"YABBER-LINER" - ALL ABOARD

annis

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 10:26 am
@izzythepush,
Hi izzythepush
Re Bristol - It all depends which hospital you are sent to originally, my went to Plymouth which then locates to Southampton, Cornwall hospitals locate to Bristol. Strange I know, but am glad he went to Southampton after all that went on in Bristol with heart children, also his surgeon studied under the famous heart transplant surgeon but can not spell his name!

So Chaps, thought I'd have a nice easy day off but no! Got a call from my daughter's college to say she was sick, just before her 5hr photography exam! So had to go pick her up! She can do 3 hrs of it still if she goes back during this week and they will send a note to examiners to say what had happened or go in next Thursday for 5 hrs! Gonna see how she is tomorrow.

Has been clear skies and sun but still cold up to 5 degrees, but had to have some heating on!

Hope ya all doing well and steering the ship to calm waters X
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 11:03 am
@annis,
There has been talk about shutting down the Southampton Unit and moving everything to Oxford. That caused a real stink, I've not heard anything about that for a long time, so hopefully they've forgotten about it. We don't just serve Hampshire, Wiltshire, Dorset, Devon and some parts of West Sussex but the Channel Islands and the Isle of Wight too. Those Whitehall mandarins don't consider the impact that all that extra travelling time can have.
mismi

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 11:07 am
@izzythepush,
I love reading yours and Annis' posts. I have read about all of those names in my Jane Austen and Charlotte Bronte reads - and there you are talking about it in everyday conversation. Really quite wonderful. Very Happy Maybe even my Victoria Holt novels...love it.

Just sticking my head in to say hello and have a good day!

hugs,
mis
annis

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 11:13 am
@mismi,
Ha! Thanks Mismi, we talk English, well sort of! X
0 Replies

annis

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 11:16 am
@izzythepush,
Yep have heard about the shut down and did get a petition to stop! They are fantastic at Southampton, Fboy wouldn't be here without them! Maybe we can meet up next time we visit Southampton! Which should be this year! His MRI is overdue!

Oh boy it is chilly here abouts! How are the rest of you?

Keep warmX
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 11:19 am
@mismi,
The names haven't changed but a lot else has. Southampto was badly bombed during the war, and a lot of the historic old city was blown away, but we've still got bits and pieces. I suppose this picture best sums us up.

http://www.backpack-uk.com/photos/Southampton1.jpg

In the foreground there's part of the old city wall, built by the Normans, and in the background there's Westquay shopping centre, built by the Council.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 11:21 am
@annis,
That sounds fine, I'm usually about, but if it's a school day I've got to get my little boy from school.
annis

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 11:27 am
@izzythepush,
Great when we know the appointment will let you know then! Love the photo! I can not seem to post photos not sure why maybe I am thick! Ha! or something!
izzythepush

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 12:04 pm
@annis,
I can't post my own photos. I get them all off the net.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 03:51 pm
@mismi,
Hello Crew

Was verra happy we scored a try – go England! Mr. Green

and

Long Live The Queen – 60 years – bless Queen Elizabeth II

It’s so good to see y’all here … and thank you one and all for your thoughts for S-boy who’s much improved…. He went back to school yesterday and finished his small course of steroids, still on antibios tho. MaMa, PaPa and Bro have gone down with ‘it’ now. Damn virulent little bugs. Half term next week so we’re off for 10 days – shall be sailing along a little more over the next couple weeks. Smile

Missy – hope today is a better day for you and that you’ve recovered from a busy weekend with the boyz. ((((Mis))))x

Tulip – hope S-girl is feeling better and gets to do her exam. So sorry for Mum – hope you’ve persuaded her to come down for a while. See you soon. x

((((al Crew, Babbling, Taggers, Osso, Verby, Tulip, IzY, jw, Boida, RH, Tsar, JPB, Letty, Missy, Bethie, Margo, BEAgle, lyBlue xox))))

Stunning morning, cold…so verra cold and not a snowflake in sight… beautiful frosty fields, crunchy… mist rising off the fields… daybreak – stunning.

Gotta love a man in a long coat – oh my, Mr Darcy! <heh heh>

Near and far - y'all be safe

Onwards and upwards!

crystals from the sky...

dragonfly diamonds on the car...

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-VdHUGAfoly4/TzGbKlYamVI/AAAAAAAATQI/-lCu4dvQtcs/s800/do%2520you%2520see%2520what%2520I%2520see.jpg

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-6AsU8TLKAi0/TzGZjiffq7I/AAAAAAAATPQ/V1flpUvBd9I/s800/DSC00940.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-Cg7puWpfOos/TzGaTYivKcI/AAAAAAAATPg/RpGtPcs8-r8/s800/DSC01006.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-lgAZf7ZTIcI/TzGayVfjFRI/AAAAAAAATP4/ZGE2yY0OmEI/s800/DSC01110.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-UZ0P_S6nKX0/TzGbBNhsEvI/AAAAAAAATQA/QE0lhhqamoc/s800/DSC01118.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-TyHC9pe8zw8/TzGan9vT_KI/AAAAAAAATPw/jZSf7REMlfs/s800/DSC01026.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-9tV8aRtZVxc/TzGad6jpSvI/AAAAAAAATPo/G0WP8elARA0/s800/DSC01013.JPG

McTag

Reply Tue 7 Feb, 2012 04:31 pm
@Izzie,

Well, Scotland for the Wooden Spoon, if we can't beat that shower in white..... Sad

I did enjoy the Sunday game, tho'. Very Happy Proper game, that were.
McTag

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 01:59 am
@McTag,

I see Dan Parks has announced his retirement from international rugby, with immediate effect.

