"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

FOUND SOUL

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 02:53 am
@McTag,

Clematis, is that the pink one or the purple one? Smile The purple one, I had to leave behind when I moved, it was / is a creeper and I'll be trying to find it again...

Now to just work out the silly load from computer, from photobucket, I click and it says pftttt nada Smile Oh well, it's a start.

I absolutely "love" gardens.. I guess it's my down time... I'll take some shots as well at some point once things start flowering and growing.. We moved to a place that was full of gardens and paths, add the singing birds and it's like being away...

I believe Mr Dutchy is doing fine as best as he can... Catching his breathe, not in pain and just on the road of full recovery... Miss you Mr Dutchy...
McTag

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 03:05 am
@FOUND SOUL,

Clematis purple. I think that one is "Nellie Moser", quite common, you should be able to get it in most places I think.
Clematis (creepers or climbers, you are right) are very effective when they are growing up or through other flowering shrubs or small trees.

Bummer about the antibiotics, Verby. That sounds bad, and very worrying. Good luck.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 03:59 am
@Stormwatch,
Stormwatch wrote:

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!

Thinking of my mom today with loving memories. Today would have been her 79th birthday. I miss her everyday.

((((((((((Stormy)))))))))))

Bless you girl - loving memories of your Mom, never forgotten - thoughts for you Stormy xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

edit: still not able to get onto A2K???????? so... adding on that I'm thinking of the crew, especially our BEAgle and to say it's so lovely to see y'all posting. FS - beautiful shots (customise the options on photobucket to make smaller if you wish (800 x 640) - I like the big shots tho the quality reduces greatly when uploading. I use Picasa Web Albums and embed. Looking forward to seeing more.

Bucketloads of rain here and it looks like the lawns just grew an inch or two!!!!! We need the rain, so no complaints here.

Was out late at my parents last night - brother too - we did have a giggle - electric salt and pepper mill, spray vinegar... oops didn't realise the vinegar sprayed Wink

(((((MaMaVerby))))) thoughts for you, Eby and H-boy - love, much of it. xxx Keep Calm, Carry On. Always! Wink

Love and hugs to one and all - not sure when I'll be back online as it's beginning to drive me nutso trying to post. OK - qualifying that - more nutso Razz

<will this go thru, won't it... who knows!>

edit edit: HA - that went straight through! Bizarre! Shocked

laterz crew x
Letty

Reply Mon 9 Apr, 2012 04:46 pm
@Izzie,
You are one great hostess, Izzie.

Thinking of Beagle winking.

http://i948.photobucket.com/albums/ad328/terrawarra/EagleWink.gif
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 01:23 am
@Izzie,

How come you can't post, then you do?

Me puzzled.

Morning, all.
Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 02:24 am
@McTag,
Morning Crew

I don't know either Taggers - have been having problems since the weekend where A2K 'times out' and you just have to keep trying over and over to post summat (I got frustrated with that after an hour or so). Sent a report and the screen info to the hamsters on Sunday (bearing a gift of an Easter Egg) and they said to let them know if it continues to happen. Each time I clicked on a thread, the little circle at the top just kept whirring around and the screen would say there's a problem with the server (or something like that). No probs with other websites tho... just A2K Confused

It was a bit like the weather at the mo - one minute sunshine, next minute heavy bursts of rain! Never knew what was going to happen next.

Seems to be working fine at the moment, so fingers crossed, it was just a wee glitch! Very Happy

Letty - will keep sending good wishes to our BEAgle boy - he's healing slowly but is very, very tired, it's gonna take a while before he can soar around but we're in contact so will let you know how he's going. His lovely wife is taking good care of him and giving him lots of TLC Razz

Ha! a few minutes ago I was in the garden in glorious sunshine... now it's absolutely bucketing again, torr.en.tial... drip drip drop little April showers...lalallaaaaaaa Mr. Green

but

as I know for sure now... as sure as a new dawn breaks, it's another beautiful day in the making and I gotta song in my heart

Hoping all had a BIG sleep and have a great day.

x

eurocelticyankee

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 02:31 am
@Izzie,
You Go Girl! Smile

Agree about the weather, weird eh?.
Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 02:41 am
@eurocelticyankee,
Hey ((George)) Darlin'

<moves dancing feet>

Izn't it just bizarre - really is April Showers. We so need the water tho so can't complain and we're not in any restriction zones here like the South East is, which is fortunate! I think you've got enough over there too, which is good. My little babbling brook has been filling up overnight, it's more of a little river at the moment and getting louder by the minute Very Happy Love it tho! One minute the lounge is lit up in sunshine, then I have to go turn the lights on because it's gotten so dark in here.

That garden is MASSIVE GREEN!

Sticking with Bob whilst I go put 't kettle on, moseys on into kitchen..

Three Little Boids... don't worry 'bout a thing lalalllllllllllllllalallla... rise up this morning, smiles at the rising sun, three little boids...

Roberta

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 05:05 am
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

Sticking with Bob whilst I go put 't kettle on, moseys on into kitchen..

Three Little Boids... don't worry 'bout a thing lalalllllllllllllllalallla... rise up this morning, smiles at the rising sun, three little boids...

Iz, I had no idea that Bob Marley was a Noo Yawka. Enjoy your April showers, kid.

I'm working like crazy and planning to fit in getting my taxes done.

Thud.
Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 05:59 am
@Roberta,
Oh Boida - heh, the rain is HEAVY

(taxes - yuk - I don't do 'em here, well, not like they do them in the USA Neutral ) Good luck goil - hope you can get them sorted.

