?”

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Thebaretruth_zps05310702.jpg

I turned my back on lust, Sodom and Gomorrah.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Butterfly_zps14e2c189.jpg

And flew off ..

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/imagesCA7X3YC2_zpsbe6d575c.jpg

…to see if scientists have finally been able to cross an albino chicken with an onion and bible, and create a white cock that can bring tears of joy to a woman’s eyes.

Amen.
Izzie

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 06:15 am
@Tryagain,
Lingering scents carry memory
Inspiring deepest dreams
Vividly refining pleasure
Experiencing joy

Limericks rolling minds
Accentuating peace
Undulating expressions
Giving temper to our beast
Hovering delights

Lifting fragile hearts
Obfuscating imperfections
Vehemently forging futures
Escalating life

<written by a 16 year old>

*A boat, beneath a sunny sky
Lingering onward dreamily
In an evening of July -

Children three that nestle near,
Eager eye and willing ear,
Pleased a simple tale to hear -

Long has paled that sunny sky:
Echoes fade and memories die:
Autumn frosts have slain July.

Still she haunts me, phantomwise,
Alice moving under skies
Never seen by waking eyes.

Children yet, the tale to hear,
Eager eye and willing ear,
Lovingly shall nestle near.

In a Wonderland they lie,
Dreaming as the days go by,
Dreaming as the summers die:

Ever drifting down the stream -
Lingering in the golden gleam -
Life, what is it but a dream?

"Will you walk a little faster?" said a whiting to a snail.
"There's a porpoise close behind us, and he's treading on my tail.
See how eagerly the lobsters and the turtles all advance!
They are waiting on the shingle — will you come and join the dance?

Will you, won't you, will you, won't you, will you join the dance?

'I could tell you my adventures — beginning from this morning,' said Alice a little timidly: 'but it's no use going back to yesterday, because I was a different person then.'
'Explain all that,' said the Mock Turtle.
'No, no! The adventures first,' said the Gryphon in an impatient tone: 'explanations take such a dreadful time.'

Thankful I have balance from my lobster as we dance.

Thanku ((((((((Crew)))))))))

I feel like I am living a dream, I can't explain it. I just know that I hugged my eldest son and last night received a txt with the words "love you".

My youngest son (yes, I do have two children) is finding the news very hard to comprehend - until he sees it for himself he cannot believe it and he's not sure how to respond - many tears. It's been a long time.

Today, it is the most beautiful Spring day - unbelievably gorgeous after a weekend of near zero degrees. Our garden is opened up, so much light, 5 trees down now and some more tomorrow. It's a whole new world not being so hidden... I'm thinking this is a good thang.

The car has not been collected for repair as yet - it's going to have to be on the insurance as I'm informed it will be hefty sum. My £250 excess will have to be found from some coffers. At this point, I'm thinking the price is irrelevant compared to the price the deer paid... and what possibly happened because of this accident.

I'm on a little shaky ground but I've got a firm footing - onwards and upwards is all I know how to do, so...

I SAW RYAN, I HUGGED RYAN, I PUT MY ARMS AROUND HIM AND HE WAS REAL. IT DID HAPPEN.

Time to build, doors open, home is where the heart is, life is a blessing.

((Spike)) - thank you - yes, it surely must have taken great courage to do what he did the way that he did it. My friend, Pam, told me last August that it would happen... what an amazing turn of events.

I still can't cry or jump up and down, but I've said it out loud a few times now and... slowly does it. x

MaMaVerby - can you believe Ryan is 20 now and Sean is to turn 16 in a couple months - it doesn't seem possible that my kids have grown up. It would be so good to catchup and I'd love to see you and H-boy. Email me whenever is good for you sweetheart. x

IzY - bless that little girl and her dawg... incredible story. Thank you for posting it. x

BlueBaby - pecks yer cheek, warm and fuzzy ((smooches))xox x

Going out to the garden and sit by our babbling brook... gosh, it's a stunning day today and warm - 10 degrees and not a cloud in the sky.

Will be phoning for news of our Bosun tonight and will be bavk later to let y'all know how he's doing.

Near and far, be safe and well, love...

x

<verra excited about this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p015fpqq Spring is here, which means... MACRO bugs and compound eyes.> <geek>

The Caterpillar and Alice looked at each other for some time in silence: at last the Caterpillar took the hookah out of its mouth, and addressed her in a languid, sleepy voice.

'Who are you?' said the Caterpillar.

This was not an encouraging opening for a conversation. Alice replied, rather shyly, 'I — I hardly know, sir, just at present — at least I know who I was when I got up this morning, but I think I must have been changed several times since then.'

