"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 10:31 am
@Izzie,
Terrific. The school as bully.

buncha schmucks

I worry about the long-term ramifications for Sean. Assaulted by an adult. No consequences for the adult.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 10:38 am

Quote:

The written evidence is that 'the boys were play fighting, there was no ball involved in the incident, the older boy went to put his foot on Sean's stomach/chest mucking about, Sean moved his left arm across his stomach/chest to protect himself, causing the boy to fall and trip, landing on his wrist. The older boy then ran to get the Housemaster.'

Good grief. Really?

That is - of course - the easiest route for the school. Disappoints me greatly.

So sorry Izzie. ((S)) ((Iz))
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 10:45 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Sean feels.............. totally betrayed.

Perfectly understandable. More decisions ahead, I imagine.

Hugs all around.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 12:58 pm
I really do think some of you folks ought to knock off winding Izzie up. It sounds like an accident or at most a boisterous impulse and the school will be used to those sorts of things happening periodically.

Men in England do stiff upper lip stuff rather than being continually on the look out for compensation.

You'll end up with us all wrapped up in cotton wool being chucked under the chin by people who get a kick out of such things.

I would suggest to the parents of the lad whose whole life some of you seem bent on ruining for a thoughtless moment, and who hasn't had one of them, that they buy Sean a nice present.

I can't see most of what I'm reading here doing Sean the slightest bit of good. Quite the contrary.
spendius

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 01:02 pm
@spendius,
After that I would put on a magnanimity ceremony in the assembly where Sean and the putative soldier can shake hands, while the headmaster beams over an applauding audience with Land of Hope and Glory being played by the school band.
Barry The Mod

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 01:14 pm
@spendius,
Another impartial thought from Teacher....

Tell your friend to go to straight to the police - this is a big-time cover-up, and frankly, it stinks!! So, presumably the Head thinks that the younger group of boys IMAGINED that there was a ball. Also there is a big difference between accidentally falling onto someone's wrist and being in a standing position and stamping on it!! And, if the Head thinks it is "just mucking about", surely the older boy should have been hauled over the carpet for this kind of rough play. Bet he's protecting the older boy because "he's sitting his A'levels, the poor dear"!
This is rank out of order, and typical of a private school.

My final view - When you go to Private school,you sign up to play by their rules be it fair or foul.
spendius

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 01:38 pm
@Barry The Mod,
That's right. That's why they are posher. Schools of soft knocks are not so good for a life in the wild world.

A defence barrister would shred the story I have heard. And the headmaster will know it.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 02:22 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
the lad whose whole life some of you seem bent on ruining

you mean the spoiled man who should have known better than to injure another?

time for him to be toughened up by being forced to be responsible for his actions

I'm not a fan of the private school system here, and it seems it's no better in England.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 02:23 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:
...If we don't agree with it, we have the right for recourse...If Sean, his Dad and I decide we're not happy with the result, we will consider all our options and make a decision during half term (we break up on Friday)...We have other options we can pursue if the schools decision is to do nothing..."

So, what are these "other options"? We'll be waiting to hear what all of you decide to do. (Damn, I wish they'd done the right thing so this wouldn't be necessary!)

Of course Sean feels betrayed. He was! But he has you. If you defend him now, as I know you will, in the days (and years) to come, he will know who is truly on his side. And that will make all the difference.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 02:38 pm
Well--if you can't let it alone you can't let it alone.

Have fun.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 03:23 pm
@spendius,
I don't know Spendius.. I hear you.

But, what comes around goes around doesn't just quite fit here for me...

Off course this "kid" is going to have all his mates, rally and make up a make-believe story. Off course, Sean is going to feel betrayed because he is in pain, inside and out, inside as it was his mate.

I would have the boy alone, speak to Sean alone (with parents there but not in hearing range) and see if they can internally heal some of this, that to me is more important than broken bones, I think.. If Sean is "hurting".. I'd like to think he is defending his future but that he, would be able to say sorry and mean it and advise such, and I am wondering if this was said, "man to man" that Sean would then feel 'ok' with what happened...

