"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

wandeljw

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:13 am
@McTag,
It is impressive that they won a European competition. Maybe they can enter the Eurovision Contest.
Izzie

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 06:20 am
@wandeljw,
Afternoon Crew

We've sprung forward, SPRING is here, and what a glorious day so far, spending time in the garden and aboot to go cut the grass. Man, it's divine out there - sunny and warm and wow, it's beautiful.

Had visitors yesterday and spent the whole day yip yap yop. Loved that.

Taggers - CONGRATS to FiB and her crew - that's fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Will look forward to reading their blog a little laterz.

Waves to the crew and thinking of those near and far...

x
McTag

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 03:00 pm
@Izzie,

Came back from my friends', who invited me over for a meal, how nice was that, and I noticed that the moon was a very slim crescent tonight, with a star close by, looked very arabic if you get my meaning.

Very nice. And yes, the weather (in March!!!) was very lovely today.
When I did the meals-on-wheels over to Fiona's parents earlier, one of the their neighbours was having a barbecue!! (at 1800 hrs in March!!!).

So London will definitely run out of water later imho, if the weather is going to be as crazy as that.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 25 Mar, 2012 05:15 pm
@McTag,
Sounds a bit bottom of the Championship to me.
http://cdn.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/portsmouth-crest-new.jpg
McTag

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 01:09 am
@izzythepush,

Ah, heraldry, don'cha love it?

Someone will write in and tell us why Pompey have a star and crescent.

Morris dancers used to be "Moorish" dancers, I know that. Multi-ethnic from way back is what we are.

I forget what I was going to say, now.

Embarrassed
Izzie

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 04:01 am
@McTag,
Morning Crew

SUMMER is here Shocked

Spent the day mooching in the garden yesterday - fabulous it was - gonna be doing the same today but taking it a little easier. We break up this week and it's 2 weeks off. Tulip, kids and I are off to see Phantom of The Opera on Saturday - too cool! Little fella has his final exam today - 2000 words in 4 hours, Romeo and Juliet... hoping he will get through it without having to navigate any dire straits

okedokey - off to commune with nature

((((((((((((((((((Crew))))))))))))))))

y'all are in my thoughts... thinking of those near and far

x
Izzie

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 04:04 am
@McTag,
McTag wrote:

When I did the meals-on-wheels over to Fiona's parents earlier,

hoping they are on the recoverey road Taggers xx

IzY - also hope you can get the paperwork sorted today and sort the funeral out. How's your little boy now - any better or off to the doc? xxx
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 04:07 am
@Izzie,
I've not seen it, I did see Peter Glaze playing Fattum of the Opera in Crackerjack years ago, but that's probably not the same thing.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 05:14 am
@Izzie,
Hi Izzie, glad you were able to spend a day in the garden, weather sounds lovely. Mrs. B took the Bosun for lunch today, had a lovely crumbed chicken schnitzel with a variety of salads. Autumn here with the cooler weather fast approaching, just 24 today. Waves from downunder.
Izzie

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 05:41 am
@Dutchy,
Afternoon

I iz so embarrassed - strangers turning up when I'm in the garden and so not suitably attired for visitors! Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Ugh, ack that.

They thought I was Australian Shocked Cool Mr. Green that always makes me chuckle.

Ha! IzY - not quite the same a? Very Happy Did you ever watch crackerjack - loved that programme when I was a kid! x

((((BEAgle)))) - it's 19degrees here (which for us is as Taggers says, crazy weather) and the plants don't know what to do with themselves - it's March - not May - and we've not had good rain for a while so it's a case of schlep back and forth and forth and back from the river to water the unestablished ones. My first Tulips have come out - beaut.eeee.ful they are. We're not in drought conditions here like up country so we're pretty lucky really - and being next to the river, I'm more fortunate than most in having water readily available. Spend a lot of time by the river, musing, and, keeping peace.

My macro lens is broken - can.not.tell.you.had.sad.I.am when I need it the most.

Dawgs are loving the sunspots in the conservatory as I'm writing. Poor 'ole Scooby is not too good tho - his back legs keep giving way and he falls all over the place. He's an old fella now and well... he doesn't seem to be in pain so. Maddie spends hours trying to catch the bees and hover flies - theres.just.no.telling.her!

Hey ho! Time to make a cuppa methinks Arrow and off out to soak up the beauty and birdsong.

Missy - how's you baby girl? Hoping all is wonderful on your Spring Break. Love you much. x

(((Blue)))& yours xox x

Catchy'all later. ((Crew)) x
izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 05:45 am
@Izzie,
I used to love Crackerjack. I'm dealing with the registrar tomorrow, I've just got back from the doctors with a load of antibiotics.
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 07:07 am
@Izzie,
Hello Sweet Iz,

I did manage to make it to the beach for Spring Break. The weather did not look like it was going to cooperate but Friday afternoon, Sat and Sun were gorgeous. The boys caught all kinds of little critters - sand crabs, hermit crabs, pin fish, croakers and even a baby lobster. Very cool though...that breeze was non-stop...which was great for my kite flying. Enjoyed it very much! Smile Loved being with mom and dad and bro and his wife and kids.

We have one more day off and then back to school. Sad Boys are NOT happy about that.

Poor Scooby. Glad there is no pain though. Maddie will figure it out soon enough. Poor pup. Razz I have a doggy that can't help herself when it comes to flying bugs - whatever they may be. I think I am working in the yard today as well since it is so nice out there.

((Izzie)) Love you girly. Take care of yourself.

Hugs to the crew.
mis
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 09:07 am
Spring Break! - Hello everybody – Spring Break!

