"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

McTag

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 09:43 am
@izzythepush,

Thank you.
Paul McCartney said something about it, too, in song.

Today in the caff, I had bangers and mash, which also hit the spot. Maybe a different spot. Her indoors had the fish pie. Very nice.
One of the chefs is from Vancouver, Canada, we found out.
McTag

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 12:58 am
@McTag,

Yesterday we bought tickets for a show.
It's Wonderful Town with Connie Fisher, at the Lowry.
We're going there tonight. I'm not big on modern musical theatre, like some folks here, so this is a bit of a departure for me/us, but we have heard that the show is marvellous, so here goes.
I do love the "American songbook", though, so am looking forward to seeing what they do with it.

http://www.wonderfultown.co.uk/about-the-show/
spendius

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:21 am
@McTag,
Quote:
One of the chefs is from Vancouver, Canada, we found out.

I know a chap from the North West who is living in Vancouver and here's a chap from Vancouver in our North West.

Weird innit?
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 07:24 am
@McTag,
I bet Wonderful Town misses out Doc Boggs, Robert Johnson and that Mystery Train **** of Greil Marcus.
0 Replies

Barry The Mod

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 02:44 pm
Went into Greenwich Village on Wednesday to watch a movie (no change there then) and had to pass by the old Naval College,where I spied a rather large film crew....
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/barrythemod/To%20Forward/009-1-1.jpg

Not very surprising as it is often host to film makers eg. Pirates Of The Caribbean and Sherlock Holmes to name but two.So,I went to the main entrance to see what was going on,only to be met by security peeps trying to keep it a "locked down" set.No cameras,no recording equipment etc.I did spy soldiers in very old uniforms marching about and a few horses but due to the no camera rule,I couldn't take any pics there.BTW,I only had my little camera with me which meant I had to use full zoom so sorry for the lack of detail in the following pics. Time to use my local knowledge.I back-tracked to the main road and peered through the railings and saw a cast of hundreds,moving from right to left, waving flags and singing....
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/barrythemod/To%20Forward/014.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/barrythemod/To%20Forward/013-1-1.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/barrythemod/To%20Forward/012-1.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af138/barrythemod/To%20Forward/011-2.jpg

Here's what is to come to our cinemas this time next year....
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1707386/

"Interesting" casting.Didn't know Russell Crowe or Hugh Jackman could sing.Colm Wilkinson is relegated to The Bishop and Sacha Baron Cohen,aka Borat,plays Monsieur Thenardier.

Things that make you go "Hmmmmmmmmm Shocked "
wandeljw

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 02:47 pm
@Barry The Mod,
Very exciting, Barry. Definitely a major production. Hugh Jackman sang and danced in Broadway musicals before he made films.

Also, Russell Crowe was the lead singer for a rock band before he became an actor.
Barry The Mod

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 02:59 pm
@wandeljw,
Oh yeah,thanks Wj....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFjxMGM36Hk
Hugh Jackman Sings "Oh, What a Beautiful Mornin'"
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 03:33 pm
A great man was laid to rest yesterday. He was a career marine, a Vietnam vet, a husband, father, grandfather, and great grandfather. He was a man of honor, but most of all he was my father.
He will be forever missed.
http://i619.photobucket.com/albums/tt273/mysteryman841/IMG00716-20120412-1452.jpg
Barry The Mod

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 03:50 pm
@mysteryman,
Wow!
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:27 pm
@Barry The Mod,

Quote:
peered through the railings and saw a cast of hundreds,moving from right to left, waving flags and singing....

Can you hear the people sing?
I can't hear a bloody thing
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:29 pm
@mysteryman,

R.I.P. Mysteryman's dad. Semper Fidelis.
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Fri 13 Apr, 2012 04:40 pm
@mysteryman,
Remember this, mysteryman?

Man
by Nina Cassian
Roy MacGregor

While fighting for his country, he lost an arm
and was suddenly afraid.
'From now on, I shall only be able to do things by halves.
I shall reap half a harvest.
I shall be able to play either the tune
or the accompaniment on a piano;
but never both parts together.
I shall be able to bang only one fist
on doors, and worst of all
I shall only be able to half hold
my love close to me.
There will be things I cannot do at all,
applaud for example,
at shows where everyone applauds.'