But, I am also pretty sure a "medical examiner" can establish whether stomping over and over, or falling on ones rist, created that break Smile If you know what I mean.....

spendius

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 05:04 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
We live in a world FS in which a year without anybody in the military getting blown to bits causes questions in Parliament about what the military are for and whether the costs of Sgt Bilko/Colonel Hall style military operations are value for money.

A court is not like an A2k thread. What will the charge be? And without a conviction, and both sides well polarised, it's all downhill for all parties.

Don't push doors open unless you wish to enter.
ehBeth

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 05:07 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:
You'll end up with us all wrapped up in cotton wool being chucked under the chin by people who get a kick out of such things.

seems like the attacker has been wrapped in cotton wool already

I thought you'd be pleased
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 05:11 pm
@spendius,
I don't believe personally Court is the answer, geez I have a Property Manager that stole from me, time as well as wages in advance, who is claiming she is owed nearly $4k in holiday pay, she paid her own wages but is claiming she wasn't provided with the "appropriate" documentation in accordance with legislation and consequently her "proof" of that alone is valid. She was paid every single cent, year after year.. .Witch .

In any event that's the road I am going to have to go down and at least hope the records I do have, although not correct prove she is a lying witch and they go half half. Meanwhile, sell, sell, sell, Kel, Kel, Kel so that I have the money.

Anyways.....................phew. Got that off my chest. I don't believe that it will do any good although I am in Aussie Land, it's different everywhere. I think though that this "Adult" needs to be caught out "lying" and suspended full stop and that this "Adult" needs to apologise to Sean and make ammends because the healing "inside" is harder than the healing of the outside.

0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 29 May, 2012 05:15 pm
@ehBeth,
Quote:
I thought you'd be pleased

There is nothing pleasant in any of this.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 02:52 am

Spent part of last night at Hope Hospital, Salford, with m-i-l (90) with suspected TIA so they kept her in overnight and we came home about 3 a.m.
Doctors and nurses, wonderful, and the hospital (I'd never been in it before) is new, state-of-the-art. Very impressive, good old NHS.

Getting old is horrible, the alternative not recommended either.

M-i-l was fine when we left her, so we're hopeful (good name that, eh?) she'll be out today and back home.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 03:02 am
@McTag,
Such a sad thread at present.

Sending some blessed thoughts McTag. Goodness 90, what an age . M-i-l, did you miss a letter? Smile Glad she is back out .. That's excellent news.

Wishing to hug everyone who needs one today/tonight.. Think we all have situations on our minds that we need to heal, or work out...

SO..

(((HUGS)))
Dutchy

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 03:42 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thank you Found Soul, your thoughtfulness is much appreciated.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 10:49 am
In the Leveson hearings today a matter was discussed which is relevant to the case here. It was about how to legislate to allow ordinary people to seek legal redress and damages from various types of institutions and individuals which have injured them in some way.

A legal aid system for defamation or NHS malpractice would, Mr Kennetth Clarke claimed, produce thousands and thousands of claims from people "having a go" and with no money to lose.

He added that the government had no money to fund such a scheme. Plaintiffs needed money in case they lost the case. No win-no fee lawyers are not liable to the costs.

From the sketchy information provided the headmaster seems to have taken a position. That is was an accident during a bout of boyish boisterousness. I don't imagine he is going to back down so any action regarding the school, and presumably the Education Authority, is a "who has most money" situation.

Action against the bigger boy is out of the question without a criminal conviction and I can't see the Police becoming involved at this stage. Footballers routinely stamp on their opponents on TV, in high definition, with slow-motion replays of the incidents both during the game, in the post-match discussions and sometimes on the main evening news. And with obvious malice and intention.

Two foolish Scottish policemen once ran on the pitch and arrested a footballer who had delivered a right cross to the jaw to an opponent who had just previously kicked his legs from under him. It was agreed after a few days to forget all about it. To have legally upheld the arrest with a prosecution and a conviction would have been an unthinkable precedent.

I think a magnanimity festivity is the best solution. A brokered deal between Sean, the other lad and the school. It partakes of oneupmanship to forgive someone and the more serious the offence the more oneup the oneupmanship is.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 30 May, 2012 10:50 am
@spendius,
Most people who've had problems with the NHS just want an apology.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/26/2024 at 08:46:11