Pity that thought came a week late. Smile

0 Replies

Roberta

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 02:18 am
@Izzie,
Izzie, querida, Gasping from the gorgeous pics, kid. Wow.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 03:41 am
@McTag,
Well Southampton are out of the FA Cup, so I'm in a massive strop as well.
0 Replies

Izzie

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 03:27 pm
@Roberta,
Thanku so much Boida, nature makes it so easy, it's a joy to look thru a lens, so so close. ((((((((((Boida))))))))))))

Evening All

and man, is it a chilly one!

Taggers and IzY - oh dear, boys... now, there's no point having a strop - chin's up, the show must go on Mr. Green Onwards and upwards!

OK, so it's flippin' fffffffffffffffffffreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing

minus 5.5 this morning on the way to work and we haven't even got it bad down in the SouthWest... up 't country it's minus 12 Shocked ... which for the UK is blooming brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I cannot get warm, even with umpteen layers on and the heating cranked up. I need something, hmmmmmmmm, what could that be Question

Work's busy

busy busy

so looking forward to half term, I must say.

I found the mouse Murphy brought in and dropped Rolling Eyes which promptly ran under the sofa a couple days ago - could I get it out, no, could the black boy get it, no ... yeuch - in a hole in the speakers down by the dresser... nasty nasty deed moose Arrow <pleasant a?>

Hmmmm....

Missy - interview on Friday? I am posivibing with all my might right now for the greater good for everything - so I hope that this will work out well for you. I love you (((((((Mis))))))

BEAgle - how are you darlin' - and how come you've got all the heat Down Under? Razz I have to say, the sun and blue skies here have been incredible with the cold cold cold... but it's awfully hard to get warm right now. I'm really looking forward to Spring and the leaves appearing on the trees. Roll on the clocks. Hope all is good there and Mrs BEAgle is keeping you busy. Did M bring the tuna in yet? Wink (((BEAgle)))xx

Tulip - pick up your 1571messages girl - checking in with you Smile Speak tomorrow OK! x

((((BlueBaby)))) xox - take care of you and yours xxxxx------>

I'm in heap big thoughtem right now - must go to sleep soon, so tired, too tired.

The moon is so amazing, slightly hazy - super stunning. Love a big moon.

I'm feelin' a bit of Rod coming on...

lalaaaaaaaaaaaaalallaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you're in my heart, you're in my soul...

Y'all take care, be safe. x

mismi

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 03:51 pm
@Izzie,
Quote:
Missy - interview on Friday? I am posivibing with all my might right now for the greater good for everything - so I hope that this will work out well for you. I love you (((((((Mis))))))

I love YOU! Well...I am going to quit telling you there is going to be an interview and just say that I am self-employed now. I am refinishing furniture and already have two buyers. So now I will have to be self-motivated and on the prowl for more furniture. Smile Right now I have 9 pieces that I need to finish and get advertised.

The lady I am to interview with told me that she is going to do the phone interview here in the next couple of weeks. I suppose I will believe it when I see it. Razz My previous manager tells me it is going to happen (I will be working with her) but it is just going to take them getting through this open enrollment period and the final details of the buyout.

I am going to be a substitute music teacher starting Monday of next week. Two days a week...so - it will help. That is just until they find someone, or until I get this other job.

Those pictures are amazing. Absolutely beautiful.

My, I am chatty. I hope the mousy is found and deposited somewhere besides the inside of your house. Silly kitty. Wink

Hugs to you and the rest of the crew.
misxox
Rockhead

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 03:52 pm
@mismi,
I bet they don't let you play disco, either missy...

just saying.
mismi

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 03:57 pm
@Rockhead,
Oh no - I have total autonomy as to what I can play. So's if I want to play disco I can....I am about to go inundate your thread. Razz

It is going to be SO much fun. Wink
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 04:40 pm
@Izzie,
my sympathies to y'all on the football thing.

but. I gotta wonder what you expect when you make an Italian guy your coach...

I recommend getting an English dude this time.
0 Replies

Dutchy

Reply Wed 8 Feb, 2012 05:50 pm
@Izzie,
Hiya Izzie. Sorry to hear it is so cold in your part of the world, sending you some of our outback heat, I say outback because there it is extremely hot. Have no fear Mrs.B keeps me busy but I have learned to evade her clutches. Laughing M. is still on the water, seas are very rough in the Bight and the Tuna is very elusive. Smile Don't forget to send my best wishes to your soul sister.

Miss Sunshine as always you amaze me with your multiple talents, I'm sure you'll do well in the 2nd hand furniture business.

Waves from downunder.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.13 seconds on 05/10/2024 at 12:18:40