"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 03:49 am
@Izzie,
I've just been out to the corner shop, it's on a fairly major road which is now full of stationary buses.
McTag

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:01 am

Quote:
So many names to remember - ehbeth, Tryagain, Ossobuco, JPB, Stormwatch, Wandeljw,

I'm used to being ignored. Think nothing of it. Don't worry about me.

Some snow falling here, more to come. Spare a thought for Andy Murray and our tennis gals, Sydney had its hottest day ever yesterday, so we hear.

Lance Armstrong, bad. And so were those moon-walk photos really taken up there, or in Nevada? Is Try the same person as Ellpus? There are more questions than answers, clearly.
Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:01 am
@izzythepush,
Have just been out in the garden... the daffodils are coming up (about 8 inches!) and the rhododendron is already blooming Shocked Snowdrops are gorgeous! That wind is biting cold though but blue skies are definitely peeking through the clouds. Very Happy Keep warm!
izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:05 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:
I'm used to being ignored.

That's because you're so very posh.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:06 am
@Izzie,
Still snowing, I'm not going out again unless it's to build a snowman. I should let the cats back in, I put them out this morning because I don't want any nasty surprises.
Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:08 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

I'm used to being ignored. Think nothing of it. Don't worry about me.

Izzie wrote:

and POMcT is the Petty Officer - he keeps the Scottish Contingent afloat on the boat Very Happy

http://www.deckchairsuk.co.uk/images/products/scottish_flag_deckchair.jpg

Ahhahhhahahhahhaaha, who could ever miss out the Scotsman in our midst! Wink

Andy did so well... and Laura too. Keeping high hopes for the tennis Scotsman! ((Taggers))x

Talking of tennis, hoping that Margo is recovering well and will be restored to good health soonest. ((Margo)) x
Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:13 am
@izzythepush,
Ha, both kitties here have 2 catflaps... the only surprises we get are the various "presents" brought in. My black cat is the master bringer-in-of-stoats and the occasional water rat!!!!!!! <makes me sad... but clever kitty>

Poor 'ole Scoobles Dawg is not happy going out at all and struggles even to get up leave alone try and negotiate the three small steps - but he sleeps nearly all the time and only ever ventures out for his constitutionals...and MaddieDawg just hates to get her paws wet and tootles across the lawn on 3 legs, always holding one up in the air Shocked She's such a sook! (man up girl-dawg (as my K-bro would say;)
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:14 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Still snowing, I'm not going out again unless it's to build a snowman.

Photographic evidence will be required ... or else it didn't happen!!!!!! Razz Very Happy
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:26 am
@Izzie,
Hey mam, Smile It went down to 26 phew...................... What was I thinking 4 open inspections at 42? Smile Must read whether a week before. Thank you beautiful lady for asking, all is doing good unless I drive an 1hr, gawd tomorrow, must do though. 1 day out of 7 ? All good.

You know what? How apt. I found a beautiful blue and white tea pot the other day, I collect English plates, cups, etc... Smile And I am going to change from coffee to tea.

Wishing happy thoughts for everyone.

May I say? Kia, my Husky, again, layed across Missy's grave tonight and looked at me, Doctor thinks that she has lost muscle weight (lost 3 k's), may have a UTI and we must check due to her being diabetic. Kind of have my thoughts, Dutchy knows all re all the dogs. So much to watch for............

Anyways, the point being she layed across the garden I am growing for Ms, Miss. I said nothing, it's only plants. When she got up, sheez, the plants just sprung up and never broke Smile Kind of feeling a tad, well, happy about now.. In my own way..........kind of have my thoughts. Just needed to speak..

Thanks for listening.

Best wishes to all, and thinking of all.

(((((IZZIE))))) You are the best . But you didn't answer me Smile Am I the toilet cleaner? I don't know my position on your beautiful boat. x
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:29 am
@McTag,
How hot was Sydney McTag? Did it reach us in Adelaide 42 ?

Not sure about the rest of your post, question Smile
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:30 am
@Izzie,
Smile I am spending a life time watering to keep the gardens alive Smile Must post some pictures soon ! Your gardens are stunning Izzie.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 04:54 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Ahhhahhahhahha... you don't wanna be doing the heads!!!! Mr. Green

<I know, my bad, behave> Embarrassed

No no, our WC's are self-cleansing, dontya know! Nothing but the best on this ship - spit spot Mr. Green

I'm chuckling, and it's too early to be chuckling at this time of the day... so ...

we vary positions on the ship... Wink

whenever you wish to take the helm or hang off the bowsprit - go for it - rigging always needs a check but Bethie's in charge of knitted lifejackets...

just don't be doing this

http://media.canada.com/133a26b3-7939-4ba4-b93e-0c570ecf1751/robbie.jpg

<oooooooh, the pain in posting that pic>

and no running us aground as I don't like deep water! Nor shark-infested waters. Nor spiders.

I don't mind a little list here or a little list there, but I do know that our Bosun and some crew prefer a bit of Brahms and Liszt Drunk and with the odd tequila you are likely to see the crew leaning a tad!

(we lean on each other too, nothing feels better when you're tired).

A garden for our dearly departed's is always a good thang... Noddy (a dear A2Ker who died in 2008) advised that a number of years ago...just under 5 years ago... snowdrops, crocuses, Spring flowers... a lovely way to remember those we love and have a place to go if needed. Gosh, I do miss that lady... but then, she's still with us on the board and her words and thoughts will always be with us).

So, choose your spot and enjoy your sail!

Just don't drink all the Port! I do like a little tipple of that! Very Happy
McTag

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 05:41 am
@Izzie,
I know YOU don't forget me, Cap'n, because you've got the crew list and have to account for deserters and those lost overboard. Not many forced to walk the plank recently though.

You owe me six months wages, by the way.

Very Happy Wink Drunk
0 Replies

vonny

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 07:57 am
@Dutchy,
Rest Dutchy - from all the posts I see how much loved you are - and needed! Keep the ladies in order? Hmmm - okay, I'll humour you - until you're back on board full time - then we'll see! Ooops, mutiny in the ranks from a newcomer I hear you say - the wrath of the crew will come down on me hard, they love their Bosun. Glad to see your post - love the Yabber-Liner and the crew. Looking forward to a bit of verbal sparring at some not too far distant date!!!!!
vonny

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 08:06 am
@McTag,
Sorry McTag - I'm sure there are others I missed too - so many names to remember!

These posts are quick-fire - questions and replies - some very witty repartee hard to keep up - how does one earn a deck chair?
JPB

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 08:12 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Have just been out in the garden... the daffodils are coming up (about 8 inches!) and the rhododendron is already blooming Shocked Snowdrops are gorgeous! That wind is biting cold though but blue skies are definitely peeking through the clouds. Very Happy Keep warm!

Shocked In January?!?!?!?! Amazing.

Good to see Dutchy back to his old rascally self. Take the good days as they come, D, but don't overdo it.

8" daffodils in January.... unbelievable.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 08:26 am
@vonny,

Quote:
how does one earn a deck chair?

You have to be old & decrepit.

Cap'n, I want a rug for my knees this afternoon. The ocean breezes can be a bit too bracing.
Tryagain

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 09:04 am
Youse guys are my most favorite people in the hole worild…....................
What’s your names again?
Stormwatch

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 09:08 am
@Tryagain,
Have you been hitting the rum supply again?
Tryagain

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2013 09:10 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I've just been out to the corner shop, it's on a fairly major road which is now full of stationary buses.

You are so lucky in England; I have to go to Office Depot for my stationary, they would never use buses to deliver.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/05/2024 at 01:08:09