"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

Letty

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 10:46 am
You know, I wonder if all Dutchy needs is a pace maker. So long ago, Bud had six bypasses, and to this day, I wonder if a pace maker would have been sufficient.

Izzie, you might want to mention that to Mrs. Beagle.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 11:10 am
Sending more positive vibes to Danny, each vibe travelling in a virtual Albuquerque balloon:

http://static.travel.usnews.com/images/destinations/275/albuquerque_international_balloon_festival.jpg
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 11:50 am
@Izzie,
a heart song for Dutchy...

whiteviolets

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 12:36 pm
@Rockhead,
I have received an email from a2k to say that someone has PM'd me but my inbox shows as empty. So would the sender please accept my thx and bear with me until I can access the msg, with a2k help . Dutchy - loving and hoping...
0 Replies

devriesj

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 01:11 pm
@Izzie,
Thanks for the update, Iz-! Still praying and sending good thoughts for Danny's recovery.
devriesj

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 02:18 pm
@devriesj,
How about a Dutch import for our favorite Dutch-Australian import?:
http://www.goldenjugliquor.com/product_images/m/474/Grolsch_6pk_Btls_WEB__56564_zoom.jpg
I realize he can't imbibe just yet, but here's hoping he can really soon.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 02:24 pm

I hope when I get proper poorly, I get as much attention.

I'm starting to feel a bit peaky now, actually. Wink
Rockhead

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 02:31 pm
@McTag,
quit eating that stinky cheese and try some fiber, McT...

what's worse than a whinging Scotsman?
McTag

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 02:52 pm
@Rockhead,
(irony)
0 Replies

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 03:37 pm
Sending best wishes and Irish magic to Dutchy. Get well soon, mate.

IRISH MAGIC.
https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQzAqbeVOn714fJOsj5f0LYGxiUD6DH65E7msjv-4oTfY98kKiv1w
What else!
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 04:45 pm
I'm over to mr vw's to do my concrete magic on his pond.

I stopped over to see my friend Niel, the dutch plant guru. he reminds me of what I think Dutchy might be like. except he doesn't drink...

got way too many cool plants from him to take home and put in the garden. bottle brush plant, and donkey's tail plant, and some tequila sunrise purslane, and...

you get the picture.

glad I stopped at the food store first...

Niel has been retired since I knew him, but his greenhouse is always full of oddities and wonders.

old guys rock...
Lustig Andrei

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 05:54 pm
@Rockhead,
Rockhead wrote:

old guys rock...

Why, thank you, Rocky. Smile
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 06:11 pm
@McTag,
Ha, McTag!

Thank you for the update, Iz.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 07:34 pm
@Izzie,
Good on the good news, continued prayers and well wishes for Dutchy and all of his loved ones.

0 Replies

firefly

Reply Tue 17 Apr, 2012 11:40 pm
@Izzie,
Oh, I just learned about this from Found Soul in the License Plate thread. I had been wondering where Dutchy was and I hoped he was off on some nice vacation somewhere. I am so very very sorry to hear of his health problems.

He has a great many people sending positive vibes and love his way. I hope we can all help to buoy his spirits. ((((((Dutchy)))))).

And to warm his heart, and help him get his strength back, I'm sending him some homemade chicken soup--guaranteed good for whatever ails ya--made with a big dose of love and flavored with much caring.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VmDvj4pzMdc/TwJaeS6IqrI/AAAAAAAAEbk/cRu4MQb3xv4/s400/chicken+noodle+soup.jpg
http://images.zwani.com/graphics/get_well/images/getwells001.gif
WE MISS YOU, DUTCHY.
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 12:29 am
@firefly,
[urlhttp://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab292/CHANDLERSWISH/393914_3200695182031_1405606936_33283180_1610670374_n1.jpg][/url]

((IZZIE)) I thought when Dutchy was better, we could all jump on this boat, happy to hire it for us all Smile

Well, I leave in around 30 minutes to deliver the package..to Mr Dutchy's letterbox for hopefully, his wife to find it and deliver it tomorrow for everyone... I hope he be smiling lots and lots and DRINKS! Told him I'd get on my broomstick and get over there if he doesn't, to which I am sure I can here him say PFTTTTTTTT ...

Beautiful day in Adelaide, 30 degrees and sunny... Hugs Izzie, all about to go on its way Smile

I will be sure to add your post Firefly...
firefly

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 12:45 am
@FOUND SOUL,
Thanks, FS. I appreciate that.

And I'm ready to hop aboard the fantastic Yabber-Liner of the seas that you've found for Dutchy's recuperation cruise. Smile
FOUND SOUL

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 02:48 am
@firefly,
All done, the package has landed at Dutchy's home, printed yours out firefly and added it in Smile

Oh I am so ready as well to jump on the Yabber Liner for his recuperation cruise, but, but, not without a couple of bottles of champagne Smile
Izzie

Reply Wed 18 Apr, 2012 03:56 pm
@FOUND SOUL,
Y'all are FABULOUS!

Thank you so much to Found Soul - the Bosun should have received his messages by now - there were very many so it'll take a while to get through them all. Will let you know on Friday after I've spoken with Anna again, how he's doin'.

HEALING WISHES Dear Danny... you're crew think the woild of you... get thee home as soon as possible and back into the comfort of your home. Please let the docs do what they need to do.. when you're ready... let's waltz a? Love you Danny xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Taggers - ahahhahaha.... feeling a tad peaky........ oooooh, way to much scope there fella Embarrassed Rest assured ma wee matey, you will get TLC too should you feel a little poorly. Wink I love I-Ronnie!

Humour is the best medicine from days gone by.

Aye, Ronnie

Tell us how band practise is going, if you would? Hugs to you and the Cabin Boy x

Missy - I'm thinking of you too baby girl... ((((((((((((((((((Missy)))))))))))))) xox xxxxx

0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Fri 20 Apr, 2012 05:51 am
Good Morning Very Happy

Finally, some good news about our DannyBoy

Have just had the best phonecall with MrsDanny and … first up – Danny had some improvement today – well enough to actually do a puzzle. It’s the first time she has seen real improvement in him where he was more chipper, more Dannylike, and there is hope for him coming home – maybe towards the end of next week.

The doctors are still running a gamut of tests… they simply don’t know what’s causing the problems he’s experiencing but they have called in a Professor now who may come up with some answers. Danny’s now seeing a physio to help him get up and about and he has taken a few steps today and walked a little. He’s had a little setback tonight feeling poorly again, and is very tired – but this could be due to the exertion earlier having been pretty much on his back for the last week. He does have his own room at the hospital so thankfully he has his privacy and if the physio can get him moving around a little bit next week, depending on how he fares, possibly he will be able to go home (quite tentative about saying that, but MrsDanny is hopeful this will happen provided he is well enough and she’s able to take care of him). It is going to be a very long haul – but being back with MrsDanny with all his home comforts, the garden and his bits and pieces around him, that would do him the woild of good. He’s been able to talk with his son and other family members too.

Danny and MrsDanny wished to convey their heartfelt thanks to everyone, near and far, who have been pulling for them and for all the well wishes, prayers and love – he received every message (thank you FS for delivering them, so very appreciated) and became quite emotional reading them… it does mean the woild to him and he’s so thankful to y’all.

Ever hopeful that Danny will continue to improve, MrsD and I will be in regular contact and keep you posted. Next week, who knows, maybe Danny will be there to answer the phone. Big hope and lotsa love to D&A!

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.16 seconds on 05/16/2024 at 10:22:15