"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

wandeljw

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 09:32 am
@Izzie,
Thanks, Izzie. Please reserve the most comfortable lounging facilities for our Dutchy.
mismi

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 09:36 am
@wandeljw,
Very happy to hear that Izzie!
(((Dear Dutchy)))

Hugs to all
mis
0 Replies

annis

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 09:41 am
oh good news about Danny! Keep trying to walk that ward! Drink and eat, you'll soon be back up to par! Am keeping my healing thoughts going! Hugs to all especially Danny X
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 03:56 pm
@Izzie,
I hope and pray that his fear is short lived, and they work out why he can not get as much oxygen, and I don't care if he takes months before typing away, his humor and wit, intelligence and charm as long as he feels better and smiles again.

Thanks Izzie, for the up-date...

Sending positive thoughts and love.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 05:12 pm
waiting for Dutchy in the Yabber Lounge

http://www.ssmaritime.com/aurelia-jacoba-1962-1.jpg

no rush to reply

we'll be toasting to Dutchy's good health while we wait

the barman is ready ...

http://www.ssmaritime.com/aurelia-jacoba-1962-5.jpg

(interesting page of a young woman from the Netherlands - who went to Australia & then home again http://www.ssmaritime.com/aurelia-jacoba.htm )

0 Replies

Stormwatch

Reply Wed 25 Apr, 2012 07:02 pm
Glad to hear some good news about our Dutchy. Still sending positive thoughts to Dutchy and Mrs Dutchy to stay strong. One step at a time....
FlavourQueen

Reply Thu 26 Apr, 2012 11:04 am
@Stormwatch,
Hello Yabber liners - Izzie told me about Dutchy and I have just got on board to see how he is doing - My prayers are with you Bosun Bear - Never give up sunshine - you still need to meet me and Iz yet!!
Love you D boy x x x
Hope all you guys are doing well - big hugs to all

FQ x x x
Izzie

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 05:35 am
@FlavourQueen,
Hello Crew

Hope y’all are having a good day and life is being gentle.

Danny's still in hospital and they’re going to be running further tests next week (Wed… trying to bring it forward to Monday). He has goodish times and then not so goodish times – MrsDanny knows as soon as she speaks to him and sees him whether it’s a good or not so good day. Physio is pleased that he is able to walk along the corridor – however, the cough he has takes him from low BP to high BP each time he coughs – nasty nasty cough. Everything / all the investigations the docs have done so far have ruled out the obvious problems – heart and lungs are good etcetc… so, full MRI gonna be the next thang and we’ll take it a day at a time.

He’s not up to doing very much, is on an emotional rollercoaster, but he has the Aussie fighting Spirit and he’s not giving up or giving in, he is frustrated and the unknown is skeeery. He’s also mighty peed off at feeling ill all the time and has no appetite at all - and we all know how much he loves his fodder.

MrsDanny is bearing up well – again, moments of great sadness and wishing him home so badly - but mostly, she’s keeping as positive as is possible, she’s one brilliant Sheila and she's missing her man. Danny saw his Son and DIL today for a brief visit which did cheer him up Very Happy

So, please keep the positivity, thoughts, healing wishes and prayers going for our Danny to return to wellness and for him to be able to go home.

((((((((Crew))))))))
Izzie

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 05:36 am
@FlavourQueen,
Sis - we so need a catchup - miss you madly baby girl. x
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 05:51 am
@Izzie,
Many thanks again, Iz.
Ah, poor Danny ... yet more tests.
No wonder he's so frustrated, say nothing of being under-the-weather for this amount of time.

Do you know if he's able to access the internet yet, Iz?
I'm wondering if he's able to read this thread.

If so, a big hug to you, Danny.
Fingers crossed that all this testing will be over soon & the doctors are able to successfully treat this mystery condition that's been ailing you.
Hang in there, possum.
Izzie

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 06:10 am
@msolga,
He isn't able to read the thread MzO

He's... not able2 talk "out loud" or see "out loud"... his bubble is the hospital right now - he's not able2 do puzzles or reading or anything really...

MrsDanny and I talked about this at length - it's like... when things happen and you shut off all the peripheral vision and sound just to get through to the next day with a hope to feel physically and mentally better.

If I could give him my very best lens, I would do it a heartbeat.

<makes me sad... tears>

OK... so there's an idea... if anyone wishes to take photos or post pics and other messages... we'll get them to him.

Going to pick up my camera!
msolga

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 06:17 am
@Izzie,
Aw, that's sad, so unlike him, Iz.
And time must pass so slowly.
Sigh.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 06:19 am
I'm no expert but I know that there's a waterborne fungal infection called "histoplasmosis" which can attack the heart. Dylan caught it. And I know Dutch was fond of activities in boats.

It's rare enough for some doctors never to have heard of it. Dylan was six weeks off his feet.

I'm not diagnosing Dutch's condition. It's only a suggestion.

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 06:27 am
Thinking about our wonderful Dutchy each day.

Hoping he's going to feel stronger soon and wants to do his puzzles again.

