"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Rockhead

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 04:33 pm
@margo,
grits.

a rap group...

also a breakfast food or side dish made from specially processed corn popular in the American South...
0 Replies

Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 06:36 pm
Margo, when Rockhead says "corn", he means "maize." That's what grits is -- a processed cereal product made chiefly from . . .
0 Replies

margo

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 07:45 pm
thanks, gentlemen....doesn't sound too attractive?
Lustig Andrei

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 07:56 pm
@margo,
Depends. It's mainly a Southern dish but there are places in the North that will serve grits in lieu of potatoes if you ask for 'em. Well prepared, I happen to like it quite a bit.
Rockhead

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 08:13 pm
@margo,
gram loves them.

I can eat them, but would prefer oat meal or cream of wheat or many other things I can't eat.

I had hoped they might be an acquired taste, but sadly not. I still have them once in a while anyways...
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 08:35 pm
@Lustig Andrei,
I like grits. I like polenta. I like fresh picked corn. Fine with posole. Love a good tamal, get huffy with bad ones.
Never did get into canned hominy as a kid, and haven't see it in the stores since.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 09:07 pm
Grits is a anagram for Girls Raised In The South...ain't it?

Of course I love grits.

I am no sure about Agave...or whatever that is...

((Tryagain)) Go0d to see you man. Wink

Thoughts are still constant for Dear Dutchy.
Letty

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 03:05 am
@mismi,
Hominy Grits,

http://static.caloriecount.about.com/images/medium/quaker-oats-hominy-grits-160880.jpg

Still thinking about our Dutchman.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 04:11 am
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

cheesy grits with shrimp and bacon!!!

Sorry to hear that Dutchy is still down and out. Get ye well soon, Dutchy. We miss you around here.
mismi

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 05:19 am
@JPB,
Yum Letty...

and JPB. That is one of my favorite dishes. Shrimp and grits.
0 Replies

wandeljw

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 06:31 am
Many years ago, one of my cousins from Germany got a scholarship at Duke University in North Carolina. When I visited her she made sure that I ate southern dishes only. She said whenever I am visiting a different place I should take advantage of the native cuisine.

A North Carolina man took us on a local tour and asked me where I was from. I told him that I am from Chicago and visitng my favorite cousin. (He gave me a "knowing" look -- maybe an inside southern thing. Smile )
spendius

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 06:42 am
@wandeljw,
Seems like she looked a bit of alright to the tour guide.

You are to be congratulated on being of the same genetic stock as someone who got a scholarship at Duke University and a looker to boot.
Izzie

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 08:03 am
@spendius,
Gooooood Afternoon Smile

Between us, FoundSoul thank you, we will get all messages to Danny - thank you for all suggestions and well wishes - they will be given to him. If anyone wishes to send Danny a card/letter, FS has a PO Box to which they can be addressed - please PM either of us for details.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Man, what a week it's been Neutral Weekus horriblis!

So glad to have my little fella home and to see him smiling and laughing - it's been a very tough week for him, well, for our family, I'm so glad he's home. He's classically composing on Sibelius at the moment - a passion... well, that and history!!!! We've been mime-lalalllllaing with virtual dj too - so.much.fun. Who knew we could sing so well withour making a sound, and in so many different ways? Mr. Green ahahhahaha, methinks DannyBoy would be hardyharharring Razz

We're going to have a very relaxing weekend and right now, we're sharing a bag of Galaxy Minstrels... nom nom nom... mmmmmmmm!

It's chilly and grey outside - I have lens issues, noise issues, bigger supplier issues and protracted email hooplahcrahp that is just thoroughly infuriating - I feel a chick flick coming on Razz

Wishing the woild a great weekend ahead and...

thinking of y'all... sending hugs and love to those near and far...

x

Muse

llallaalaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
mismi

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 09:26 am
@wandeljw,
Quote:
A North Carolina man took us on a local tour and asked me where I was from. I told him that I am from Chicago and visitng my favorite cousin. (He gave me a "knowing" look -- maybe an inside southern thing. )

Well you know...it ain't a problem if they are 2nd or 3rd....right?
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 28 Apr, 2012 09:28 am
@Izzie,
Quote:
Man, what a week it's been Weekus horriblis!

So sorry sweet Iz. ((Izzie)) Glad S is home. I hope your weekend turns out to e wonderful. Love you.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 07:54 am
oh what terrible weather we are having! Rain, rain and yet more rain!
Am trying to get myself well as have been ill for week and a bit! Am now on iron pills, vitamin B, C and zinc! Had no energy for anything, lost my voice in the week and was sent home from work! I still ache everywhere but at least the cold seems to have come out a bit! Nose running, cough is coughing, Joints are aching! I like to keep myself busy but have been unable to anything! Even walking the dogs is hard! I might make an appointment again at the doctors! So am just sounding off as I am not used to doing nothing!

Am wishing you all a good weekend and Danny move boy and eat!! X Looking forward to hearing you are home! Hugs X
Izzie

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:26 am
@annis,
Love you too ((((Mis)))))

Tulip - horribly stormy here... and brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... not even little brrrrrrrrrrr.... BIG BRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Do hope you will feel better soon - I know it's taking it's toll on you now. ((((Tulip))))xxx

Thinking of those far and near...

((Y'all))x--->
annis

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:32 am
@Izzie,
Hey Iz I will be ok! just ok! Look after you and yours! Hugs to all X
Izzie

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 09:35 am
@annis,
Hey, can you talk if I phone??
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 Apr, 2012 10:26 am
http://imgc.allpostersimages.com/images/P-473-488-90/61/6109/V9ZF100Z/posters/constantin-alajalov-telephone-party-line-june-7-1952.jpg

thank goodness for ship to shore operators

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kaqwGcTfJuE/SaNdU_rk22I/AAAAAAAAAmc/utSPYSZ9FLI/s320/telephone-operators.jpg

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/24/2024 at 06:59:46