"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

spendius

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 11:02 am
@izzythepush,
Which is an admission of malpractice.

I gather that the lad has apologised. I think he was said to be in remorse.

Are there any other aspects of my post you wish to comment on?

I would be taking Sean's mind off the business rather than focussing it upon it.

izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 11:14 am
@spendius,
Mostly the NHS, that's the problem though, because an apology is an admission that something went wrong, not necessarily malpractice, the NHS won't give it.

Quote:
The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers
Pepijn Sweep

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 12:17 pm
@izzythepush,
where is JGWeed ?
Barry The Mod

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 01:07 pm
Bags packed,cameras charged,spending money withdrawn.I'm going north of Watford,all the way to Manchester (will I need my passport?) to listen to some live music in the open air.And I'll be hosted by two great people.Oooompa oooompa bam tish boom. Very Happy .
McTag

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 03:38 pm
@Barry The Mod,

Don't go all the way to Manchester Baz, otherwise you'll miss me at Stockport station.

Only kidding, we're going there too, later.

You'll find a weekend is not enough. I hope the weather gods are kind.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 03:40 pm
@spendius,

They should send the big boy home for a time, with a copy of Tom Brown's Schooldays, and instructions to closely read it.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 04:21 pm
@Pepijn Sweep,
He's before my time.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Thu 31 May, 2012 03:12 am

Extravagant pageant on the Thames for the Diamond Jubilee of Her Madge.

God bless 'er.

If you're outside of this blessed plot, this sceptred isle, you might not be able to open this link, sorry. It'll be on your TV news, though, Sunday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18032734
mismi

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 05:47 am
@McTag,
Hiya McT!

Hello Iz. Thinking of you and sweet S. Thoughts and prayers stay with you.

Hello to the crew as well! Have a great weekend.

(((Yabber Crew)))
mis
Dutchy

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 06:34 am
@mismi,
Hi mismi, wishing you and yours also a great weekend.

Izzie hope all is well at the Moors and S-boy is healing well.

Thank you for the interesting link McTag. Will be watching all the festivities on our TV.

Waves from downunder.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 06:55 am
for the travellers and picnic'ers in the crowd

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hHwIYEoNiSw/TdrebFCAaYI/AAAAAAAABEw/EjBwfeso6HA/s1600/the-wind-in-the-willows4.jpg
spendius

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 07:06 am
@ehBeth,
for the wits and the well read in the crowd

Our star lady jockey rode Open Water in the first race at Epsom: The Queen's Diamond Jubilee Handicap Stakes. She finished 4th so I presume the Temple of Isis will have to remain closed for a while yet.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 07:20 am
@Barry The Mod,

Guest now safely despatched southwards, after a heapin' helpin' of northern culture- racing pigeons, whippets, flat caps and mufflers, chimneys and smoke, fish & chips with mushy peas, leeks, rhubarb, brown ale, and Uncle Joe's Mint Balls.

He can supervise the flotilla on the Thames tomorrow. Greetings from Petty Officer McTag and the cabin boy.
annis

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 11:43 am
Hi all

Ebeth, so love Wind in the Willows!

So we have put our flags out! Ha~! looking very patriotic!

I am suffering with my back yet again! I had a lovely lie in, then we walked the dogs and played frisbee! Even tried running, but I can not lift my leg very well to run anymore, must be a trapped nerve! Then got Sgirls dressing table and book case down stairs to outside and painted it gold! Now really suffering with my back! Wanted to go to a wedding do but can not face sitting too long to drive there! So staying here with my lovely children! Got some wine and trying to chill! Sooooo feel like a Fag!! Has been 5 weeks!! Tis hard this giving up milarky!

We are going to watch the celebration on TV tomorrow for the Queen! Long live the queen!! Ha!

hugs and stuff to all X
Dutchy

Reply Sat 2 Jun, 2012 10:39 pm
@annis,
Hi annis, sorry to hear about your back and leg troubles, maybe to much exercise at once for a 'young' body. Smile

I like your remedy of a chiiled wine, cheers, and my compliments for staying of the cigarettes, well done.

Your celebrations will be beamed into our living rooms so will be able to enjoy the celebrations with you.

Waves from downunder.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 10:12 am
@ehBeth,
I'm with annis, ehBeth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlUBKIeuQg0

It's been a long time since I have been to Spring Willow in Virginia.