*Charles Lutwidge Dodgson aka Lewis Carroll

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/35/Alice_par_John_Tenniel_15.png/448px-Alice_par_John_Tenniel_15.png
mismi

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 07:16 am
@Izzie,
Love reading this Izzie. ((Izzie))

0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 07:59 am
@Izzie,

walrus

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-21652855

carpenters, porpoises, lobsters, it's all good.

We had waxwings in our garden today. Hooray.
ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 08:00 am
@McTag,
wow! love that clip of the walrus
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 03:02 pm
I may be the devil in Carnate, but as you may know, Carnate is a comune in the Province of Monza and Brianza, in the Italian region Lombardy, located about 25 km northeast of Milan.

However, I will soon be taking the A7 south to Genoa; so if you find yourself in the area of Locanda di Palazzo Cicala. Piazza San Lorenzo; do feel free to keep on walking –

No seriously it’s over $150 bucks per night!

So I have taken to staying there during the day when it’s free and sleeping in the park at night because 90% of women don't like men in pink shirts. Ironically, 90% of men in pink shirts don't like women.

So I’m gonna take this pink shirt off because I've recently become a Professor of Palindromes - so now you can call me Dr. Awkward.

God bless y’all.
Izzie

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 04:42 pm
@Tryagain,
Dutchy and Tryst were chatting on the deck having baked a cake.

Dutchy: "Blue's going on his holidays with a lady friend".
Tryst: "Genoa?"
Dutchy: "Nah, he never met her before".
Tryst: Jamaica?
Dutchy: "Well, a gentleman never tells!" Smile
Tryst: "No, no Jamaica Ginger"
Dutchy: "Ermmmmm no, she was a blonde!
Tryst: "No, would like some cake"
Dutchy: "Oh yes, I'll have my cake and eat it, thank you"

Talking of gentlemen

NEWS OF OUR BOSUN

and it is the BEST

<seriously, is there summat in the water>

THIS MORNING ANNA'S PHONE RANG. IT WAS DANNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She was so surprised and happy - they had removed the trach and he wanted to call her straight away to be able to talk with her over the phone. Beaut-eeeeeeee-ful!

(he has a little trach for fluids)

Anna is so HAPPY

DANNY is improving HUGELY

HE ATE PORRIDGE FOR BREAKFAST (well what else would a PaPa Bear eat)

Lung re-inflated, infection controlled

Might have a tummy bug so they are doing blood tests to see what's going on there

He’s weak and tired but he IZ on the mend.

Memory gone for the last few weeks – not such a bad thing as the last few weeks he doesn’t need to remember - he found out that he went in on 28th January and it's now 5th March (OZ time). Bless him, he was shocked. The only thing he can remember about this was Anna dropping him at the hospital, the rest is a blank.

He has been sitting in chair during the days and bed at night.

Hopefully, he will be moved into a room of his own and out of ICU (maybe 1-2 weeks, maybe sooner)

Surgeon says that all appears well with his heart... there may be blips or setbacks... but so far, ONWARDS AND UPWARDS FOR THE BOSUN.

Anna says "He’ll come good" and told him he'll be strong enough to run a marathon!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink

This is just the best news. I can't tell you.

Anna did tell Danny about Ryan - he wrote on the paper that he is so happy and sends his love to us and was quite emotional.

All good things come to those who wait.

Gosh, what a wonderful few days it has been, from Up Above to Down Under... so blessed.

Danny really is getting better and... he's giving it his all to get back home and be with his wife. I can't tell you how happy I am for their family... and for us to celebrate on the ship. There's a long journey ahead still... but he's taking those steps and is on the right path.

GO Danny, we want you back on the deck...

Must go bed, work tomorrow, tired tonight. Such good news. Sleep awaits.

Near and far, love... x
ossobuco

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 04:52 pm
so good to hear of all this, Danny. So glad to hear of all this, Anna.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 04:59 pm
@Izzie,
That Danny is one wonderfully stubborn Dutchman!

what terrific news - on the phone

wow
mismi

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 07:25 pm
The Yabber Liner is such a happy place today. So happy to hear Dear Dutchy is doing so much better. Heart is all warm and fuzzy.

((Tryagain)) Always entertaining you are. Your pecker is not small. (those two don't necessarily go hand in hand)

I know you fellers think you are judged by the size of your wee wee's. Don't want you to be all insecure or anything.
0 Replies

firefly

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 09:38 pm
@Izzie,
Quote:
DANNY is improving HUGELY

Fantastic news! Smile So glad to hear of his progress.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Mon 4 Mar, 2013 09:45 pm
@Izzie,
Excellent news!

Thank you for this wonderful update ((( MizIzz )))

Keep getting stronger, Danny!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 10/05/2024 at 08:42:08