"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Tryagain

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 09:16 am
@Stormwatch,
Stormwatch wrote:

Have you been hitting the rum supply again?

Hi sweetie, what do you mean….again?

The last time I got all sobered up was to hear Lincoln’s Emancipation Proclamation.
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 09:19 am
@Tryagain,
That explains it, your forgetfulness must be age related Wink
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 09:33 am
@McTag,
I am at the dentist, best I can do is knit you a floss throw rug...
wandeljw

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 09:38 am
@vonny,
vonny wrote:

Rest Dutchy - from all the posts I see how much loved you are - and needed! Keep the ladies in order? Hmmm - okay, I'll humour you - until you're back on board full time - then we'll see! Ooops, mutiny in the ranks from a newcomer I hear you say - the wrath of the crew will come down on me hard, they love their Bosun. Glad to see your post - love the Yabber-Liner and the crew. Looking forward to a bit of verbal sparring at some not too far distant date!!!!!

Vonny, you will learn that you cannot underestimate Dutchy when it comes to ladies. Soon you will be finding yourself participating in one of his swimsuit competitions. Smile
annis

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 11:09 am
Snow, Snow and a very wet son! Who came home from School to then have a snowball fight, then sledging! When he eventually came home he was soaked! Yep tis now raining!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 11:17 am
@Izzie,
Belay that last request, I am toasty now because I have been clearing snow with my excellent locally-purchased snow shovel. You just can't beat the proper tool for the job, as the ....no, better not.

I forgot to add, cap'n, that you don't forget people because you're kind and lovely. The best captain on the Seven Seas.

IZZIE
CCCCCCC
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 12:30 pm
Hey, Iz

Some snow pics?

It apparently got to 46.5C yesterday; hottest day on record.

Fortunately, my aircon coped admirably - I watched some tennis and dozed most of the day.

There are huge bushfires right around this state and Victoria. One life lost so far; lots of stock losses, houses, infrastructure.

So far it feels much better today, at 5.30am - only about 25C
vonny

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 01:26 pm
@wandeljw,
OMG!!! What have I enlisted for???
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 02:16 pm
@margo,

Quote:
Some snow pics?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/1/18/1358523275822/A-man-checks-the-size-of--008.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/1/18/1358523249070/Snow-ploughs-clear-the-ru-002.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/1/18/1358523272097/Victoria-Park-in-Totterdo-007.jpg

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2013/1/18/1358507706439/Winter-weather---Jan-18-010.jpg
McTag

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 02:23 pm
@McTag,

It's not really a lot of snow yet, by continental or northern standards, but it seems to send the media into a frenzy of blizzard-mongering gloom and doom, mixed with a few stories of pluck and hardship borne bravely.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 02:51 pm
@Izzie,
Quote:
Ahhhahhahhahha... you don't wanna be doing the heads!!!!

Oh dear Shocked didn'te .. fink of that Rolling Eyes Razz Too early to even read that in the morning, we both chuckling Wink Phew lols I don't have to clean the toilets...

Snow drops.. I've heard of them but not sure, can you please post a picture ..please.

Mmm, choose my spot, don't be drinking all the port, that's ok, I'm a Chardonnay girl, so I'll go for bar tender Wink If that is ok cap'n.

Beautiful photo of the ice on the trees McTag.. though I am glad I think, that we don't get snow, I'd hate to be running late for work and forget that I had to shovel my way out first. Wink

Margo 46.5? Oh dear and I thought 42 was hard to take.. Air con in the car wasn't the best, but yes, inside the house when I eventually got home.. was great.

Wandel... Dutchy may request the swim suit competition but, ya know, us girls know how to get you men to parade around more so, so we always would win !!! Smile

Scoobles bless him is that his real name Izzie ? Wink

Izzy where is the snowman mmm?

Good morning all, I can't do the names, I will forget someone, I always do .....

Needing a holiday.....................................

Dutchy

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 05:30 pm
@vonny,
Well Vonny I've just read your post and must say that for an aspiring Yabber Liner sailor your implied rebellious nature is not something the Bosun is likely to tolerate. I think young lady you and I better have a 'chat' on the 'poop' deck before your ambition gets out of hand! Remember this old tar has been around and with a girl in every Port can handle an upstart like you with ease. Now be a good girl, put on your bikini and show us what shape you're in. Wandeljw get your camera ready. LOL
Tryagain

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 05:33 pm
Howdy dode folks, I must say I’m delighted to receive the official title of ‘Ships Ballast’, I guess that is because of my incongruous corpulent countenance!

However, I would like to make it clear that I find the name ‘Redneck’ somewhat dubious due to the fact that although I may reside in the boondocks, my abode is situated on a slight but perceptible incline; I therefore think the term ‘Hillbilly’ more appropriate.

Furthermore, if I can get me some wheels on the trailer, I plan to drag it further up the valley and become a Mountain Man, so iffin’ y’all come a visiting, don’t forget to bring your banjo.

BTW; now I have my lycra ‘budgie smugglers’ on, let’s get going with this swimsuit competition.

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Babemagnet_zpsa417dfc3.jpg

Alamagoozlum in the bilges at eight bells.
JPB

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 05:35 pm
@Tryagain,
Tryagain wrote:

http://i379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/a2kforsure/Babemagnet_zpsa417dfc3.jpg

That's simply not right.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 05:40 pm
@Dutchy,
Dutchy wrote:

Well Vonny I've just read your post and must say that for an aspiring Yabber Liner sailor your implied rebellious nature is not something the Bosun is likely to tolerate. I think young lady you and I better have a 'chat' on the 'poop' deck before your ambition gets out of hand! Remember this old tarT has been around and with a girl in every Port can handle an upstart like you with ease. Now be a good girl, put on your bikini and show us what shape you're in. Wandeljw get your camera ready.

<ahem>

BWWWWWWwwwwwwaaahahhahhahaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhaAaa

<cough>

<excuse us a moment... I do believe our Danny is due to have his bed bath right about now... Matron is on her way... now just Keep Calm and Carry On Matron >

http://www.shadowlocked.com/images/stories/features/2011/001_January/5/carry_on/hattie_jacques_Carry_On.jpg

I'm no here, I've gone to bed zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz nighty night
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 05:55 pm
My dear JPB Ima sorry if you are suffering from a case of the vapours; female hysteria was a once-common medical condition found exclusively in women.

Should you be suffering from it and exhibiting a wide array of systems including faintness, nervousness, sexual desire, insomnia, muscle spasm, or shortness of breath; may I suggest you desist from hysterical paroxysm.

Y’all may find sippin’ a Mint Julep in a darkened room may reduce desire!
ehBeth

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 09:05 pm
Quote:
As soon as I was told of this wonderful new topic, I had to drop everything and be the first to come and say howdy![/img]

only took you five years to get here - awesome sauce
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 02:54 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Sorry FS, no snowman, my son isn't bothered. I guess he really is a teenager, although he liked watching the Snowman and Snowdog at Christmas.
JPB

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 06:12 am
@Tryagain,
erm.... no. That wasn't what I was experiencing.

Sending all a happy Saturday filled with whatever it is you're looking for this fine day.

Here, I'm headed up to fill the shelves and stock the fridge for the zero degree cold snap that's headed our way by Monday. I won't be leaving the house again for days.
0 Replies

FlavourQueen

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2013 10:25 am
Just jumped on board to see how Danny was doing. Hope you are on the mend dear Bosun Bear. Sending you chilly hugs from a very snowy UK. Big hugs x x x
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 05:57:38