Holding love and good thoughts for Izzie and SBoy.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 12:14 pm
@McTag,
Ahoy crew! Harbour Master here.I would like to extend a heartfelt thanks to Petty Officer McT and his cabin boy for expertly navigating me through their local waters which were,up until now,uncharted by me.
I easily blended in with the urban natives and enjoyed the local cuisine which was familiar but different.This 'n That is a hidden gem.
The architecture,both old and new,was impressive.One particular ancient halls of learning immediatley reminded me of Hogwarts replete with it's ancient books and manuscripts.
The various modes of transport around the area I found to be very efficient,with some being free of charge.A very rare thing in this day and age.
The evening was spent in the company of two elder statesmen ,who,along with Petty Officer McT.regularly meet and discuss the pressing matters of previous days.Their dialect was unfamiliar to my ears but,after a short time,I began to understand most of what was being said,and even attempted to join in the conversation,which,I believe,was appreciated,as smiles and head nodding were aimed in my direction.I didn't understand the frequent head scratching and raising of eyebrows though.Perhaps a local custom that was not explained to me.
Long after the sun set,I climbed into my bunk,reflecting on a very enjoyable day one being "Oop north".
More on the reason I went "Oop north" later.
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 02:14 pm
I’m absolutely mortified and flummoxed in equal measure over Shakespeare’s maladroit usage of gender.

Now I know over the past few weeks in America, arguments about gender and sex and identity have been buzzing all around us. Gay marriage is now not just a liberal principle but a liberal piety - and one knows a piety from a principle because even those who oppose it have to pretend to honour its core point.

My core pieties rest both on the necessities of sexual diversity in all things and that all prejudice of any kind is always wrong… but that bed tricks and iambic pentameter are inherently virtuous.

In any case, there was Henry V on the table, and I arrived at Canterbury's famous speech on how the well regulated kingdom is like a bee hive. You know the one:

They have a king and officers of sorts;
Where some, like magistrates, correct at home,
Others, like merchants, venture trade abroad,
Others, like soldiers, armed in their stings,
Make boot upon the summer's velvet buds,
Which pillage they with merry march bring home
To the tent-royal of their emperor;
Who, busied in his majesty’ – yabber, yabber etc…

Well, you can well imagine my angst; how could Shakespeare know that much about the division of bee-labour, the drones and the workers and the rest, and not know that the big bee in the centre was - a girl bee?

Why make the top bee a king, and emperor, especially as Queen Elizabeth I was monarch at the time?

Checking with Virgil's Georgics, and sure enough, there too, the queen bee is transgendered, dressed up as a king bee - this despite some lovely stuff about how the bee-moms take care of the bee-kids.

To bee or not to bee– Shakespeare
To do is to bee– Nietzche
To bee is to do– Sartre
Do bee do bee do– Sinatra

If you would like to find out more about the plight of Tasmanian Beekeepers and Goat herders, check with Kel as I think I gave her all the details.

I hope the Captain and the Fruit of her Loins are both doing well and the young man is on the road to recovery. I am a supporter of private edukation being a product of said system, and look how well I turned owt! (((((IZ)))))

Get well soonest Tulip, it sounds like you could do with the services of a good chiropractor; I used to sing in a choir, so if I can be of any assistance…

Sweet Missy, remember Matthew 21:21 And Jesus answered, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen.”

Accept the new challenges of your projects, “Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the LORD your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.” Deuteronomy 31:6

I would also like to take the opportunity to set the record straight when I published the salaries:

Senior software engineer $132,503
Product manager $130,143
User interface engineer $129,136
Machine learning engineer $123,379
Engineering manager $123,379
Research scientist $123,308
Network engineer $121,500
Business development manager $115,000
Software engineer $111,562
Introductory software engineer $100,000

These trifling amounts do NOT relate to A2K salary pay scales – they are from: Facebook-employee-pay-packets-revealed.

Please do not write me, but if you have Pro Bono time check the notice board in reception.

God Save the Queen of England.
Thank you and have a good life.

mismi

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 08:39 pm
@Tryagain,
((Try))
Dutchy

Reply Sun 3 Jun, 2012 08:41 pm
@mismi,
Hi mismi, have you heard from our Captain? No news perhaps is good news. All well downunder on this cold monday morning. All well in Dixieland?
(((mismi)))

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 06/17/2024 at 07:12:11