"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 08:05 am
@izzythepush,
Love Elvis Costello too!

This is the one I think of with Elvis Costello (and Notting Hill's She)

Don't start me talking, I could talk all night, My mind goes sleepwalking, While I'm putting the world to right lllllallala <I resemble that remark>

and I recognise this rain... it's chucking it down here!

Off to have a li'l cat nap, it's brrrrrrrrr here - catchy'all later

thoughts to those far and near...

((crew)) x
izzythepush

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 09:53 am
@Izzie,
Enjoy your 40 winks.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 11:14 am
@Izzie,
nice to see you on board, captain...

some more elvis for after your nap.

lovely pics...
Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 12:44 pm
@Rockhead,
Thank you Very Happy

Fancy me a bit of Daniel Powter

lallallala blue sky holiday...sometimes the system goes on the blink....kick up the leaves...lalalllllllllllllllaa

Rockhead

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 02:15 pm
@Izzie,
Stinky has left the building. again...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYiwxM_RVEI

strength and warm breezes for the whole boat.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 03:30 pm
@Izzie,
Awee, Murphy looks like he be the boss Smile He reminds me of my darling Samboy who is no longer with us.

((((Izzie)))) My gravel looks like your gravel, little green things dying to grow through it, too scared to spray, my little black rabbit runs around and eats sour sobs, but I can tell you love gardening, like me Smile

We have around 10 Orchids and counting... I noted one on your table.........

((Kitchenhand)) haha, I can cook !!!!
ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 04:19 pm
for Dannyboy

whatever it takes
whatever it takes

0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 04:22 pm
and for everyone who likes an Elvis (I get to plug Ron Sexsmith again Very Happy )

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 22 Apr, 2012 04:30 pm
@FOUND SOUL,

Rockhead wrote:

Stinky has left the building. again...

Hope he comes back soon!

FOUND SOUL wrote:

Awee, Murphy looks like he be the boss Smile He reminds me of my darling Samboy who is no longer with us.

((((Izzie)))) My gravel looks like your gravel, little green things dying to grow through it, too scared to spray, my little black rabbit runs around and eats sour sobs, but I can tell you love gardening, like me Smile

Ha! No No, the Black Kitty is the total boss of the house and brings in plenty of gifts - rabbits, water voles and too many boids and mice and shrews to count - Bless Shocked - he rules completely and keep the animals in their pecking order but he's the biggest MaMa's boy in the woild - we communicate Shocked . Murphy is so schloomphy and both cats have massive trust, you can do anything with them - Murph just lays on his back most of the day depositing fluff everywhere and both the dawgs tolerate the cats!

When they play they are very naughty - do make me chuckle tho.

Love the garden - it has suddenly started growing SSSSSSooooo fast... unbelievable difference in just a week with the sun and rain. Love it. River's up, louder than ever - LOVE THAT too.

K - gonna settle down now so happy Monday FS, Healing Wishes BEAgle- hoping and praying for good news this week, Spike, Deb and MargoShelia... and hope the rest of the crew had good weekends. Missy - thinking of you - love much baby girl xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

((Blue)) xox x

Near and far, love x

Iz x
Izzie

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 05:51 am
Afternoon All

Brrrrrrr and very rainy here, river is rushing by; big, brown and rather loud!

Kitties are still tumbling - they don't like it out in the pouring rain so are acting like bored kids at the moment Mr. Green

Feel the need for some piano time today.

Thinking of those near and far who need healing wishes. Hugs and big love

Iz xx
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 06:08 am
I expected St. Georges day (the patron saint of England) to be a sort of Callithumpian Parade, but due to the defining silence it would take a flibbertigibbet to make it so.

I thought I would go and visit young Dutch when I was struck by an interesting historical question - when we say Out of Office, why does it sometimes get shortened to ‘OOF’? Shouldn’t it be ‘OOO’?

Do you remember OOF was a command used in the days of Microsoft’s Xenix mail system, which set a user as ‘Out of Facility’ - ie Out of the Office.

The usage of the term ‘OOF’ just stuck, as did the term ‘Little r’ (e.g. on an email sent to a distribution list, "Who wants to go to the cinema tonight? Little ‘r’ if you’re interested", meaning reply just to me) - as preserved in Outlook with CTRL+R for Reply, and CTRL+SHIFT+R (aka Big R) for Reply All. Happy days indeed.

I feel I must interject a word of caution at this point as I was reading a news article to-day and it struck me that ships are increasingly inclined to flounder nowadays, presumably something less staid and passé than foundering, which ships in trouble were wont to do.

A quick search gives 600 hits for 'foundering ship' and 300 hits for 'floundering ships'. The latter is by no means an insignificant proportion of the former, and cannot be explained away as typographical errors. Has this usage become accepted amongst the A2K hoi-polloi?

As promised Dutchy, this is my recipe for Goat Cheese Mousse with Red-Wine Caramel:

Ingredients 2 cups dry red wine 1/2 cup ruby port 1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns 1 shallot, minced 2 thyme sprigs plus 1/2 teaspoon chopped thyme 1 1/2 cups sugar 4 cups strawberries, hulled (2 pints) 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest 2 tablespoons water One 11-ounce log of fresh goat cheese, softened 2 tablespoons heavy cream Pinch of freshly ground pepper Crostini and toasted walnuts, for serving.

1. In a saucepan, bring the wine, port, black peppercorns, shallot, thyme sprigs and 1 cup of the sugar to a boil, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Using a moistened pastry brush, wash down any sugar crystals on the side of the pan. Cook over moderate heat, without stirring, until syrupy and reduced to 1 cup, about 35 minutes. Strain and discard the solids. Let the caramel cool slightly.

2. Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, toss the strawberries, orange zest, water and the remaining 1/2 cup of sugar and let stand until juicy, about 30 minutes.

3. Bring the strawberries to a boil and simmer over moderate heat until slightly thickened and jammy, about 15 minutes. Transfer the compote to a bowl and let cool.

4. In a medium bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the goat cheese, cream, ground pepper and chopped thyme until creamy. Spoon the mousse into a bowl and serve with the compote, caramel, crostini and walnuts so guests can assemble their own.

Make Ahead The caramel, strawberries and mousse can be refrigerated separately for up to 3 days. Bring to room temperature before serving.

This crostini topped with goat cheese mousse, red-wine caramel and strawberry compote, is a delightful example of a dish that combines sweet and savory.

Each component can be used in a variety of sweet and savory ways: The caramel, for instance, is great drizzled over pecorino cheese or vanilla ice cream.

Sling that lot down your neck along with a few cold cans of Fosters and you’ll soon be apples mate.

Wishing all crew and all those ashore the very, very best for the coming week. X

Oh, Hi Izzie; afternoon already over there! I hope all is well in Devonshire and St. George has slayed all your local dragons. Nice pictures btw.

Izzie

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 06:28 am
@Tryagain,
Morning ((((((Blue)))))))

"flibbertigibbet" - one of my favourite woids! Very Happy and Oooooooooooh being another - ha!

Ooooooooooh straws... you've given me an idea - strawberry jam on toast for lunch... mmmmmmmmmmmm!

Now, OOF in IzWoild is Out Of Focus... then of course, when that happens with a capture it converts to O4FS Embarrassed My bad!

Lacking focus today and I still don't have a camera lens back that was sent away 3.5 weeks ago - apparently I'm getting it back this week - had a bit of grrrrrrrr and firebreathing with the supplier last week about it - so lost without my macro! All should be well by the end of the week - so that iz happy days.

You have a great day Blue and hugs to you and yours. xxxx-> ((((lyBlue)))) xox
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 08:30 am
@Izzie,
Any news of Dutchy?
Izzie

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 09:59 am
@dlowan,
Will be calling MrsDanny tomorrow early morning (UKtime) - Danny will hopefully have had further physio sessions by then to try and get him up and about, but they knew that he wouldn't be seeing the consultants over the weekend, just monitoring. She's hoping that a new Professor would be onboard with further investigations early this week so they may be a little further forward with a prognosis.

Long haul. Keeping the healing wishes going.
mismi

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 12:47 pm
@Izzie,
((Izzie)) ((Danny))
Thanks for the update hun. <3
Love you!
Hugs to all.
mis
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Mon 23 Apr, 2012 01:29 pm
Just foud out today about Dutchy's illness.I have nothing clever to say , just best wishes for a speedy and permanent recovery . Getting out of a hospital is first step in the recovery process.
whiteviolets

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 03:25 am
@farmerman,
Going to Paris tomorrow and will light a candle for Danny in Notre Dame. In my thoughts daily, dear friend.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 03:46 am
@whiteviolets,
Feels horrible one month on, miss my little friend who is great at wining Smile

Tried to put a picture of my "bunny" on here IZZIE, would not work.. Glad your cats can't get him Smile

Izzie

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 08:47 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Good Afternoon!

Had a long chat with MrsDanny today Very Happy Ha, she's FAB!

The excellent news iz... they are hopeful for Danny to be home by the end of the week - that's Plan A and we all love a Plan A!

Now, thing is, they still don't know what's causing the problems - so the physio is working extremely hard with him to try and get more oxygen to the heart - this means getting him up and about and trying just to do simple every day thangs and to try and build up his stamina.

Naturally, tho it's very good news to know that there isn't something horribly wrong to find... but it does leave Danny with the fear of what may happen, a very real fear - so we need heaps of positive thinking for our Spring Chook that he has to "live" not just be "alive"... however, understanding how difficult it is to leave the bubble of hospital and get back into life, well, it is going to take him a long while to get back to some normality. They do live very near the hospital and the emergency services are able to get to them quickly - so that is reassuring.

MrsDanny is bearing up well, she's not enjoying having to be a tough 'ole boot with him - sometimes tho, it's necessary because she isn't going to give up on him! Neither are we.

Danny, if you read this at a later date - remember A doesn't want to holler at you - but man, she will - so behave!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wink Please eat and drink, get your strength back. Rest when you need to, lean when you need to.

Again, they are both so very thankful and moved by all your thoughts, wishes and prayers. It is a very emotional time for the family - but, with all good graces, Danny will hopefully be home soon... and we'll take it from there, a day at a time. I am hoping to be able to talk with him on Friday Very Happy which will be massive smile time!

Unfortunately, Danny probably won't be able to reply or respond to emails/PM's for a while yet - he may be up to reading but probably not posting for a little bit and it may take him a while before he can fly around the threads... it's not that he doesn't wish to acknowledge everyone who has wished him well - it's just emotionally it's a little difficult - so please bear with him whilst he lounges on the deck.

It is incredibly good news to hear he'll be going home Very Happy so please do keep all the good wishes going for him and we'll hope that Plan A is going to be successful.

(((((((((((((DannyBoy)))))))))))))) x

must go zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - see y'all later
JPB

Reply Tue 24 Apr, 2012 08:57 am
Get well soon, Dutchy. We miss you!
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/06/2024 at 10:17:00