My car broke Crying or Very sad

dern it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No windscreen wipers - which is not much good when you're in torrential rain as I was. I kicked the tyre to make me feel better Mr. Green after I had a little paddy on the side of the road. Embarrassed They started working again Shocked then as I started driving again they stopped Confused

Garage is on way to pick it up now Arrow <bless that young chap at the garage>

sun, rain, sun, rain, sun, rain!

McTag

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 09:06 am
@Izzie,

Sun, rain, hail here, and perishing cold.

I went down to the fish restaurant, excellent caff, at lunchtime and had the full English with a mug of tea.
That hit the spot.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 12:08 pm
@Izzie,
Izzie wrote:

<bless that young chap at the garage>

whose boss forgot to come and pick up the car!!!!!!! Neutral Ah well, c'est la vie! Razz

Tard, tard, tard... so tired today and man, it's got brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - the sun's been shining thisavo but the ground is sooooooo wet and it feels bitterly cold out there.

The cherry tree is blossoming <poifect> and it's green green green out there. LOVE THAT!

Now, if there was just a tad more warmth...

Thinking of y'all and wishing the woild well, rested and peaceful. x

ps. Taggers, tea will always hit the spot Wink

izzythepush

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 12:31 pm
@Izzie,
I've just been to see The Pirates! in an adventure with scientists. It was really good, lots of gags aimed at the grown ups. The little lad loved it.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Tue 10 Apr, 2012 03:19 pm
@Izzie,

Quote:
ps. Taggers, tea will always hit the spot Wink

Yes but no no no the tea was only to wash down the copious calories: free range fried egg, Cumberland sausage, two thick rashers bacon, two slices fried bread, baked beans, fried mushrooms, fried tomato, black pudding.

Good caff, like I said, very nice. Slow service, but it's all cooked to order. I had the lowbrow option, but there are other items more gastro on the menu. But I think a fry-up is allowable on a cold day.
Izzie

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 03:48 am
@McTag,
GOOD MORNING CREW

Man, it's a gorgeous day out there today - hoping the rain will hold off so I can go and cut the grass - it's just a tad wet right now from the massive rain over the last few days - and there's more downpours due tomorrow - but right now, the sun is shining, boids are twittering and it's beeeeeeautiful.

McTag wrote:

the tea was only to wash down the copious calories

heh heh, I knew that Wink Razz S-boy loves a fry up - his latest thang is fried egg sammiches with tommy ketchup (yeuch on both counts) - he loves 'em.

Hey IzY - I saw a review on Pirates and it had great ratings. Gawsh, I can't remember last time I went to the movies - I think it was to see Angels and Demons - so that was an eon ago!!!!!! Glad you and the little chap enjoyed and hope he has fully recovered now and will be set to go back to school next week.

Okeydokey, waiting for the painpills (dern joints) to kick in and then shall be taking it a little easier today.

BEAgle - hope you are resting well my darlin' and each day getting a little stronger. Love you DannyBoy - hugs to you and MrsB ((((BEAgle))) xx

Thoughts for the crew near and far...

Such a beautiful day - got me some chillin' music to sing to and life is tickety.

Wishing y'all a great day xxxx
izzythepush

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 04:57 am
@Izzie,
We got a free book with the kid's popcorn special. The book was written first, and adventures with scientists is just one of many, there's also adventures with Napoleon and adventures with communists. This is one of my favourite lines. 'In a straight fight a shark would beat a Dracula any day. You can put that in one of your books if you like Jane Austin.'
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 11 Apr, 2012 03:54 pm
Good Evening Crew

(Morning BEAgle) thinking of you, rest darlin', regain your strength - take your time, take it easy. Love you x x xxxx Hugs to you and A. xx

Couple busy days coming up so I shall check back with y'all when I'm able2 Razz

Wishing the woild well and peaceful

Time to zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Nighty night x

Look at the stars, Look how they shine for you...lallalllllllllaaa
Izzie

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 12:41 am
@Izzie,
Another beautiful day...

the yellow moon woke me at 4.30am and the boids were singing a symphony... it was too lovely to go back to sleep - I watched the sunrise and the white frost melt

it's the most perfect Spring day, it couldn't be any better than this lalalllllallala

Thoughts to the crew, those far and near...

x
McTag

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 02:17 am
@Izzie,

Quote:
the yellow moon woke me at 4.30am and the boids were singing a symphony

Why do birds sing in the dark? The "dawn chorus" I can understand, but our lot start early. Seemingly the Devon lot do the same.
I heard that urban birds sing louder than their country cousins, because there is more competing noise in and near the cities. Our lot make a helluva racket, sorry, symphony.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 12 Apr, 2012 03:08 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

Why do birds sing in the dark?

From the RSPB website.

Quote:
The main purpose of singing is to attract a mate and defend a territory. Robins are one of the few birds that hold a territory throughout the winter so continue to sing when the majority of other birds have stopped.

Robins are often one of the first birds to start singing in the morning and the last to finish in the evening so are used to being active in low light conditions. In places where there are street lamps or other artificial light sources, robins can be triggered to start singing because it does not get completely dark. Other disturbances, like a loud noise or movement, can also start birds singing in the night.

Some birds in Britain regularly sing in the night. The nightingale is the bird that many people would associate with nighttime singing but corncrakes and nightjars do as well. However, these birds are only summer visitors to Britain and should now be wintering in Africa.

http://www.rspb.org.uk/advice/expert/previous/singingatnight.aspx

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.14 seconds on 04/25/2024 at 10:00:14