"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

JPB

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 07:12 am
@McTag,
darn hot here!

88-92 (31-33c) today and tomorrow, depending on how close to the lake one lives. Sounds like a great weekend for a free blues festival on the lake shore!!!

Sorry to hear about your mother, tulip. I hope she mends quickly.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 07:16 am
Katrina is visiting us and her Chicago friends this week. Annie had fallen riding her bicycle. The two of them spent most of the day doing crafts and dancing to Youtube videos.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7240/7354194942_795e0d094b.jpg
JPB

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 07:19 am
@wandeljw,
Annie is getting big!!!

Enjoy your time with your daughters, jw.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 9 Jun, 2012 06:12 pm
@JPB,
Nice photo wandeljw.

Send some of that hot weather down here JPB, just 3 degrees here this morning.

Long weekend downunder, Queen's birthday.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 09:24 am
@Tryagain,
Quote:
Make mine a mint julep with a double shot of bourbon; and hold the ice.

Sweet folks it’s been great visiting with y’all today, we must do it again sometime soon. In the interim, have a fun weekend and may all your dreams come true.

Love it when you speak "Southern" ((Try))

Checking in with you all! Thoughts are with you Izzie and sweet S. Hope all is well there sending my hugs to you both.

Tulip - I am so sorry to hear about your mom. Thoughts and prayers are with you and her as well. Hope she mends quickly.

Hiya JPB.((JPB)) Smile It has been pleasant here. I have been thrilled with our All Star season. J and S's team are 1st seed in their division and stand to do very well in the tournament next week. G-baby's team is shaping up and starting to play like the little men they are.

Love watching little league baseball. So much fun!

Hello Dear Dutchy - sending warm thoughts your way. ((Dutchy))

Annie is adorable Wandel. Both of your girls are beautiful! I know you are proud!

I am keeping a baby right now. She is 6 weeks old and adorable. But my baby instincts have greatly deteriorated! I am having to relearn it all over again! I am so used to big boys! I loved having her last week. But it makes for a very busy day between her and taking my boys where they need to go.

Hugs you all,
mis
Dutchy

Reply Sun 10 Jun, 2012 10:50 pm
@mismi,
Hi mismi great to hear all the news. Not even a wee bit clucky after holding that sweet 6 weeks old baby? Smile

My thoughts also go out to Izzie and S-boy, hope you both are doing well.

Still very cold down underm down to 2 degrees this morning.

(((Crew)))
mismi

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 06:12 am
@Dutchy,
Good Morning Dear Dutchy - Well...she is precious when I am holding her and she is all happy and content. When she starts squalling I have mini panic attacks. I am just not used to the babies. But by the end of the day Friday, I felt like I had a pretty good handle on it. I will be getting a baby sling here pretty soon. That will allow me to carry her around - kind of like a papoose. With my hands free. I need that. She is way to little to make start trying to self soothe. That will come soon enough. Smile

We have had so much rain! It is a good thing. But it sure does interfere with baseball. The boys are so happy and busy with All Stars. It is such a good thing for us right now.

The prof. still hasn't found a job. But we have been blessed with his severence and are working on borrowing from our 401K at a very low interest rate. He is working part time, and of course I am keeping the baby and refinishing furniture. Makes for a busy day. But I can't complain. The busy-ness helps me not to speculate about the what-ifs. Can't go there.

But I am thankful. Hugs to you dear friend.

mismi

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 12:55 pm
@mismi,
Rainouts suck.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 11 Jun, 2012 01:40 pm

Made stuffed tomatoes this evening. I had two big beef tomatoes, and I made a rice-based filling of my own devising, topped with strong grated cheese, baked and grilled, very nice. I had no complaints.
The meal was an odd combination. smoked mackerel fillets, baked stuffed tomatoes, green beans.

Nice.

Sorry for all the flooded Brits. South and East have had very heavy rain, and gales. Here in the Northwest, we're fine, no problems, and the weather's been okay.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Wed 13 Jun, 2012 01:57 pm
H boy,shooting up faster than the plants in his pots....
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/barrythemod/To%20Forward/577540_3319025898435_613457962_n-1.jpg
McTag

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 03:46 am
@Barry The Mod,

Keen young Mr Gardener, excellent pic. Monty Don, look out.

I assembled two hanging baskets last week, a bit late (and I'm still waiting for a delivery of hanging basket plant plugs ordered on the internet) but they seem to be doing well. Mainly trailing geranium and fuchsia. I'll plug in the plugs somewhere when I get them.

Otherwise, Cap'n's still ashore, attending to ship's business I expect.
When she's rustled up a new cargo for us, we can sail for the sunset.
Letty

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 05:16 am
@McTag,
McTag, Will that be, "Red Sails in the Sunset"?

Oops, I misjudged that photo. Thought it was another boy.

You and your lovely wife should sing a duet sometimes.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 07:00 am
@McTag,
Quote:
When she's rustled up a new cargo for us, we can sail for the sunset

Excellent McT. I have not really gardened in years. And I miss it. I always seem to be saying, " Next year, I will makes sure I get this done...". And something happens and I don't. Sad

Makes me sad.

H is getting so big. That is a beautiful boy sweet Verby! (((Verbs))) Miss you girl!

I hope you all have a wonderful day Yabber Crew.
mis
0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 11:14 am
I miss Izzie.
mismi

Reply Fri 15 Jun, 2012 11:35 am
@Roberta,
Me too Roberta.
Dutchy

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:10 am
@mismi,
Me three mismi. Smile Wishing you and yours a great weekend miss sunshine. x
FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 16 Jun, 2012 02:22 am
@Dutchy,
Me four ...

Thinking all the children I am staring at on this thread are so beautiful and so happy even if a little hurt by an injury.. We are thinking of adopting? That would be nice.

Wishing everyone spring in their step and sunshine inside and out, and as far as gardens, it's winter, so miss planting away, so no like, pulling sour sobs.

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 08:22 pm
@Dutchy,
I thank you Dear Dutchy - it was a good one. All Stars is over now. The boys did well but did not win their tournament. That's okay. They played their hearts out. So proud of them. Smile

Now we can relax and enjoy our summer. The Prof is still job searching and I am keeping my little peanut who turned 8 weeks old this week. She is SO cute!

(((Dutchy))) Hugs you!

And to the rest of the crew. Take care!
mis
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 08:39 pm
love to all the yabberers

off to crank up the a.c. and try to sleep
Dutchy

Reply Mon 18 Jun, 2012 08:53 pm
@ehBeth,
Nite, nite to mismi and ehBeth the ladies on the northern part of this world. Just after midday here so a little while before I hit the sack.

Mrs. B is taking me out for dinner tonight so that is something to look forward too. A cosy little restaurant with an open wood fire near the seafront is our destination.

Sending a big hello to thed Captain and hope all is well on the Moors.

Waves from downunder to all the crew,

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/19/2024 at 03:37:55