0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 06:31 am
I think it's good they're doing more testing, as aggravating as that can be. Hugs from here, Danny.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 01:27 pm
@Izzie,
I am so sad to hear he is still having trouble Izzie. I can't imagine how hard this must be for him. The boys and I got a card off to him...I hope he gets it soon. I miss our Dear Dutchy!

Hugs to all...
mis
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 02:03 pm
Thank you for the update on the condition of Dutchy Ms Izzie, however I do blame myself for being somewhat rambunctious in my recent debate with him over the correct word to describe a woman who is expecting three sets of triplets.

While there is clearly room for debate about the correct grammatical term for a woman who has nine children, as a Southern classicists (I have a classy trailer) I have insisted on using the ordinal Latin term,’ nona’ meaning ninth, rather than the cardinal alternative, ‘novem’, meaning nine as favored by Dutchy, or indeed the Greek, ‘ennea’, which I believe was proposed by JW Wandel.

Leaving aside Wandels hilarious contribution to the deliberation, is there any amongst y’all who would like to make a contribution as to the relative merits of each term, or indeed how do you weigh the relative merits and how much does a merit weigh. After all, if you weigh a whale at a whale-weigh station, where do you weigh a pie?

UPDATE EDIT: Thank you Missy; ‘Somewhere over the rainbow, way up high…’

Oh, I get it…. (weigh a pie)!!!
How Dutchy will laugh when he reads that! The lawd does indeed work in mysterious ways.

Come back soon Dutchy I want to hear the eagle has landed.

I have a book of very old Appalachian recipes and this morning I awoke to a hankerin’ for some grits. Doesn’t hit me every morning, but when it does, I know better than to ignore said hankerin’. Anyhow, I slow cooked my grits and accidentally over salted them. Bummer- I didn’t have 20 more minutes to cook a new batch.

To counteract salt, add sweet you big dummy my brain told me. My first thought was maple syrup which I have had in grits before. It’s good. But then I thought, why not try agave this morning. A squirt later and I knew why I hadn’t heard of Agave Grits. Really not a good combination. Almost sickly sweet.

Just add the maple syrup, can’t screw it up any more than you already have said my brain. My hand followed the thought and poured in the syrup. So much for free will.

The result! A deliciously sweet combination. The agave softened the maple edge and elevated the sweetness just enough to make every bite a winner.
Should any of y’all have the same said hankerin’ :

Sweet Grits
Slow cooked grits:

Bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add salt and 1 count oil.
Add 6 Tbsp grits.
Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for about 20 mins. Stir every 4-5 mins.

When thickened, add:

1 Tbsp butter
More salt- the salt in this dish really counteracts the sweetness.
2-3 Tbsp agave syrup
2 Tbsp maple syrup

Mix it all up, pour into a bowl. Make sure that you wash your pan right away or the grits will turn into cement if you don’t.

Speaking of cement…
The first course, Cement and Its Impact on Concrete Performance, is a six-part series on concrete and cement technology that explains cement's role in sustainability, cement types and applications, and how cement affects the performance of the final product, concrete.

Each hour-long module focuses on professional development while addressing relevant topics and issues for today's construction professional. The course is self-paced and can be taken without travel and time commitments of conventional kookin’ classes.

Early booking advised in A2K reception.

Have a great weekend all y’all.

margo

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 02:46 pm
Wot's grits?

G'day Dutchy Very Happy
Izzie

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 02:57 pm
@Tryagain,
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/96/Agave_tequilana_2.jpg/250px-Agave_tequilana_2.jpg
Blue Agave (Agave tequilana) at Dona Engracia hacienda, Jalisco, Mexico

Agave tequilana, commonly called blue agave (agave azul), tequila agave, mezcal or maguey is an agave plant that is an important economic product of Jalisco, Mexico, due to its role as the base ingredient of tequila, a popular distilled spirit. The high production of sugars, mostly in the form of fructose, in the core of the plant is its most important characteristic, making it suitable for the preparation of alcoholic beverages.

The tequila agave is a native of Jalisco, Mexico. The plant favors altitudes of more than 1,500 meters and grows in rich and sandy soils. Blue agave plants grow into large succulents, with spiky fleshy leaves, that can reach over two meters in height. Agaves sprout a stalk (quiote) when about five years old that can grow an additional five meters; they are topped with yellow flowers. This stalk is cut off from commercial plants so the plant will put more energy into the heart.

Oh honey honey, lala la la la la... oh sugar sugar...

prickly.... but a poifect plant! Wink just watch yer sprouted stalk! Shocked Mr. Green

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/61/Concentrado_de_Agave.jpg/195px-Concentrado_de_Agave.jpg

Sombrero 'ver the rainbow... llalallla

DannyBoy loves a drop of amber nectar! Razz
FOUND SOUL

Reply Fri 27 Apr, 2012 03:36 pm
@Izzie,
I wish Danny would read, would do his cross words, make the day go faster, each day... I am happy to hand deliver another envelope and have given you my PO Box, Izzie when you open your PM's again off course I don't mind, will gladly do it... He needs to read, and smile...He needs to get better and eat...

The Hospital he is in, is the best in Australia apparently.. Sending my love and prayers that they work it out on (Mon or Wed) .
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/26/2024 at 04:12:28