Don’tcha just love this time of the year; one can put away the books, stop attending those dreary lectures that drag on for eons, cast aside the stuffy formalities of having to wear pants in the offertory; but enough of the Eucharistic, it’s enough that those damned students have fled and peace descends on God’s heavenly Harvard acreages so that I may indulge in frivolities.

I woke up this morning desperately seeking the answer to one of the most valuable and elusive secrets of the last 60 years; so I considered calling Missy, but after the last time when she threatened to call the cops if I didn’t fornicate off and decease, or it may have been desist; I thought it better to call on over to see Izzie; OMG I didn’t realise she is a naturalist! Or maybe a naturist even.

Whatever, cloths seems to be an optional extra in Devonshire! Not that Ima complaining but it did remind me of the song ‘A whiter shade of pale’ by Procol Harum; I must ask JW about them as he was around in their time!

Anyhoo, Izzie emerges from a fluster and refers to me by my pet name when she says, “Put your eyeballs back in their sockets Jerk and tell me what the question Iz.”

It is times like this that I wish I wazza Southampton soccer supporter sitting on a five points lead at the top of the Championship table instead of by a cruel twist of fate a son of Portsmouth who languish in the relegation zone due in no small part to the fact that the Mayflower actually set sail from a refit at Portsmouth before sailing to Plymouth Devon where Izzie lives via Southamption where Izzy lives.

Now call that a coincidence if you will, and where there is a will there is always a Lawyer; but that still does not answer my question.

So I wish you all well and all those that live in Canada and face perils on a daily basis.

EDIT:

I have just been informed that unless I ask the stupid damn question I will receive a smack upside my head by means of a 2x4; now, as appealing as that prospect is, time constraints prevent its acceptance, so here it iz:

Due to recent revelations by the United States Justice Department, do you think China will ever be able to produce the color white via any other way other than the ‘sulphate route’ to produce the titanium dioxide pigment, or not?

Hugs to Brooke (whether she needs them or not) and kisses for all. x

Beads and jugs…
izzythepush

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 12:26 pm
@Tryagain,
Next Saturday we're playing Portsmouth. It's an early kickoff, they expect trouble, especially if one of three things happens.
1) Saints are promoted.
2) Saints are champions.
3) Pompey are relegated.
McTag

Reply Mon 26 Mar, 2012 03:45 pm
@izzythepush,

You should send your police up to Ibrox when Celtic are visiting.

Now, a quick change of subject, I made a nice lamb casserole for tomorrow night,for the conquering heroine's return, and the house is filled with a not-too-delicate aroma.
I can't do cooking without big pongs. Certainly not fish. And it's too late to open all the windows.
But I must say the casserole, which is a kind of Irish Stew with a twist, looks very yummy.
0 Replies

annis

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 10:37 am
Hi all!

Thought I'd drop in! What lovely weather we are having! I have been busy repainting my bedroom! I like to keep busy!

Fboy got 3rd in class for his Maths test!! Higher Maths too!! Am so pleased for him! He takes after his Dad! I am hopeless at Maths!

Looking forward to Saturday, we are off to see Phantom of the Opera with Izzie and Sboy can not wait!

Well hugs to all! X
0 Replies

mismi

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:18 pm
Hello there Tulip, McT, Izzy and there is our elusive Try.

I see Dutchy around but he hasn't come to visit Sad
((Dutchy)) Hope all is well with you.

Gbaby lost his game by one point last night. Totally sucked. He pitched the 3rd and 4th innings but got a little flustered and started walking kids. He is only 8. Makes me want to drink after he pitches though....so stressful! He seems to handle it pretty well mostly.

((Izzie)) Hope you had a good day girly.

Hugs to you all
mis
Stormwatch

Reply Tue 27 Mar, 2012 05:37 pm
@mismi,
mismi wrote:

Gbaby lost his game by one point last night. Totally sucked. He pitched the 3rd and 4th innings but got a little flustered and started walking kids. He is only 8. Makes me want to drink after he pitches though....so stressful! He seems to handle it pretty well mostly.

I feel the same when N pitches. Nail biting. tryouts are finally over here. N made a team, just don't know which yet. He has been practicing with the varsity, but he's only a sophomore, so I say jr varsity. I think they will just pull him up to varsity to pitch a few games, not play every one . We will see.
McTag

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 12:06 am
@Stormwatch,

Was that in English? I can't figure it out.

Wink wink wink only kidding

Did you know that in Germany, wink means to wave? Winken.
And Besen is a broom, which is the same as a dialect English and Scottish word.
cf. "Ya wee bizzom!"
fascinating, eh.

The lamb casserole was nice, and warmly received. And, we've got half left over for tonight or tomorrow.
My car's in for an MoT this morning, so I better get ready.
mismi

Reply Wed 28 Mar, 2012 03:34 pm
@Stormwatch,
Quote:
I feel the same when N pitches. Nail biting. tryouts are finally over here. N made a team, just don't know which yet. He has been practicing with the varsity, but he's only a sophomore, so I say jr varsity. I think they will just pull him up to varsity to pitch a few games, not play every one . We will see.

That sounds like the best possible scenario. He might get to play more. Might be less pressure there as well. Although he may be good enough he gets to play as much as the upper classmen.

Yeah - pitching is just - exhausting for the moms. Wink

We had a rock climbing wall at school today. I got to be the anchor for some big ol' kids. My fingers and my arms feel like spaghetti noodles. Four hours. It was for a book they are reading and there is mountain climbing in it. I don't even know what the book is! But I am pooped. Truly.

It was fun though. Man I love those 6th grade kids. Still so sweet and yet getting old enough to treat them less baby like. Win win situation.

Hugs to you all!
mis
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.12 seconds on 05/02/2024 at 10:28:45