From that moment on, he set himself to do everything with
twice as much enthusiasm.
And where the arm had been torn away
a wing grew.

That is for your dad as well.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 02:31 am
@Barry The Mod,
Apparently they're going to be filming a lot of it in Winchester. It was all over the Echo yesterday.
0 Replies

FOUND SOUL

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 02:48 am
@mysteryman,
I can't imagine how your heart is feeling... I would be honored personally to see the photo that you tried to produce of him...

Seems like you are a proud man mysteryman and so you should be.

0 Replies

mismi

Reply Sat 14 Apr, 2012 07:20 am
HI GUYS! Hugs all around. It's another day of baseball. 3 games. 2 different parks so we will be running....

MM - my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. ((MysteryMan))

Missing my Dear Dutchy so very much. Can't wait to see him on board again.

((Izzie)) LOVE you.

See y'all later.
mis
Izzie

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 04:42 am
@mysteryman,
mysteryman wrote:

A great man was laid to rest yesterday. He was a career marine, a Vietnam vet, a husband, father, grandfather, and great grandfather. He was a man of honor, but most of all he was my father.
He will be forever missed.

Never Forgotten ((((((((((Jeff))))))))... love to you and yours xxx
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 04:43 am
@Barry The Mod,
Too cool! Very Happy
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 04:43 am
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

Missing my Dear Dutchy so very much. Can't wait to see him on board again.
mis

Hello ((((((((((((Crew))))))))))))))))))

I've been holding off writing for a little while (sorry, just couldnee talk) until I could let you know what was happening with our darling Bosun. Danny was readmitted to hospital on Friday with breathing problems and will be in a for a little while. As yet, the doctors aren't sure what is the cause of the problems he's now experiencing so will be carrying out further tests this week. It is possible that when he suffered the heart attack, the muscles of his heart were damaged.

We need a BIG STRONG force of positive energy for Danny - I realise that some may not believe this can make a difference but from personal experience, the unexplainable iz possible, and Danny does believe... and tho it may not be able to change his physical wellbeing at this very moment, it can help his mental wellbeing - so please do send positive thoughts to our Boy Down Under in whichever way you believe or have faith. With love and strength from all quarters, along with the medical marvels who will do their thang, hopefully, tho we a talking the long haul here, hopefully our Danny will recover and be back with us soon - doing a slow waltz around the deck and flying on the thermals over A2Ksville.

His wife is coping amazingly well, she's a strong, strong lady - I am in awe of her and her strength of character - tho I do know how very difficult this is for her at the moment and how she is being big and brave. Danny is very 'down' right now and she'll be letting him know thisavo that we are pulling for him around the world and our thoughts and prayers are with him.

Danny is most definitely able to feel the love around him and has been able to talk with his son and sees and speaks with his wife daily.

So... with massive posithoughts, healing wishes and love for our BEAgle, GET WELL SOON and we'll be here when you come home Danny. Love you xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
msolga

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 04:54 am
@Izzie,
Thank you for letting us know about Danny, Iz.
I'm so sorry to hear that he's now back in hospital. And so worried .....

Come on, get well, Dutchy!
Izzie

Reply Sun 15 Apr, 2012 05:29 am
@msolga,
Hey MzO

Wellllllllllllllll, we need to re-address the balance... if our Danny Boy is feeling down... we need to be UP and so level him out a little bit.

He won't wish for folk to be worried for him, but of course, how can we not? Not knowing is worse than knowing IMO - when you know what's going on you are more able2 to deal with whatever life brings your way.

Danny is one of the strongest and most loving men I know - he's been strong for all of us throughout the years - so we need to readdress the balance and give him the positivity he needs and get him back up and soaring.

I'm sure once the docs figure what's going on - then they will do what they need to.

After all, he and I have a slow dance booked on the deck and even when I've been in wheels, he's always managed to whisk me around Wink

Healing wishes...

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 07:54:43